Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 17, 2018 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Well this wasn't the worst movie I ever watched... but it was pretty damn close. Once again I got reminded that everyone acts like a huge retard, just so the a bit less retarded people actually seem smart and Touma can spit out some generic words to his enemies that are supposed to seem intelligent.
Overall even more generic and boring than season 1 and 2.
May 18, 2018 5:51 PM

Dec 2013
The power of miracles!

Touma punching a chick in the face never gets old.

Overall forgettable movie.
Nov 13, 2018 10:30 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
was waitin the whole movie for the sexy bitch in tights to get punched, thank fuck it happened

Touma is a blessing XD
Nov 20, 2018 1:40 PM
Jun 2016
I think this just tied for 2nd all time favorite movie.
Feb 24, 2019 3:39 AM

Dec 2014
well nice movie and all the combination of it alll...hmmm
Mar 7, 2019 3:01 PM

Aug 2017
It's definitely better than I expected. They introduced a new interesting concept called miracle.

Good pacing and I found the villain credible.

8/10 for the movie.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 28, 2019 11:37 AM

Jun 2008
Movie is a 6 for me, but I'm giving it an 8 because that was some top tier butt service.

Also lol at vocaloid Megurine Luka and Touhou's Marisa.

May 10, 2019 12:14 AM
Jan 2019
Good movie, had great action scenes !, although I had many doubts. It was an unexpected ending. Typical of To Aru xD.
Curiosities and doubts:
1.This movie I guess is located in the second season of TMNI before episode 17 (it shows by the school uniform).
2. And to think that the Space Elevator was always there, I noticed it, but I thought it was a kind of antenna.
3.I was surprised to see Saten at TMNI, it was about time! 😅
4. Another organization of Academy City "The Black Crows" was announced. They are great.
5. In the end, I did not fully understand what Arisa was. What was that blue stone that Shutaura carried with her? Was it divided into two? Wish? Miracles? These are questions that will probably never be answered xD.
6. "The Tower of Babel"? That's crazy!
7. In a scene Mikasa is observed entering a web browser called "Glegoo". (Most obvious could not be.) LOL)
8. In the end, they also did not explain clearly how the loli obtained immortality or who was the man that appeared in her memories.
9.Touma was hospitalized ... again.
10. I wonder how it was that Kansaki came back to Earth from space 😂.
11.In this film participated all the prominent characters of the Saga To Aru so far.
12. Maybe I forgot it, but why does the Archbishop of the Anglican Church have a relationship with the Academy City council leader?

"Success is for those who have walked with courage to the base with strong desires and [hold their dreams] with all their might" Grande Touma 👏. Arisa we will never forget you.
Jan 9, 2020 1:59 PM

Oct 2019
The Index movie is decent.

7/10
Jan 14, 2020 8:28 PM
Jun 2017
ah i remember watching some time ago. really love the film and fighting scenes with top notch animation when i rewatched it again. 8/10
Fire Emblem anime when
Sep 10, 2020 11:53 PM

Dec 2009
6/10. Alright plot with an odd concept of Shutaura creating Arisa as a split entity of herself with the power of singing to... I don't fucking know do what.
Ladylee's wish to die since she can't die was interesting but dull for not having more to it.

... Pretty cool action though. Ok original movie of this franchise, I guess.
Nov 16, 2020 8:13 PM
Nov 2018
The action scenes were really cool! So this is what happens when jc staff puts lots of effort into index. It sometimes felt like this cut too abruptly to the next plot point, but it didn’t really hurt my excitement. Didn’t really get how mikoto knew arisa or how stiyl has pupils but I guess that’s explained somewhere else lol.
Jan 22, 2021 3:20 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
aw yeah our avengers assemble to take down the sky beam hell freaking yeah let's go. Except they never actually really assemble; touma's the only one doing noteworthy stuff by changing the heart of some chick and getting real cheesy and one punching that hoe. Guess index's role was important too but incredibly sidelined, she just had to stop the magic circle and the villain with the odd motivation of just wanting to commit die and in the process taking a huge chunk of the human population with her. And there we have our villain! Who is basically just cannon fodder to the plot so that they can have a reason to have a massive space elevator to increase the grand scale of the movie. Which was really cool, but ruined by the fact that our loli baddie just wants to die. Heck not really even any flashback backstory for her other than like this one still of her in the stone age or something idk.

They knew only index fans were gonna be watching this so they gotta give the rest of the crew some screentime and something to do right? Okay you can go destroy some pillars or whatever, once you're done, gtfoutta here! I mean at least accelerator got out of bed. But nowhere does it explain why he would have the motivation to help out in something that really isn't his business- that's just slightly out of character if you ask me. So yeah he just jumps in destroys the thing and goes back home, alright.

Now while our main characters of index, now side characters in this movie, are kind of one dimensional, that's fine because they're well, side characters just brought in here to please the fans. But our actual MAIN characters, singer girl and the chick in the spider robomech, are just as one dimensional. Heck even symphogear had more heart. Spidermech girl just seems like she's on that time of the month and wants to kill everybody and wants daddy back, so, revenge story for her, I guess? Singing idol chick is literally just there as a plot device and to look kawaii for the audience. Heck that's what she actually is, a device to help the I-wanna-die loli chick to finish her magic spell whatever and kill everyone and herself. Whaaaaaa

Now underneath all these criticisms I did overall enjoy this. It was not a smart one, but it was a fun ride, and the soundtrack certainly did help in elevating that hype as I was watching this. In the moment this movie's great man. May get cheesy, but you may or may not get some feels. However once it's done and the curtains close and you think about it it's kind of dumb. But it's dumb fun, and that's a-ok. 6/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 13, 2021 11:43 AM

May 2017
Arisa is missing some shiny colors for an idol -_-

Also thoses 3 magical girls get introduced but theres almost nothing about them , its like they have been made to add action on fights

The movie name bother me a lot , it say majutsu no index , but Saten is there , also railgun ost 🤔

Still i was quite happy when Saten wad holding that thing (god know where she hide it) and wanted to destroy everything lol but then that blonde guy decide to crush my happiness 😓

That 3D...it look flat

7/10 nice fanservice and saten are saving the movie
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jul 14, 2021 7:17 AM

Mar 2016
Actually I wanted to watch only 10 minutes of the movie or something near that amount of time, but it was too hard to stop, hah. so I ended up with watching the whole thing.
Girls are super cute as always. And Arisa too. I like there is such an important message from her at the beginning. It’s better don’t waste your own time and energy for self-eating, but spend them doing something you good at or passionate about. Sad she was not be able to do what she loves freely without thinking about other people for some time.
Funny how Toma wanted to behave cool, but did not hit the ball ahahaha. Sphynx is a cutie and Index has a good appetite as always. Poor Toma’s wallet. Back to watching this universe does feels like coming home.
Witches is what my heart is weak for \(^o^)/ And confrontation with science is pretty interesting, right? We used to separate magic and science in anime/manga/etc, but it suits kinda well for each other… anyways it feels refreshing.

p.s. bach cello suite was kinda annoying even if it was just for a moment. I don’t mind this piece, but it’s too overplayed
p.p.s. “Toma cooks the food, I eat that” relationship goal. Haha, Toma is too kind
+ i think, Shutaura was right, no such thing as miracle
Jan 10, 2022 6:03 AM

Aug 2018
Babel Tower, hm..
I think we’re not making elevators into space right now, simply because of earthquakes, I imagine.. I’d guess that to just build tower or elevator to space would be possible for our science level.. But it just wouldn’t last for long due to earthquakes..
If Kuroko is in the chair, then time, when things are happening, is understandable..
Well, indeed, I think, that having abilities.. As if already puts you onto some path.. Of realizing them.. Not sure, how true that is.. And how many persons continue to work, using their abilities.. But at least in Academy City it’s probably the case?.. At least until graduation students are being kept on the path of related to their esper abilities, I imagine.. Well, it’s kind of preventing you from following other possible paths, yeah.. But it’s also probably only Academy City, as well as not 100% of students, even higher than level 2, I imagine, will work with using their esper abilities in particular in the end..
These 3 girls with Magnus have all kinds of outfits, lol..
Well.. With how almost every event “can cause war”, as many people say.. It seems that world is one the edge.. And maybe it’s just fighting with inevitable, if there are always events that can cause war regularly..
Well, potentially having some Holy one abilities certainly puts a strain on Arisa even more than if she’s having esper powers, it seems, yeah..
It seems that Index was right all along, with the thought about the Tower of Babel..
Well, frog doctor might be onto something, lol.. Maybe Touma is heading for the record of hospitalizations, lol.. ;P
Nice that they use music, Arisa’s singing during these scenes.. Feels like culmination or climbing right to it..
Now Shutaura’s singing too..
Arisa and Shutaura became one there, it seems?..
Power of wishes, hm.. We can expect more of this in the future Index series, maybe?..
And it seems our Aleister was behind all this all along.. Interesting to see that maybe Laura Stuart was also with him.. Maybe they have some goals..
Feb 8, 2022 4:38 PM

Aug 2020
Good movie. I was surprised to see Stiyl's apprentices

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 24, 2022 7:02 AM
Oct 2019
Idol in Index Movie.

Animation was nice, if only the series have these kind of budget.

Jesus Christ, i swear the amount of nude and ass in this Movie, they doing this on purpose for sure.

Miracle, yeah of course it doesn't need any sense.
Like Kanzaki flying in space without any suit, launch an attack and still can talk.
Also somehow landed safely on Earth? Bruhh
Lmao that is the most ridiculous shit i have ever seen from this series.

Story was decent even though there is many of plot hole.
But i guess who cares, it's a Miracle right?

Song was okay, even though Idol singing scene was CGI but still look decent.

Overall it's a fun 1 hour and 30mins of entertainment.
6/10
Nov 7, 2022 7:45 PM

Dec 2020
Kanzaki just flying around in space and then falling down lol

Ok but this is just basically another arc of index but with a higher budget for nicer looking action scenes. Cameos were nice, so was the singing, the action scenes were dope but it still was just a typical arc. Nothing too out of ordinary but it was a fun watch
Jun 6, 2023 10:09 AM

Nov 2010
So, the plot is about Ladylee doing a magical experiment that causes the shuttle to crash. During that event, Shutaura made a wish so powerful it made a miracle that split her into two and changed the fate of 88 passengers (including her) at the expense of her father. Meanwhile, Ladylee is trying to use Shutaura's other half, Arisa, which has the power to manipulate causality so that she can end her immortality while sacrificing a lot of people once the space elevator collapses back into the Earth.

It's an interesting movie with plenty of mystery in the beginning. However, they never revealed how Ladylee became immortal apart from that short scene of her receiving stones thousands of years ago. Are they going to show that in the third season?

The animation is excellent, some fanservice, and most, if not all, of the female cast, were so beautiful to look at! Also, most of the songs were super catchy! I might download some of them.

As usual, they are demonizing immortality. I will never agree to that. As someone with an infinite amount of things to do & unfathomable curiosity about everything, I would happily take her immortality for my own!
Jul 31, 2023 1:17 PM

Jun 2017
atama itai !!The music is nice ,other than that  meh.The whole plot goes round and round without a good setting ,devoid of exposition & a meaningfull resolution
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What happened to Arisa?

sudelikespotato - Jan 23, 2022

5 by DivineLion »»
Oct 24, 2022 11:53 PM

» Why is Touma hiding th fact that magic exists?

olha2 - Mar 23, 2015

5 by Laplace_kun »»
Jul 17, 2022 12:31 AM

» (Spoilers) Magical Index movie regarding Kanzaki

NightHawke68 - Feb 18, 2016

1 by Ljw »»
Jul 21, 2020 3:57 PM

» Does Misaka know Arisa from before the events of the movie? (spoiler maybe)

AnimeMangaGamer- - Sep 23, 2013

2 by Yuki_Haru2 »»
Oct 7, 2018 8:16 AM

» What do they hear at the end?

tsaavik - May 15, 2016

1 by edwarx »»
Oct 22, 2016 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.