Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 12, 2013 12:30 PM

Sep 2011
3nvy said:
Op. Your acquaintance is a cunt. Lots of chicks like yosuga no sora. Watch what you want to watch. And tell her to fuck herself.
He said it best.

Your friend is probably watching Boku no Pico right now, so tell her to screw off.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Jun 12, 2013 1:02 PM

Jun 2009
I think what really annoys me about the OP's acquaintances is the notion that a specific gender has to watch a certain type of show. As a guy who tries to watch pretty much any demographic if the series in question interests me, I just don't see the point in limiting yourself in that way. Overall, the friend or whatever seems way too judgmental and hypocritical to be someone I'd hang out with.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 12, 2013 1:28 PM
Dec 2012
Joyce_Steele said:
Until recently a young woman, let's say she's an acquaintance of mine who also an anime fan like me check my MAL account to see my list. It didn't went well.

Her first reaction is "WTF! Yosuga no Sora as profile pic?". I replied to her that is nothing wrong with it since I'm a big fan of that show. "That's not right, that show is meant to be seen by dirty old men and you're not a dirty old man. You're a nice young lady." I said to her lots of romantic novel(that she loves) had similar elements too and so I still can't see anything wrong wit it. "Why not change it into something more female-friendly, like a topless bishie or better, two topless bishies embracing each other". I said no thanks I never interested with that despite being a straight woman myself. Not all women find (fake) gays sexy and I'm not homophobic.

And then the list itself and it is getting worse. "Lucky Star? K-On? Yuri Yuri?" All of these are dirty old men's shows and why do the hell it got into your list? Are you out of your mind?". I said she may right about their true marketing audiences but that didn't stop me from enjoying those. I love cute stuffs and when I was a kid i used to love Care Bears and My Little Pony. More importantly these are good alternative to tear-jerking shoujos(which she loves) because girls in the shows are never looking for a boyfriend and let alone romance. It is true their "boyfriends" are the ones sitting on the other side of the screen but that didn't stop a woman like myself from enjoying it.

It's getting worse when she saw Hanasaku Iroha in the list. "Hanasaku Iroha, I'm running out of words but that show is a disgrace to all romance shows. First of all none of the male characters are likable and there's barely romance in it but why most people can't shut up to it is a good show while it isn't". I said Hanasaku Iroha is for men, just like moe shows you just mentioned earlier, it had very few or no male characters at all. What makes HI interesting for me it is like a shoujo show but 90% cliche of the shoujo shows like unsympathetic heroine and unlikeable supporting female characters and of course it came with price too, just like you said most male characters are sacrificed in order to make better female ones. Since it was meant to be seen by men(and a woman like myself) so it's no big deal.

Actually she said lots of bad things to my favorite shows(maybe just because those shows aren't shoujo or josei to begin with) but she may a good point. Maybe I should stop becoming a "dirty old man" and watch something that really fits to my gender or stay as it is while avoiding good shoujo and yaoi shows just because they didn't fit to my taste.

Boys are welcomed too but I put the posts from female ones since I need their view of me and that "acquaintance".

You don't have to be a girl to tell you have absolutely shit taste. Your friend is right, you are wrong. You know that and came here seeking approval of what you do.

However, Yaoi is pretty garbage too and a girl definitely shouldn't be watching it. Before you watch anime think about this:

"Would my parents approve of what I'm about to watch?"

If the answer is "No", don't watch it.
Jun 12, 2013 1:30 PM

Oct 2012
Not_Biased said:

However, Yaoi is pretty garbage too and a girl definitely shouldn't be watching it. Before you watch anime think about this:

So did you ask permission from your parents to watch Naruto?

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 12, 2013 1:31 PM
May 2012
Tavor said:
Not_Biased said:

lol
Jun 12, 2013 1:31 PM

Sep 2012
Not_Biased said:
However, Yaoi is pretty garbage too and a girl definitely shouldn't be watching it.
I wonder. What experience watching yaoi do you have?

And I don't think you properly read her post...

Tavor said:
Lmfao

I doubt they would approve of Highschool DxD...
Jun 12, 2013 1:32 PM

Nov 2012
Tavor said:
Not_Biased said:

He did. His parents liked the Sasuke x Naruto yaoi.
Jun 12, 2013 3:10 PM

Jan 2012
rofl girls
watch whatever the heck you want
Jun 12, 2013 10:45 PM

Feb 2013
It looks like you and your friend have completely different and incompatible taste in anime. Just ignore her and watch whatever you want to watch. It's only a hobby after all.

And if your not watching moe animes to oogle the female characters, then you aren't a dirty old man.
Jun 12, 2013 10:57 PM

Jan 2013
OP, it's best if you just ignore her juvenile tripe.

Nothing wrong with liking K-on or Lucky Star.

I'm a fan of both myself, yet I am not fond of either show due to some unsavory fetishes. I merely like them because they're fun, amusing, and relaxing. That's really all there is to it.

Yeah, sure, there are creeps out there who stroke their meat sticks or massage their clits to K-on and Lucky Star characters. But that's just an example of some terrible members of the fandom, not the actual content of the show itself.
Salmon is delicious.
Jun 12, 2013 11:44 PM

Jun 2011
Don't listen to what she said, it's your opinion and your taste. Who gives a crap if she doesn't like?
Jun 13, 2013 2:45 AM

Jun 2012
Joyce_Steele said:
I believe bishie-loving straight male otakus exist, just they never revealed themselves as they afraid most other men would hate them.

Yeah I wouldn't call myself an otaku, but as a straight male I prefer bishies to RAWR MANLY MEN MANLINESS RAWR!!! I just think they look better. (And maybe I associate with them a little, I'm sure as hell closer to being a bishie than I am to being ripped).
Jun 13, 2013 3:13 AM

Dec 2007
RandomPerson3 said:
Tavor said:
Not_Biased said:

He did. His parents liked the Sasuke x Naruto yaoi.
Oh this is golden.

OP, it's ok. Your taste is not shit. Your acquaintance is shit.
Jun 13, 2013 3:48 AM

Aug 2011
No. You don 't. i also read/watch ecchi anime/novel while reading my shoujo manga.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Jun 13, 2013 3:57 AM

Nov 2011
Ivery learned to not give a shit what others think. I watch what I like even though people criticize me for the anime I watch and manga I read usually when I check out the stuff they like it bores the hell out of me.
Jun 13, 2013 4:30 AM

Mar 2012
Guy response, so take it how you will, but I am an older guy so these are my thoughts.

The first being is what BlackSabotage said. Don't give a shit about what anyone says about your "tastes." I fucking hate people that tell other people they have bad taste in anime. The reason being is everyone's reason for watching anime is different than others.

To me, the only time you can really apply the "bad taste in anime" subject is if you say a certain series is better than another and then give off-base reasons. You can say you "like" a bad anime, but don't call it "better" than an anime that is actually better than the series you like (if that makes any sense).

I'd tell your friend, "look, these are my tastes in anime. You don't have to like them, but at least respect them. I'm not going to go through your list and rip every bad anime you like so I'd appreciate it if you didn't do it to mine."

Simple as that.
Jun 13, 2013 4:32 AM

Aug 2011
As a girl,

I think your taste is normal.
I do read some ecchi shows and love it.
Continue to do the same.

For example, I like Oreshura and my favourite character is Ai Fuyuumi instead of some bishie. Because I wish I have a friend as adorable as her.

Btw, I was asked by someone whom I never talk before whether Im a lesbian on this forum. I can understand why your acquaintance told you that.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Jun 13, 2013 4:57 AM

Oct 2012
my favourite shows are male-targeted except Ouran and UtaPri (the latter is a guilty pleasure though), so I must be a young man then?

There are "hentai for girls" that are just the same as for men, maybe just with extra bishies or whatever.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jun 13, 2013 5:07 AM

Mar 2012
I don't think your taste in anime is that great apart from Clannad and Azumanga Daioh, Ranma 1/2 you haven't watched any classics or any anime with complex plots, and you have really only watch Slice of Life. Personally I try to watch as large of range of genre's as possible.
At the end of the day though no matter what anyone thinks, just watch what you want to watch, even if its all just slice of life.
Jun 13, 2013 5:13 AM

Jan 2013
Yes, yes it is. Worse than I expected tbh.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jun 13, 2013 5:35 AM

Nov 2010
MajinSaga said:

Look a troll!

By the way I know this one will draw lots of bad attention but I really serious about it. Most people I met gave bad impression to me just because I like moe shows better than shoujo romance and yaoi shows which supposed to be enjoyed by someone like me. I believe that my "acquaintance" was the nicest people who can say about my taste. My parents are even worse as they actually try to remove my DVD collection just because I still watching cartoons despite already an adult. This is why I can't go to most anime conventions despite really wanted to. I know people will treat me bad for not liking shoujo and yaoi shows.

I know there are lots of moe haters out there but calling me "dirty old man" is just too far.
Jun 13, 2013 5:39 AM

Oct 2010
Joyce_Steele said:
MajinSaga said:

Look a troll!

By the way I know this one will draw lots of bad attention but I really serious about it. Most people I met gave bad impression to me just because I like moe shows better than shoujo romance and yaoi shows which supposed to be enjoyed by someone like me. I believe that my "acquaintance" was the nicest people who can say about my taste. My parents are even worse as they actually try to remove my DVD collection just because I still watching cartoons despite already an adult. This is why I can't go to most anime conventions despite really wanted to. I know people will treat me bad for not liking shoujo and yaoi shows.

I know there are lots of moe haters out there but calling me "dirty old man" is just too far.

Slap them for me.
Jun 13, 2013 5:40 AM

Jan 2008
Post your friend's account and let us judge her taste.
Jun 13, 2013 5:45 AM

Oct 2012
Paul said:

lupadim
Jun 13, 2013 5:46 AM

Jan 2013
Joyce_Steele said:
MajinSaga said:

Look a troll!

Hey you asked for an opinion. And your taste is pretty crappy.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jun 13, 2013 5:59 AM

Oct 2011
natssuu said:
Paul said:

lupadim

I can't judge him. He gave Monster a 9, that's okay in my book.
Jun 13, 2013 7:46 AM

Jan 2013
MajinSaga said:
Joyce_Steele said:
MajinSaga said:

Look a troll!

I recognize your name from another forum, dude.

Give it a rest already.
Salmon is delicious.
Jun 13, 2013 7:51 AM

Mar 2012
Exaccus said:
MajinSaga said:
Joyce_Steele said:
MajinSaga said:

Look a troll!

Give it a rest already.

It's his opinion, its not trolling. OP thread ask for opinion on taste, you can't complain when someone says he thinks your taste is bad. You just agree to disagree. OP has only watched mainly slice of life shows with only really Clannad and Azumanga Daioh of any note, its fair to say she doesn't have at least a varied taste
Jun 13, 2013 8:00 AM

Jan 2013
ElPysCongroo said:
Exaccus said:
MajinSaga said:
Joyce_Steele said:
MajinSaga said:

Look a troll!

Give it a rest already.

It's his opinion, its not trolling. OP thread ask for opinion on taste, you can't complain when someone says he thinks your taste is bad. You just agree to disagree. OP has only watched mainly slice of life shows with only really Clannad and Azumanga Daioh of any note, its fair to say she doesn't have at least a varied taste

His comments aren't conducive to a productive conversation, especially when the OP is clearly upset about what happened to her.
Salmon is delicious.
Jun 13, 2013 8:16 AM

Jun 2012
Paul said:
I bet she has Kuroku no Basket as a favorite and rated Boku no Pico a 10/10.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 13, 2013 8:21 AM

Jan 2013
You can like whatever you want, your gender or age shouldn't matter. For example, I'm a girl and I love shonen.
Please understand.
Jun 13, 2013 8:35 AM

May 2013
Is good animu 2deep4u?
Jun 13, 2013 8:41 AM

Mar 2013
I didn't read the OP, I'm nor a girl, but I can tell you this.

You have crap tastes.
Jun 13, 2013 8:44 AM

Aug 2012
He gave Inuyasha a 8 -_-
Jun 13, 2013 8:55 AM

Aug 2008
Speaking objectively and completely separating my own feelings from this discussion, there is neither anyone in the world that has the authority to moderate or judge your opinions, nor do you have the authority to do so to anyone else.

There can never be a right or wrong in regard to opinions because opinions are not concepts defined by such parameters. Opinions are explainable as residual inclinations that occur as a result of both real-world and imagined experiences, and they will also differ as such.

Just because you experienced a different timeline of events that left you inclined to prefer one thing over another, you aren't right or wrong. You are only yourself.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Jun 13, 2013 9:25 AM

Apr 2013
Since you asked,I don't think either you or your friend have good taste,but I'm sure a lot of people would say the same about me,so it's really pointless to worry about what other people think,you should just continue to watch what you like.
Also I don't understand why some people think that all females have to like/be interested in Yaoi ,that's just .___.
Jun 13, 2013 9:30 AM

May 2013
Chakaara said:
I didn't read the OP, I'm nor a girl, but I can tell you this.

You have crap tastes.

So do you.
Jun 13, 2013 9:51 AM

Aug 2010
because of this post I now think that there should be something wrong with my taste, while I never thought about that.

I'm a girl, I like Hanasaku Iroha and Yosuga no Sora, ofcourse I also like the typicial shoujo genre and some yaoi is fine with me.

so now I'm an old man? No. Hanasaku Iroha is also for girls. I don't know if your friend has watched it, or if she only listened to others, but it is also slice of life, the comedy in it is fun, you can relate as a girl to the other girls (for me, this makes it more of a girl show for me).

You aren't an old pervert man. You are just you and probably more girly than you friend.
Jun 13, 2013 9:52 AM

May 2013
Houndthree said:
yes

I can honestly say that you sir have very VERY VERY poor taste.
Jun 13, 2013 9:58 AM
Feb 2012
Leapling said:
Is good animu 2deep4u?

it r suppose 2 b that
Jun 13, 2013 10:01 AM

Jan 2013
Thing is, your taste of anime is mostly moe and slice of life garbage. Moe & Slice of life is basically the equivalent to retarded reality tv and garbage sitcoms. Only difference is one is live action and one is animated. They are both pointless & appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jun 13, 2013 10:03 AM
Feb 2012
MajinSaga said:
Thing is, your taste of anime is mostly moe and slice of life garbage. Moe & Slice of life is basically the equivalent to retarded reality tv and garbage sitcoms. Only difference is one is live action and one is animated. They are both pointless & appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Oh lookie here, another Not_Biased disciple but 2deep4me.
Jun 13, 2013 10:06 AM

Jun 2012
EmeraldSlate said:
MajinSaga said:

You get these kind of morons at a dime a dozen. It's usually the casual watchers that act like they have some glorified list and that they have superior taste than the majority of the community. Apparently, a multi-faceted taste is impossible, and good anime are void in certain genres.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 13, 2013 10:08 AM
Feb 2012
Holybaptiser said:
EmeraldSlate said:
MajinSaga said:

You get these kind of morons at a dime a dozen.

Yeah, not difficult to figure that one out. I wonder who he's trying to impress.
Jun 13, 2013 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly for me I used to be the type that always agreed with other people. Now I say what I want (not bad stuff!!) before I use to be one of those shy kids that always followed people around. Hehe but now haha I am me!! And I am proud!!

Sounds really weird.... Now that I notice it.. It's like my own little speech.
Jun 13, 2013 10:54 AM

Dec 2012
MajinSaga said:

SoL series are closest to reality - they might lack complexity, but this is what makes them attractive and accessible - everyone can identify themselves as one of the characters, in one situation or another. What such series don't lack though is usually warmth and coziness, and regardless of their quality, they rarely miss to deliver - they make things simple and understandable.
Regardless if the OP is aware of that or not, a friend, who obviously bothered herself to notice and comment the content of her list, went on and bashed it because of a group norm of moronic demographic fads, which I doubt they understand either.
On the other hand, the chick says she is an adult. Well, adults usually look for reasonable ways to solve things. And, heck, this is just an anime list - shit begins when people stomp you for no apparent reason. What I am trying to say is that her list is the least of her worries, the list didn't appear out of nowhere, though. If I were her, I'll probably come into terms with myself, clean up the mess b/w this reality and the other, then keep watching anime ^^ Perhaps the list will extend to other, more incentive tales, when the blitzkrieg defense is unneeded.
Jun 13, 2013 10:57 AM

May 2013
MajinSaga said:

Haha dude, relax. I hope you don't behave like that in real life. All those you have mentioned to be garbage are sometimes extremly superior than any of the 'good anime'' you have seen.
Jun 13, 2013 11:41 AM

Jul 2012
MajinSaga said:

Recommend me some deep and edgy anime like Code Geass and Death Note pls
Jun 13, 2013 11:46 AM

Nov 2011
ihateeveryone said:
MajinSaga said:

Violence Jack.
Jun 13, 2013 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
ihateeveryone said:
MajinSaga said:

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Big O, Ghost In The Shell movies and SAC series, Outlaw Star, Gundam 08th MS Team, Serial Experiments Lain, Berserk.

All have to be watched DUBBED. In this case the Japanese voices are inferior in every way to their English counterparts. Especially for Bebop and Ghost In th shell. I cannot stress this enough. Only weeaboo scum would say otherwise.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Disney Anime Chief: More "Acceptable" Expressions Are Necessary for the Wider Market

deg - 2 hours ago

20 by traed »»
54 seconds ago

Poll: » Annecy Festival to screen "Who Said Death Is Beautiful?", the "world's first animated movie using AI / Stable Diffusion"

deg - Yesterday

14 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» When did anime become mainstream? Or do you think it's still not mainstream???

LenRea - May 13

41 by DesuMaiden »»
5 minutes ago

» Gurren Lagann & KlK creator said "Fanservice in anime is necessary, else humanity will disappear"

Dije - 8 hours ago

35 by DesuMaiden »»
9 minutes ago

» Characters That Feel Out Of Place

FanofAction - 2 hours ago

25 by FanofAction »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.