Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 16, 2007 10:33 PM

Aug 2007
Just came to me i've notice that alot of the cosplayers are mostly girls and that are really good i've seen a couple of girls too but i want to make sure for good which one is better tell me know people ^-^;

If you have a pictures to prove it more power/fun to you!?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 16, 2007 10:38 PM

Jul 2007
I love it when guys cosplay.
Guys are usually WAY good at it, especially if they put alot of time into their costume.
Girls cosplay alot cause they have the artsy craft womanly factor on their side, but there are some characters that girls just cant pull off, and thats where guys with FABULOUS costumes come in and steal the spotlight!

Oct 16, 2007 11:19 PM

May 2007
i love to cosplay. and im a guy.

all it really takes is a little acting skill, and a good sewing machine

Oct 17, 2007 6:29 AM

Aug 2007
Ammy said:
Guys are usually WAY good at it, especially if they put alot of time into their costume.
Girls cosplay alot cause they have the artsy craft womanly factor on their side, but there are some characters that girls just cant pull off, and thats where guys with FABULOUS costumes come in and steal the spotlight!

i remeber that at some of the cons i went too ^-^
Oct 17, 2007 6:30 AM

Aug 2007
Cloudrayne said:
i love to cosplay. and im a guy.

all it really takes is a little acting skill, and a good sewing machine

ya i havin a pain makein mine i have 2months before the con starts lmao >-<; grrr sewing is not one of my good points. Just wondering did you cosplay hallow ichgo lmao!?!?
Oct 17, 2007 6:54 AM

Sep 2007
hmm if i have to choose which one i want to see in cossplay i think its obviously XD
since i am a guyXD
imo girls can attract me more
so i voted that girls are better in cosplaying ^^
Oct 17, 2007 9:47 PM

Jun 2007
I think gender has nothing to do with being a good cosplayer ._. As long as you put in the effort to research on the character, make the costume, props, wig/hairdo, you can be a good cosplayer whether you are a guy or girl.
Oct 23, 2007 9:45 PM

Aug 2007
raindr0ps said:
I think gender has nothing to do with being a good cosplayer ._. As long as you put in the effort to research on the character, make the costume, props, wig/hairdo, you can be a good cosplayer whether you are a guy or girl.

Ya it just have to show how well you do on it xP. but i find it that girls do better at times cause they like dressing up lmao!
Oct 23, 2007 11:18 PM

Aug 2007
The best cosplayer I have seen so far was a girl, but there are lots of really good guys too.
Oct 27, 2007 8:09 AM

Aug 2007
ender650 said:
The best cosplayer I have seen so far was a girl, but there are lots of really good guys too.

Ya just very few .T-T.
Oct 27, 2007 8:24 AM
Oct 2007
I've seen to many cosplays which makes my eyes bleed...
Oct 27, 2007 10:17 AM

Aug 2007
mickal555 said:
I've seen to many cosplays which makes my eyes bleed...

Yes i noe T-T
Oct 29, 2007 1:20 PM

Mar 2005
just noticed this thread, doesn't need to be in spam heh

*moves to anime discussion*
Oct 29, 2007 1:34 PM

Nov 2004
The only reason why you would think females make better cosplayers is because almost all female anime characters are thin and slender (note I said almost, there are fat / muscular characters out there) and a lot of male ones are also thin and slender (and too feminine). So thus, they are often better off portrayed by women still. But yeah, plenty of guys can cosplay just as good.

I just noticed the dates. No wonder I never saw this thread. It was in spam. Hahaha.
Oct 30, 2007 5:24 AM

Aug 2007
Girls are better at cosplaying!!!

Oct 30, 2007 6:34 AM

Aug 2007
I'm no expert on cosplaying, but from what I've seen, girls and guys are both very good at it! I'm very disappointed that I've never seen a guy cosplaying as Shinji from NGE :(
Oct 30, 2007 7:56 AM
Jun 2007
it depends on the character and how well the costume is made
but im still going with girls :)
Oct 30, 2007 9:59 AM

Oct 2006
I dunno, I attend Sakura-con in Seattle every year, and the ratio of male to female cosplayers seems to be pretty close. And despite the fact that females are supposed to be more 'artsy', I've seen a ton of GENIUS costumes that are more built than sewn on men. ^_^ There's always at least one gundam, and someone cosplayed the Rahxephon mecha last year! It was awesome!

As for Shinji cosplay, I always see several guys cosplaying him. The problem with Shinji is that no one does the plug suit, and the school uniform isn't easily recognized unless you're in an NGE group. ^.~
Oct 30, 2007 11:13 AM

Sep 2007
I'd say both! i've seen pretty good of both soo..

I claimed Kasumi (Misty) (by Vertago)

(made by AngelLily)
Oct 30, 2007 11:52 AM

Aug 2007
Ammy said:

Indeed, I agree with you
Oct 30, 2007 11:58 AM

Aug 2006
lol, I don't cosplay, in fact, I don't really even understand it's appeal. That being said....who cares. @_@
Oct 30, 2007 11:44 PM

Oct 2007
I dont know of many dark skinned male chars that are in animes i was just curious if you guys know of any?
Oct 31, 2007 1:58 AM

Oct 2007
Me beeing a guy i've pulled my hair alot of times when i want to cosplay just because girl charackters are the only one who have cool costumes.

I really wish I were a girl sometimes because of it. Though it's really funny to cosplay when i can make appropriate costumes.

My dear weak spacenoids. THAT LEVEL OF LOVE CAN'T BREAK MY BODY OF STEEL!
Oct 31, 2007 3:48 AM

Oct 2007
It's for both!
Though it scares me a bit when females are my favourite male characters. They're supposed to be guys I fantasize about and I don't want them to be girls in the reality... gah xD
Oct 31, 2007 3:57 AM

Nov 2004
nodoka-koi said:
Me beeing a guy i've pulled my hair alot of times when i want to cosplay just because girl charackters are the only one who have cool costumes.

I really wish I were a girl sometimes because of it. Though it's really funny to cosplay when i can make appropriate costumes.

Really? That's funny. Every character I want to cosplay are guys. Hahaha.
Oct 31, 2007 6:53 AM

Oct 2007
i love it when guys cosplay as well. at animenext there as a hispanic guy who cosplayed as cloud, and he as SUCH a good cloud. he had the outfit done PERFECTLY. (he was also really good at manhunt haha)

in general i guess i tend to be more impressed by just awesome cosplays in general. its just more rare to find an awesome guy cosplay, and somewhat easier to find an awesome girl cosplay.
Nov 12, 2007 1:54 PM

Nov 2007
Sometimes a guy can get away with cosplaying a girl but it's rather scary when he doesn't shave.
Nov 13, 2007 5:15 AM

Jun 2007
Both. Girls cosplay while the guys take pictures of them. XD

Both are fine, as long as the guys leave the crossdressing to the girls. I saw a lot of guys cosplaying as girl characters, and it's not pretty.
^_^
Nov 20, 2007 8:20 PM

Sep 2007
Gender doesn't really matter in cosplay to me, as long as it looks good. My kind of cosplay gender isn't really a big issue, See below

Nov 20, 2007 11:38 PM

Nov 2007
^Agreed. There are some amazing guy cosplayers, and some amazing girl cosplayers. So gender doesn't count.

Nov 21, 2007 2:20 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah Awesome picture. i think cosplay i wicked cool but its a hefty responsibility.

i think girls are more fetishized thats why it has a bad rep. if your a guy you get girls exited.

i dont know haven't been to alot of conventions but cute girls dressed as princess tutu defiantly get my vote but people dressed as GUYVER!!! and others cool too. not alot of characters like that for girls except maybe Genocyber but that character is way PSYCHO.

PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE CHARACTER!!!!
Nov 21, 2007 3:50 PM

Sep 2007
Actually by gender doesn't matter I was referring to that even Girls still can play the part of a guy character and make it look good

I also have a female Dekamaster/SPD Shadow Ranger girl (the guy in my previous post on the right side), the armor is made by the same guy (AnxJapan on Ebay, Aniki and Aniking elsewhere) so you can't really tell its a girl inside.

Actually the pic in my previous post wasn't really meant for cosplay, just Aniki was advertising some of his recently completed suits (the Dekamaster was just updated to be more show accurate).

Those suits are EXPENSIVE btw, just for a standard Ranger suit by Aniki it could cost up to $550, and its not even show accurate (Show accuracy usually breaks the $1,200 mark). The suit could cost about $150-250 just for lycra spandex, a Rider suit would cost more due to the Armor, lamb skin gloves cost about $120, same goes for the boots. The helmet could range from $200 to $550 depending on type/accuracy/maker, all the little extras (Belt, Weapons, Shield, Glove wraps) could total up to $170-$200.

Nov 21, 2007 4:07 PM

Nov 2007
can you give me his web address and how much it would cost to make a GUYVER!!! suit i did start but it was just overwhelming the set up costs just to make molds big enough are phenomenal.
Nov 21, 2007 5:38 PM

Sep 2007
shinkoukistar said:
can you give me his web address and how much it would cost to make a GUYVER!!! suit i did start but it was just overwhelming the set up costs just to make molds big enough are phenomenal.

He doesn't make Guyver yet, currently he is busy with MMPR Black Ranger/Mammoth Ranger, Shurikenger/Green Samurai Ranger, and GekiViolet. However theres plenty of Guyver suit creators on ebay, since its a rather common for full suit creators. Besides it'll probably cost around $1500.

Aniki just started his website, he used to use Ebay under the name AnxJapan, but paypal went retarded and blocked him from his own account for a stupid reason, afterwards he just sold his suits on Rangerboard. His site is actually pretty damn empty as of right now, he's missing alot of pics for suits he already took pics of on his site.

http://www.herocosplay.com/index.php

Nov 22, 2007 5:40 AM
Nov 2007
Cosplay has nothing to with gender at all. I cosplay and im a guy my bestfriend cosplays and shes pretty good at it.
Dec 14, 2007 5:34 AM

Dec 2007
both, a boy can be better then a girls and a girl can be better then a boy and both can be equal
Dec 14, 2007 6:49 AM

May 2007
You know I really can't say some are better then others. Because I've been to conventions where the costumes are just FANTASTIC, and usually they're of both genders. Though I have seen more fantastic costumes on girls, but I think that's just because a lot of the guys at the convention I went to were lazy.

I myself have cosplayed several times, okay three but I haven't been to that many conventions. I got no complaints but then again I put a little effort into my costume... And I had a sign on the back that said "Will Yaoi for fangirls who glomp" .... So I suppose I can't really be sure :P
I hate World of Warcraft

Dec 14, 2007 1:06 PM

Oct 2007
anyone can cosplay, it just happens that a chuck of male characters in animes are somewhat feminine looking, and itd be easier to pull off if you are a girl.
Dec 14, 2007 2:36 PM
Nov 2007
Cosplaying is for people who look like the characters they are supposed to look like lol. So yeah as always just do what you like.(although i like girls more since they are generally better dressed in anime :P)
Dec 15, 2007 4:55 PM

Dec 2007
Both are equally good. It's just a matter of acting and decent clothes. 'Nuff said.
Dec 16, 2007 10:00 AM

Jul 2007
I enjoy seeing more male coslayers just because there is usually an overwhelming majority of girls doing it @.@ but i have seen amazing costumes pulled off from either one

although girls usually do a better job of crossplaying ~ so my statistics could be wrong XD
Dec 16, 2007 10:47 AM
Nov 2007
Errr... I'd say neither. But if I had to choose I'd (obviously) say females.

However, I really cannot see why anyone would want to cosplay.
Dec 17, 2007 8:20 AM

Nov 2007
Girls are better at it.But guys are ok too.As long as they do the same gender.

Kittens..arrr!
Dec 17, 2007 4:34 PM

Nov 2007
I think that it is more common to see female than male cosplayers because sewing is typically thought of as a feminine hobby. I remember Cosplay.com's male members mentioning that they often receive strange looks when they are in fabric stores before even bringing up that their project is cosplay. It's a rather unfair thing because I would personally enjoy seeing more male cosplayers.

Skill is an individual ability and it has nothing to do with gender, or race, for that matter.
Dec 17, 2007 6:15 PM

Nov 2007
girls look better than boys when cosplaying but it is for both of them.
Dec 18, 2007 6:48 AM
Apr 2007
It doesn't matter. At all. Both genders can cosplay AND crossplay just as well. Sure, there are exceptions, but as long as the cosplayer in question does it with enthusiasm and makes sure that his or her cosplay is correct, it shouldn't have to matter what gender you are.

I'm a guy, I've cosplayed...quite a few characters before, including one half-crossplay (Tohru Kouno from Princess Princess, I was in a dress, but my character is still male. XD)

And if you *points at the user reading this* are thinking about cosplaying (or crossplaying), give it a shot! You never know how you look until you've tried it! ^____^
Dec 18, 2007 6:20 PM

Nov 2007
either. girls just look better cosplaying female characters imo
Dec 19, 2007 4:15 AM

Nov 2007
i cosplay from time to time mosty ones that take not too much effort,eg laguna,sqaull,irvine,various zoid chars my dream is to cosplay of gattsu

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Dec 20, 2007 5:55 PM

Sep 2007
Absurdia said:
Girls are better at it.But guys are ok too.As long as they do the same gender.

Girls are better at cosplay? It depends on the person not the gender little kid, In reality there are much more horrible female cosplays than male, yet there are a lot of great female cosplayers at the same time. Should I bring up examples of the thousands of horrible female cosplayers?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 11 hours ago

24 by ArpitPatel »»
2 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

64 by downymaiden »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - Apr 26

27 by Serafos »»
7 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 5 hours ago

24 by mshfqtny »»
8 minutes ago

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing?

APolygons2 - 35 minutes ago

10 by APolygons2 »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.