New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 4, 2007 9:40 AM

Mar 2007
DareDevin said:
Just need to w8 till L showes up :o

Oct 4, 2007 1:14 PM

Jul 2007
An axe murder in Japan delayed the airing of school days episode 12 and higurashi episode 12.

And I'm too desensitized to be serious :(
Oct 9, 2007 11:02 PM

Aug 2007
People are dumber than you think, yourmessage.

Imagine if in the US, the Columbine kids put cardboard shit on their guns so they looked like Quake guns. o_o That seems about comparable. What do you think would have happened?
Oct 11, 2007 3:17 PM

Jun 2007
Chopping someone up and pretending to be Kira doesn't seem like something a mentally stable person would do. It seems like someone running on a very skewed version of common logic which means He or She is mentally unstable.

Oct 11, 2007 6:58 PM

Jun 2007
So your argument is that cutting someone up into pieces and posing as a fictional character isn't enough evidence to call someone insane? Its only proof that he has a different way of thinking? Only an insane person could do this because only insane people can have this set of morals and ethics. Normal people don't chop someone up just because they didn't like the guy.

Oct 12, 2007 12:20 PM

Jun 2007
Severely Misconstrued? When the Insanity takes control? Its not something trying to control them! Insanity is something that a person lives with 24 hours a day. Believe it or not, the court isn't the most accurate gauge for a person's sanity. By your logic, Ted Bundy wasn't insane because he methodically planned out his murders. Also by your logic, Ed Gein, found innocent by the court by reason of insanity, is also not insane because making clothes out of skin from fresh dead corpses resembling his mother isn't exactly spontaneous nor is using human skull caps as soup bowls. Now can you tell me cutting someone into pieces, leaving a couple in a public park while posing as Kira isn't done by someone with a deranged personality who lost contact with reality causing deterioration of normal social functioning?

Oct 12, 2007 2:41 PM
Sep 2007
death note-related crime. oops now they should cut distribution like they do to the rest of the anime. [/sarcasm]
Oct 13, 2007 6:06 AM

Jul 2007
And before you know it, we'll be bringing in nature vs nurture arguments, spouting about tabula rasa, the nature of the human mind, conscience, default design according to the creator, survival of the fittest, the social contract, standards of the modern society, citing the Bible, the Qur'an, the Talmud, the instructions of Death Note, etc, etc, etc.

Whoo!

Seriously though, I'd have to agree with Zamitsu here. Just because somebody does something uncommon doesn't automatically mean that he/she is insane. There's always the possibility of malice, (awareness, understanding, and disregard for norms), twisted beliefs/logic, influence of extreme emotions, alcohol, drugs, etc.

(uncommon) != (illogical) != (insane)

although they may overlap at times but it doesn't necessarily apply to all cases.
YuunagiOct 13, 2007 6:11 AM
Oct 13, 2007 5:26 PM

Jun 2007
DareDevin said:

asandari said:
Killing people is all fine and dandy, but misspelling Japanese words = evil.
He must be punished!

DareDevin said:

asandari said:
Killing people is all fine and dandy, but misspelling Japanese words = evil.
He must be punished!

*goes to buy japanese dictionary* Dx

Oct 13, 2007 5:27 PM

Jun 2007
O_o
Oct 25, 2007 7:58 PM

Oct 2007
And this is why i watch Ecchi animes instead of horror animes X3
Oct 27, 2007 8:45 AM

Oct 2007
bullshock said:
And this is why i watch Ecchi animes instead of horror animes X3

Death Note isn't exactly horror, far from it, but it's definitely not Ecchi lol

The whole incident is a little crazy though...and those of you arguing whether the person who did it is mentally unstable or not shouldn't even bother. I highly doubt any of you are qualified psychologists, and even if you were, you haven't been given the full sweep of evidence. The argument could go either way depending on the details of the murder scene.

life is a dream
~death is reality
Oct 27, 2007 9:07 AM

Oct 2007
isnt death note about a thing that if u write stuff in it about a person that the'll die or something like that, the whole plot didnt catch my eye so i couldnt really say :P but that seems very Horrible/horrorfing to me :P

Anyways I kinda wanna meet the person that did this just to see if hes really insane :3 and if he likes death note XD Also if its a guy or a girl
Oct 27, 2007 9:17 AM

Oct 2007
bullshock said:
isnt death note about a thing that if u write stuff in it about a person that the'll die or something like that, the whole plot didnt catch my eye so i couldnt really say :P but that seems very Horrible/horrorfing to me :P

Anyways I kinda wanna meet the person that did this just to see if hes really insane :3 and if he likes death note XD Also if its a guy or a girl

Well, yeah, people die if you write their names in it, but it's mostly by heart attacks. I mean it might sound scary, but it wasn't really scary watching it at all. Well at least for me. What grabbed my attention was Light's ingenious character development.

Haha they probably more than like it, sounds like obsession to me. And I'm guessing that it was a guy.

life is a dream
~death is reality
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
10 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

16 by jorel262 »»
11 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

6 by deg »»
Yesterday, 4:45 AM

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 1

0 by DatRandomDude »»
May 1, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.