Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2013 6:29 AM
Apr 2008
Naxrrhid said:

I bet this masterpiece is probably selling millions upon millions of BDs, and is the most popular anime in Japan right now. I'm sure it's top of every ranking chart ever!

You're wrong, big time.

About this, i gave it a 8/10. To me it was enjoyable around the 2nd arc, and then it stopped.
Mar 23, 2013 6:30 AM

Sep 2012
ghostphace said:
Did they ever explain what happened to Maria and Mamoru? We know they lived long enough to conceive a child. Since that child believed that she was a queerat, we know that she never had contact with her parents, Saki deduces this herself in the beginning of the episode. If that's the case, then we can assume that Squealer killed Maria and Mamoru soon after the baby was born to raise it as his own.
Maria and Mamoru's fate is never explained so it is left to you imagination what they went through. Indeed one terrifying speculation is whether they might have been drugged by the squeerats and then compromised so that Maria got pregnant... Or they could have perished by some natural reasons or accident. It is hard to tell. One thing is clear is that they were indeed dead when Squealer returned the bones to the village.

ghostphace said:
This is the thing directly responsible for killing two of her childhood friends, one of which was also her first lover. At that point I think it becomes a little too personal to be saying goodbye to him as if he's an old friend.
I guess the thought that they were killed by squeerats, or squealer itself did not come to Saki that strongly. As I said, their death can be caused by a few other reasons.
symbvMar 23, 2013 6:35 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 6:30 AM

Aug 2012
dankickyou said:
Sorayin said:

Solid drama? What a joke. Anytime the story got relatively interesting such as the end of the first "arc" it had a candy ass time skip. And i highly doubt even people who love this show would consider putting one of it's characters on their favourites.

But...but you liked Bakemonogatari. That show was pure shit :v

It's obvious flame-bait. If you watched this all the way through no matter how much you didn't like it saying this stuff is just impossible.

It's like saying Shakespeare is a shit writer after reading all his works. The thought of someone saying that is such pure stupidity it hurts.

The show was an easy 9/10 for me. Everything was so wonderfully done, the only thing lacking was a slight rush on some episodes and a lower budget. Despite that they still managed to produce one of the best stories, not just anime, I have ever seen. The political and social dialog in the last episode alone was brilliant.
Mar 23, 2013 6:34 AM

Jun 2009
It's always in the back of my mind that queerrats may actually be modified human beings...

I'm right, but I'm not all too happy about it.

Overall, loved this show, though episode 5 and 10 pissed me off to no end, it's definitely worth the watch...

I wish there's a remake... But I don't think that'll ever happen...

Sigh...

8/10 for this very good show. (Kinda sad, this show have what it takes to earn 10 from me, but alas...)

EDIT: Poor Squeler... Imagine having the knowledge of you're actually human, and you're being laughed at, ridicule by others because you call yourself one. I don't even want to imagine how he must've felt, that scene hits me harder than a truck... And that is prior to my knowledge of he is, quite literally, human.
AirStylesMar 23, 2013 6:40 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2013 6:50 AM

Feb 2011
10/10

Loved it .
Mar 23, 2013 6:52 AM

Apr 2011
10 out of 10 this episode was such a great way to end on. Saki and Satoru forever so glad they got married and had a baby. I enjoyed every second of this anime it was very emotional and glad I watched it. Now I want to read the novel, hope it gets translated soon.
Mar 23, 2013 6:53 AM

Oct 2007
What an ending to a great series - 9/10
Getting straight to opening of Kiroumaru sacrificing himself to protect the humans and has always been on their side despite how at times portayed him that he could have been going behind their back in the previous episodes.
With Squealer's punishment, it showed how he got the slow and painful torturous death after being captured, but as to what he stated about humans - that they were so ready to smite them down if they stepped out of line.
Liked how Saki & Satoru finally got together in the end but what I loved about the whole show was how unpreditacble it was and left you wanting more after each episode. The show has been a breath of fresh air in term of the drama it produced and how it stood out from the rest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2013 6:59 AM

Sep 2012
deave112 said:
symbv said:

You were right. They've changed the Akki's gender from a boy to a girl.

So everyone now agrees that the English subtitle people got it wrong by using "HE", right?

I still find it hard to imagine how stubborn people can be believing the subtitle even after my explanation based on the Japanese dialogue.

The logic that the novel is a HE so the anime must be a HE even though there is no proof of such in the anime is even more baffling. Do people see how flawed this logic is?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 7:01 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
deave112 said:
symbv said:

You were right. They've changed the Akki's gender from a boy to a girl.

So everyone now agrees that the English subtitle people got it wrong by using "HE", right?

I still find it hard to imagine how stubborn people can be believing the subtitle even after my explanation based on the Japanese dialogue.

The logic that the novel is a HE so the anime must be a HE even though there is no proof of such in the anime is even more baffling. Do people see how flawed this logic is?

Because a feral child trap is superior to a feral child girl. I want to BELIEVE.
The Art of Eight
Mar 23, 2013 7:08 AM
Nov 2012
That was the most satisfying end of this season yet, Psycho-Pass was ok and Robotics;Notes was pretty bad.

Good series, slow as hell at the start but got really good.
Mar 23, 2013 7:12 AM
Jan 2011
...I... I felt dirty. To think we actually support those Cantus monstrosity. This episode and ending shakes my very foundation. I mean what the hell! Querats were humans! Fuck! Fuck! Where is justice? What is justice? Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 23, 2013 7:14 AM

Sep 2011
KanameFujiwara said:
...I... I felt dirty. To think we actually support those Cantus monstrosity. This episode and ending shakes my very foundation. I mean what the hell! Querats were humans! Fuck! Fuck! Where is justice? What is justice? Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, same here. So after revelation I think that Cantus users deserved their deaths.
Mar 23, 2013 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
KanameFujiwara said:

even if they werent human, using your powers to dominate and enslave a sentient and intelligent species is already horrible.
The Art of Eight
Mar 23, 2013 7:27 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, this episode was insanely intense. This is definitely something I don't regret picking back up. (I originally had it dropped.)

First half: 4-5/10, Second half: 6.5/10, Third half: 8/10.

Overall, I give this a solid 7/10. The story, plot twists, and everything was highly intriguing a majority of the time. I'm impressed.
Mar 23, 2013 7:32 AM

Aug 2011
What a fantastic show this was. I have been following it from the very beginning and been enjoying it ever since, though the show do lack from certain stuff that the Light Novel did better, but that didn't take away the quality of the story of this show away.

It was sad to see Kiromarou die at the beginning of the show, he died like a boss! Glad he got a respectful death to him, protecting a maid in danger! The fight against the Fiend was a bit anti climatic, but due to the Death coefficient, it was understandable.

When they caught Yakomarou and held him for trial, I was hoping he would get a painful death and of course he had to spout some crap,but for no vain and got what he deserved! Great stuff, even as Tomiko wanted.

Now for the final reveal, those Queerats used to be humans! Damn, i had a faint idea they could have been, and this show didn't disappoint.

Satorou x Saki happened, and yes I was shipping for them since the beginning, and it was great to see them marrying and expecting a child and of course Satorou breeding tainted cats. Sweet! The show then comes to a sad closure seeing everyone who was a big part of their childhood in memory flashes and finishes with a great message.

Oh and Yakomarou died. Lul.

This anime sure made me look into the LN in the future. Great stuff! 9/10 for me!
Mar 23, 2013 7:33 AM
Jan 2011
Rednecked_Crake said:
KanameFujiwara said:

Yup, same here. So after revelation I think that Cantus users deserved their deaths.

It was among the best ending I've seen but fuck ... what the hell is this feeling? I can't decide if I'm happy, sad, angry or scared. Huh... on the plus side, Saki survive, Satoru as well, maybe even Shun if you can even call him alive. Maybe they were the drops needed for the world to change.

TQ
Mar 23, 2013 7:38 AM

Jul 2011
I feel better that the akki in the anime is a girl :P anyway AWESOME series. Kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I'm giving it a 10/10! This really was quite the ride and well worth it.
Mar 23, 2013 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
Heh I just realized the scene where Squealer in the prison shouted "We could have changed history!" is similar to the flashback in ep 3 where one of the the three warriors who killed the Emperor shouted "We will change history!"
The Art of Eight
Mar 23, 2013 7:44 AM

Jun 2011
Very good and decent ending, imo. I can't understand why the sales are so bad.
Mar 23, 2013 7:52 AM

Aug 2012
Intereo said:
Very good and decent ending, imo. I can't understand why the sales are so bad.

People want moe, ecchi, and explosions rather than good story. Then they wonder why the industry is turning so shitty.
Mar 23, 2013 7:57 AM

Sep 2012
This anime is a masterpiece so far 10/10.
Mar 23, 2013 8:06 AM

Oct 2009
Amazing.

Great thought-provoking story. The direction and overall production of the anime was, for lack of a better term, not good, but I still enjoyed it.

I'd love to be able to read the novels. This would be a nice concept and text to study, if only it was western.
Mar 23, 2013 8:13 AM

Jun 2012
I have no watched episode 25 and I agree with Yanoflies, it is thought provoking. Shinsekai Yori exceeded my expectations in the end, it was much deeper than I thought.
Art and music are simply beautiful.
ChepriMar 23, 2013 8:21 AM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 23, 2013 8:22 AM

Nov 2012
Ohh shit Kiroumaru & the "friend" died!Kind of surprised that "the fiend" was tricked so easily though.Squealer's punishment was intense,"sending signals of extreme pain to every nerve in his body,only to regenerate all the damage,denying him the salvation of death."Kind of surprised that the queerats were the non-cantus users,wasn't really thinking about that before watching,was thinking more about how the fiend was gonna die.Then them showing Squealer as an organ thing still being tortured only to be spared by Saki was a nice touch in showing Saki's kindness & humanity.

And omg Saki & Satoru finally got married,I'm so happy about that I love both of them so much,glad they finally fell in love.And omg Saki's pregnant hopefully their society will be better by the time the kid born.

Nice to see everyone Group 1 back this episode nearly brought me to tears T_T.And that final quote at the end "The power of imagination is what changes everything" was also a nice touch for the ending.10/10
Mar 23, 2013 8:23 AM

Jul 2012
Holy fuck I love this anime. Very well rounded ending that solidifies everything along with a few hints of what's to come for humans in the future. Lots of intriguing questions. Wonderful.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 23, 2013 8:27 AM

Aug 2011
wow...amazing series. makes u think so much. my thoughts:

-it is kinda messed up that they made the humans without cantus into those things...but thinking from their point of view, what was the alternative? I guess they could've installed death feedback into the regular humans as well...
-no matter if they were originally human or not, extermination seems like the logical choice if you only want to create a peaceful society. After all, a rebellion might occur again in the future. Why do they even need servants when they have cantus? (actually rebellion is almost guaranteed seeing as how even kiroumaru was plotting against the humans at one point)
-hmm...im just wondering why the death feedback didnt reverse after maria's child saw her own reflection.
Mar 23, 2013 8:28 AM

Sep 2012
Just some information that the anime left out in the last episode

1. Saki gave the mercy death to Squealer one month after the end of trial and for that she only got one month of house arrest because she was viewed as a hero who saved the whole village.

2. The marriage of Satoru and Saki took place 2 years after the war

3. Saki became the head of the Ethical Committee, which means the top leader of the village, 3 years after the war, making her the youngest head in the village's history.

4. Satoru and Saki decides that if the baby is a boy they will name him Shun, if it is a girl they will name her Maria.

5. Not sure whether the English subtitle translates it, but near the end when we see Saki writing the memoir that is to become the story "Shinsekai Yori" we also see a paper with a list of the names of villages in Japan. This is to indicate Saki is trying to move out of each village's own isolation and to build up communication with other villages (even though they are far apart) -- one example is of course to warn other villages of what happened in her own village as well as in places outside (all those mutations etc).

BTW, I particularly like the idea how it turns the meaning of the kanji 化 (Bake) on its head by interpreting that it essentially shows two humans, one facing left and one facing right, to indicate transformation and change (and it is in fact the root of this kanji, as a form of ideograph), so this kanji carries a meaning of "human" which becomes very interesting when it is used as part of the name of the quuerats -- here queerat is just "changed human" rat.
symbvMar 23, 2013 8:49 AM

Mar 23, 2013 8:30 AM
Oct 2010
what a series. shit was real.

fucking squealer. dont even think i can call him evil after this ep.
and that revelation @ the end ZOMFG what the fck. such a great series. would love to read the novel
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 23, 2013 8:31 AM

Sep 2011
10/10.
Definitely one of the best shows in recent times. The ending left me with mixed feelings. Really wish the LN gets translated, it's a world worth exploring.

Though I really wish this show wasn't so underrated, it deserves the limelight, truly it does.
Mar 23, 2013 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:

4. Satoru and Saki decides that if the baby is a boy they will name him Shun, if it is a girl they will name her Maria.

Being Mamoru is suffering...
The Art of Eight
Mar 23, 2013 8:32 AM

Sep 2012
sunfall said:
-hmm...im just wondering why the death feedback didnt reverse after maria's child saw her own reflection.
You mean when she saw herself in the mirror created by Satoru in the previous episode? She did not kill anybody when she saw her own reflection, right? So it makes nothing was triggered at that point. And since she probably never saw her own reflection you saw her getting perplexed and apparently did not realize it was a reflection she was seeing, so she proceeded to try to attack it. At the end her death feedback mechanism is still wired towards not killing another queerat.

Mar 23, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
dankickyou said:
symbv said:

I guess probably that's why the anime cut that part out.

Mar 23, 2013 8:35 AM

Oct 2008
9,5/10

Fucking amazing series, would have been higher if not for some really minor flaws, one of the best settings in an anime, excellent plot, epic OST, and an excellent ending which leaves you with the conclusion that the war that started 1000 years ago never ended, it only changed form, from the conventional war to the emperors to the current society mutating the non-Cantus users in order to control them. Definitely amazing.
Mar 23, 2013 8:35 AM

Apr 2011
What an amazing series.I love it! I put it in my favourites list after the last episode. Even though it was slow sometimes, I liked everything else.

I was sad for Squealer and his punishment.

And really happy when I saw Satoru and Saki getting married <3

9/10 overall.

@Symbv: Thanks for the info about the last episode.
Makise11Mar 23, 2013 8:40 AM
Mar 23, 2013 8:48 AM

May 2010
Very satisfying ending so I'l give it 10/10
Mar 23, 2013 8:50 AM
Jul 2011
I am still mad that they did not let Squealer reveal what happened when Saki and Satoru left Maria and Mamoru as well as when did Squealer decided to rebel and stuff, it would defintely make the series better.
Mar 23, 2013 8:55 AM

Sep 2012
MyShadow277 said:
I am still mad that they did not let Squealer reveal what happened when Saki and Satoru left Maria and Mamoru as well as when did Squealer decided to rebel and stuff, it would defintely make the series better.
Not sure how it will make the series better though. The truth is we may have to accept that something will never be explained down to the bottom of details, and what happened to Maria and Mamoru is one of them. As for when Squaler decided to rebel I don't think it is really that important. Much more important is to know that any queerat with enough intelligence may harbor such thought (as we know even the "traditional" Kiromaru also carried such thought) and they may carry this thought for a long time and are just waiting for the opportunity.

Mar 23, 2013 8:56 AM

Jun 2009
symbv said:

Thanks symbv, you're always so helpful when it comes to this series. ^_^
Mar 23, 2013 8:57 AM

Sep 2007
Wonderful series, one of the most enjoyable and addictive I've seen lately, and Saki is definitely one of the best heroines out there! This is a 10/10 for me.

Mar 23, 2013 8:57 AM

Apr 2010
Mixed opinion about this show.

6/10
Mar 23, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2009
What a great anime.. Though, I'm a little bit disappointed since they were not able to show us Saki and Satoru kiss :D

But, overall .. it was great! Every episode, gives me suspense and it made my mind go crazy!
This is very great!
Mar 23, 2013 9:25 AM

Aug 2010
Absolutely brilliant finale to a fantastic show. 9.5/10
Mar 23, 2013 9:29 AM
Oct 2012
absolutely brilliant, 10/10. I am so sad to see this show end.
Mar 23, 2013 9:29 AM
Feb 2012
It was so very promising at first. Then came the episodes which were all tease and no progress. The story had many nice twist and characters, but by the time the last few episodes came around I got really annoyed with its just-the-tip philosophy.
In the end I feel like I watched a 24 episode prologue to see a 1 episode epilogue.
8/10 The premise and style was captivating at first, but I think the potential was wasted.
Mar 23, 2013 9:37 AM
Aug 2011
What a great show, it had the kind of atmosphere I enjoy.

Right now this had the most solid conclusion from the anime that have ended this season so far.
9/10
Mar 23, 2013 9:43 AM

Aug 2011
GREAT ENDING. I was shocked by what Satoru found out about the queerrats. I really loved this series and it will hold a special place in my memory. In the end i actually felt like squealer didn't deserve to be tortured and the way they took down the fiend was awesome.
Mar 23, 2013 9:44 AM
Oct 2009
very, very impressive final episode.

the human-rats will rise again.
Mar 23, 2013 9:53 AM

Jul 2011
dankickyou said:
symbv said:

The poor kid was ignored even after he died...
Mar 23, 2013 9:55 AM

Feb 2011
10/10 for me. I didn't even consider what the Queer Rat's origin might be during the show. Pretty interesting to learn that they come from humans.
いっぺん死んでみる?
Mar 23, 2013 10:05 AM

Nov 2011
EdenBaggins said:
dankickyou said:
symbv said:

The poor kid was ignored even after he died...

T_T

The Art of Eight
Pages (27) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.