Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2013 7:23 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Makie’s swan song... somehow, her death still hasn't quite hit me yet.

“Final Round"…

“FIGTH!!”

Anotsu better cut down this maniacally obsessed old man fast if he plans on beating this game's final boss duo of Rin and Manji, who both should have had a chance to 'regenerate health' completely, having ended a brutal battle of their own for quite some time now. XD
LunaMay 3, 2017 2:47 AM
HAPPY SCANS!
Bringing the COOL in old school!
Mar 26, 2013 12:26 PM
Apr 2012
And once again they kill off the most bad-ass character in a rather pathetic way...
This happens way too often, stop this shit!! Let her die from 100000 people attacking her not by some 10 bitches shooting her in the BACK with rifles.
I sure am glad to see hanabusa die though.
Mar 26, 2013 8:14 PM
Jul 2011
In some ways I hate Makie's death but this way of dying seems to be a common thing in samurai fiction. They almost always have this super badass character die by random gunfire from super low tier goons.

I felt more sad for Ryo's death, she didn't even get final lines or a moment like Makie (granted she was no where near as badass as Makie but still).

It was nice to Hanabusa scumbag get his due.
*Anoutsu rapeface*
Hanabusa: "Habaki halp!!1.
Hakabi: "Sorry sir for I am teh blinds lulz"
Mar 27, 2013 4:32 PM

Mar 2013
Another enjoyable chapter.

But perhaps I was the only one satisfied with Makie's death? In truth, I had expected - and wanted, her to die of tuberculosis, but that was not to be although I am barely disappointed.

Think about it - Makie is the greatest swordsman of Itto-ryu, and perhaps the greatest in the entirety of the manga. To fell her to a named enemy in whatever duel there may be, is to belittle her. Dying in a blaze of glory, and to not a great foe, but a lone stray bullet in the midst of battle is the greatest honour we could offer her.

Besides, it fits with the theme of the futility of battle and death that prevails in many Samurai manga such as this one, which fits so well.
Apr 24, 2017 11:27 AM

Dec 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Fucking Hanabusa...that coward man.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 21, 2018 10:57 PM

Oct 2013
The best manga chapter I have ever read, hands down. RIP Makie.
May 13, 2022 12:27 PM
Feb 2021
Thank God that annoying little bitch is finally dead.
Also RIP Make,she was one of the best characters
Aug 4, 2023 3:41 PM
May 2019
Two foes from opposing factions who lost everything fighting for their ideals. They have nothing to lose now...

RIP Makie, RIP Ryo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 207 Discussion

kusushi - Feb 24, 2013

24 by H_Erifu »»
Mar 21, 12:44 AM

» Is the English version still readable?

Gawdly - Feb 17

6 by mobpsycho-lover »»
Feb 19, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 30 Discussion

ricardocsc - Dec 19, 2012

1 by H_Erifu »»
Jan 21, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 206 Discussion

VitaX - May 11, 2013

6 by sasuke100 »»
Aug 6, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 204 Discussion

a1oner - Apr 23, 2013

6 by sasuke100 »»
Aug 5, 2023 3:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.