Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2014 10:54 PM

Apr 2013
AugmaticDisport said:
Poor direction, flat characters, generic/questionable art.
lmao
Dec 15, 2014 4:06 AM

Oct 2014
Finished this series and easily one of the best animes i've seen..I loved the fact that the entirety of the series was morally grey with both sides as guilty as the other..Great show!
Dec 29, 2014 4:22 AM

Dec 2013
Instantly added to favorites. This show was beautiful and I regret not watching it sooner. The first few episodes were a little boring at first but it gradually surpassed my expectations.

The only thing I'm confused about is the "fiend". She died because of death feedback from killing a queerat (due to being raised as one) but what about Kiroumaru's army? Didn't she slaughter them as well? Why did she not die then? Did I miss something? Or is it a plot hole?
BAN ME
Dec 29, 2014 6:41 AM

Sep 2011
tsuyurii said:
Instantly added to favorites. This show was beautiful and I regret not watching it sooner. The first few episodes were a little boring at first but it gradually surpassed my expectations.

The only thing I'm confused about is the "fiend". She died because of death feedback from killing a queerat (due to being raised as one) but what about Kiroumaru's army? Didn't she slaughter them as well? Why did she not die then? Did I miss something? Or is it a plot hole?

It was implied that she merely took their weapons while Squeeler's army attacked them.
Dec 29, 2014 6:52 AM

Dec 2013
ronri said:
tsuyurii said:

It was implied that she merely took their weapons while Squeeler's army attacked them.
Oh, okay. Thanks.
BAN ME
Dec 30, 2014 12:05 AM

Jun 2013
SSY.. Good stuff there. Feel like enlisting my thoughts on it.

-I found the plot and setting original.
-Powerful theme about morality and discrimination. I liked how the finale was handled, in the end it threw to the viewers to intepret, who to blame? who's at fault? I feel SSY is more like a piece of commentary on humanity these days.
-The soundtracks did evoke the atmospheric feels.
-Kiroumaru and Squealer were the only characters who stood out. To think that such creatures acted like 'human' were way more intriguing than the rest. It wasn't that surprising when it's revealed that they were all human in the end.
-Inconsistent animation and direction. Things were overlooked and just plain bad. Although it's succeeded in building the tension, I did not like how the writer conveniently pull out psychobuster out of nowhere and Shun, the dead man, somehow, 'guided' Saki how to defeat the fake fiend.

I may not have comprehended it all well without a rewatch, well, 8/10 for now.
ImpalaDec 30, 2014 12:10 AM
Dec 30, 2014 4:09 AM

Mar 2009
I though the Queerats where only using Maria's offspring as a temporarily way to create chaos so they would gain access to the hospital and steal more "god children". Didnt they say so in the series?

That way, the real threat is in 10~ years. At the end of this episode, I was expecting a massive cliffhanger to a new season, because they had stole several childrens from the hospital during the war they lost previously.
Dec 30, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2010
Znote said:
I though the Queerats where only using Maria's offspring as a temporarily way to create chaos so they would gain access to the hospital and steal more "god children". Didnt they say so in the series?

That way, the real threat is in 10~ years. At the end of this episode, I was expecting a massive cliffhanger to a new season, because they had stole several childrens from the hospital during the war they lost previously.

From memory Squealer's plan was to secretly steal and raise the babies in the same fashion as Maria and Mamoru's child. However since Saki and others found out about that and killed him and their weapon it would've been pretty easy for the surviving villagers to hunt down the missing children.

It was mentioned in the final episode that most of the Queerat colonies were completely wiped out by the villagers. While they were doing that they probably either rescued or killed the stolen babies (since the remaining colonies would've had zero defenses against the villagers)
Dec 31, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2012
ghostphace said:
Great series, I gave it a 9 however one thing bothered me at the end.

Did they ever explain what happened to Maria and Mamoru? We know they lived long enough to conceive a child. Since that child believed that she was a queerat, we know that she never had contact with her parents, Saki deduces this herself in the beginning of the episode. If that's the case, then we can assume that Squealer killed Maria and Mamoru soon after the baby was born to raise it as his own.

So the issue I have is that I don't like how Saki fondly remembers her first meeting with Squealer while she's putting him out of his misery at the end of the episode. This is the thing directly responsible for killing two of her childhood friends, one of which was also her first lover. At that point I think it becomes a little too personal to be saying goodbye to him as if he's an old friend.

To be honest I didn't understand why ether but I guess the girl had a lot of empathy...sure I understand why people would want to hate squiler I get that but to be honest even tho he has made people suffer and such I felt a little sorry for him...just a little.

He wanted to make the rats free from human oppression and sadly that's what happens in war..I'm not making excuses for him but I understand why.

I'm just glad she found it in her heart to put him out of his mercy
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jan 1, 2015 4:01 AM

May 2014
I just finished the show and i dont get one thing:

How did Mamoru and Maria die?

It was never really explained, and the wiki says that the letter was forged, they were captured and "forced to have a child" ... wtf .. how? They were too strong to be captured or anything like that. Killing them is one thing but this...

Soo... anyone , who read the novel can explain to me how they died exactly?
Jan 1, 2015 5:54 AM

Feb 2013
RaidenHUN said:

It was never really explained, and the wiki says that the letter was forged, they were captured and "forced to have a child" ... wtf .. how? They were too strong to be captured or anything like that. Killing them is one thing but this...

squealer saved them from tainted cats, thats why maria trusted him and after they had a children they got killed probably during sleep or smth, wouldnt be hard for him since they were trusted ^^
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jan 1, 2015 6:37 AM

May 2014
Smooki said:
RaidenHUN said:

squealer saved them from tainted cats, thats why maria trusted him and after they had a children they got killed probably during sleep or smth, wouldnt be hard for him since they were trusted ^^

Well, at least they were a happily together at least for 10 months.
Jan 1, 2015 5:13 PM

Sep 2014
Well Im done with the series.

I have to say that I am disappointed. I dont see how humanity could ever recover from the pk disaster. If the population grows too much and becomes impossible to carefully regulate, karma beasts and ogres will just bring everything back to ground zero. Nothing is resolved.

Im glad Satoru dropped his faggy ways and is with Saki. they made a great couple and they actually do stuff together, unlike "insignificant but somehow important" Shun (fuck that asswipe). Saki deserves a character with screentime (great MC all the way through)

The show started horribly (1-4 was a snoozefest and I initially dropped the show after 4), 8 left a sour taste in my mouth, and the ending felt underwhelming, but aside from that it was pretty good. The rats were a boring conflict. Id have preferred the "fight the establishment and regain our freedom" kind of story, but there's no point crying over spilt milk.

Overall Id give it a 5 or 6. I dont think it's the masterpiece that this forum makes it out to be, but I watched it all the way through and not many shows cab gloat about that (Im kind of a big deal), do good job creators
Jan 4, 2015 10:47 PM
Nov 2012
I highly recommend that people read the novel as well. There are lots of details lost in the anime, especially about foundations of this society, and events that help make the story more complete.
Jan 4, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2012
^ I would, if it was fully translated into English.
Jan 4, 2015 11:07 PM
Nov 2012
sad that no publisher took it up officially...
Jan 6, 2015 6:14 AM
Dec 2013
notsomacho said:
Well Im done with the series.

I have to say that I am disappointed. I dont see how humanity could ever recover from the pk disaster. If the population grows too much and becomes impossible to carefully regulate, karma beasts and ogres will just bring everything back to ground zero. Nothing is resolved.

Im glad Satoru dropped his faggy ways and is with Saki. they made a great couple and they actually do stuff together, unlike "insignificant but somehow important" Shun (fuck that asswipe). Saki deserves a character with screentime (great MC all the way through)

The show started horribly (1-4 was a snoozefest and I initially dropped the show after 4), 8 left a sour taste in my mouth, and the ending felt underwhelming, but aside from that it was pretty good. The rats were a boring conflict. Id have preferred the "fight the establishment and regain our freedom" kind of story, but there's no point crying over spilt milk.

Overall Id give it a 5 or 6. I dont think it's the masterpiece that this forum makes it out to be, but I watched it all the way through and not many shows cab gloat about that (Im kind of a big deal), do good job creators

agreed I just couldn't take the rats seriously
I also hated how they killed of Maria and Mamouru off screen WTF? this
show really didn'T care about its characters
shun also just died with no point whatsoever
Jan 6, 2015 6:32 AM
Nov 2012
Have to agree that the novel is not the best material for anime, however it was meant to seem dystopic and I guess they just focused on developing saki's character.
Jan 6, 2015 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
Journey_95 said:
this show really didn'T care about its characters

um, we're watching the right show, right?
are you criticizing SSY for killing off its main characters? really????
shun's death was necessary as was maria/mamoru's. it further enhanced the plot.
Jan 6, 2015 7:36 PM

Sep 2011
mayukachan said:
Journey_95 said:

Yeah don't think about it too much. Most of the complaints in the recent posts essentially called for a more formulaic storytelling while essentially dismissing the whole point of conflict within the show. Shinsekai Yori WORKS because it plays under the belief of being a utopian society, all while hiding the immediacy of the oppression which makes the rise of an antagonistic force against the governing system all the more unsettling.
Jan 7, 2015 4:18 AM

Feb 2013
shinsekai yori works because of its atmosphere... i mean you know already after the first ep that its not rly an utopsia since there are texts like " and i have never seen reiko again" or " i dont want to loose anymore of my children"....

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jan 7, 2015 4:26 AM

Sep 2011
Smooki said:
shinsekai yori works because of its atmosphere... i mean you know already after the first ep that its not rly an utopsia since there are texts like " and i have never seen reiko again" or " i dont want to loose anymore of my children"....

Pretty much.
Jan 7, 2015 7:13 PM

Jul 2009
What a ride, what a ride. Shinsekai Yori, From the New World: truly from time and time again this show transported me to a different world. Each episode felt like it lasted only a minute. I was enveloped in its story, immersed amongst the characters. I really felt I was alive, living in their world. It was as if I was reading a book I could not put down. That was Shinsekai Yori.

The first arc laid the path in helping us to see what the world of Shinsekai Yori was like. The second arc gave us the insight to understand why such a world existed. The final arc, utilized all the best of the first two arcs to deliver a finale fitting for such a spectacular run up.

It is unfortunate the show lost a lot of its eeriness as the show went along. But it was replaced with something different, which personally was just as good, if not better. It was a different dynamic, the struggle of man versus beast. Right versus wrong. Truly, in the end, I had no idea who was right or wrong. One species wanted reform and realized that unless he walked the path no man (beast) has walked before, nothing would ever happen. He sacrificed many, slaughtered many, but was what he pursued so unjust? Humans enforced their dictatorship with their powers. One may argue that it was not their intentions as many do not know that they are dictating their distant brothers. But is ignorance an excuse? Does the fault not lie on those who continue to keep this knowledge a secret?

In the end though, Squealer truly was a human. His pursue of dominance, for his cause, was very human like. Ultimately, if he succeeded, it would be him on that cabinet looking down judging on the humans. But without radical attempts of reform, can there ever be a change? Especially when the perception and thought of Queerrats are nothing but worms.

I don't have the answer to any of this. For that, I give this show a 10/10. I can't find much fault in it. Episode 8 was a bit special, but if you're telling me that it happened because that's how humanity is trying to restrict growth by socially engineering it to be acceptable, then I'll tip my hat and say it was ingenious.
Jan 7, 2015 7:27 PM
Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
Journey_95 said:

I didn't like the way they handeled it (especially maria and mamarou)
and I also didn't like the whole plot with the rats

I was a lot more interested in the whole dilemma in the society (how they handeled children if it was justified etc.) they just dropped the conflict between the humans and just focused on some annoying rats
Jan 7, 2015 9:04 PM

Jul 2012
Journey_95 said:
I was a lot more interested in the whole dilemma in the society (how they handeled children if it was justified etc.) they just dropped the conflict between the humans and just focused on some annoying rats

to be fair, it wasn't really "dropped", more like saki took over as the new government head (or whatever its called; i forgot the name) and now she's trying to change it.
Jan 8, 2015 12:24 AM

Sep 2011
While yes, the initial mystery and eery atmosphere of the way that unwanted children were handled proved to be striking, I think those who separate them from the "rats" conflict are missing the point here.

The main problem lies with the fact that people can't seem to get past the idea of "rats" at all, which basically ignores the basic premise of the ending (ahem they're humans too). I mean I love Saki's group just as much as anyone, but to say that the conflict with Squealer was not in anyway engaging kind of ignores the whole point of what the show was building up on. Personally, the very presence of Maria and Mamoru's child as "The Fiend" more than made up for it, and I find that its very existence creates a perfectly divisive perspective on Squealer's stance in all of this.
Jan 9, 2015 12:56 AM

May 2012
I liked this show but I feel like it could've been done in a few less episodes. It had a tendency to over-explain sometimes and drag in certain spots. The story itself was pretty entertaining and I liked how even before finding out that the monster rats were technically humans, you could still sympathize with their situation or at least see it from their point of view. And with the way that they were treated and all of the flaws of the human society, who can really blame them for rebelling?

Frankly, I think my biggest problem with the show was with the main characters. We spend most of our time with Group 1 but by the end, I cared very little about any of them besides maybe Satoru. Saki got on my nerves more often than not and honestly, despite being chosen as head of the ethics committee there were very few moments where she registered as leadership material to me(Beyond being able to bounce back from tragedies). Shun especially felt lacking which was kind of an issue for me considering both Saki and Satoru were in love with him. Maria and Mamoru, I had no strong feelings for one way or the other. Squealer(my subs said Squeera/Squeara) on the other hand was very interesting and I wish we had seen more of him. 7/10
Jan 10, 2015 6:57 AM

Dec 2013
That was absolutely beautiful. I have 0 complaints about SSY; this series definitely lived up to my expectations. Every episode was well executed and I loved everything from the first episode. I loved the exploration of different topics. Saki was a great character too.
9/10
Jan 14, 2015 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
Did anyone else ever get just a little upset whenever the humans made reference to Gods?

Here they are, pretending to be gods so that queerats will worship them, and they themselves still believe in gods. I think that 'pretending to be a god' is grounds for damnation in any religion.

I agree that the show should have focused more on the ethics of killing children. Although I very much enjoyed the approach that the show took with the queerat rebellion. I suspected that they were closely related to humans for quite a while. (I mean, come on. Bipedal, opposable thumbs, the same intellectual potential...) Honestly, I thought the humans were bloody fools for considering queerats to be beasts at all.
Then we came to the end revelation and it clicked that the queerats were the genetically altered scientist and hunter gatherer tribes.

This show gave me three strong vibes.
1) History repeats itself. See: The enslavement of a race deemed inferior. In this case, it was the queerats, in the past it was largely Africans.

2) Dystopian Society. Honestly, this show pissed me off all the way to the end. Not because of the previously stated enslavement. In the queerats case, you don't really know enough until towards the end to ever feel any pity for them. But when the Ethics Comity leader (old ass beeotch whatsherface) mentioned that no one received human rights until they were 17 years old, they spelled the big word 'Dystopia' in the sky in smoke letters.
Of course, in their situation, they reacted to 'fiends' and 'karma demons' in the only way they knew how. In the end, Saki showed that it was her goal to find a better way of dealing with these cases. I suppose I can only hope that some day she accomplishes that goal and ends the brutal slaughter of children.

3) Ah yes, who can forget this wonderful gay feeling this show brought about? No, I am not satirically using that word to refer to happiness.
I believe it was episode 8 which jumped ahead a few years to when the protagonists turned 14. Ah yes, 14. That year when your voice starts to drop and your focus turns to the opposite sex.
Unless you live in the world of Shinsekai Yori of course. In which case you get hit in the face with a truckload of rainbow coloured bricks. That's right, in modern day Earth a coming of age ritual would be getting your driver's license, or your first real jobs, or a bar mitzvah. In this world, it would be going down on someone of the same sex as you.
I never fully recovered after that episode, when I realized that all these heroes destined to save a world, who's salvation itself is questionable (what with being filled with homosexual psuedo-god queerat-enslavers) were infact massive flaming bundle'o'sticks. I'm not a homophobe by no means, but holy cow, how could so many fucking people be gay in one school?
And that does even touch the tip of this iceberg. I will now quote Saki herself from... was it the first episode? Or maybe the second one. It was when they were captured by the aggressive queerat tribe. Her and Not-Shun-Boy (I don't know the name, it's longer than 4 letters and I already forgot it) were about to get it on with some prepubescent yee-haw. Saki suddenly remember what the false minoshiro said and is like, "Fucka, I ain't no mothafuckin' monkey." Except less gangster.
What Saki was saying is that using sex to cope with stress and anxiety is a very monkey-like thing to do (hence the scientist's comparison). So yeah, I gave Saki props for that one. Then a couple episodes later Saki turns around and say 'fuck that shit I'm gonna touch me some titties." And titties were touched. Motor-boated in fact. That's like, titty-touching^2.
In the end, my favorite character was fucking Mamoru because he wasn't a cumcrusted sell-out. I mean, his bedsheets may have been, but that's a different story. He was in love with Maria (don't get me started on that bitch) and he was faithful to her. He didn't go around butt-bungin to satiate his monkey-desires^(tm).
So yeah, Mamoru was my favorite character. He may have been a pussy, aye, but a faggot he was not.
I had a saying while watching this show, a mantra really (heh). It went something like this...

"The QUEERats are literally less gay than these people."

Emphasis on 'QUEER'.

Again, no homophobia intended. But holy God if there is one was this show gay.

9/10 until things took a turn for the gay. Should'a seen it coming when the false minoshiro was all rainbow coloured and shit.

8/10 until Kiroumaru died.

7/10 final score. The art and story were good but goddamn was it gay.
MegaToastJan 14, 2015 3:54 PM
Jan 14, 2015 8:52 PM

Oct 2010
MegaToast said:

"I'm not a homophobe by no means"
Proceeds to say some pretty homophobic stuff.

You just know that when someone feels the needs to preface what they're about to say that even they know it's bullshit.
SimmianPrimeJan 14, 2015 8:56 PM
Jan 14, 2015 8:55 PM

Jul 2012
I love the SSY subforums.
Jan 15, 2015 4:40 AM

Mar 2013
SimmianPrime said:
MegaToast said:

You just know that when someone feels the needs to preface what they're about to say that even they know it's bullshit.

It sounds like you didn't even read it. :(
Jan 16, 2015 5:18 AM

Feb 2013
mayukachan said:

i agree ;p, but the reason is just, that this anime is complex you can discuss soo much from it :P

MegaToast said:

It sounds like you didn't even read it. :([/quote]
i actually must agree with SimmianPrime ^^ it rly sounds partly homophic i mean
" Should'a seen it coming when the false minoshiro was all rainbow coloured and shit."

" how could so many fucking people be gay in one school?" Actually i think they were more be, they didnt care with whom, as long as they can release their stress by sexual activity ^^

Jan 17, 2015 9:32 PM

Sep 2011
marathon-ed it. It was too fucking intense. Such an amazing series. 8.5/10 only because of lacking in the visual department and diversity of soundtrack. Also, lack of memorable characters (but it really doesn't matter).
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 18, 2015 6:25 PM
Nov 2010
So Satoru and Saki are bisexual?

And I felt sorry for Yakomaru.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Jan 18, 2015 10:14 PM

Jul 2012
Fundog said:
So Satoru and Saki are bisexual?

Everyone was.
Jan 19, 2015 6:27 PM

Mar 2013
Smooki said:
mayukachan said:

i agree ;p, but the reason is just, that this anime is complex you can discuss soo much from it :P

MegaToast said:

It sounds like you didn't even read it. :(

i actually must agree with SimmianPrime ^^ it rly sounds partly homophic i mean
" Should'a seen it coming when the false minoshiro was all rainbow coloured and shit."

" how could so many fucking people be gay in one school?" Actually i think they were more be, they didnt care with whom, as long as they can release their stress by sexual activity ^^[/quote]

" as long as they can release their stress by sexual activity "

This is the part which pisses me off. The fact that they would stoop so low as to fuck any ol' butt they come across is the icing on the cake.
I hated everything about these characters and their shitty world.
Except the queerats. I kinda felt for them, ya know? The humans are absolute shit though.
Jan 22, 2015 5:34 AM
Dec 2014
I really love this series !! 5/5 from me! but there's something that bothered me though, it's about shisei... he's cool at da beginning but die so easy .. i really expect more from him and the reason of his death is unclear for me because the maria child wasn't fiend but an ordinary human . so is he still die by the leaking cantus from maria child or another reason?
Jan 23, 2015 8:23 AM

Feb 2013
Christian_j0698 said:
I really love this series !! 5/5 from me! but there's something that bothered me though, it's about shisei... he's cool at da beginning but die so easy .. i really expect more from him and the reason of his death is unclear for me because the maria child wasn't fiend but an ordinary human . so is he still die by the leaking cantus from maria child or another reason?

marias child dies due to death feedback, it didnt triggered on humans, since the kid thought all the time it is a squeerat, so after killing seshoumarou, or how his name was, the death feedback was triggered ^^

MegaToast said:

" as long as they can release their stress by sexual activity "

This is the part which pisses me off. The fact that they would stoop so low as to fuck any ol' butt they come across is the icing on the cake.
I hated everything about these characters and their shitty world.
Except the queerats. I kinda felt for them, ya know? The humans are absolute shit though.

it was told in ep 4, that the genetics were changed, so instead of beeing aggresive and fighting each other or killing each other with cantus, they release their stress by sexual activites.

And children who still were aggresive like the kid in ep 2 who cheated to win the game, dissapears... its this whole settin about it, a world many want to have and other doesnt want to, but who knows how our world will change in a few hundret years. i mean i can imagine it looks like psychopass or like shinsekai yori in future, if it continues to get into this direction ^^.

But thats why this anime is an utopian/ dystopian anime :D

Jan 23, 2015 10:03 PM

Apr 2013
MegaToast said:
yeah no you're pretty homophobic, and it was explained why they explore their sexuality around that age.. maybe it was just too much details for you to handle.
Jan 25, 2015 6:35 AM

Jun 2013
Is it weird that I felt nothing but disgust towards the humans in this show? Squeler's motives are genuine and realistic. This is exactly like whites treating black people in our history. The humans in this show judge and look down upon everything else because of their power, just like they did/do in modern times with skin colour. It became so obvious in the trial scene during this episode. It's too bad Squeler couldn't get his revange..

I still don't understand why they accept their society and don't question it more. They know they were being brainwashed and that the society is killing children left and right on a whim. They know that the society is the reason their friends are dead. And yet they still accept everything and live on?

The characters are awkwardly one dimensional towards the end. Satori couldn't even grasp Squelers reasoning for why he did what he did. And I love how Saki couldn't even answer him when he said that they the humans should apologize for what they had done in the past. What was she even thinking demanding him to apologize like that.. Couldn't she see the injustice that Squeler's people had suffered? It's like they are living in denial of what they have done to others but expect special treatment for what Squeler did to them.

The characters are not this shows strong point, it's probably its weakest point actually. The story is very interesting, the art is good and sound is amazing. 9/10.
AnimeSwedenJan 25, 2015 6:42 AM
Jan 25, 2015 3:07 PM

Feb 2013
AnimeSweden said:

I still don't understand why they accept their society and don't question it more. They know they were being brainwashed and that the society is killing children left and right on a whim. They know that the society is the reason their friends are dead. And yet they still accept everything and live on?

ofc they questioned it, saki said, they will try to find a better way to handle the karma demons. Its just that if smn gets a karma demon, he could kill the whole village, sicne the death feedback doesnt work.... beside saki saw thati t was injust and she killed him out of mercy. she said she doesnt hate him.

and yeah squealer is the most interessting character in this anime, and his reasons were right, but he just didnt win :/

Jan 25, 2015 4:56 PM

Sep 2011
AnimeSweden said:

They weren't as accepting of it. If anything, Saki was more considerate of WHY they were doing the things they were doing. It's not as simple as "Oh they're killing kids left and right", there's also the question of "why". We saw the full extent of what Karma Demons are capable of (Shun) and how a (seeming) Fiend may or may not wreak havoc upon the town (Maria's child). It's only natural for Saki to not immediately want to try and take down such a system when that system is designed to protect them from endangering one another. It's not like the control of Cantus is any easier either, as evidenced by the fact that the kids had to be taught in the way they used their powers to prevent any disaster from happening. At least judging by the ending it seemed that Saki is taking measures in changing the system so it's not like everything went back to the way it was before.

AnimeSweden said:
The characters are awkwardly one dimensional towards the end. Satori couldn't even grasp Squelers reasoning for why he did what he did. And I love how Saki couldn't even answer him when he said that they the humans should apologize for what they had done in the past. What was she even thinking demanding him to apologize like that.. Couldn't she see the injustice that Squeler's people had suffered? It's like they are living in denial of what they have done to others but expect special treatment for what Squeler did to them.

"Living in denial" is a bit much when you account for the twisted nature in how Squealer killed their very close friends and essentially bastardized their child into a messianic killing machine. Saki has every reason to hate Squealer. Considering how Saki was actually one of the few children who were more considerate of his people, he still breached her trust by literally hunting down and killing her friends. Trivial as her problems may sound (and no it's seriously not, especially when you account for how close Saki was to Maria), it's that very barbaric nature in how Squealer treated her friends and their child that essentially denied him of any redemption in her eyes, even for all the injustice his people had suffered. At least Kiroumaru actually found a way in convincing Saki of their humanity to the point of influencing her mindset in the end, and that's still without utterly forgiving the humans for the way they have treated his people.
ronriJan 25, 2015 5:00 PM
Jan 25, 2015 5:02 PM
Feb 2009
Smooki said:

ofc they questioned it, saki said, they will try to find a better way to handle the karma demons. Its just that if smn gets a karma demon, he could kill the whole village, sicne the death feedback doesnt work... :/

You mean fiends right, i dont think karma demons could be savd by any means.

And yes I think Saki and Satoru are kind of reformators and everything is going the right path since they partly understand Squelar and deny children murders.
Especially their baby rising in this kind of values and knowladge, little Shun will take care of this.

But still, shame to admit personally I didnt find any answer to this kids killing problem... any ideas?
Jan 25, 2015 6:21 PM

Feb 2013
Maybe finde the problem in the Genes that creates karma demons, maybe you can find it out before the kid is born if it has this genetic illnes that makes him into a karma demon. There are many theories, and thats why i love ssy xD you can talk about soo many aspects in this anime ... its awesome

and i dont mean save karma demons. Never said you could do this, just trying is like risking the lifes of the whole village XD...

Jan 27, 2015 10:27 AM
Dec 2013
AnimeSweden said:
Is it weird that I felt nothing but disgust towards the humans in this show? Squeler's motives are genuine and realistic. This is exactly like whites treating black people in our history. The humans in this show judge and look down upon everything else because of their power, just like they did/do in modern times with skin colour. It became so obvious in the trial scene during this episode. It's too bad Squeler couldn't get his revange..

The characters are not this shows strong point, it's probably its weakest point actually. The story is very interesting, the art is good and sound is amazing. 9/10.

I hated that the whole society dilemma (with the karma demons and children) was just dropped mid way and instead they focused on the queerats didn't like that at all
the characters didn't really develop and were bland

The series was good and had potential until Maria and Mamoru "left"
a 6/10
maybe its realistic that they don't "fight" against what the elders do with the children but I don't know I guess I expected more
FuckMAl4132Jan 27, 2015 10:34 AM
Jan 27, 2015 11:26 AM
Feb 2009
So whats your resolution for karma demons and demons after defeating these bad elders huh?
Jan 28, 2015 7:51 AM

Feb 2013
Mephisto222 said:
So whats your resolution for karma demons and demons after defeating these bad elders huh?

there is none actualyl xD. you cant let smn become a karma demon and study his genetics to prevent in futre, cause the risk is too high that the fiend will destroy the village ... This is actually quite a dilema,
even if it doesnt seem right what they do, thats actually the only solution ^^

Jan 31, 2015 9:24 AM
Jan 2010
Reiko, Maria. Why? It's so sad. You want to cry.

Cruel anime.

I wonder how these monsters Maria and Mamoru forced to have sex?
And why did not use the power to defend themselves?
Jan 31, 2015 3:25 PM
Jan 2010
Smooki said:

It's funny to you?
Pages (27) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.