Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2013 4:52 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nishizumi-dono ~~~~ !!!! (girls und panzer joke ;-)

How come Yellow is always the cutest and funniest?

"Defense is the most powerful form of Attack!!"

Are we going to see more of the butler? LOL

An anime in which the heroine throws up.... LOL

Of course we must not forget the troll faces of Red and Blue X-D
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 23, 2013 6:24 PM

Nov 2008
These Precure are just too powerful for their own good and Alice took down all 3 bullies at once, who would've known such an elegant and proper girl could be that good of a martial artist at that young of age. Yellow means defense, the theme of this season, we got Himawari in Vividred and now Alice in Doki Doki Precure and her defenses are overpowered as well. I would like to see her fend off a Jikochu in civilian form.

Didn't expect Mana to throw up and in a kids show.

Feb 23, 2013 10:36 PM
Jun 2011
this was great episode and alice is very strong.
also here the next episode titles:
episode 5: No Way! That Girl is Cure Sword?
episode 6: What a Shock! MakoP is Coming to My House!?
episode 7: Close Battle! Farewell, PreCure!
episode 8:Kyupirappa~! A Mysterious Baby is Born!!
Feb 23, 2013 10:56 PM

Feb 2008
Well it seem like MakoP will join the team in episode 6.

Yeah indeed Precure is so powerful and I didn't expect Alice to be good in martial arts.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 23, 2013 11:28 PM

May 2011
great episode, i really didn't expect alice to be good in martial arts so seeing her beat up those bullies was quite a shock. Anyway, rosetta has the best transformation in my opinion :)
Feb 24, 2013 12:48 AM
Nov 2012
Sebastian confirmed for bro.

Alice confirmed for best precure.

Can't stop mah swag!
Feb 24, 2013 1:05 AM
Oct 2012
Sebastian confirmed for best character more like it.

Alice also best Precure.
Feb 24, 2013 1:55 AM

Sep 2012
I never expected the little and cute Alice to take down three bullies at once...
I was afraid of that season since the three first episode weren't what I call a good start, but I'm kinda relieved here.
Feb 24, 2013 2:40 AM

Oct 2011
Yellow Precure that isn't some kind of weirdo... feels weird. Very weird even - especially that she seems to be most down to Earth with removing of evidences, planing and whatnot.
But on the other side it's nice to see her fitting into dynamic of Mana and Rikka. I wonder if that topic of her loosing calm will be explored further - after Mint it would be fun to see another Precure going on full scale when angry (both are also defensive type so maybe it will be the case here).

Also it's nice to see that they are rather strong: last few seasons (HeartCatch, Suite and Smile) went into rather weaker Precures but those seem to be competent and confident in what they are doing.

Episode 8 looks scary if we are talking about THAT child :3 but I hope to have group complete and looking how Sword becomes more likable.
Feb 24, 2013 2:53 AM

Nov 2011
Well, Rosetta seems to be the strongest among the 4 right now. I wished the battle after the precure introduction will be more interesting.

Feb 24, 2013 4:09 AM

Nov 2012
that episode was all over the place. alice's backstory was ridiculous + not in a good way. but then her character is really quite good + she also seems to have her feet firmly planted on the ground, what with the removal of evidence + whatnot. also the first selfish was ridiculous (it's not selfish to listen to music at full volume for a start) but then the second selfish was good (then again i think the ridiculous yet somehow hilarious subs helped that). i've said ridiculous a lot. that's my feeling towards this episode actually - ridiculous.

having said that, i quite like that the show's not moving on at a snail's pace. we've already got all the precure + they're already finding out cure sword's "secret" identity - we're also finally getting a character who's relatively on the ball (alice).
Feb 24, 2013 5:15 AM

Sep 2012
samt2910 said:
also the first selfish was ridiculous (it's not selfish to listen to music at full volume for a start)
But listening to music at full volume on the street so that the music leaks out and disturbs other people IS SELFISH. I am sure this is what the boy wanted to do which resulted in his selfish thought being taken hijacked by the bad guy.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 24, 2013 7:05 PM

Dec 2011
Seeing how Alice is protective of her friends (which was quite endearing haha), I think we might be seeing another Mint in the works. Maybe a more 'violent' one. An angry Komachi is quite a sight, but Alice gives off a more 'scary' vibe when she's mad imo. I find her transformation quite nice, even if it's simple. I hope Toei will go further into the girls' background. I liked the part when Mana was hurt at the fact people didn't like her getting involved with others. It looked like there's something more to it in regards to her desire to help those in trouble no matter what. No only that, what Sword said to her (about whether or not will she be able to protect those important to her when the Selfish attacks seriously) might be a foreshadowing of some sorts?

Next episode involves Makopi. I'm looking forward to see her transformation... and the New Stage 2 clips :P
ShootingKFeb 24, 2013 7:13 PM
Feb 25, 2013 1:07 PM

Jul 2012
I can't decide on a best Precure, but when it comes to transformation design..

Heart > Rosetta > Sword = Diamond
Feb 25, 2013 6:06 PM

Jul 2008
Really enjoying this series so far. But I am nervous what the show is going to do for the 30+ episodes between introductions and finale.
Feb 25, 2013 6:13 PM
Mar 2012
Dalek-baka said:
Yellow Precure that isn't some kind of weirdo... feels weird. Very weird even - especially that she seems to be most down to Earth with removing of evidences, planing and whatnot.

But Itsuki was the only yellow Cure who was weird. Urara, Inori, Ako and Yayoi were all pretty normal outside of Urara being semi-famous and Ako being a princess.
Feb 25, 2013 10:15 PM
Sep 2011
It took a while for Doremi Fansubs to get on this one, but it was worth the wait.

I can't believe I found myself enjoying every episode so far. The first one bored me a little but it got better.

I really liked that the transformations were caught on security cameras. The idea that transforming in places might be caught on camera (and the eyewitness reports that Alfred the Wonder Butler removed) is something that's rarely addressed. Like whenever a monster attacks you never have police or reporters anywhere near the scene.

I thought Alice's backstory was a bit silly. Beating up the two younger kids I could understand, but that one guy was huge, and she's tiiiiiiiiiiiny. But the emotions and lessons behind it more than made up for that. Alice has shown herself to be a great character right off the bat.

There wasn't much of a fight this week, but that's fine because this episode was loaded with character development.

And I'll take a boombox monster over last week's goat monster any day.
Feb 25, 2013 10:24 PM

Sep 2012
One indication that the target audience is 21st century kids is when Akane asked what a boombox is X-D I guess the kids watching the fight would not even be able to tell those tapes the boombox spewed out to grab the PreCures are supposed to be the magnetic tapes of cassettes :-D

Feb 26, 2013 10:50 AM

Sep 2009
Can't wait for the purple Precure.
Feb 26, 2013 1:42 PM

Oct 2011
Jason- said:
Dalek-baka said:

But Itsuki was the only yellow Cure who was weird. Urara, Inori, Ako and Yayoi were all pretty normal outside of Urara being semi-famous and Ako being a princess.
Weird as having some habbit or passion that sometimes was going too much.
Yayoi had it with superheroes, robots and manga (first one was rather extreme).
Urara was one who choose Nozomi as her role model and was first to follow her weird/dumb-yet-awesome plans.
Inori had animals, and Itsuki was into cute things - but ok here is more of family background and one of those was kind of creepy.

So there is, so far as this might change, difference between Alice and rest of those. And I like it :)
Dalek-bakaFeb 26, 2013 1:45 PM
Feb 27, 2013 8:28 AM

Apr 2011
Miho just turned into a Precure! team Oorai will not believe this! lol
Mar 2, 2013 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
Okay, I like the characters, Alice was cool, but why aren't we getting any backstory? Like what exactly Trump Kingdom is and why Selfish is doing what they are doing? Usually in Precure series, we get the backstory from the faeries in episode 1 or 2...
Mar 2, 2013 11:33 PM
Jun 2011
Shoujo-K said:
Okay, I like the characters, Alice was cool, but why aren't we getting any backstory? Like what exactly Trump Kingdom is and why Selfish is doing what they are doing? Usually in Precure series, we get the backstory from the faeries in episode 1 or 2...
the reason we didnt got any backstory until now from the faeries is becouse they were came to earth right after they was born
Mar 3, 2013 12:05 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, I see!
May 3, 2013 12:35 PM

Sep 2012
Hmm I really liked this one. I will give a 5.

Alice (As usual w most Alice named characters) turned out being pretty great. Cure Rosetta is quite likable. (Not sure why called Rosetta though)

Her butler was great also.

I also liked her Lance called her a Baka..

The enemies need to step is up a bit or something.

The ending had a nice twist as well. Even though I already kinda knew the star would end up being Sword. Just cool how Alice is the one that figured it out. How will things go from here. hmm.
May 9, 2018 6:41 AM
Sep 2015
Dalek-baka said:
But on the other side it's nice to see her fitting into dynamic of Mana and Rikka. I wonder if that topic of her loosing calm will be explored further - after Mint it would be fun to see another Precure going on full scale when angry (both are also defensive type so maybe it will be the case here).

Also it's nice to see that they are rather strong: last few seasons (HeartCatch, Suite and Smile) went into rather weaker Precures but those seem to be competent and confident in what they are doing.

Episode 8 looks scary if we are talking about THAT child :3 but I hope to have group complete and looking how Sword becomes more likable.
ShootingK said:
Seeing how Alice is protective of her friends (which was quite endearing haha), I think we might be seeing another Mint in the works. Maybe a more 'violent' one. An angry Komachi is quite a sight, but Alice gives off a more 'scary' vibe when she's mad imo. I find her transformation quite nice, even if it's simple. I hope Toei will go further into the girls' background. I liked the part when Mana was hurt at the fact people didn't like her getting involved with others. It looked like there's something more to it in regards to her desire to help those in trouble no matter what. No only that, what Sword said to her (about whether or not will she be able to protect those important to her when the Selfish attacks seriously) might be a foreshadowing of some sorts?

I am glad I'm not the only one that thought of Alice as a more violent Komachi.
Cure Rosetta is the best Cure of the season, the perfect mix between kind and strong!
Aug 12, 2021 8:50 AM

Feb 2020
Alice is so adorable. :3 I love her Cure outfit.
Jul 11, 2023 5:15 PM
Jul 2019
Muito maneiro, a apresentação da Cure Rosseta até agora foi a melhor do grupinho principal.

More topics from this board

Poll: » DokiDoki! Precure Episode 35 Discussion

ZettaiRyouiki - Oct 12, 2013

14 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 27 Discussion

Kaengel - Aug 4, 2013

20 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 21, 2023 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 23 Discussion

symbv - Jul 6, 2013

31 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 22 Discussion

FrozenLilith - Jun 29, 2013

29 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Oct 14, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » DokiDoki! Precure Episode 47 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Jan 18, 2014

16 by Animelover875 »»
Apr 16, 2023 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.