Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2008 2:57 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All I can say is...that was awesome! Yeah I watched it raw, only understood bits and pieces while using context clues, and pretty much got lost when Junichi was making a speech about something, but damn...just damn! Never did I believe that something like that could happen!

These are just what I think happened due to my very limited understanding of spoken Japanese.

But if the beginning of the episode is an indication of what the future holds, then things will definitely work out in the end. But damn when is the next episode!? There is just no way they can leave things the way they are!

NEED MOAR!!!

Oh yeah...I think they may have screwed up the time line, but I'm not very positive about this. Now to wait for a fansub group to release this, but I'm quite happy enough as it is! xD
Dec 28, 2008 3:32 AM

Oct 2008
=O >_< lol that was really =O

Dec 28, 2008 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
can i have a link on the raw?
can't find it anywhere >.>
Dec 28, 2008 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
alpha69 said:

it's on kotori shirakawa fan club...
join and you'll get it!
Dec 28, 2008 3:56 PM

Sep 2008
lol at SwordWielder...
Anyway i like last part... doushite... lol...

*Kotori tears is cute...*
Dec 29, 2008 12:37 AM

Aug 2007
SwordWielder said:
alpha69 said:

join and you'll get it!

Isn't that like extortion or something? xD

A more adult Kotori is hawtness!
Dec 30, 2008 8:55 PM
Dec 2008
SwordWielder said:
alpha69 said:

join and you'll get it!

I already joint this group but I can't find the raw anywhere can someone give me the link?
Dec 31, 2008 2:17 AM

Aug 2007
Video is up on NicoVideo, already on Youtube, and is available on a couple more video sharing sites. Just a matter of entering the right search strings...which I already forgot how to do xD
Dec 31, 2008 10:50 AM

Jan 2008
samdark said:
SwordWielder said:
alpha69 said:

join and you'll get it!

I already joint this group but I can't find the raw anywhere can someone give me the link?

ur not paying attention to what we do in the club do u?
Dec 31, 2008 1:37 PM

Jan 2008
I don't think it was a screw up in timeline just a show of what's in store, I'm guessing it's a two part OVA because the release title has 前編 (opening chapter) in it and the second part will be the closing chapter. This seemed like a response to the Tomoyo After OVA except like 5 years too late, overall pretty good.
Dec 31, 2008 2:28 PM

Aug 2007
Yeah the next episode is supposedly in the other DVD box set (DCSS?) and will be released on March 25, 2009 if Wiki is accurate. Well given that this is an AU, I guess the story takes place on an alternate timeline. One where certain characters are missing, maybe dead?

Umm this is actually leaning more towards the DC2IF manga based on Shirakawa Nanaka. Given the "IF" designation, it is also based on an alternate timeline which coincides with the main storyline. Maybe like Negima Neo I guess.

Five years too late? The Tomoyo OVA (not After bud) was released Jan 2008 so how is that "5 years too late"?

Dec 31, 2008 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
PimpToad said:
Yeah the next episode is supposedly in the other DVD box set (DCSS?) and will be released on March 25, 2009 if Wiki is accurate. Well given that this is an AU, I guess the story takes place on an alternate timeline. One where certain characters are missing, maybe dead?

Five years too late? The Tomoyo OVA (not After bud) was released Jan 2008 so how is that "5 years too late"?

The timeline is set 1 year after Nemu dies (so yea alt timeline) that's why he visited the grave and in the room he thanks the bunch for supporting him through the hardtimes. AND I am saying that the Tomoyo OVA (sorry I'm not hardcore on titles and such) was released pretty much right after the Clannad series compared to this being released 5 years after the original Da Capo series which had it's timeline twisted.
Jan 1, 2009 1:39 AM

Aug 2007
...Tomoyo OVA has a way more twisted timeline than DCIF. I mean come on after 23 mind numbing episodes of Nagisa (yeah not that much of a Nagisa fan even if she is cute), we are thrown a Tomoyo episode to sate the rabid fans. At least DCIF had the setup of the previous DC anime, though I'm still way confused as to where we stand on the timeline.

So confusing since I end up using the VN timeline when they are obviously using the anime one...

And so Nemu is dead huh?
...so is that the only way Kotori has any chance of actually winning? xD
Jan 1, 2009 7:39 AM
Sep 2007
The OVA was simply beautiful. I love how the show is focused on the 2 important themes

- Junichi-Kotori's relationship
- The barrier to formalising that relationship.

ALL the scenes have these 2 elements threading though and I enjoy a tale with good focus.

Jan 4, 2009 4:09 AM

Oct 2008
when is part 2? more!

Jan 4, 2009 7:08 AM

Aug 2007
As posted above,

March 25, 2009 and the raw stream will probably out by the 27th, going by the release of EP1 anyway. Of course the 25th is the date on wiki, no way I'm scouring the interwebs to confirm this!
Jan 5, 2009 2:33 AM
Sep 2007
I've changed the number of episodes, so we don't need another entry for Part II. "Part I" is going to be removed from the title soon.
Jan 5, 2009 2:37 AM

Aug 2008
If someone hasn't already known this, subs are out!

Ah, this sure brings back memories. Damn, I love Da Capo!

It was great seeing Miharu, Moe, Mako and Suginami again. I can't get enough of those box matches XD Oh and the music, the good old Da Capo themes. I'm almost in tears just hearing it.

Now for the cons:
- It might be that with the time past I got unused to the "upgraded" graphics, but I don't like the way Kotori looks. She looked way cuter with the original graphics, but this isn't something I can blame on DCIF.

-it was great, but felt short. Need moar!

Stripey said:
The OVA was simply beautiful.

QFT
PimpToad said:
...so is that the only way Kotori has any chance of actually winning? xD
Yes

PS: Kotori's bold comment on ways to wake up Jun' just reminded me of KissXSis, lol
KvakondJan 5, 2009 2:45 AM
Jan 5, 2009 5:21 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was a really nice first episode. Horie Yui \o/ .

Though it feels weird that Nemu's supposed to be dead. =/

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 5, 2009 7:53 AM

Dec 2007
that was pretty sad, but really nice. I'm sorry for Nemu, but it was a good way to give Kotori and Junichi some complicated feelings, instead of a simple "i love you, let's get married"
can't wait for the second ep

Jan 5, 2009 10:39 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, Da Capo without Nemu, and Kotori as main character! It was my dream, until the end of the first season, and during the few episodes of second season but it was broken when Nemu arrived (I hate this character, really!!). Now everything is perfect, Nemu passed away and Junichi is now free.

Good episode, nothing special happend, but Kotori was just like always, yeaaah.
Jan 5, 2009 6:26 PM
Oct 2007
wait, what happend here

from my memory, in DCSS nemu gets married to her stepbrother

but in here, she is dead and kotori is about to get married?

clarifacation please, i always get da capo messed up with shuffle
Jan 5, 2009 7:42 PM

Aug 2008
Fareplay said:
wait, what happend here

from my memory, in DCSS nemu gets married to her stepbrother

but in here, she is dead and kotori is about to get married?

clarifacation please, i always get da capo messed up with shuffle

That is correct, but Da Capo If is set in an alternative timeline where apparently Nemu is dead - simply because that is the only way Kotori can win, lol XP

So you didn't mixed it with Shuffle this time
Jan 5, 2009 9:16 PM

Mar 2008
SO i take that Nemu died from the Sakura thing in DC... that's okay too.

Nice episode overall. the starting part with the wedding dress was a bit werid but neh.
Jan 5, 2009 11:07 PM

Jul 2007
Awesome. I've been waiting so long for this OVA, the wait for the 2nd ep is gonna suck =/

I wish they'd make an entire new series out of it though, DC1 just without Nemu, perfect.
Jan 6, 2009 12:19 AM

Aug 2007
One of the main reasons for Kotori's popularity is due to her status as a tragic heroine. Without the trials and tribulations Kotori went through in the face of a siscon-crazed maniac named Asakura Junichi, she wouldn't be the popular character she is today.

Back when Da Capo was nothing but a humble visual novel, the fans favoured Nemu vastly over Kotori due to Nemu's status as the main heroine as well as her overall character traits. Nemu was still the heavy favourite during Da Capo the anime. Kotori truly shined in DCSS for reasons we should all be aware of by now.

So simply put, Nemu is integral to Kotori's overall popularity. One has to wonder what kind of treatment (torture) Junichi went through under Nemu to develop such siscon tendencies...
Jan 6, 2009 1:00 AM

Jul 2008
that was really incredible, i never though that it would be about kotori. really nostalgic, at first i didnt want to watch this but this is way too awesome. a lot of people would prefer a different ending, me too. so i am really looking forward to the next episode.

Jan 6, 2009 5:37 AM

Jul 2007
PimpToad said:
One of the main reasons for Kotori's popularity is due to her status as a tragic heroine. Without the trials and tribulations Kotori went through in the face of a siscon-crazed maniac named Asakura Junichi, she wouldn't be the popular character she is today.

Back when Da Capo was nothing but a humble visual novel, the fans favoured Nemu vastly over Kotori due to Nemu's status as the main heroine as well as her overall character traits. Nemu was still the heavy favourite during Da Capo the anime. Kotori truly shined in DCSS for reasons we should all be aware of by now.

So simply put, Nemu is integral to Kotori's overall popularity. One has to wonder what kind of treatment (torture) Junichi went through under Nemu to develop such siscon tendencies...

I totally disagree. I liked Kotori since the very first time she appeared and always disliked Nemu. Horie Yuri being the seiyuu might also help though.
Jan 6, 2009 5:51 AM

Sep 2008
Kotori said:

I totally disagree. I liked Kotori since the very first time she appeared and always disliked Nemu. Horie Yuri being the seiyuu might also help though.

I feel exactly the same way!
PaeruJan 6, 2009 5:55 AM
Jan 6, 2009 6:56 AM

Aug 2008
PimpToad said:
I always thought that people liked her because she can sing..and cook..and read minds. Hmm, looks like Kotori an Paeru proved my point, hehe

Anyway, well said PimpToad
Jan 6, 2009 9:49 AM

Jul 2007
Jan 6, 2009 10:07 AM

Aug 2008
Kotori said:
Kotori is my Goddess
Well, your name and avatar kinda gave you away, but your collection is a bit overkill. But we'll forgive you for giving us the almighty malU
Jan 6, 2009 1:31 PM

Aug 2007
Kotori said:

I've also liked Kotori over Nemu ever since the eroge and the anime adaptation. I'm just stating that Nemu was the more popular character before Kotori's designation as a tragic heroine of sorts.

Even now she is still putting up with Junichi's crap. It is quite so obvious that he doesn't deserve her in the slightest, but we'll all have to live with her choice ne? xD

The girl who can never get a break even if she was handed one...poor Kotori =(
Jan 6, 2009 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Kotori said:

Horie Yui is an infuse of pure moe into any character she voices! <3

I Like this OVA, setting was very differnt from Clannad's Tomoyo episode. Now wait until March :(
Jan 6, 2009 1:51 PM

Jul 2007
Wouldn't it be nice if the OVA was Kotori x Sakura going yuri instead? I always rooted for Kotori with Junichi, but the guy's such a retard..
Jan 7, 2009 12:47 AM

Aug 2008
Now i feel like i've committed treason by wacthing this...

Nemu is my favourite =P

i can't really continue watching this =P I'll watch it when I begin to get over my Nemu-craze =)
Jan 7, 2009 3:03 AM

Aug 2007
I don't know, I always liked Kotori. But as PimpToad said, I started to love Kotori in the second season. Still, it's been Kotori>Nemu to me the whole time. Anyways, after watching this I don't believe that Junichi is deserving of Kotori. But I do wish for her happiness.
Jan 7, 2009 6:34 AM
Sep 2007
Junichi in the OVA is a HUGE improvement over DCSS imho. At least he's reciprocating Kotori's feelings and acting responsibly by "putting things in order" with Nemu first so that he can formalise his relationship with Kotori. :)
Jan 7, 2009 10:02 PM

Oct 2008
Kotori said:

same here =)

Jan 12, 2009 9:19 AM

Nov 2007
Even if i don't hate her, I never was a fan of Nemu too ... ^^; ! I always prefered the cute and nice Kotori ! =") (and Sakura lol)
So ... for this oav ... Nemu didn't come back ! Yatta ! \o/ ! It's your turn Kotori ! XD
(and an end for this episode really sad T.T)

Jan 13, 2009 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
I guess it makes sense, since in DCSS Alice changed the... uh... universe and Asakura still got together with Nemu in the end, which proved whatever Sakura said in DCSS was right. So the only way to actually get Kotori and Asakura together is if they get rid of the original problem. You guys know what I mean, right?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2009 3:29 AM

Jan 2008
Great eps but very sad =( i hope the next eps would be a Great one too =]Kotori ftw
Jan 17, 2009 2:45 PM

Oct 2008
I didn't watch the original first 2 seasons, so there are things I don't understand..

Jan 18, 2009 10:51 AM

Sep 2008
Kira01 said:
I didn't watch the original first 2 seasons, so there are things I don't understand..

Because Junichi used to love his own sister - Nemu, and in the original history he chose her and married her. Kotori loved him all that time, but she decided to give up, cause she knew how deep they're love was.
PaeruJan 20, 2009 12:58 AM
Jan 21, 2009 8:33 PM

Dec 2007
I've been waiting so long for this OVA. It's too bad that I have to wait for the second episode out which is come out by March 25, 2009. It feels weird that Nemu is not here. Oh, Kotori FTW
Jan 25, 2009 9:11 AM

Nov 2007
Ah man I missed the Da Capo series...
Jan 25, 2009 9:35 AM

Jan 2009
gameoffreak8 said:
I've been waiting so long for this OVA. It's too bad that I have to wait for the second episode out which is come out by March 25, 2009. It feels weird that Nemu is not here. Oh, Kotori FTW

Ya, it's a pain to wait for 2 more months. It actually doesn't feel that weird if you truly hate Nemu.. LMAO
Jan 26, 2009 9:31 PM
Oct 2007
dunno if i posted here yet but

WORST SHOW EVER MADE

dont u dare kill off my nemu
Jan 27, 2009 8:13 AM

Aug 2008
Fareplay said:
WORST SHOW EVER MADE

dont u dare kill off my nemu
I feel your pain, but it's a lot better than nothing.. or season two. Yup, Nemu >> no Nemu >>>> > season two
Jan 27, 2009 9:42 AM

Jul 2007
I'm extremelly happy that Nemu is gone :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Da Capo If Episode 2 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 26, 2009

42 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:39 AM

» I really want to watch this!

ThatGuyYeah - Jun 20, 2013

2 by RenzMado66 »»
Jun 26, 2022 9:35 AM

» Whaddya think?

Translucent - Sep 23, 2008

8 by Ex_Machina »»
Aug 13, 2010 1:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.