Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2013 9:09 AM

May 2010
Anyone know if/when this is getting a dvd/blu-ray release? Or when it will be streaming or something somewhere? I am just wondering because I want to know if I will ever be able to see it.
Mar 29, 2013 12:32 AM

Sep 2012
not sure about streaming, that could happen whenever (or it being uploaded to torrent sites)
but im pretty sure i heard an interview or something where shinkai said that its going to be a bonus feature on the garden of words dvd/bluray.

and that gets released in cinemas in may, so maybe a december bluray release?
Mar 29, 2013 7:27 AM

May 2010
eldest said:
not sure about streaming, that could happen whenever (or it being uploaded to torrent sites)
but im pretty sure i heard an interview or something where shinkai said that its going to be a bonus feature on the garden of words dvd/bluray.

Oh awesome and actually,

From May 31st, as the same day of theatrical release starts, "Kotonoha no Niwa" Blu-ray&DVD will be sold at theaters showing Kotonoha. General release of this Blu-ray and DVD is on June 21st. Blu-ray&DVD incluede Japanese, English, and Chinese subtitle.

This is from CoMix Wave Films / Makoto Shinkai's official facebook page. So that means it will be out pretty soon possibly.
Mar 29, 2013 12:40 PM

Sep 2012
Fletchaaa said:
eldest said:

Oh awesome and actually,

From May 31st, as the same day of theatrical release starts, "Kotonoha no Niwa" Blu-ray&DVD will be sold at theaters showing Kotonoha. General release of this Blu-ray and DVD is on June 21st. Blu-ray&DVD incluede Japanese, English, and Chinese subtitle.

This is from CoMix Wave Films / Makoto Shinkai's official facebook page. So that means it will be out pretty soon possibly.

reallly?
awesome. is there any word on how long it is, is it just a 5 minute short or is it more like voices of a distant star and closer to 30 mins?
Apr 3, 2013 8:43 AM

May 2010
eldest said:
Fletchaaa said:
eldest said:

Oh awesome and actually,

reallly?
awesome. is there any word on how long it is, is it just a 5 minute short or is it more like voices of a distant star and closer to 30 mins?

Unfortunately I believe it is a short, but don't quote me on that.
Apr 3, 2013 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
Fletchaaa said:
eldest said:
Fletchaaa said:
eldest said:

Oh awesome and actually,

reallly?

Unfortunately I believe it is a short, but don't quote me on that.

yeah i saw the write up for the gold coast world premiere, 46 minutes.
so its between voices of a distant star and 5cm per seconds running length

good thing i wont have to wait long to see it
Jun 2, 2013 3:35 AM
Dec 2011
Any confirmation of this appearing on the bluray? I read confirmation a while ago where at stated this was playing along with Kotonoha no Niwa. Maybe that is where confusion occurred? It seems logical it would be on the bluray though. The article says that "the film will be offered on iTunes at the same time that the film opens in Japan on May 31." Of course it was talking about Kotonoha no Niwa playing with it prior so I don't know if it was just referring to that, but it doesn't seem the case to me. I don't use iTunes (have android so I don't bother with it) can someone with iTunes confirm?

Here is a link to ANN article I mentioned if anyone cares.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-22/shinkai-garden-of-words-to-be-screened-with-dareka-no-manazashi
Jun 2, 2013 6:13 AM

Sep 2012
dobbs said:
Any confirmation of this appearing on the bluray? I read confirmation a while ago where at stated this was playing along with Kotonoha no Niwa. Maybe that is where confusion occurred? It seems logical it would be on the bluray though. The article says that "the film will be offered on iTunes at the same time that the film opens in Japan on May 31." Of course it was talking about Kotonoha no Niwa playing with it prior so I don't know if it was just referring to that, but it doesn't seem the case to me. I don't use iTunes (have android so I don't bother with it) can someone with iTunes confirm?

Here is a link to ANN article I mentioned if anyone cares.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-22/shinkai-garden-of-words-to-be-screened-with-dareka-no-manazashi

no one seems to know so far? the early bluray copies didnt seem to have it. and i dont see where else he would release it. ill just wait till june 21 for the official release, maybe the early blurays didnt have it.
Jun 24, 2013 6:59 PM

Sep 2012
welp, just got my bluray of kotonoha no niwa, Dareka no Manazashi isnt on it sadly, so i dont know how anyone is meant to be able to see this?
maybe it was a cinema only extra, because as far as i can tell, thats the only place it has been seen
Sep 13, 2013 1:14 AM

Sep 2012
Sep 13, 2013 2:00 AM

Sep 2012
The CM is owned by Nomura Fudousan now and so unlikely to bundled with Kotonoha no Niwa BD/DVD. Anybody who said he "heard" it would be must have been duped. The video is only available for the public to watch now because Nomura is kind enough to upload it on youtube, but that's about it. It is the same as the Taisei Kensetsu CM Shinkai did some time back. He only made the anime CM and when it was done he no longer had the ownership of it.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dareka no Manazashi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

108 by JVskunkape »»
Today, 12:45 AM

» Preview

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2013

5 by tsubasalover »»
Apr 12, 2013 2:24 AM

» The Garden of Worlds Trailer

bastek66 - Feb 23, 2013

1 by Kiraly »»
Feb 23, 2013 6:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.