Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 23, 2013 5:41 PM

Nov 2012
This was intense, 5/5 for this ep :D

At least they extended this one fight, so we have an epic final here ^_^

Yeah... final, next week it all ends, what a pity, the anime is on such a high level right now and they end it right away, idiots.

Let's hope for an awesome final guys, I'm looking forward for the last episode of Fairy Tail.
Mar 23, 2013 5:47 PM
Dec 2012
jinxo said:
the one thing i always find silly about shounen fights is why do they wait til the very end to show their "true" power all this powering up over and over..oh well was an entertaining fight to leave off on.

This is what happens when they go all in too soon:

Mar 23, 2013 6:56 PM
Mar 2013
I'd like to see Natsu go all out Dragon Force on Sting and Rogue. It's been too long since I've seen him do it.
Mar 23, 2013 7:02 PM
Oct 2012
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
cant wait for next week!!
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
Mar 23, 2013 7:32 PM

Jul 2010
This is a case where the manga was WAY too fast and made the fight look way short when it wasn't.
I love the fact we got to see more Sting and Rogue in action than in then in the manga.
I just love the White / shadow drive so awesome,the effects,sound awesome.
I really enjoyed the battle and the comedy in it too.
Mar 23, 2013 7:55 PM

Oct 2012
no no no no , theirs no way you can stop an episode right when their at their comeback... ahh i want to see the fight, its was so cool.

Mar 23, 2013 8:49 PM

Jan 2011
While it's nice that they have a long fight (well, half was flashbacks, showing the other guys of FT/ST or the announcers), i so hoped for them to end it in one go. A one hour special would have been nice as someone mentioned.

And Levy crushing Lily..that poor cat.

Also, who the hell made the rules for the fights? It's totally up to the pumpkin (unless someone else has a serious interest in a specific result) when to stop the fight. Sometimes he stopped it the moment the first hits where exchanged, more or less randomly choosing a winner, othertimes like now while FT is down for quite some time and not even twitching the fight goes on and on and on..

There is no obvious in universe reason why he didn't stop it right after the first attack of FT, or after ST striked back, or when FT was winning again, before ST activated Dragon Force. Unless he somehow knows when the fight really is decided, even when now one else can tell. Which leads me to the question why he took so long to end the naval battle, everyone could see Lucy was in no position to fight back the next few weeks/months.

The randomness of this annoyed me all the time, this even topped the naval battle where he simply letthe fight continue despite the winner already decided.
Mar 23, 2013 8:57 PM
Aug 2011
Man I thought it was sad when Lector is all "Yay Sting-kun! -kept his promise-"

..and then Natsu and Gajeel get back up in which they crush that little happy moment of theirs.
Mar 24, 2013 3:52 AM

Apr 2012
I had hight hopes for this ep and now i feel kind a disappointed. Some parts reminded me dbz .
Mar 24, 2013 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:

Episode 50 says otherwise or did you ignore that?

What, the episode where Lucy thought Natsu liked her and didn't know how to react to it, and then it turned out to be nothing?
That episode meant nothing but comic relief.
Mar 24, 2013 6:57 AM

Apr 2008
SergioSource said:
Darklight0303 said:

Episode 50 says otherwise or did you ignore that?

What, the episode where Lucy thought Natsu liked her and didn't know how to react to it, and then it turned out to be nothing?
That episode meant nothing but comic relief.

If you take it at face value yes. Also the chapter where Cana made her prediction about her fateful encounter? The fact that Natsu remembered to the day the exact date Lucy joined FT. I could go on and on but I get the feeling you wouldn't accept any argument so I won't bother.
Mar 24, 2013 7:21 AM
Mar 24, 2013 7:22 AM

May 2010
lol it was really funny when they were fighting all cool & suddenly lost the edge..until later in the half..that was awesome.
Mar 24, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2010
3/5 for me, glad so many people could enjoy this episode to such an extent.

Really not a fan of one-sided battles, and this episode was just both teams taking turns dominating the other team. Awesome music and fighting in general, but not terribly exciting. Not sure why I was so annoyed when Natsu easily blocked the extremely cool looking Holy Nova punch.
Mar 24, 2013 8:36 AM

Dec 2011
I liked the 2nd half of the episode more than the first. I really can't wait for next week's episode. I love how Natsu pretty much threw Gajeel out XD.
Mar 24, 2013 9:18 AM

Sep 2009
Darklight0303 said:
I find it hilarious that people bitch about the fight being uncertain and going back and forth and then you have the manga where people bitch it was too onesided. Honestly satisfying a fandom is impossible in anime no matter which route you take.
This is the internet. People will bitc h nd moan just about everything just for bitching's sake.
Mar 24, 2013 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
UGH....every single trope is out on full display here.

Meh...let's just finish this already....I'm definitely not going past my 6/10 rating.
Mar 24, 2013 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
IchigoHollowfi said:
Awesome episode!

Natsu and Gajeel were so awesome. :D

Epic Natsu at the end. Go beat their asses Natsu! =D

lol @ Gajeel on the kart at the end XD

Next week's the final. ;A; looks EPIC from the pv :O
Can't wait. 8^D

My thoughts exactly, nothing to add to it.

AkaNoYasha said:
http://puu.sh/2n5Vz
http://puu.sh/2n5U5
http://puu.sh/2n5Wj
lmaoooo

Haha thanks for the screen shots, wanted to post some but these are good :))
Mar 25, 2013 12:33 AM

Nov 2007
Zee530 said:
-snip-

Mar 25, 2013 1:38 AM

Nov 2011
rimedragona said:
Zee530 said:
-snip-

Sorry, i thought it was an event that happened during the time natsu attacked sabertooth's headquarters, my question was whether it was not included in the anime or something.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 25, 2013 3:57 AM

Jan 2013
rodac said:
Is it my imagination or has there been a lot more visible evidence of romantic feelings between some of the shipping pairs (levy/gajeel, evergreen/elfman, lucy/natsu)?

I totally think so too!!!! It was so nice to see Natsu visit Lucy at the infirmary before the battle, not to mention how Evergreen was taking care of Elfman. The hints on the Gajeel/Levy couple are much less so far, but they are enough nonetheless!!! And also don't forget the Gruvia pair, where Erza made Gray seriously consider what he is going to say to Juvia.

Other than that, great episode! I think that it was nice to show the sensitive side of the enemies, because they portraied them as total asses so far. Yoooooshi, moe te kita zo for the next one!!! ^_^
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
Mar 25, 2013 5:48 AM

Jul 2011
For a moment I thought I was watching DBZ.
Mar 25, 2013 7:45 AM

May 2008
can't wait for next episodes looks great and i guess it will end... i hope it returns in 1-2 years and doesn't disappear like D.Gray-Man & Reborn did which i don't think will get remake or continue from where they left off....
Mar 25, 2013 9:12 AM

Oct 2012
oh no .
last episode left .
Mar 25, 2013 10:00 AM

Apr 2008
Well this show is getting more and more like dragonball Z/Bleach with the episode... no, that's not meant as a compliment. Let's stop this hence and forth already lol, just fight with your real power from the start jeez
Mar 26, 2013 3:35 AM

Dec 2009
Pretty decent episode. Battle scenes were better animated than usual. But I could never get use to Fairy Tail's BGM during the fights. Makes the fights alot more cheesy than it already is... or mean't to be.
Mar 26, 2013 7:01 AM

Aug 2012
I refuse to read the manga, just because I like being surprised while watching the anime. If I read the manga, then I know what'll happen in the anime, so that's no fun... but anyways, 1 more episode, guys! It's gonna be sad to see it go on Haitus. Anyone know when it'll be back? And in the last episode, I'm hoping that they'll tell us what Lucy said to Natsu before his battle, it's been itching at my skin, WHAT DID SHE SAY TO HIM?? The words "I LOVE YOU, WIN THIS THING" ain't too farfetched with all the romance going on lately (Erza x Jelall, Levy x Gajeel, Evergreen x Elfman, Lucy x Natsu maybe?)
Mar 26, 2013 7:03 AM

Apr 2008
DoomTheWiseWolf said:
I refuse to read the manga, just because I like being surprised while watching the anime. If I read the manga, then I know what'll happen in the anime, so that's no fun... but anyways, 1 more episode, guys! It's gonna be sad to see it go on Haitus. Anyone know when it'll be back?

At the earliest I would say after the arc is over in the manga.
Mar 26, 2013 7:05 AM

Aug 2012
Darklight0303 said:
DoomTheWiseWolf said:
I refuse to read the manga, just because I like being surprised while watching the anime. If I read the manga, then I know what'll happen in the anime, so that's no fun... but anyways, 1 more episode, guys! It's gonna be sad to see it go on Haitus. Anyone know when it'll be back?

At the earliest I would say after the arc is over in the manga.

That'd be nice, most of my Fridays are spent watching anime, and it wouldn't be the same if Fairy Tail wasn't apart of that.
Mar 27, 2013 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:

If you take it at face value yes. Also the chapter where Cana made her prediction about her fateful encounter? The fact that Natsu remembered to the day the exact date Lucy joined FT. I could go on and on but I get the feeling you wouldn't accept any argument so I won't bother.

I'd accept valid arguments, not wishfull shipping.
Mar 27, 2013 3:30 PM

Apr 2008
SergioSource said:
Darklight0303 said:

I'd accept valid arguments, not wishfull shipping.

You'll get your valid arguments from canon soon enough. And then you'll wonder how you could have been so blind.
Mar 27, 2013 6:20 PM

Jun 2011
how can people like this???
Mar 28, 2013 2:01 AM

Feb 2009
I actually like the episode a lot xD. I loved how Natsu and Gajeel are fighting with Sting-kun and the other dude... (which I forgot the name) hahaha.

When I saw Natsu was down, I'm like "Nooooo ;A;" but after Natsu was standing up, I was like "YESSSSS"!
Dude. I was so surprised that Natsu can still stand and he can still joke about how it hurts.

Kinda laughed at the end when Natus pushed Gajeel in that pull-wagon LOL.
Mar 28, 2013 3:26 AM

Apr 2008
nelsonbrabra said:

Epic music maybe? Or just the people who thought the fight was too short and onesided in the manga finally being satiated?
Mar 28, 2013 6:38 AM
Jan 2012
I don't get it why ppl so complaining about the the fighting... this is anime, it bound to have some differences with the manga. They make it longer, hence back and forth. But in manga, it totally 1 sided. It just like how the author wants to inform you that. Natsu and Gajeel level of power is way higher than Sting and Rogue. He makes Gajeel out of the fight, thats mean he also want you to know that only Natsu is enough to defeat Sting and Rogue at this moment. I am not going to spoil you, but later development you will understand why, and you can gauge their level of power after that.

And those who is waiting for Natsu to use Dragon Force to Sting and Rogue...
Mar 28, 2013 6:46 AM

Jul 2011
Darklight0303 said:
nelsonbrabra said:

Epic music maybe?

I don't know what the others think but I don't see anything special about the ost.
Mar 28, 2013 6:57 AM
Jan 2012
ainky said:
Darklight0303 said:
nelsonbrabra said:

Epic music maybe?

I don't know what the others think but I don't see anything special about the ost.

Fairy Tail has one of the best OST out there. Try to listen to the OST alone in your player. At least judge it without your thought about the cheesy battle in FT.

Although the anime toned down and censored here and there and with those added magic circle when they use magic, i think the ost is one of the best thing that the anime have compare to the manga other then the seiyuu.
Mar 28, 2013 7:09 AM

Jul 2011
cleodux said:
ainky said:
Darklight0303 said:
nelsonbrabra said:

Epic music maybe?

Fairy Tail has one of the best OST out there. Try to listen to the OST alone in your player. At least judge it without your thought about the cheesy battle in FT.

Although the anime toned down and censored here and there and with those added magic circle when they use magic, i think the ost is one of the best thing that the anime have compare to the manga other then the seiyuu.

Still not my taste, I prefer Elfen Lied or Evangelion ost.
Mar 28, 2013 7:15 AM
Jan 2012
ainky said:
cleodux said:
ainky said:
Darklight0303 said:
nelsonbrabra said:

Epic music maybe?

That was totally different style of music. I get the idea. ^_^
Mar 28, 2013 7:22 AM

Jul 2011
cleodux said:
ainky said:
cleodux said:
ainky said:
Darklight0303 said:
nelsonbrabra said:

Epic music maybe?

Yeah, it's better say that I don't like shounen ost.
Mar 28, 2013 9:58 AM

Apr 2008
ainky said:
cleodux said:
ainky said:
cleodux said:
ainky said:
Darklight0303 said:
nelsonbrabra said:

Epic music maybe?

Shounens don't usually have irish rock hybrid type songs >_>
Mar 28, 2013 10:23 AM

Jul 2011
Darklight0303 said:
ainky said:
cleodux said:
ainky said:
cleodux said:
ainky said:
Darklight0303 said:
nelsonbrabra said:

Epic music maybe?

This type of song that annoy me the most. I wish it was like any other shounen ost would be a bit better in my opinion.
Mar 28, 2013 1:36 PM
May 2011
http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/The_Face_of_the_Girl_I_Saw

Episode 176. Either it was an April's Fools Joke or the page is false info.
ban1o.jpg
Mar 28, 2013 2:03 PM

Nov 2012
IchigoHollowfi said:

lol @ Gajeel on the kart at the end XD

Next week's the final. ;A; looks EPIC from the pv :O
Can't wait. 8^D
Agreed!!
Mar 29, 2013 3:27 AM

Apr 2008
ainky said:
Darklight0303 said:
ainky said:
cleodux said:
ainky said:
cleodux said:
ainky said:
Darklight0303 said:
nelsonbrabra said:

Epic music maybe?

This type of song that annoy me the most. I wish it was like any other shounen ost would be a bit better in my opinion.

....yea I'm done replying to you because obviously your tastes don't appreciate this epic vibrant music.
Mar 29, 2013 6:58 AM

Sep 2009
The first half of the fight was weird...until it gets underground. The first part was fairy tail beating twin dragon, and then twin dragon beat them back, and then fairy tail beat them again...and then twin dragon release dragon force. It's just weird like they are not serious at all. The ending was epic though...Natsu's second origin.
Mar 30, 2013 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
AkaNoYasha said:
http://puu.sh/2n5Vz
http://puu.sh/2n5U5
http://puu.sh/2n5Wj
lmaoooo

Love this part, it's even funnier here in anime with Natsu's smug face
Mar 31, 2013 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:

You'll get your valid arguments from canon soon enough. And then you'll wonder how you could have been so blind.

I'll be waiting then.
Mar 31, 2013 7:21 PM

Nov 2010
Not as good as it could have been, but to be expected.

Apr 15, 2013 7:15 AM

Jul 2009
Excellent fighting in this episode. Natsu and Gajeel just don't know when they're beaten :)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - May 31, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - May 24, 2010

103 by gannoncannon55 »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 153 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

101 by LightNoragami1 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

breathesunshine - May 17, 2010

112 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 10, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.