Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2013 5:01 PM
Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And we still don't know who Cure Ace is. Loved all the Regina bits and found it sad Mana couldn't attack her.

Jun 29, 2013 7:50 PM

Jun 2009
I knew Regina wouldn't be Ace.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Jun 29, 2013 10:38 PM

Sep 2012
As expected Kugyuu is amazing. Even though I know she is capable of more than the loli tsundere voice that made her so famous, but the voice she used here is again different from what she used in voicing Hasta in Nyaruko-san, Wamiya in RDG and Dejinee/Airi in Robotics Note...
symbvJun 30, 2013 12:43 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 29, 2013 11:36 PM
Jun 2011
looks like in the next episode we will see 2 new villains and a new girl which may be importend since she is with ai
Jun 30, 2013 12:41 AM

Oct 2011
It was ok in the end - still feels like a mess and with new character it might go even deeper. Well I should mind it, yet Ace might bring some life here.

Now it was like 5 seconds of her talking... but I was saying she will do great job and she did :D
as expected from Kugyuu, indeed.
she also seems to be/look rather intimidating which would be additionaly nice to see after generations of Precure that lack this trait.

Preview shows two scary things:
- those two new bad guys - but it was rather predictable
- fact that Mana's mother treats pink kid with wings as something normal... yes, that is scarier one.
Jun 30, 2013 1:41 AM

Sep 2012
Dalek-baka said:

- fact that Mana's mother treats pink kid with wings as something normal... yes, that is scarier one.

Still no one wondered why a middle school girl like Mana was with this kind of Baby for this much time....

So, Kugyuu is awesome with only one sentence. And Regina will be known as the mind controlled character.
Jun 30, 2013 2:26 AM

Apr 2011
Dammit! I thought Regina will be Ace. Oh well...
Jun 30, 2013 8:12 AM

Feb 2012
aah I hope Ace isn't the brown haired girl in the preview though. There's too much main girls in this season already, and they didn't really develop the precure yet. (I still feel bad for Alice, she says like 3 sentences per episode and there was only two episodes about her, even though she's a main cure... And we don't know too much about the other girls either but Alice has the worst development.)

I feel like the development of characters in Doki doki is terrible and I hope they slow down the plot after the Ace arc...

I kinda liked the episode though. I wonder who are the new jikochuu guys? We know almost nothing about Jikochuu's background story and it kinda pisses me off that they already put new villains. I really want to know where they are from?
Jun 30, 2013 9:46 AM
Apr 2013
Shakkam said:
aah I hope Ace isn't the brown haired girl in the preview though. There's too much main girls in this season already, and they didn't really develop the precure yet. (I still feel bad for Alice, she says like 3 sentences per episode and there was only two episodes about her, even though she's a main cure... And we don't know too much about the other girls either but Alice has the worst development.)

I feel like the development of characters in Doki doki is terrible and I hope they slow down the plot after the Ace arc...

I kinda liked the episode though. I wonder who are the new jikochuu guys? We know almost nothing about Jikochuu's background story and it kinda pisses me off that they already put new villains. I really want to know where they are from?

They're putting way too many characters in; we have 5 cures, Regina, Joe, Ai-chan, the princess, the 5 Selfish and the Selfish King. Unless there is going to be 2 seasons for Doki Doki than this is just crowded.
Jun 30, 2013 9:46 AM

Dec 2011
I think the brown haired girl is Ace. Since she does look like the type Kugimiya Rie would voice and she's wearing Ace's colours.
Jun 30, 2013 7:19 PM

Jul 2012
Holy shounen shoulders.

I love how blatantly these girls love each other. This is the gayest DokiDoki yet and it's not ashamed.

Pretty sure the only reason Alice exists in this show is to use Rosetta Reflection.

I hope I'm not the only one sick of the plot spinning around in circles, same with Regina's development. It's getting old. I understand that there's complications and stuff, but jeez. It just keeps running around and around.

Toei, your trolling with Cure Ace sucks too.
Jun 30, 2013 7:57 PM

Apr 2008
The Kugyuu force is quite strong indeed. Nice seeing her not typecast for once, as it's when her talents actually come to light.

This episode was so-so. It was nice to see the girls actually have some time to themselves, acting the way middle school girls would (well, except for all the blatant yuri). Regina's development was once again, poorly handled. Just when it seems like she's come to some realization, nope, gotta pull the mind control card and deux ex her back to her evil self. Her emotional turmoil would be so much more convincing if they didn't need to resort to cheap tricks like these. What ever happened to characters working through their own problems?

Oh well, at least we know who Cure Ace is. I'm not too pleased with her being a character with absolutely no prior development with the cast (beyond her backstory with Makoto). At least Eas and Siren bonded with some of the Cures beforehand.

ihateeveryone said:
Pretty Cure the only reason Alice exists in this show is to use Rosetta Reflection.

This. Rikka has also been tossed aside now that Mana has a new love interest. DokiDoki is going down the harem route. :P

Jun 30, 2013 11:56 PM
Dec 2012
Damn was hoping to know who cure ace is. Another week of mystery xD
Jul 1, 2013 2:07 AM

Oct 2011
After rewatching it... well at least they did one thing right - modification of Splash Star scenario: they got rid of Regina so plot might go into saving her and making her, their friend again. So one thing is bit cleaned up. Not the best solution but whatever.

Other thing is taking away the Princess and what happened before Ace had appeared - I've heard both Ai-chan annoing voice and those crystals. So it would be still possible (if involved some kind of weird twist and suspending the logic) that Ace is the Princess.
If the spoilers are right her "civilian form" name is Aguri and there was a story by Junichiro of girl with that name, being in relationship with guy called Okada. Would be quite weird, not so logical but interesting. Or I might be looking to deep into this :P

PS. Did I already said that Ace voice and transformation looks awesome? If they won't screw this up one point up for this alone :)
Jul 1, 2013 2:47 AM

Jan 2008
All those cute Regina x Mana interactions got me caught in another thoughts-loop about how wonderful it would be if Regina's subplot wasn't so rushed. Eh.
Jul 1, 2013 6:48 AM

Sep 2012
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 1, 2013 10:13 AM
Nov 2008
From one side I like how in this season we are ending the first half without filler, while I liked HeartCatch its main problem was an horrible, long and boring horde of character/monster of the week.

But at the same moment I must agree that the character development is lacking, first Makopi and then right after that Regina, they stole too much potential screentime for Rikka and Alice.

About Regina and her changes after this episode I believe the situation is like this:

- She is not a real Selfish, she was created or is part of the queen power or anything like that so that's why she has no memory.
- Considering the fact she was almost a blank canvas while she is like a Selfish without too much egogy she was easily influenced by Mana leading to the current situation

So while it seems that everything it's happening too fast I thing that it may be coherent with this idea
Jul 1, 2013 10:26 AM

May 2010
Magito said:
Dammit! I thought Regina will be Ace. Oh well...

same here, but when i saw the voice actors where different, i thought probably not.

very exciting episode, the girls got beat pretty badly. :O
wonder why cure ace looks so much like the queen o.O

anyways cant wait for the next episode xD
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jul 1, 2013 3:02 PM

May 2013
Woah, Cure Ace gives off a totally different vibe than the other four. She looks so mature with the lipstick and stuff. How old will she be? Too bad her appearence was so short. I actually like the fact that Cure Ace is neither Regina nor the princess, then again there are already quite a lot of characters + two new bad guys. I am looking forward to learning more about her.
Jul 1, 2013 7:25 PM

Aug 2008
How elegant! Touko, is that you?
Jul 2, 2013 3:00 PM

Aug 2007
Mmm... Why did Ace appear in the end of the episode!!! That's not fair. Now, To wait the next episode.
Jul 3, 2013 12:50 AM

Nov 2011
Well, I like it that Regina is Cure Ace. It will be too cliche' otherwise. Cure Ace do look more mature than the rest, kinda remind you of Cure Moonlight who is just above the rest.

Jul 14, 2013 4:57 PM

Oct 2011
Dang! I was hoping with all hope that Regina was Cure Ace! Oh well. :/
She reminds me of the princess.
Nov 17, 2013 7:05 PM

Apr 2010
Does anyone else think Mana's Dad looks like a color changed version of Hibiki's dad (Suite)?
Dec 21, 2013 7:14 PM

Jul 2008
Even though it wasn't her fault, I am getting sick of the evil-good-evil-good back and forth Regina has been doing for the past 10 episodes.

I don't understand why Mana didn't use the arrow on Regina, either. It wouldn't have actually hurt or killed her. It would have cleansed her heart. I don't know why that is a bad thing. Other precure series have cleansed villains.
Gar_LoganDec 21, 2013 7:51 PM
Mar 22, 2018 10:21 AM

Nov 2012
And Regina is back to being evil!

Argh,irritating.
Dec 19, 2020 12:40 PM
Feb 2018
Agreed with the comments saying the character development is bad. Everyone seems to have been tossed aside for the sake of Regina. Now to write my essay.

For real, why are the fights like... so bad? The Cures are not this weak and bad at fighting, they just aren't. The plot wants them to fail. Ira and Marmo were having trouble against Mana when it was her FIRST FIGHT. Now they're showing that they're actually somewhat of a threat? The fight was already awful before Regina took over. Ira and Marmo used their attack, Alice uses her not reflective Rosetta Reflection (how original) and the 3 other Cures just does... nothing? They were literally doing nothing, they gave the villians a free win. Now Regina, why didn't she use her powers to help? We know what she's capable of.

Now on their fight with Regina, again it felt like the plot wanted them to lose. They just took all her attacks with no attempts to dodge, as annoying as it would be, why didn't Alice spam Rosetta Reflection like she always does? Why didn't the Cures dodge? Why is Cure Sword fighting like she has no experience when she's supposed to be much more experienced than the rest? The only Cure that did anything was Rosetta and she only uses her shield. Then Mana for some reason... can't use Lovely Force Arrow? They all agreed to do it then Mana decides she can't do it. And not sure how long they can keep this Precure thing a secret, Mana's dad just got knocked unconscious by superhuman strength. Then next episode's preview has Mana's mom holding Ai? That baby has wings come on people.

In the preview "Cure Ace is so strong! She was able to stop Regina's attacks!" Umm the difference is she actually tried to stop it, the other Cures didn't. They just ate up all the attacks like there was nothing they could do.

I'm being hopeful here but I want the Cures to actually be competent like the few episodes where they were written to be. Alice is good at Martial Arts so let her fight Bel? Would be an interesting match since we saw Bel being good at hand to hand combat too. Mana and Rikka can fight Ira and Marmo like a pair vs pair battle. Makoto can just... do whatever honestly as long as she does it competently I'm satisfied.
CWCDec 19, 2020 12:44 PM
Aug 14, 2021 6:35 AM

Feb 2020
Regina is back to being evil. This is truly getting boring and repetitive.

The debut of Cure Ace came out of nowhere.

Such a cute and precious moment. It's so shame they had to make Regina evil again.

SerafosFeb 21, 1:00 AM
Mar 14, 2022 3:43 PM
Oct 2019
aaaand this is where I am gonna have to struggle through this show roflmao, not because Regina isn't a cure, but because they forced in brain-wash and removed her from the show for several episodes...why o_o that's SO lame
Oct 14, 2023 3:13 PM

Jan 2021
Wow. Massively disappointed Regina is not Ace. She was the best character and was so close to finishing her redemption arc but they just undo the last bunch of episodes and snap their fingers to make her evil again. We've already gone through this, no need to rehash it more. We'll see how it plays out but it seems like a huge mistake to not just finish her conversion to the good guys' side and make her a cure. Instead we got some random deus ex machina Ace out of nowhere. Booo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » DokiDoki! Precure Episode 35 Discussion

ZettaiRyouiki - Oct 12, 2013

14 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 27 Discussion

Kaengel - Aug 4, 2013

20 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 21, 2023 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 23 Discussion

symbv - Jul 6, 2013

31 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 4 Discussion

symbv - Feb 23, 2013

27 by Archer2 »»
Jul 11, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » DokiDoki! Precure Episode 47 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Jan 18, 2014

16 by Animelover875 »»
Apr 16, 2023 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.