sushiisawesomeMar 3, 2015 9:45 AM
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2013 10:10 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, cool!

While I haven't read many visual novels myself, I do end up finding some of them fairly interesting...even if the other 99% of them are generic highschool harem stuff.

Thought I have read a few in my lifetime. Katawa Shoujo is my favorite one by far. But I also like Analogue: A Hate Story and Don't Take it Personally Babe, it Just Ain't Your Story, both by the same author.

I guess you could also put Phoenix Wright in that list, if you consider that a Visual Novel.
Jun 26, 2013 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
I think Katawa Shoujo might be the ONLY VN I've sat through.
Jun 26, 2013 11:05 AM

Apr 2012
Matthew-san said:
Oh, cool!

While I haven't read many visual novels myself, I do end up finding some of them fairly interesting...even if the other 99% of them are generic highschool harem stuff.

Thought I have read a few in my lifetime. Katawa Shoujo is my favorite one by far. But I also like Analogue: A Hate Story and Don't Take it Personally Babe, it Just Ain't Your Story, both by the same author.

I guess you could also put Phoenix Wright in that list, if you consider that a Visual Novel.

Never played Phoenix Wright, but if it's great enough, I'm pretty sure it can go for the list.
I'll set up a list of enlightenment worthy VNs and JRPGs in due time, just would like to hear everyone's opinion about the proposal.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 26, 2013 11:07 AM

Jan 2013
I think that neither a vn list nor a J-RPG list have a place here ( there's the vn club and video game websites ) but a discussion would be nice if there's enough willing persons.
I'm always tracking the " should I watch Fate Stay Night or Zero first " to tell them that anyone who have enough time should play ( FSN offer A LOT of choices ) the vn. The anime cover only the worst route ( the first ) and they also made a movie for the second route that is a little better but the visual novel is by far better, even the fights are more entertaining. The writing of FSN is the best I've ever seen in a vn, it's really well written Also the third route add a dark atmosphere, is the longest, is generally considered as the best route and offer better explanations for the holy grail war.

My favourite vns are Fate Stay Night, Tsukihime ( made before FSN by same studio ) Sengoku Rance and Muv Luv Alternative, also Fate Hollow Ataraxia ( mostly humour fan service for FSN fans )

Sengoku Rance has an intentionally stupid and simple story, there's a lot of characters, each of them can be recruited in various ways to be a commander in army fights or fight alone in dungeons. There's not much to read in this game because its strong point is the gameplay, it's a very original and addicting gameplay and the difficulty is really well adjusted. However there's some rape in it, it's not a big flaw because of the humour and the personality of the main character, still it makes this game bad for women.
opening : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cF9BWk6noY

Muv Luv Alternative is very very long so only those who have a lot of free time can attempt to read it. It's the sequel of Muv Luv, a vn composed of two parts : Extra and Unlimited. Extra is a very long humour slice of life, similar to Urusei Yatsura but inferior, as many vns it offer some pointless choices to pick a girl. After reading it it's possible to start Unlimited, a short but very good SF-mecha story set in an alternative world. And after that it's possible to enjoy reading Muv Luv Alternative, a very long SF-mecha- apocalyptic survival horror, it doesn't leave any important choices to the player but the story is really captivating and very marking, maybe too much marking at times, like in an unexpected scene that is maybe the most offensive ever shown in animes and vns, or when disastershappen oe after another. It's the highest rated vn by critics and on vndb, it's a very good vn but I think that FSN is much better for its writing and accessibillity ( MLA is not 18+ for nothing )

For rpg I only played j-rpgs made before the new generation of consoles, that's still a lot of very good j-rpgs.
My favs are :
- Final Fantasy X and VI
- Tales of Symphonia
- Shin Megami Tensei main series, especially Nocturne
- Shin Megami Tensei Devil Digital Saga
- Xenogears ( similar and better than Evangelion, 1/3 vn because it was extremely ambitious )
- Suikoden II
- Okami ( adventure so a little offtopic but best game ever made )
shiranui51Jun 26, 2013 11:12 AM
Jun 26, 2013 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
I have yet to play a VN, but i have a list of JRPGs that I have played that might tickle your fancy:

-Chrono Trigger
-Final Fantasy 3,4,6,7,8,9,10,10-2,13,13-2 and Tactics
-Tales of Symphonia, The Abyss, and Graces f
-HyperDimension, Mk2, and Victory (Guilty Pleasure)
-Skies of Arcadia
-Solatorobo (Red The Hunter)
-The World Ends With You
-Persona 3 and 4
-Shin Megami Tensei I and II
-Valkyrie Profile I and II
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Wild Arms 3
-Grandia I and II
-Phantasy Star I, II and IV and Online I and II
-Xenogears
-Chrono Cross
-Megaman X Command Mission
-Breath of Fire 3 and 4
-.hack//INFECTION
-Fate/EXTRA
-BRS the Game (guilty pleasure)
-Megaman Battle Network Series
-Megaman Starforce Series
-Ys Seven
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Dragon Quest 8 and 9
-Star Ocean 1,3 and 4
-Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
-Paper Mario series
-Mario and Luigi series
-Pokemon
-Xenoblade

But BlazBlue had a VN kind of story mode, so does that count?
VentusCrossJun 26, 2013 11:35 AM
Jun 26, 2013 11:24 AM

Apr 2012
Considering we already have quite a few nominations, I'll nominate some myself.

JRPGs:

- Everything Persona except for P4 Arena.
- The main MegaTen series.
- The Xeno series.
- Tales of Symphonia, Abyss and Vesperia. Think of it as you will.
- Devil Survivor, Devil Summoner, Catherine (puzzle game, but part of MegaTen).

(I've yet to finish Devil Saga, I'll judge it later. Pretty sure I'll nominate them though)

VNs:
- ef a fairy tale of the two.
- Everything Type Moon
- Steins;Gate
- Chaos;Head
- Little Busters (yes, I just nominated a Key VN)
- Katawa Shojo
- 999 and Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward

These are the enlightening ones I have in mind if I do end up creating the list. Any other ideas or nominations?
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 26, 2013 11:26 AM

Nov 2011
We are not going to make a VN / JRPG enlightenment list. We have ENOUGH lists as it is. Please note that an Enlightenment Character list idea has been brought up several times and shot down every time.

If you would like to make your own club dedicated to Enlightening VNs and JRPGs, please do so, but trust the admins when we say we have enough work as it is.

Please do not create the list in this club.
Jun 26, 2013 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
VentusCross said:

But BlazBlue had a VN kind of story mode, so does that count?

If I do create the list, VNs and JRPGs will be on the same list. So no worries :D
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 26, 2013 11:28 AM

Apr 2012
Amberleh said:
We are not going to make a VN / JRPG enlightenment list. We have ENOUGH lists as it is. Please note that an Enlightenment Character list idea has been brought up several times and shot down every time.

If you would like to make your own club dedicated to Enlightening VNs and JRPGs, please do so, but trust the admins when we say we have enough work as it is.

Alright, will oblige. I would like to keep this thread up for being an appreciation thread, am I allowed to do that? As well as a source of reference for good recommendations.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 26, 2013 11:29 AM

Nov 2011
sushi55 said:
Amberleh said:

Alright, will oblige. I would like to keep this thread up for being an appreciation thread, am I allowed to do that? As well as a source of reference for good recommendations.

That is absolutely fine, I see no problems with that. =)
Jun 26, 2013 11:59 AM

Apr 2011
oh cool, a VN-related thread I found on a whim

I am vehemently opposed to Katawa Shoujo being considered "enlightening". I don't think it's necessarily bad, per se, but it's far too representative of the typical/generic elements of the medium to deserve its popularity. There are superior character-driven stories out there.

As for currently translated titles, my favorites are what I consider the best of what I've read so far:

1. Forest (a "visual novel"???)
2. Sekien no Inganock -What a Beautiful People- (the setting and overall style sucked me in)
3. CROSS†CHANNEL (needs a reread, but self-explanatory)
4. Muv-Luv Alternative (self-explanatory)
5. Symphonic Rain (a melancholic and character-focused Aria)
6. Tokyo Alice (I am a sucker for Wonderland stories)
7. Rewrite (KEY, but by Romeo)
8. Shikkoku no Sharnoth -What a Beautiful Tomorrow- (not as good as Inganock)

The short Nitro+ titles (Dra+Koi, Kikokugai, Hanachirasu, Saya no Uta, in that order) are also recommendable.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Jun 26, 2013 12:03 PM

Nov 2011
I'll chime in as well.

I played Katawa shoujo as well and while I have not played very many VNs at all (Katawa being the only regular harem one I have ever played), I can also say that it is not something anyone should ever call 'Enlightening'. It's boring and bland. It's the best of the VNs I've played, I will give you that, but considering my VN repitoure consists of Re:Alistar, Pirates in Love (which is hilariously great in all it's ridiculousness), and Jurrassic Heart... That isn't saying much.
Jun 26, 2013 12:14 PM

Apr 2012
Oh yeah there was Jurassic Heart. Damn, its horrible feeling knowing the only VNs I've read are Katawa and Jurassic Heart. lol Damn you Amber.
Jun 26, 2013 12:22 PM

Apr 2012
DrunkenBlowfish said:
Oh yeah there was Jurassic Heart. Damn, its horrible feeling knowing the only VNs I've read are Katawa and Jurassic Heart. lol Damn you Amber.

Do not mock Jurassic Heart. Best romance VN ever.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 26, 2013 12:30 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, this thread seems completely random. JRPGs and VNs have nothing in common. That's like creating a thread for books and board games.

Anyway, I've only fully read one VN, and that's Saya no Uta. I may be a bit biased since it's my first one, but I really liked it. I've read a bit of Little Busters and Fate Stay Night but never got to finish them as I'm lazy.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 26, 2013 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Wow, this thread seems completely random. JRPGs and VNs have nothing in common. That's like creating a thread for books and board games.

VNs and JRPGs share a similar style of storytelling, quite a few JRPGs can also be considered VNs. So no, they don't have "nothing in common".
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 26, 2013 12:49 PM

Apr 2012
sushi55 said:
ZetaZaku said:

VNs and JRPGs share a similar style of storytelling, quite a few JRPGs can also be considered VNs. So no, they don't have "nothing in common".

What JRPGs have you played where you fuck a blind chick?
Jun 26, 2013 1:02 PM

Apr 2012
DrunkenBlowfish said:
sushi55 said:
ZetaZaku said:

What JRPGs have you played where you fuck a blind chick?

...Dude, not all VNs involve screwing a blind chick.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 26, 2013 1:46 PM

Jun 2011
Cool thread Sushi! I like the idea of having a place similar to the film & literature discussion threads.

I don't really do video games/JRPGs, as I've mentioned to some of the club members before. However, I do enjoy VNs from time to time. I don't have an extensive list of one's that I've read (played?), but here they are.

>Saya no Uta
>Katawa Shoujo
>Yume Miru Kusuri
>Swan Song
>Kana ~Imouto~
>Forest

That list being in order of descending quality, with Saya no Uta being the best.
By the way, this is a great place to learn more about and discover some Visual Novels. - http://vndb.org/
Jun 26, 2013 2:32 PM

Nov 2009
Actually very happy about this thread, I just started trying out VN's and it is somewhat harder to get a grasp of "where to start" than manga/anime ... Anyways all I can contribute is that ...

A) JRPG's are somewhat similar to VN's, in fact some of the VN's I have been looking at trying out, like Kamidori or w/e, appear to be pretty much a JRPG (Minus the H-Scenes of course which I have heard there are quite a few of)

B) Currently playing Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo and is my first VN so can't really say that it is good or bad seeing as how I haven't seen anything else as of yet.
Jun 26, 2013 2:44 PM

May 2012
I loved Katawa Shoujo and also played Don't Take It Personally and a few crappy freeware otome games. How do you find the official VNs that are popular, like Saya no Uta which I really want to play and Fate/stay night? Do you have to buy the Japanese game and then download an English patch?
Jun 26, 2013 2:47 PM

Nov 2009
RarityRoyale said:
How do you find the official VNs that are popular, like Saya no Uta which I really want to play and Fate/stay night? Do you have to buy the Japanese game and then download an English patch?
http://fuwanovel.org/ --- What I used, though it is torrenting =/
Jun 26, 2013 2:54 PM

Jun 2011
RarityRoyale said:
I loved Katawa Shoujo and also played Don't Take It Personally and a few crappy freeware otome games. How do you find the official VNs that are popular, like Saya no Uta which I really want to play and Fate/stay night? Do you have to buy the Japanese game and then download an English patch?

Some VNs are sold here in the U.S. already translated. For instance I originally dowloaded Saya no Uta before it was available here, but then bought the physical copy off of Rightstuf once it was released. They have other VNs that are available there as well. They have Higurashi, and a decent amount of Adult VNs of varying quality. I don't know how well that would work for an Australian resident, but there's probably a similar store or service available over there.

Otherwise, I download the VNs that haven't been brought over here.
Jun 26, 2013 2:57 PM

Feb 2012
My extreme levels of lazyness are severely hindering my playthrough, but I'm gradually making my way through Shikkoku no Sharnoth, I'm finding it rather enjoyable, diging the steampunk theme. I plan on(eventually) getting around to reading saya no utau(because mister Gen)Rewrite, and the other Liar-soft VNs

As for JRPGs I must admit I have not played many, but Fire Emblem Awakening and Xenoblade are fucking brilliant, also playing Pandora's Tower ATM, ofc pokemon too.
My inability to find any of the .hack games is killing me, though
Jun 26, 2013 4:06 PM

Sep 2011
ZetaZaku said:
I agree with this. It's a little weird, but whatever. It's a place to discuss Japanese games. We don't need no stinking western games here.
Jun 26, 2013 4:23 PM

Aug 2009
My experience with VNs has pretty much been just Katawa Shoujo out of morbid curiosity. Immediately thought, "fuck this" and played something else. Guess they're not for me.

JRPGs, well alright then. I've played some. Including the obvious Final Fantasy and Pokemon games, some other JRPGs I've played include Kingdom Hearts, Xenosaga, Star Ocean 3, Wild Arms, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud 2 (or Dark Chronicle in some regions), Radiant Historia, Persona 3 and 4, the Souls games (although I really need to invest more time with these games), Dragon Quest VIII, The Legend of Dragoon, Tales of the Abyss, etc. etc. I've yet to play something from other series like Grandia or other Xeno games (gears, blade). Some of the more recent JRPGs are kinda crap/boring though, so it's hard for me to get into the genre these days.

Right now, I'm playing FFVI Advance, since I hear people talk great things about it.
Jun 26, 2013 5:05 PM

Nov 2009
Haakonwale said:
ZetaZaku said:
I agree with this. It's a little weird, but whatever. It's a place to discuss Japanese games. We don't need no stinking western games here.
You do realize that the difference between VN's and JRPG's in some cases is literally just whether they focus on Gameplay or Dialogue right? (I'm not saying that the majority of VN's are similar to JRPG's however saying the two have absolutely nothing in common ... I haven't even finished a single VN yet and I already know this is an uninformed statement.)

This is a pretty popular VN currently, Please explain to me how nothing is the same as a JRPG in this game.

Also argument is already flawed, VN and JRPG both have people so ...
Pirating_NinjaJun 26, 2013 5:10 PM
Jun 26, 2013 9:30 PM

Nov 2011
My favorite JRPG ever is still, to this day, Chrono Trigger. My other favorite is Suikoden III . Never played the other two Suikodens but damn do I love III.

I also love Radiant Historia, Sailor Moon: Another Story (IT'S ACTUALLY A GOOD GAME I SWEAR), Pokemon, and more I can't think of.

As for visual novels, I haven't played many so I guess my favorite is Pirates in Love because it's just so ridiculously girl and frivolous.
Jun 26, 2013 10:23 PM

Apr 2013
Amberleh said:
My favorite JRPG ever is still, to this day, Chrono Trigger. My other favorite is Suikoden III . Never played the other two Suikodens but damn do I love III.
Then you SHOULD play suikoden I and II.. Suikoden III deemed as the worst series of the franchise based on the gameplay (from the perspective of a gamer), and suikoden II has a more solid story/plot from my opinion..
Jun 27, 2013 2:55 AM

Mar 2012
I'm a huge fan of the Sono Hanabira franchise and have played a little bit of Clannad, Kanon and Fate/stay Night. I also really want to play Saya no Uta in the near future.
Jun 27, 2013 2:59 AM
Mar 2011
doraemon1992 said:
Amberleh said:
Then you SHOULD play suikoden I and II.. Suikoden III deemed as the worst series of the franchise based on the gameplay (from the perspective of a gamer), and suikoden II has a more solid story/plot from my opinion..

even better find translation of . Suikoden tactics [ iv Played it its one of the Best TRPGs ever made ] yes better than Ogre battle FE SnK and FFT
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 27, 2013 3:19 AM

Jan 2013
argh I sold my ps2 before I could buy suikoden tactics, maybe later with pcsx2...
I played Kamidori Alchemy Meister this year, there's nice ideas for this game and some good levels but the gameplay is very repetitive, too much grinding is necessary and the girls are extremely stupid, the main character pretend he love one of the three girls and finish the story by being married with her but to recruit some characters or advance side stories he have sex with these character, and as the player is forced to recruit all characters to do the hardest dungeons, the player is forced to make the main character have a relationship with all girls, even the rape in Sengoku Rance is less annoying than this, at least the stupidity in Rance series is intentional...
I Forgot to mention Kingdom Heart II, Grandia and Chrono Trigger/Cross among my favourites J-RPG
shiranui51Jun 27, 2013 3:29 AM
Jun 27, 2013 3:47 AM

Apr 2012
Has no one mentioned .hack yet?
Jun 27, 2013 3:56 AM
Mar 2011
Daitenkoku
must p;ay game by Alice
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 27, 2013 4:08 AM

Jan 2013
DateYutaka said:
Daitenkoku
must p;ay game by Alice

only for those who understand japanese, most ( and me ) don't on MyAnimeList
Jun 27, 2013 4:11 AM
Mar 2011
shiranui51 said:
DateYutaka said:
Daitenkoku
must p;ay game by Alice

only for those who understand japanese, most ( and me ) don't on MyAnimeList

its yje only Dai game with and eng translation at over 90% of completion so its Playable in English

Jun 27, 2013 4:14 AM
Mar 2011
shiranui51 said:
argh I sold my ps2 before I could buy suikoden tactics, maybe later with pcsx2...
I played Kamidori Alchemy Meister this year, there's nice ideas for this game and some good levels but the gameplay is very repetitive, too much grinding is necessary and the girls are extremely stupid, the main character pretend he love one of the three girls and finish the story by being married with her but to recruit some characters or advance side stories he have sex with these character, and as the player is forced to recruit all characters to do the hardest dungeons, the player is forced to make the main character have a relationship with all girls, even the rape in Sengoku Rance is less annoying than this, at least the stupidity in Rance series is intentional...
I Forgot to mention Kingdom Heart II, Grandia and Chrono Trigger/Cross among my favourites J-RPG

Sengoku Rance is the wosrt in The Franchise why do Translator do that When thay Know Rance II to be the best in the Franchise yes i like sengoku rance but its poor in Comparison to older games in its style and or Franchise

Jun 27, 2013 4:20 AM

Nov 2011
doraemon1992 said:
Amberleh said:

People keep saying that but reviews state otherwise. Also, while I can watch old anime, I can't play older games now.

AND, on top of that, I don't have the money to shell out for 1 and 2.
Jun 27, 2013 4:27 AM
Mar 2011
Amberleh said:
doraemon1992 said:
Amberleh said:

People keep saying that but reviews state otherwise. Also, while I can watch old anime, I can't play older games now.
what about 15 Dollars each max

Jun 27, 2013 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
There's a few jrpgs on steam if anyone's interested (even though steam's not a good system for the genre)

The Ys games
Half Minute Hero
Cthulu Saves the World
Recettear

My main favorite series of all time is the Legend of Heroes series, which unfortunately only has one game localized for the psp. The world-building is amazingly grandiose in rich detail, almost everything ranging from the npc's and main characters play role in the story . Further details can be read here.

DateYutaka said:
Daitenkoku
must p;ay game by Alice

daibancho>>>>>daiteikoku

ugh I'm not gonna get started just how poorly implemented that game is. Basically the outcome of the battle is always dependent on how prepared you are and does not take account your actual raw skills. Also it has a horrible horrible starting point where it limits which factions to attack, in sengoku rance for example you can start attacking any other surrounding factions whereas daitekoku it's always the same first few factions before you can start to take a different path. Not a recommend game, besides it's still in the process of translation.

Pirating_Ninja said:
Haakonwale said:
ZetaZaku said:

You do realize that the difference between VN's and JRPG's in some cases is literally just whether they focus on Gameplay or Dialogue right? (I'm not saying that the majority of VN's are similar to JRPG's however saying the two have absolutely nothing in common ... I haven't even finished a single VN yet and I already know this is an uninformed statement.)

This is a pretty popular VN currently, Please explain to me how nothing is the same as a JRPG in this game.

Also argument is already flawed, VN and JRPG both have people so ...

Biggest difference between jrpg and visual novel, the keyword being visual novel. Just like a novel, it needs to have at least a 1st person or a 3rd person narrative to qualify, so that means if there is cg scenes, adv style dialogues (the one with the text boxes on the bottom), but does not have any form of narrative (Examples include describing visuals, events, character actions or thoughts.) in the inclusion, then it is not a visual novel. In a sense, Blazblue having first person narration in the plot exposition is closer to a visual novel than Persona 3/4 ever is.
removed-userJun 27, 2013 4:32 AM
Jun 27, 2013 4:33 AM

Nov 2011
DateYutaka said:
Amberleh said:
doraemon1992 said:
Amberleh said:

Date I don't speak Japanese AND I don't have a PSP. You're referring to the PSP versions of the games which are Japan only.

The US only has the PS1 versions which are around 100 bucks each and have been that way for years.
Jun 27, 2013 4:38 AM
Mar 2011
Amberleh said:
DateYutaka said:
Amberleh said:
doraemon1992 said:
Amberleh said:

Date I don't speak Japanese AND I don't have a PSP. You're referring to the PSP versions of the games which are Japan only.

The US only has the PS1 versions which are around 100 bucks each and have been that way for years.

Get the Jp PS1 version and install a Translation patch your self that Franchsie is very Poular here the most you pay for a game very most is around 40 [ for [SE Version [ dollars ]

ypu can itstall a Tralation Patch to the JP disk can you not

Jun 27, 2013 4:46 AM

Nov 2011
DateYutaka said:
Amberleh said:
DateYutaka said:
Amberleh said:
doraemon1992 said:
Amberleh said:

Get the Jp PS1 version and install a Translation patch your self that Franchsie is very Poular here the most you pay for a game very most is around 40 [ for [SE Version [ dollars ]

ypu can itstall a Tralation Patch to the JP disk can you not

On a playstation? Uhh yeahno. I don't have a PS3, just a PS2. Pretty sure you can't download a translation pack on a PS2.

But it's still too old for me to go back and play. I rarely play video games now so getting me to play something with older graphics is next to impossible. =/ If I played video games as avidly as I used to I'm sure I would, but I'm just not really a gamer anymore.
Jun 27, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2012
Curiosity for all you MegaTen fans out there, but what alignment do you usually support?
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 27, 2013 8:07 AM
Mar 2011
sushi55 said:
Curiosity for all you MegaTen fans out there, but what alignment do you usually support?

how many here have played enough real Megaten to know the franchise minus me
Persona is not a main line game

the mian line has 8 Games
Digtal devi Monogatari Megami Tensei
Digtal devi Monogatari Megami Tensei II[ one of the most loved Non Square or enix RPGs ever In Japan only beten by Far east of Eden II Manjimaru]
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei II
Shin Megami Tensei If
Shin Megami Tensei III
Shin Megami Tensei IV

that is all all other are Spin off some good some bad and some odd

the best games of the PS2 era were Avatar Tuner I and II

Jun 27, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2011
Burningblade04 said:
Recettear
Oh, oh, I've played this. It's pretty boring. Did you recommend it or just mentioned it's existence?
Jun 27, 2013 8:35 AM

Apr 2012
DateYutaka said:
sushi55 said:

Digtal devi Monogatari Megami Tensei II[ one of the most loved Non Square or enix RPGs ever In Japan only beten by Far east of Eden II Manjimaru]
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei II
Shin Megami Tensei If
Shin Megami Tensei III
Shin Megami Tensei IV

I played the original MegaTen, no worries.
Persona is still my favorite sub-series though.
Are you Chaos bro?
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 27, 2013 8:47 AM
Mar 2011
sushi55 said:
DateYutaka said:
sushi55 said:

Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei II
Shin Megami Tensei If
Shin Megami Tensei III
Shin Megami Tensei IV

I played the original MegaTen, no worries.
Persona is still my favorite sub-series though.
Are you Chaos bro?

yep
my fave Sub Sries is Majin Tensei fllowed By Last Bible ten Devil Kids then Devil Summoner then Persona [ i onlylike " from the Persona Franchise]

Jun 27, 2013 8:52 AM

Dec 2012
sushi55 said:

I tend to go towards Law due to me being a goody two-shoes.

But I go for Neutral if I can.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.