Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 29, 2013 10:59 PM

Aug 2012
Hi everybody. I'm a little stuck on what anime I want to watch next. I'm newish to anime still, so my completed list isn't uber long yet. Anyways, I'd like to shorten my PTW list and would like to know which ones on there I should watch next based on my other ratings. Dark, bloody stuff is normally my favorite type, but I can watch a variety of genres.

If you see something not on my PTW list that you think I'd enjoy, go ahead and post that here too! Thanks again, everyone!
Mar 29, 2013 11:00 PM

Jun 2012
Redline

Monster

Baccano

Don't watch Sword Art...
Mar 29, 2013 11:01 PM

Jul 2012
Watch Mobile Suit Gundam so you can watch Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam probably the best Gudam series
MaorMar 29, 2013 11:32 PM
הלב שלי כבר מת
Mar 29, 2013 11:01 PM

Feb 2012
I'd go with "Another" if you like dark bloody type.

Btooom! is also very good, so is Sword Art Online.
Mar 29, 2013 11:02 PM
May 2010
Dark bloody vibe -
Another
Psycho-Pass
Shinsekai Yori and Shiki are not on your list but they are must watch according to your taste
Mar 29, 2013 11:10 PM

Jun 2012
1000x Sword Art Online
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 29, 2013 11:12 PM

Nov 2012
Sword online Art
Mar 29, 2013 11:13 PM

Jul 2012
Guys stop recommending him shit.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Mar 29, 2013 11:19 PM

May 2012
Another
Fate/Zero
Samurai Champloo
Psycho-Pass
Blood+
Mar 29, 2013 11:20 PM

Jun 2012
Sword Art Online, for suuuure.

Mar 29, 2013 11:23 PM

Nov 2012
Seconding SAO
Mar 29, 2013 11:24 PM
May 2010
Houndthree said:

I can't believe so many recommending SAO. It's good but not that great.
Mar 29, 2013 11:29 PM

Jun 2012
LanaNi said:
Houndthree said:

Feel free to point out where in his post he asked for a great anime.

Mar 29, 2013 11:29 PM

Nov 2012
LanaNi said:
Houndthree said:

>Not that Great
>Rated 9 - Great
I don't believe you.
Mar 30, 2013 12:21 AM

Jan 2013
Monster
Baccano!
Fate/Zero
Psycho-Pass
Mar 30, 2013 1:06 AM

Apr 2012
Another
Baccano!
Berserk
Blue Gender
Monster
Samurai Champloo
Mar 30, 2013 2:34 AM

May 2008
You know, I've never heard of SOA, but boy, these statistics are undeniable!

I mean, it's so good that someone that doesn't even think it's "great" gives it a 9/10. Hypnotism?!

Hey OP, want to watch SOA together? I think it'll be really fun!
Mar 30, 2013 2:37 AM

Apr 2009
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Redline

Monster

Baccano

Don't watch Sword Art...

Seconding this.
You shouldn't recommend him SAo, he might believe you and like it...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 30, 2013 2:50 AM

May 2008
Nidhoeggr said:

I don't understand. Why don't you want him to like it? If he likes it, he likes it.

And really, an anime that's scored by 86413 users and gets as high as an 8.35?! And with a distribution like this:

only 7.3% (3.2+1.9+.9+.6+.7) of MAL don't like it or think it merely average. Why should we listen to only this small percentage of users with bad taste?

92.7% of 86413 people here like or love it. Why shouldn't we?
Mar 30, 2013 2:54 AM

Apr 2009
FauxAzn said:
Nidhoeggr said:

I don't understand. Why don't you want him to like it? If he likes it, he likes it.

And really, an anime that's scored by 86413 users and gets as high as an 8.35?! And with a distribution like this:

only 7.3% (3.2+1.9+.9+.6+.7) of MAL don't like it or think it merely average. Why should we listen to only this small percentage of users with bad taste?

Popularity =/= quality, that is one of the oldest fallacies known to mankind. Especially when you consider that most people who rate SAO highly lack a sufficient basis of comparision within the genre to judge it accurately.
Mar 30, 2013 3:01 AM

May 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
FauxAzn said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Popularity =/= quality, that is one of the oldest fallacies known to mankind. Especially when you consider that most people who rate SAo highly lack a sufficient basis of comparision within the genre to judge it accurately.

But it's not just popularity, it's the scores too. Anyway, I think I'll trust what 86413 people have to say over what one single hater has to say. And boy, you should get off your tropospherically high horse, telling 86413 people that they don't know how to rate anime!

Are you a troll? Please don't troll, it's not nice =(
Mar 30, 2013 3:04 AM

Apr 2009
FauxAzn said:

But it's not just popularity, it's the scores too. Anyway, I think I'll trust what 86413 people have to say over what one single hater has to say. And boy, you sound like someone who's on a very high horse, telling 86413 people that they don't know how to rate anime!

Whom do you trust more when asking for good book recommendations? The 14-year old girl that has only read Twilight and recommends it as the best book ever written or the 40-year old literary critic that recommends you a dozen titles that are considered classics? It's the same with anime.

Sturgeon's Law says that 90% of everything is crap. This is not limited to fictional output...
Mar 30, 2013 3:21 AM

May 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
FauxAzn said:

But it's not just popularity, it's the scores too. Anyway, I think I'll trust what 86413 people have to say over what one single hater has to say. And boy, you sound like someone who's on a very high horse, telling 86413 people that they don't know how to rate anime!

Whom do you trust more when asking for good book recommendations? The 14-year old girl that has only read Twilight and recommends it as the best book ever written or the 40-year old literary critic that recommends you a dozen titles that are considered classics? It's the same with anime.

Sturgeon's Law says that 90% of everything is crap. This is not limited to fictional output...

Who do you think you are getting off telling all 92.7% of 86413 people that they have immature taste?! How do you know all of them? Do you have proof? At least I was able to provide sound statistics. It's as if you believe almost everyone in MAL are likened to those that "only read Twilight". Does Sturgeon's Law also apply to people? So you're saying 90% of people are "crap"? Seriously, listen to yourself! Absolutely ridiculous.

*sigh*, we're getting off topic. I'm through talking to trolls. Sorry OP, I just can't stand the amount of hypocrisy in this thread. First we have LanaNi saying SOA is "not that great" yet he/she/it rates it 9/10. Then we have this troll telling people that "he might believe you and like it", as if liking an anime is a bad thing. I mean, I don't know what his problem is against SOA, but being of the incredibly low minority in MAL, only 7.3% of us, he really shouldn't be recommending jack on SOA.
Mar 30, 2013 3:26 AM
Sep 2011
FauxAzn said:
Nidhoeggr said:
FauxAzn said:

Who do you think you are getting off telling all 92.7% of 86413 people that they have immature taste?! How do you know all of them? Do you have proof? At least I was able to provide sound statistics. It's as if you believe almost everyone in MAL are likened to those that "only read Twilight". Does Sturgeon's Law also apply to people? So you're saying 90% of people are "crap"? Seriously, listen to yourself! Absolutely ridiculous.

*sigh*, we're getting off topic. I'm through talking to trolls. Sorry OP, I just can't stand the amount of hypocrisy in this thread. First we have LanaNi saying SOA is "not that great" yet he/she/it rates it 9/10. Then we have this troll telling people that "he might believe you and like it", as if liking an anime is a bad thing. I mean, I don't know what his problem is against SOA, but being of the incredibly low minority in MAL, only 7.3% of us, he really shouldn't be recommending jack on SOA.

By that logic, Justin Bieber is the best musician the world has seen.
Mar 30, 2013 3:27 AM

Oct 2012
Kurisshi said:
FauxAzn said:
Nidhoeggr said:
FauxAzn said:

He isn't?
Mar 30, 2013 3:27 AM
Jun 2012
Fate zero
SAO
Steins gate
baccano!

you won't go wrong with the list above ^
Mar 30, 2013 3:29 AM

Apr 2009
FauxAzn said:
Nidhoeggr said:
FauxAzn said:

Of course, you just don't understand my uber-elitism.
And since should anyone obdiently bow down to the opinion of the majority? Read some Tocqueville.
It's like you really don't get sarcasm.
Mar 30, 2013 3:31 AM

May 2008
Kurisshi said:
FauxAzn said:

But the fact of the matter is, we all know that fans of Twilight and Bieber are 14-year-old girls. How do we know that 86413 of SOA raters on MAL are like that? MAL's not only targeted toward those with immature taste, people. *sigh*
Mar 30, 2013 3:35 AM

Apr 2009
FauxAzn said:

But the fact of the matter is, we all know that fans of Twilight and Bieber are 14-year-old girls. How do we know that 86413 of SOA raters on MAL are like that? MAL's not only targeted toward those with immature taste, people. *sigh*

Then how come most people who recommend SAO or ask for similar anime on MAL fail to grasp the basic rules of English grammar?
Mar 30, 2013 3:38 AM

May 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
FauxAzn said:

Then how come most people who recommend SAO on MAL fail to grasp the basic rules of English grammar?

PROVE.

IT.

Stop talking out of your ass, and actually provide some live examples like I have. Otherwise, you're nothin' but a troll that for whatever reason wants everyone to hate SOA.
Mar 30, 2013 3:41 AM
Sep 2011
FauxAzn said:

Bieber is marketed to 13-17 year old girls, henche why this population like it.
SAO is a shonen, wich is targeted at 13-17 year old boys, wich we can say is most of its fanbase.
Mar 30, 2013 3:43 AM

Apr 2009
FauxAzn said:
Nidhoeggr said:
FauxAzn said:

Then how come most people who recommend SAO on MAL fail to grasp the basic rules of English grammar?

PROVE.

IT.

Stop talking out of your ass, and actually provide some live examples like I have. Otherwise, you're nothin' but a troll that for whatever reason wants everyone to hate SOA.

Just look around in this subforum and click on any thread that ask for "animes like SAO" "anime's similar to sao". There are more than enough examples, some are even on the first page.
You are an easy target. You should chill off and don't take this so serious. I mean, look at my signature...
Mar 30, 2013 4:12 AM
May 2012
Sword Art Online
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online

Seriously. don't listen to haters, it is awesome.
Mar 30, 2013 5:02 AM

Sep 2012
the Alfheim arc is bullcrap though :u
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2013 2:58 PM

Aug 2012
Well, this topic got more controversial than I expected. Lol. Anyways, thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'll be sure to check some of them out soon!

More topics from this board

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
43 minutes ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

5 by MeguSae38 »»
1 hour ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
3 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - 10 hours ago

3 by vasipi4946 »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.