Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2013 1:41 AM

Jan 2013
NO MECHA OR ECCHI PLEASE

I much prefer dubbed. I dont really like kid stuff like Naruto or One Piece. Im okay with a bit of romance as long as it isnt the main focus. I enjoy dark themes (Durarara, DTB, Ergo, etc.) but its not a necessity. As long as the characters are cool, the animation isnt old (after 2005 preferably), the action is intense, & the story keeps me at the edge of me seat ill be golden. :)

Ive watched a lot of animes that I didnt really care for much but sort of entertained me (Usually rated between 5 and 7) so if you view my list only look at the 8s, 9s, & 10s.
Heres my list
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/acyanidesurprise

Thanks in advance. :)
Apr 18, 2013 1:45 AM

Mar 2012
Fate/Zero
Hunter x Hunter
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 18, 2013 1:57 AM

Jul 2012
Here, quickly -- Gungrave. Characters + story are from the creator of Trigun, which i see is one of your favorites. The dubs pretty good overall too.
Apr 18, 2013 2:00 AM

Apr 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Fate/Zero
Hunter x Hunter
Apr 18, 2013 2:02 AM

Jan 2009
TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN and the 2 movies of it especially the 2nd movie (you hate mecha but just watch this for a change)
Final Fantasy Advent Children Complete
Biohazard: Degeneration
Biohazard: Damnation
Spriggan
Aachi wa Ssipak
Accel World
Sword Art Online
Black Rock Shooter TV
Dead Leaves
Macross Zero (this is a mecha as well but has awesome action scenes)
Macross Plus (this is a mecha as well but has awesome action scenes)
degApr 18, 2013 2:06 AM
Apr 18, 2013 2:06 AM
May 2010
Nura
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic - no dub
Apr 18, 2013 2:07 AM

Jan 2009
@NeoAnkara

ive edited my post since he likes ACTION series anyway

EDIT:

and definitely as mentioned by someone, science vs religion/magic -> Toaru Majutsu no Index
Apr 18, 2013 3:35 AM

Mar 2013
Check out Ao no Exorcist or Tokyo Majin
It’s not always the talented that wins! But the ones who won because they persevere!
Apr 18, 2013 4:10 AM

Feb 2013
Finish Hellsing Ultimate and Baccano!
Watch
PsychoPass
Magi
Soul Eater
Apr 18, 2013 7:40 AM

Mar 2013
Black Lagoon(Extremely better in Dub)
FMA:B
Gosick
Needless
One Outs
Princess Resurrection
Soul Eater
Kara No Kyoukai

Apr 18, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2007
norr said:
Here, quickly -- Gungrave. Characters + story are from the creator of Trigun, which i see is one of your favorites. The dubs pretty good overall too.

I second this :)
Apr 18, 2013 9:31 AM

Jul 2012
j0x said:
TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN

I think this is a mecha show even non mecha fans can enjoy. Though since you want no mecha.....
Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
It has great action, amazing art and animation, an English dub, an amazing storyline, and it is dark.
Apr 18, 2013 10:39 AM
Jun 2012
ga rei zero

action right from the start
Apr 18, 2013 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Jormungand
Canaan
Apr 18, 2013 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
Scryed
Apr 18, 2013 10:46 PM

Dec 2008
Sengoku Basara
Apr 18, 2013 10:55 PM

Jan 2013
kara no kyoukai
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 19, 2013 1:20 AM

Jan 2013
Some of these suggestions ive seen. Others I already have on my ptw/watching list & others have been recommended to me before & I didnt really like the looks of them so I didnt watch them or even bother putting them on any list. Instead of replying to everyone just assume that im referring to your suggestion if I didnt reply to you. Thanks anyways though. :)

j0x said:
TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN and the 2 movies of it especially the 2nd movie (you hate mecha but just watch this for a change)
Final Fantasy Advent Children Complete
Biohazard: Degeneration
Biohazard: Damnation
Spriggan
Aachi wa Ssipak
Accel World
Sword Art Online
Black Rock Shooter TV
Dead Leaves
Macross Zero (this is a mecha as well but has awesome action scenes)
Macross Plus (this is a mecha as well but has awesome action scenes)

Damn. Thats a lot of suggestions. Ill have to go through them later. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Battlechili1 said:
j0x said:

I think this is a mecha show even non mecha fans can enjoy. Though since you want no mecha.....
It has great action, amazing art and animation, an English dub, an amazing storyline, and it is dark.

Is Magi Magica really that great? People keep suggesting it but it looks to lolli/ecchi looking for me. Plus I dont usually like a lot of magic.

drinkbeer said:
ga rei zero

action right from the start

More like action only at the start. Then you get a boring girl drama anime til the end where it finally tells you what the hell was going on. I didnt really like it but if they make a sequel ill totally watch it.

ChrnoTodd said:
Sengoku Basara

Damn. Looks pretty cool. Ill be sure to watch it.
Apr 19, 2013 9:50 AM

Dec 2012
Seconding Fate/Zero
Apr 19, 2013 9:56 AM

Jul 2012
acyanidesurprise said:

Battlechili1 said:
j0x said:

Is Magi Magica really that great? People keep suggesting it but it looks to lolli/ecchi looking for me. Plus I dont usually like a lot of magic.
/quote]
It's brilliant. It's definitely not loli or ecchi. FAR from ecchi. The opening song and a few things in it do kind of make it look a little bit like loli, but the overall show is not that at all. The first two episodes also don't really show what the show is really like.
It's a dark, well animated tragedy anime about a girl named Madoka and a few friends who meet a strange creature named Kyubey, who claims that it can grant anyone any wish and in return the person must become a magical girl and fight witches. But the girls soon realize that this may not be the best idea, and soon things go from bad to worse and only seem to escalate even more. It really is a brilliant anime with some of the best art around. The animation is great, the action scenes are really cool, and the storyline is amazing. It's only 12 episodes long, so it wouldn't take up too much of your time anyway. Try it. At the very least watch the first 4 episodes. That should give you a good idea of what its like.

More topics from this board

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 6 minutes ago

0 by AdityaRizkiS »»
6 minutes ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 10 hours ago

8 by BitChilly »»
8 minutes ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - Apr 25

1 by Ten »»
53 minutes ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

10 by ST63LTH »»
5 hours ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 10 hours ago

1 by dowzer »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.