Forum Settings
Forums

2013-14 NFL Season(Too bad there wasn't a snow storm...)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (103) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2013 8:41 PM

Dec 2012
Gunbladewarrior said:
Jimb0 said:
pretty sure gunblade is primarily a bengals fan. could be wrong, just recall him talkin about Green a lot last year

Jimbo is right.

The Bears aren't "my team", but I do like seeing them do well.
oer the ikes? =9 ...
fuck it, i meat sa face, fuckig keys.
Apr 19, 2013 8:41 PM

Jan 2008
JustALEX said:
lol, less than one day and we're already on page 3.

I can see us breaking last year's record of 200+ pages.

Also, here's an interesting question....

Which of the three star rookie QBs will have the dreaded "Sophomore slump"?

I'll say both Wilson and RG.
Apr 19, 2013 8:42 PM

Dec 2008
baboon said:
Yeah Newton had some struggles last year and now they get the toughest schedule apparently.. yesh
Hopefully their fans will be patient this season.

its only the toughest bcuz they count atlanta as a 13 win caliber team...twice. which is a joke imo.
Apr 19, 2013 8:43 PM

Dec 2012
ATL is a joke ow.
Apr 19, 2013 8:43 PM

Feb 2009
Cigarette said:

fuck it, i meat sa face,

made me laugh :D

Gunbladewarrior said:
Jimb0 said:
pretty sure gunblade is primarily a bengals fan. could be wrong, just recall him talkin about Green a lot last year

Jimbo is right.

yeah had thought it was Bengals and Steelers.
Cincy got James Harrison, good pick up there?
Apr 19, 2013 8:45 PM

Dec 2012
sry guys
keys r roke as shit lol
Apr 19, 2013 8:45 PM

Feb 2009
Jimb0 said:
baboon said:
Yeah Newton had some struggles last year and now they get the toughest schedule apparently.. yesh

its only the toughest bcuz they count atlanta as a 13 win caliber team...twice. which is a joke imo.

Tony G unretired, old Stephen Jackson comes aboard, they are 1 Vince Young away from a dream team season :X
Apr 19, 2013 8:46 PM

Jun 2008
baboon said:

I just hope he doesn't start whining again.

Talking about the schedule...

The Fins start the year against tough competition...@Colts, vs. Falcons, @Saints, vs. Ravens, @Pats

Those are 5 of our first 7 games.....OUCH!
Apr 19, 2013 8:47 PM

Dec 2008
baboon said:
Jimb0 said:
baboon said:

Tony G unretired, old Stephen Jackson comes aboard, they are 1 Vince Young away from a dream team season :X

same old failcons, at their expense lost 2 starting cbs, pass rusher, and dt. not to mention 2 losses on their oline
Apr 19, 2013 8:49 PM

Jan 2008
baboon said:
Cigarette said:

fuck it, i meat sa face,

made me laugh :D

Gunbladewarrior said:
Jimb0 said:

Jimbo is right.

yeah had thought it was Bengals and Steelers.
Cincy got James Harrison, good pick up there?

I stopped liking the Steelers as much once I found out Stephen A was a fan. XD I still respect Mike Tomlin more than any other coach.

I like the pickup. I'd love it if Lewis weren't the coach.
Apr 19, 2013 8:49 PM

Dec 2012
JustALEX said:
baboon said:

The Fins start the year against tough competition...@Colts, vs. Falcons, @Saints, vs. Ravens, @Pats

which is a goo thig..
Apr 19, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2008
Cigarette said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Jimb0 said:

Jimbo is right.

oer the ikes? =9 ...

Drunk typing. XD
Apr 19, 2013 8:54 PM

Feb 2009
Jimb0 said:

same old failcons, at their expense lost 2 starting cbs, pass rusher, and dt. not to mention 2 losses on their oline

Not a fan of them either, cant blame them for shaking it up though by getting rid of some old players. More surprised Abraham didnt latch on quite yet somewhere else, alot of these old veterans arent getting many looks by teams especially this close to the draft. Freeney is out there still as well I think.
Apr 19, 2013 8:56 PM

Dec 2012
Gunbladewarrior said:
Cigarette said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Jimb0 said:

Jimbo is right.

oer the ikes? =9 ...

Drunk typing. XD
olyaloitisromruktypi
millstop4
ow
imoalook4
aewkeyoar
Apr 19, 2013 8:59 PM

Dec 2008
baboon said:
Jimb0 said:

Not a fan of them either, cant blame them for shaking it up though by getting rid of some old players. More surprised Abraham didnt latch on quite yet somewhere else, alot of these old veterans arent getting many looks by teams especially this close to the draft. Freeney is out there still as well I think.

they are probly waitin for some of training camp to go by. once some of the injuries pile up, a team could need them and would have no choice but to pay what they are asking for.
Apr 19, 2013 9:00 PM

Feb 2009
^What about the Saints for some defensive veterans? They got any cap space to spare on FAs?
Apr 19, 2013 9:05 PM

Jun 2008
Cigarette said:
JustALEX said:
baboon said:

which is a goo thig..

Are you a Jets fan by any chance?

XD
Apr 19, 2013 9:05 PM

Dec 2008
baboon said:
^What about the Saints for some defensive veterans? They got any cap space to spare on FAs?

if they would tell roman harper to "take a pay cut or take a hike" we would.

we already took one of the steelers starting cbs and victor butler who was buried behind demarcus ware on the depth chart. our defense may have been the worst statistically last year, but i dont really think we are that far off personnel-wise. definitely could use some safeties.

we werent a good fit for spagz style last year, his success came with dominant pass rushers. we dont have those, i'll admit i thought spagz would coach up our dline to be dominant but that wasnt the case hence the disaster. with the players on our roster we are more suited for rob ryan's 3-4.

wish they would kick the tires on woodson, could be a ball hawk like sharper unexpectedly was when we picked him up. but he probly wants too much $$ and still might have something up his ass about our former backup TE pissing him off the past 2 years.
Jimb0Apr 19, 2013 9:09 PM
Apr 19, 2013 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
JustALEX said:
Cigarette said:
JustALEX said:
baboon said:

which is a goo thig..

Are you a Jets fan by any chance?

XD
ora
ikes
purple
keys
r
roke
Apr 19, 2013 9:10 PM

Jun 2008
The Viqueens huh?

Well, at least they have AP, someone I can never hate on.
Apr 19, 2013 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
iateu
somu
riteow
ale
ikeausses
Apr 19, 2013 9:12 PM

Dec 2008
JustALEX said:
The Viqueens huh?

Well, at least they have AP, someone I can never hate on.

i dont like him...when he plays the saints. was really rooting for him to break that record last year. looks like he might be on the cover of madden, which could be a disaster.
Apr 19, 2013 9:14 PM

Dec 2012
ap
4eer
Apr 19, 2013 9:15 PM

Feb 2009
Jimb0 said:
baboon said:

wish they would kick the tires on woodson, could be a ball hawk like sharper unexpectedly was when we picked him up. but he probly wants too much $$ and still might have something up his ass about our former backup TE pissing him off the past 2 years.

Woodson will probably cost very little by the time teams look at him for like a 1 year deal most likely.
He is a great leader, and he's more suited for a safety at this point in his career. Was surprised GB didnt bring him back for one more year and move him to safety permanently.
Apr 19, 2013 9:24 PM

Dec 2012
purplepeopleeaters4lie!!!
Apr 19, 2013 9:57 PM

Dec 2008
baboon said:
Jimb0 said:
baboon said:

Woodson will probably cost very little by the time teams look at him for like a 1 year deal most likely.
He is a great leader, and he's more suited for a safety at this point in his career. Was surprised GB didnt bring him back for one more year and move him to safety permanently.

couldn't hurt for us to take a look at him, our starting 2 safeties rated as the worst 2 safeties in football...out of about 85 safeties rated (according to pff). that means that almost every team in the league had better starting safeties plus a backup on their roster that were better than the 2 that started for us. if that isnt pathetic i dont know what is.

LT and S are the only remaining positions i really hope we address before the start of the season. Jim Leonhard is not the answer lol
Apr 19, 2013 10:00 PM

Jul 2011
KyuuAL said:
And the schedule:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules?icampaign=Schedule_release_HP_CP2

My prediction:
Bears
14-2

>:D

Haha, I hope.

Cigarette said:
ANYONE WHOS A FAN OF DA PACKS
HAS NO SOUL

I lol'd.

JustALEX said:
Ugh....way too early IMO to talk about the new season.

I do agree this is a bit early. The previous threads were started in July or August, but hey, I'm not really objecting.
Apr 19, 2013 10:30 PM

Dec 2012
Verdale said:

Cigarette said:
HAS NO SOUL

I lol'd.

Verdale said:

Cigarette said:
HAS NO SOUL

I lol'd.
Apr 21, 2013 10:35 AM

Mar 2012
Pending physical, Revis will be officially a Buc. Jets get some picks including a 1st rounder.
Apr 21, 2013 12:26 PM
May 2010
We won't cut Harper this year. He's worth 7 mil off the books next year so he will almost 100% be gone then. I also don't think Jenkins is really the 2nd worst S in the NFL. He had to cover for all the mistakes Harper made although he made some on his own. But you don't go from a pro bowler to that in your prime. It had a lot to do with the shitty scheming Spags did.
Apr 21, 2013 4:38 PM

Aug 2008
TravSavage said:
Pending physical, Revis will be officially a Buc. Jets get some picks including a 1st rounder.

Like they're gonna do anything good with that pick. Rex Ryan will be fired after next year, and we'll get some more Dirty Sanchez antics. Though, how will he ever top the butt fumble?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Apr 21, 2013 7:11 PM

Feb 2009
From Yahoo article ... "The Bucs announced the deal Sunday, saying Revis agreed to a new six-year contract. Revis' agents Neil Schwartz and Jon Feinsod confirmed the deal is worth $96 million, with no guaranteed money, but makes him one of the highest-paid defensive players in the NFL. It includes $1.5 million annually in both roster and workout bonuses."

Smart move by Tampa not giving guaranteed money, which lets them cut him if he gets injured or turns average (both could happen in the 6 year span).
Apr 22, 2013 2:25 AM

Jan 2008
Who agrees to a contract with no guaranteed money? Revis has a retarded agent.
Apr 22, 2013 6:27 AM
Feb 2012
The Bucs won the deal by default. Jets got ripped off huge. Only a first and a conditional pick next year is not enough. They needed more and more prospects. However, can't see the Bucs being a threat to the Saints/Falcons next year, even when they got better.
Apr 23, 2013 7:58 PM

Dec 2008
Ambalamps said:
We won't cut Harper this year. He's worth 7 mil off the books next year so he will almost 100% be gone then. I also don't think Jenkins is really the 2nd worst S in the NFL. He had to cover for all the mistakes Harper made although he made some on his own. But you don't go from a pro bowler to that in your prime. It had a lot to do with the shitty scheming Spags did.

yea i get that spagz had a lot to do with it, but we were saying before last season that roman harper was in a "prove it" season and he certainly didnt do that.

i think he could be serviceable this year but his salary is just absurd. (goldson just got paid 8 mil a year, and he is making almost the same amount) he really needs to take a pay cut, but i think he sees the writing on the walls that he wont be back next year so he likely wont do that.

Koromo_Toshinou said:
The Bucs won the deal by default. Jets got ripped off huge. Only a first and a conditional pick next year is not enough. They needed more and more prospects. However, can't see the Bucs being a threat to the Saints/Falcons next year, even when they got better.

idk man the bucs scare me more than any other team in our division.

• best run D last year
  • just got revis and goldson so presumably their pass D should be good
  • they got the muscle hamster so they can run the ball well

the only question is josh freeman and the absence of michael bennett.
Jimb0Apr 23, 2013 8:07 PM
Apr 24, 2013 12:06 AM

Dec 2011
I guess the Jets must be convinced that Revis won't be anywhere close to his pre-injury playing status.
Because otherwise, they're trusting Antonio Cromartie to be their lead CB this coming season. And he actually proved he's not bad at that role last season after Revis went out.
Apr 24, 2013 5:53 AM
Feb 2012
Jimb0 said:
Ambalamps said:

yea i get that spagz had a lot to do with it, but we were saying before last season that roman harper was in a "prove it" season and he certainly didnt do that.

i think he could be serviceable this year but his salary is just absurd. (goldson just got paid 8 mil a year, and he is making almost the same amount) he really needs to take a pay cut, but i think he sees the writing on the walls that he wont be back next year so he likely wont do that.

Koromo_Toshinou said:

idk man the bucs scare me more than any other team in our division.

• best run D last year
  • just got revis and goldson so presumably their pass D should be good
  • they got the muscle hamster so they can run the ball well

the only question is josh freeman and the absence of michael bennett.

Thing is, they still have Eric Wright as their #2, he's god awful and I mean god awful when it comes to coverage. Otherwise, their defense is scary good. I am a huge fan of Mark Barron, he's primed to be a Pro Bowler in a year or two. Doug Martin was one of the reasons why I won my fantasy league, I'm not a believer in him next year though because most Bucs running backs after rookie seasons tend to go down (Cadillac, LeGarrette).

Thank us for stealing Bennett btw. I love the guy too.
Apr 25, 2013 3:53 PM

Dec 2012
draft inc 1 hr
bitches
Apr 25, 2013 4:58 PM

Dec 2008
i got my pizza, i got my beer, ive taken my nap and im off work tomorrow.

LETS DO THIS!

come on joeckel slide to 15 :3 ...damn
come on johnson slide to 15 :3 ...damn

oh shit! dolphins trade up to get dion jordan!
Jimb0Apr 25, 2013 5:43 PM
Apr 25, 2013 5:37 PM

Sep 2012
So there's been quite a plot twist so far in the draft. Fisher instead of Joeckel, and Dolphins trade up...with the need for a LT...for Dion Jordan! Alex what do you think of this?
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Apr 25, 2013 5:38 PM
Jul 2012
Can't wait who will draft west virginia qb.
Apr 25, 2013 5:39 PM
Jul 2012
Also can't wait for what will patriots will draft something good.
Apr 25, 2013 5:40 PM

Dec 2008
wow raiders didnt get very much for that. just 1 extra pick to move down 9 spots? if reports are true they will probly try to move down again to get more picks since they want hayden.

ok so no OT for the saints. now i want star dammit

YESSSSS!!!!!!! THANK GOD ANSAH IS OFF THE BOARD. I WANTED NO PART OF HIM!

now hopefully both woerner and mingo will go next. dont want them either
Jimb0Apr 25, 2013 5:52 PM
Apr 25, 2013 5:54 PM

Sep 2012
Ziggy is gonna be awesome (in theory) on that Detroit DLine. Just want to say that I called this pick months ago haha
Apr 25, 2013 5:56 PM

Dec 2008
AWESOME MINGO IS GONE TOO! now please someone take woerner!

start taking guards and qbs! we dont need that shit!

rams trade with bills, looks like austin is gone

now i hope teams start taking wrs since there are no more worth taking in the 1st for us.
Jimb0Apr 25, 2013 6:05 PM
Apr 25, 2013 6:05 PM

Dec 2012
seriously didn't see smith goin to the cards. i was somewhat hoping they'd pick geno smith.

and
OGHelios said:
Ziggy is gonna be awesome (in theory) on that Detroit DLine. Just want to say that I called this pick months ago haha
totes knew that was gonna happen lol was just shoutin : EZEKIEL ANSAH the entire time

Jimb0 said:
i got my pizza, i got my beer, ive taken my nap and im off work tomorrow.

LETS DO THIS!

come on joeckel slide to 15 :3 ...damn
come on johnson slide to 15 :3 ...damn

oh shit! dolphins trade up to get dion jordan!
damned straight lol
Apr 25, 2013 6:10 PM

Dec 2008
well they found their replacement for ammendola. outside of austin tho rams receivers are still terrible

holy crap shariff floyd is still on the board!
Apr 25, 2013 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
austin to da rams!! thank god....the next thing the vikes need is another damned slot.
Apr 25, 2013 6:15 PM

Dec 2008
the ny dirty sanchezs are up, will we see the first qb off the board here?
Apr 25, 2013 6:15 PM

Sep 2012
Cigarette said:
austin to da rams!! thank god....the next thing the vikes need is another damned slot.

I thought he was the guy to replace Harvin though?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (103) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.