Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2008 6:24 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
IMO it was a pretty unexpected ending. It also seemed really inconsistent considering the overall pace of the season so far. Popping the question really seems unreasonable CONSIDERING THEY NEVER KISSED. Will post screenies later. Overall I'm just a little unsatisfied.

Seriously what kinda of sudden development was that o.o
\
Dec 18, 2008 6:49 PM

Nov 2008
Nice episode I find. Clannad might be slow in pace but great in richness of storyline. I liked this episode as much as last one, however due to my time I might not give full reviews but Clannad now will get my serious attention and as you can see I don't play around anymore. I also know taking things too seriously in anime is not good but like I said before Clannad in Japan is life is my statics say that 80% is real life. 20% goes to anime and how much its limit to project reality at 100% is. However to me 80% is enough to take now seriously for me. Want more proof? You will see.

First of all I cried again T_T a lot during this episode because it portrayed so realistic the life of Yoshino-senpai when he was into music. I followed closely the live of Kurt Cobain and I tell you something, I still believe that if a gentle woman like Ibuki sensei would go and comfort him, Kurt would have been alive today. May he rest in peace.

On the episode. Ok, well seeing Okazaki getting forward in his job is a good sign since it means he is being stable and keeping the job along with less screwing up.

I am starting to enjoy the nice time Nagisa and Okazaki have when they walk together in the night. They look very nice as couple during that scenery. I really want a wife like Nagisa more.

When Yoshino's past life started to be explained I understood right away his position. I had much opportunity in my life to talk to people and those include different bands. I totally understand Yoshino more than ever with this episode. Allow me to elaborate. Yoshino first started in school to practice band and get together with friends. Usually that's how things start if you check out some lives of Rock people they had their band and garage gathering to start this up.

So continuing to practice, it is obvious that Ibuki-sensei passed by and as a young girl was charmed by the love music of Yoshino. It was so sad then to see Yoshino part ways with Ibuki-sensei because he had to go to the city (it would be Tokyo I think) to pursue his dream of being a popular rock star. That is true considering the Sakura flowers and scenery (most likely was in spring when graduation occurs).

At first it is usually hard but Yoshino succeeded in his success with releases of albums. Everything started to change at the time when Yoshino visited the sick children. Something changed when he saw them even though the kids were sick, they still were so sweet with him and gave him flowers with happy smiles because his songs gave tem hope. T_T I teared at such beauty. That was so nice. Then the worst came Yoshino finds out about one of the people he knows committed a crime. From then on deep depression and sadness invaded me as I saw Yoshino senpai going down into a spiral of dark gloom because he was blaming his failure at being able to compose music at the most crucial moments.

What follows is another most T_T moment for me this season of Clannad, had friends die of this. Things went really bad for Yoshino from then on, things did not work out at all. He lost his fame, his popularity, his place in the music charts and complete motivation. The moment after made me T_T because so much people died cause of this: Elvis Presley to name a one. that would be Heroine/Cocaine through syringe injection in other words drugs of the most dangerous caliber. Man that hit me so hard because of personal life. Music during entire scene of this was perfect and great! It was also a solution many choose although it should not be the way out.

Then something made me happy! I knew it was going to be Ibuki-sensei saving Yoshino from that dark gloomy spiral. T_T more tears but this time I was happy that Ibuki-sensei still cared and waited for Yoshino. It almost reminded me Nagisa x Okazaki situation.Music was perfect here too.

What follows is yet another shock. As Nagisa and Okazaki come back from their picnic time, Okazaki gets a phone call. Guess what? O_O OMG Okazaki's father is in jail and police (keisatsu) caught him! O_O What a shock especially from what I went through early in this episode. This because I though the father would behave after all the trouble he went earlier on. Guess I was wrong.

I particularly HATED Okazaki for not having much control with his anger and venting it on Nagisa during the scene after the phone around the swings. If you have problem that does concern people but something talk about it but don't vent it on someone! That is absolutely not good for her health complex. I hope she still stays strong despite all that.Music was excellent during this scene as well.

At last the whole scene after Okazaki talks with his father at the prison place made me T_T T_T the reason is because he totally lost control of his anger and started to punch the wall like without any restrain to the point of damaging his skin and veins under his knuckles. Also I T_T because Okazaki finally said the magical words! Kekonshio which means Nagisa marry me! :D Yay! Yay! Yay! Finally! Boku shiawase! Music was perfect during that scene!

Seems next episode will be about the whole marriage situation and explanation with Nagisa's mother. This would be formal thing in Japan before marrying daughter. Yes?

1.Made me T_T a lot
2.Finally the scene of the magical words.

In spoiler
1.Okazaki...ouch! :(
2.Yoshino. T_T
3.I thank Ibuki sensei for saving from the dark death depression Yoshino. He really needed it that time her care. Glad it resolved and man was it T_T

After subs thoughts

I got the chance to watch this subbed finally. Yes, very busy from the looks of it. Certain things I learned of more is that indeed it is always important to never lose sight was is important to you! Yoshino by realizing this with Ibuki-sensei really did save his life after all.

I wish I had a girl like Nagisa say things like being with me forever and I will follow you anywhere.

I also do not think that blaming yourself is the right way but many times I myself do that except that I tend to try to do something about it even if it means a prayer to thee Lord father of Jesus (Christian practices).

It does suck to lose some chance to get more money due to a promotion coming up just cause some stupid relative got arrested. That truly sucked and I know certain persons that would kill for this most likely such a friend as one who lost a movies title because the girl who got him popular is cheating on him.

I wonder what kind of dangerous substance dealings were being made? Could it be drugs?

I also liked the gentleness of Nagisa and her great advices to Okazaki.

I
once again
T_T

Guess Clannad is that good!
slayer545-samaDec 22, 2008 4:31 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 18, 2008 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
Another big step inbetween those two after ep22 of S1. Yes it _had_ to go on, there's much left of the storyline (I already spoilered myself ~.~), and we're already at mid-season.

AsianQuickSilver said:
Popping the question really seems unreasonable CONSIDERING THEY NEVER KISSED.

pious Catholicism?
Dec 19, 2008 2:37 AM

Nov 2007

Marriage meeting attire? Woot for Nagisa :3. Overall I think Im still a little dissatisfied since it was pretty anti-climatic, but since I'm a NagisaxTomoya supporter what the hell anyways.
\
Dec 19, 2008 2:51 AM

Jul 2008
Sorry, but I found it pretty damn funny when Tomoya's dad was just sitting there with a smirk on his face while Tomoya was getting pissed off to all hell.

Pretty interesting stuff overall though, and I do hope that they get a little bit farther than holding hands before the marriage actually happens.
Dec 19, 2008 3:11 AM

Nov 2008
Factor said:
Sorry, but I found it pretty damn funny when Tomoya's dad was just sitting there with a smirk on his face while Tomoya was getting pissed off to all hell.

Pretty interesting stuff overall though, and I do hope that they get a little bit farther than holding hands before the marriage actually happens.

I think the hand holding is a nice small step once again after all that happened. You are right that they should take a bigger step before marriage so they are ready for their kiss. I wonder what that can be? But you know these might be the rare people who really save their first kiss for marriage and that is very beautiful and extremely rare these days to do such a thing.
Dec 19, 2008 4:44 AM
Mar 2008
Loved this episode, especially the climax at the end. That showed how much they love each other, and I mean the true meaning of love.
Tomoya, out of the blue, went "Marry me" and Nagisa, immediately, "Yes". Who cares of the kiss, that is enough :)
Dec 19, 2008 8:13 AM

Mar 2008
man the ending made me cry. it was dramatic and brilliant. loved it. best ep in this season by far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2008 9:33 AM

Dec 2008
Wow, the marriage question at the end was really unexpected.
And Tomoya's dad getting arrested was also a shock.

Guess the title fits this episode really well this time!

-YuukiHime <3
you are my master.
Dec 19, 2008 10:26 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode, Tomoya just asked her to marry him on a whim because his feelings were all messed up at the time, so i don't find the timing of the proposal to be too strange.
Dec 19, 2008 10:54 AM

Jul 2008
Good episode as always :)
Dec 19, 2008 11:26 AM

Apr 2008
as far as the order of things being weird, as per the game they have kissed already, they were supposed to during the baseball game. also, the relationship between nagisa and tomoya is purposefully made devoid of physical affection. due to the fact that many visual novels are adult games, key made very clear that they were focusing on the romantic love between nagisa and tomoya rather than the physical.

Dec 19, 2008 11:31 AM

Nov 2008
saxdemigod said:
as far as the order of things being weird, as per the game they have kissed already, they were supposed to during the baseball game. also, the relationship between nagisa and tomoya is purposefully made devoid of physical affection. due to the fact that many visual novels are adult games, key made very clear that they were focusing on the romantic love between nagisa and tomoya rather than the physical.

Throws up?
Dec 19, 2008 11:45 AM

Nov 2007
how cute T_T
Dec 19, 2008 12:52 PM

Jul 2008
I loved this episode!! Best episode so far.

Dec 19, 2008 2:08 PM

Aug 2008
He're is the deal: TOMOYA is the most realistic anime character ever done for it's emotions. It HITS me every time. Did you ever tried hitting a wall because you went looking for someone at the bar...won't come ... Well the wall is the best place to hit by law.This serie is the BEST.

slayer545-sama said:
What follows is another most T_T moment for me this season of Clannad, had friends die of this. Things went really bad for Yoshino from then on, things did not work out at all. He lost his fame, his popularity, his place in the music charts and complete motivation. The moment after made me T_T because so much people died cause of this: Elvis Presley to name a one. that would be Heroine/Cocaine through syringe injection in other words drugs of the most dangerous caliber. Man that hit me so hard because of personal life. Music during entire scene of this was perfect and great!

At last the whole scene after Okazaki talks with his father at the prison place made me T_T T_T the reason is because he totally lost control of his anger and started to punch the wall like without any restrain to the point of damaging his skin and veins under his knuckles.

Well so true, but I'd say controling anger is usually something difficult when it goes to high emotions like this... I'd say his father probalbly act the same way and his son without wanting it acts the same way. It's lame but ... it just happens. You act like you have seen it be act or else you invent. Well this serie is the "slife of life" since it reaches evry one...
Through jobs, future, music, etc...

Dec 19, 2008 2:25 PM

Aug 2008
It seems Clannad After Story will stop broadcasting for 2 weeks. It'll be back on 1.9
Dec 19, 2008 2:35 PM

Nov 2007
Uminekko said:
It seems Clannad After Story will stop broadcasting for 2 weeks. It'll be back on 1.9

Arg! Worst. News. Ever

Great episode, its good to see the strength of the Tomoya/Nagisa relationship, something thats been a bit lacking throughout this series.

Also great to see Nagisa supporting Tomoya, both of these characters have grown a lot over the past few episodes, which to be honest have been the best of the series so far.

Possibly because I can relate to them more, certainly the whole early promotion/starter job thing Tomoya is experiencing.

In terms of not seeing them kissing etc, ive always assumed that their intimate offscreen, the implication is they spend a lot of time together, id guess Nagisas staying late/over at Tomoyas given her fathers comment about not seeing her much anymore.

To be honest if they were canoodling all the time id soon get bored of watching, im kinda glad its focusing on the emotional side of their relationship rather then the physical...
Dec 19, 2008 3:07 PM

Jul 2008
draker said:
Loved this episode, especially the climax at the end. That showed how much they love each other, and I mean the true meaning of love.
Tomoya, out of the blue, went "Marry me" and Nagisa, immediately, "Yes". Who cares of the kiss, that is enough :)

Couldn't have said it better. =)
Dec 19, 2008 3:53 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode!!

good insight to Yoshino's past rock star life and how it didn't turn out how he wanted but Ibuki was always there for him :3

Nagisa and Okazaki omg so adorable at the end asking her to marry him!

looking forward to the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2008 4:18 PM
Sep 2007
Naww :3 That was so cute.
Dec 19, 2008 4:25 PM

Mar 2008
Ladies and Gentleman: Clannad.
Dec 19, 2008 4:58 PM

Oct 2007
it was good until the "incident" happened. I found the pacing in this episode weird.
Dec 19, 2008 5:19 PM

Nov 2007
So that's Yoshino's story, great episode! Glad that Yoshino taught him morals, unfair what happened to Tomoya at the beginning then when they said they'd get married that made the episode worth it ^_^! Glad they're finally going to go that extra step, next episode should be just as good!
Dec 19, 2008 5:47 PM

May 2008
there it is.... a certain long awaited moment made manifest in anime... who needs a rings and a fancy restaurant to propose? good old honesty and true love.

Dec 19, 2008 5:49 PM

Dec 2008
Personally, I found this episode to be a pretty good one.
I laughed too at Tomoya's father when he just sat there all calm & reserved.

~Abs
Dec 19, 2008 6:08 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode!

Yoshino's story was probably the best story so far in the entire series. It let you see the other side of him you never saw before.

The second half with Tomoya was just emotional, and touching at the end. Good thing that he's with Nagisa, or else he would of loss a girlfriend there.

Overall, I give this episode 10/10.
Dec 19, 2008 6:19 PM

Nov 2008
Gradation said:
Great episode!

Yoshino's story was probably the best story so far in the entire series. It let you see the other side of him you never saw before.

The second half with Tomoya was just emotional, and touching at the end. Good thing that he's with Nagisa, or else he would of loss a girlfriend there.

Overall, I give this episode 10/10.

Agreed with you and now Yoshino is next to Okazaki in my list so far in the guys ranking of Clannad he got bumped up so much due to this story as you can read from my review of this episode.

I would give it 20/10 :P
Dec 19, 2008 6:55 PM

Jan 2008
Heart_of_Storm said:
In terms of not seeing them kissing etc, ive always assumed that their intimate offscreen, the implication is they spend a lot of time together, id guess Nagisas staying late/over at Tomoyas given her fathers comment about not seeing her much anymore. To be honest if they were canoodling all the time id soon get bored of watching, im kinda glad its focusing on the emotional side of their relationship rather then the physical...

This is how I've thought of it as well. The writters have left it as implied instead of a story element. They (the writters) must know what they're doing, after all, they have us all hanging on thread for each successive episode.
Dec 19, 2008 7:18 PM

Jul 2008
I agree that just because they haven't shown Nagisa and Tomoya kissing doesn't mean they haven't kissed already. On every forum, there's a bunch of people complaining about how unrealistic it is that they'd get married before kissing, but I've never seen it that way. After a while in this series, I just figured that they were kissing and such, it's just not showed.

I think they're relationship is so strong that they don't have to have physical connect at all because their emotions are so strong, kissing and even holding hands is not needed to show how close they are. I think if they were that lovey dovey with each other I'd get sick of it.

Uminekko said:

Is there confirmation on this? I've seen plenty of rumors, but all of the credible sites I've seen don't say there's going to be a break. They all say the next episode is on as usual.
patient_sensesDec 19, 2008 7:23 PM
Dec 19, 2008 7:54 PM
Dec 2007
BAAAAWW.
That ending was spectacular. Tomoya x Nagisa all the way.
Dec 19, 2008 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
Yoshino's story almost made me cry >< but if only guests weren't here most probably I'd be crying buckets T_T and I'm wanting to hear him sing! That would be good enough for fanservice <3

Tomoya's dad... well, I dunno if I should be hating him or not. For once I thought he had changed but then he was sent to jail! And when the Tomoya couple visited him he merely smiled... if that smile signified him being happy abt Tomoya coming to see him, then... if he were truly caring about Tomoya then he shouldn't have done that bad thing in the first place! >< And w00t for the tomoya-nagisa lovey-dovey scenes >////<

slayer545-sama said:
I really want a wife like Nagisa more.

And I'm wanting a hubby like Tomoya moar~
Dec 19, 2008 11:34 PM

May 2008
Awesome episode. The ending was WHAT!!!!
Tomoya-kun does have a really good reason for hating his dad. It sucks so much that he lost that awesome job because of his father.
When i saw his father just smiling there i really wanted to punch him cuz he has been hurting Tomoya-kun.

Cant wait till the next episode!!!
Dec 20, 2008 1:22 AM

Mar 2008
gdrocks said:
Awesome episode. The ending was WHAT!!!!
Tomoya-kun does have a really good reason for hating his dad. It sucks so much that he lost that awesome job because of his father.
When i saw his father just smiling there i really wanted to punch him cuz he has been hurting Tomoya-kun.

wolfsrainXD said:
Tomoya's dad... well, I dunno if I should be hating him or not. For once I thought he had changed but then he was sent to jail! And when the Tomoya couple visited him he merely smiled... if that smile signified him being happy abt Tomoya coming to see him, then... if he were truly caring about Tomoya then he shouldn't have done that bad thing in the first place! >< And w00t for the tomoya-nagisa lovey-dovey scenes >////<

Naoyuki's reaction (Tomoya's father) is up for interpretation. But! He didn't know that being arrested would cause Tomoya to lose a job promotion. Has he really been trying to hurt Tomoya? Tomoya's been the one to ignore his father and abandon him. Perhaps Tomoya has been misinterpreting his father's feelings all this time?
Dec 20, 2008 2:54 AM

Oct 2008
I just can't get enough of After Story. T_T Nagisa and Tomoya are the golden couple, I love them to death. Episode 12 was the best so far, imo... :D

Impatiently waiting for episode 13 <3
Dec 20, 2008 2:55 AM

Oct 2008
MasterOot said:
there it is.... a certain long awaited moment made manifest in anime... who needs a rings and a fancy restaurant to propose? good old honesty and true love.

Beautifully said
Dec 20, 2008 8:46 AM

Jul 2008
wah what a suddenly purpose, but i loved it <3, was also good to see yoshinos story.
next time it will be interesting, nagisas parents meet tomoyas father. but i dont know what to say, clannad become more a real life simulation, dont knwo if its good or bad, but i think i enjoyed the high school time more, because i could identify with tomoya. lets see how it will end.

Dec 20, 2008 9:53 AM

Jun 2008
wolfsrainXD said:

me too! I'm so jealous of Nagisa D:
Dec 20, 2008 10:05 AM

Nov 2008
hirahira said:
wolfsrainXD said:

Oh you girls, are so funny but Yoshino would make a great hubby also and Sunohara has his charm on girls too. :D
Dec 20, 2008 10:44 AM

Jul 2008
Couldnt wait SS-Eclipse they're pretty late...

Yoshino's stroy was awesome gotta love him more :3
Gosh now they are going marry yay!! What a romance it was <3
Dec 20, 2008 10:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very eventful episode. Yoshino's story was great - Tomoya's father getting arrested and ruining the deal was unexpected though. Gotta love Nagisa, too. Awesome episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 20, 2008 10:54 AM

Feb 2008
Interesting episode.
I liked Yoshino's story. I continue to dislike Tomoya's dad even more. Tomoya's unique "marriage proposal" was nice. :3
Dec 20, 2008 12:11 PM

Apr 2008
Enjoyed this episode a lot :)

Yoshino's story was nice, I but love the end more <3

mEdiApAcKDec 20, 2008 12:57 PM

Dec 20, 2008 1:50 PM

Oct 2008
It's good that in the end, Tomoya can now see beyond the bad luck from his dad to the good luck of having Nagisa. She's nearly perfect: cute, caring, loyal, understanding and low maintenance. No pomp and circumstance needed for a proposal, nice. Only thing that makes her not perfect is her health.

Another fine episode.
Dec 20, 2008 2:00 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic episode, the end was especially well directed. The theme of family (the prominent one in Clannad) begins to be very important from now on, and that has been very clear in this episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 20, 2008 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
I LOVE CLANNAD <3~!!!!!!
Oh my god I couldn't control my tears. It was just so emotional and, everything. Tomoya's visit to his dad, punching the wall, Nagisa and him dropping to the floor, that whole scene had me bawling. I fucking love Clannad. & You Tomoya, and Nagisa. Words cannot explain how I feel about you two.

vv don't read this unless you played game, and or seen movie

Yoshino's past was so sad, I didn't suspect that is how it all actually happened. The guilt, everything was horribly sad. T__T; I'm glad I got to know more about him, and how he lost things reflect how Tomoya didn't get that job he wanted in the end, arg.

Nagisa and Tomoya marrying each other! What more could I possibly ask for! Yahoo, oh wait, there is one thing...for Clannad to air next week! Damn it -__- that's okay that's okay...I don't want it to end.

sdjadalkdsak, no CLANNAD for two weeks? Are you KIDDING! Oh my goodness I'm going to die! Nooooo!
Dec 20, 2008 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
Tomoya! Invite me to your wedding!!!
Dec 20, 2008 3:16 PM

Jul 2007
Tomoya is Crying too much lately tt
And i liked him to much when he fought with Sunohara and the Gank leader -.-
Well anyways it was indeed a nice episode. I believe the REAL thing is starting from the next 1 or 2 eps.Since until now we had like 4-5 mini arcs. Not that they werent enjoyable though.
Dec 20, 2008 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
slayer545-sama said:
hirahira said:
wolfsrainXD said:

Oh you girls, are so funny but Yoshino would make a great hubby also and Sunohara has his charm on girls too. :D

LOL. Yoshino's unsociable u gotta adore his charms, Yohei's a good object for ridicule, and Tomoya's simply... uh... caring... so I'm all for Tomoya!
Dec 20, 2008 6:34 PM

Sep 2007
slayer545-sama said:
saxdemigod said:

Throws up?

...LOL /me headdesks into the screen

This was a strange episode. Yuusuke is putting lots of emphasis on being with your significant other and Tomoya is definitely being influenced by him. And then suddenly his father pops back into the equation. Even with his shaky relationship with his father, I don't think Tomoya should've just blindly ignored him up completely for the whole series. In a way, I think he was too caught up trying to care for Nagisa without thinking of what's around him.
WasabiDec 20, 2008 6:40 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

725 by H8trs »»
Yesterday, 9:37 AM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.