Forum Settings
Forums
My Girlfriend's a Geek (manga)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2013 11:54 AM

Nov 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally it's over the first thing that came to mind, this would have been fine as a one shot, with the romance, but after that it just became a manga on how warped this author thinks a guy in love will bend. Honestly after chapter 2 I would have dumped this girl, even if she was a 10... The series was poorly written with 0 emotion, no romance, and extremely painful to read by then end, unfortunately I don't drop manga so ... anyways, definitely should do my research next time.

Would probably give this a 3/10.
Jan 19, 2015 12:27 PM

Jan 2014
This was a story with a lot of comedic and romantic potential, that didn't as make much of either as it could have. I'd disagree that this was a story of a relationship the Taiga shouldn't have been in. She was capable of keeping her fantasies in check, and he seemed to really appreciate Yuiko's liking for BL. He sees it rightly as not that different from his own slight otaku side and likings (he calls her "moe" in the last chapter, now that he knows what the word means), and could write the fanfiction because he doesn't see BL as different from other romance. Still, it's not his thing. She needed to learn boundaries, and this shouldn't have been so unresolved at the end. As a comedic element, her constant spouting about "Sebas" getting in BL situations wasn't even funny anymore halfway through. I liked the side stories like Masa-nee and her jerk of a boyfriend or Kouji's cluelessness more by the end.

I think I'm going with 5/10, average. I was hoping for something much better when I started this.
Jul 7, 2015 3:51 PM

Jul 2012
It was really dull overall, honestly. Like above post said, it had lots of potential but it was mainly just a typical manga that tried to shove in otaku/fujoshi references and puns without a clear direction.

His gf was not likable either. She's way too obsessive and uninteresting as a female. It's like all she cares about are her BL ships and doujinshi.

5/10 + 1 for the nice art for the male characters. Sebas was like a Makoto Tachibana.
Aug 18, 2015 2:40 AM

Feb 2015
It started good but ended up a bit boring. But i liked it non the less. If only they would have focused more on the romance ..
Jan 15, 2016 3:45 PM

Aug 2011
I was expecting the same plot or at least finish at the same place as the movie (which sadly lacks emotion from the actors -_-' all the way through). I got my hopes up and got an average manga with no end or resolved future for the main couple :/

Apr 12, 2016 2:18 PM
Aug 2011
You know what, fuck this girl for being a fucking vile bitch.
He's a doormat too but she was way worse for everything else.

Her boyfriend asked her multiple times to stop calling him Sebastian, which she never did anything about.
She never took him seriously even when he told her to stop her delusions for one moment while he was studying and stressed.

This could have been a really awesome and truly funny manga about a girl that likes BL and is in a HEALTHY relationship with a boy but nope... it was just pure garbage.
standApr 12, 2016 2:23 PM
Feb 2, 2019 7:30 PM

Jun 2015
I would have liked this to focus on their relationship a bit more than just BL obsession. It started really strong but got a bit repetitive later on.
:)

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - May 2, 2022

1 by ryo-san »»
May 17, 2023 8:51 PM

Poll: » Fujoshi Kanojo Chapter 2 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 8, 2008

6 by Dessssy »»
Feb 2, 2019 4:00 PM

Poll: » Fujoshi Kanojo Chapter 1 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 27, 2008

7 by Dessssy »»
Feb 2, 2019 3:49 PM

Poll: » Fujoshi Kanojo Chapter 16 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Mar 11, 2013

1 by stand »»
Apr 12, 2016 1:08 PM

Poll: » Fujoshi Kanojo Chapter 20 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Mar 12, 2013

1 by Miporin »»
Jan 19, 2015 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.