Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 24, 2018 5:57 AM

Aug 2017
Had Chihaya played with her left hand she would have won or at least would have done better .
Feb 5, 2019 7:48 PM
Apr 2016
Well, it was obvious that'll Chihaya will lose, I mean the Queen is a psychopathic psychopath about Karuta... That cliffhanger though, well who cares Retro sucks tbh
Feb 21, 2019 10:05 PM

May 2016
Jisoo_Chan19 said:
Had Chihaya played with her left hand she would have won or at least would have done better .

Chihaya is very good, but she still gets beaten consistently by world-class competition. She can't win against Arata, Shinobu, Megumi or Yumi.

Chances are, if she was unhurt she'd still get dominated. While hurt she, unfortunately, had no chance of pulling off the win.
Lease_of_LifeFeb 21, 2019 10:28 PM
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Aug 24, 2019 3:52 AM

Aug 2018
Great ep btw

They show shinobu's different personality in this ep. Also that t-shirt scene was priceless.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 25, 2019 3:44 PM

Oct 2013
Shinobu's childhood was definitely tough. But her coach was right - without alienation she stops treating her opponents as opponents and doesn't go full power on them.

Chihaya lost, as expected. She did a fine job anyway. With her main hand in that state she was able to strike 2 cards.

Chihaya's hidden T-shirt and Shinobu's reaction were priceless. xD
AdnashNov 25, 2019 8:05 PM
Jan 6, 2020 3:45 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao Chihaya getting her ass handed to her by the Queen yet again
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 2, 2020 5:00 PM

Apr 2016
Chihaya flashed her t-shirt for us. This alone made the episode great.

Looks like Chihaya lost, and by a landslide at that. Can't say I expected anything else. Though Taichi was doing incredible from the looks of it!
May 3, 2020 12:03 PM
Feb 2016
There wasn't literally any point to this match than an obligatory "chihaya vs queen" match. I was expecting that they would save it for season three,but having her play against the queen every season lessens the impact of their first match severely.

I don't think Arata will have much of a struggle against the queen. For all the talk of this sport being psychically fair,there seems to be an underlying gender bias especially when the queen lost multiple times against Arata and the master. Not to mention the unnecessary division between men and women. If this sport truely was gender equal then they wouldn't have to do this would they ? Hope that they properly address this.

Of course chihaya isn't watching the matches from her other team mates. For fuck sakes,she could atleast pretend to care about them. The author just can't stop herself from justifying Chihaya's egotism.
Mar 22, 2021 11:07 PM

Aug 2018
...And well, the queen won...Arata you can do it. That was good, now...Taichi vs. Retro-kun again, it's going to be tense.
Apr 29, 2021 4:11 PM

Jan 2021
I enjoyed this episode so much, I didn't skip any scene at all in this episode, and I haven't done that in like this whole season....
May 2, 2021 11:50 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ayase’s breathing didn’t sound healthy at all

Weird to say, but this is probably my favourite episode of the entire series so far. When shinobu did NOT reject ayase’s request to play together again, that tugged on my heartstrings a bit. I knew she she had her own backstory but I didn’t know it would be quite this emotional. It’s kind of typical, but it works imo. She’s just gotten so strong that she can’t really connect with anyone, and longs for a friend again. My heart....

I like how they had all the other matches playing in the background at the same time. I mean that’s what a tournament is, but what they could have done was turn back the time to start each of our characters matches from the start. But we’ve already witnessed a lot of karuta and we’re nearing the end of the season so it may have been a drag. Thankfully when we look at them such as mashima, they’re already almost done their matches. Keep the flow going you know

Edit: also my favourite part this episode is tsukaba however you spell his name weirdo dude taking a selfie LOL

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 12, 2021 6:21 AM

Apr 2021
oh man, if onyl chihaya didn't injure her finger! i think she could've done better without the injury, maybe not beat the queen, but she would've done better ;w;
i wish i was a cloud
Jul 14, 2021 6:59 AM

Jul 2015
Even though Chihaya was injured, the gap between her and the Queen is still quite large but at least she realised how to cover a bit better against left-handed players.

Jul 17, 2021 5:21 AM

Feb 2019
Chihaya's loss this time was a bit more disappointing than the last, with her taking only two cards and all. BUT she got that painful injury. I think that is QUITE the handicap. Can't really imagine the pain. It must be quite bad for her to freeze like that just from picking up the card. But she did take the card that starts with "しのぶ" so that was quite the achievement. And even with that injured finger she did take one card (and defended one more). And the card she took was the aforementioned card. I think she has improved. Wished we could've seen her go against Shinobu-chan without that injury.

Ah, but Shinobu-chan's flashbacks were painful and sad to watch. Satoko-chan ;-; Shinobu just wanted to play and have friends. I guess playing with people the same age would've held her back, but still ;-;

Nice, Taichi is in the finals! Win, Taichi, and reach Class A! But talk about that victory. An 18 card victory? That is AMAZING. Against the Retro-kun he was struggling against in previous tournaments.

TAICHI BETTER MAKE CLASS A. DESTROY WHOEVER HIS OPPONENT IS!
Aug 12, 2021 7:31 PM

Jan 2021
This episode didn’t disappoint me at all.
Apr 13, 2022 4:39 PM
Jul 2013
Shinobu is really hard on herself, but that's what it takes to be a queen.
I find it disappointing how we never got to know who won other class A finals, since the show took its time to introduce the players during team tournament.
Looks like Mashima can finally make it into A class.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.