Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 19, 2013 11:09 AM

Oct 2011
I still sort of think Yukino would/should fit in with Mermaid Heel.
I was shocked when they revealed their top enemy to be Jellal though. It makes sense, only Fairy Tail knows he's good.

I wouldn't say he's FINALLY getting caught up in baggage, though it's still necessary. The man was in solitary confinement for a good chunk there, amongst the internal struggle of his sins to the point where he's attempting to let go of the love of his life. >.< Bah.. It's good though, making Erza think more and such.

Someone needed to tell Gray. He's not THAT dimwitted I'd hope. I wonder why he's playing oblivious at this point. "I was caught between some sort of tug-of-war between Lyon and Juvia, and I have no clue what about.." C'mon man. Let's be real.

Lucy was really mature for that decision. Good for her.

Fro had me in my feels for a while there.

But mainly.. I can't wait to meet Minerva!

Jan 19, 2013 11:33 AM

Oct 2012
MielxFoxie said:
Fro had me in my feels for a while there.

Fro thinks so too! ~
Jan 19, 2013 11:43 AM

Sep 2008
Guys... they didn't gangrape her. This anime sucks now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2013 1:17 PM

Mar 2011
Matenrou said:
Solid episode, Yukino is a fitty.

Natsu > Jinpachi(Tekken) lookalike

+1

That Saber boss lookalike Jinpachi from Tekken 5 :)
Jan 19, 2013 1:19 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah I hope yukino joins fairy tail. I thought natsu would invite her
Jan 19, 2013 1:49 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome episode! But two questions:

1.) What about the 13th key? If Yukino is willing to give Lucy the other two (which is a suspiscous move in the first place) what about that special 13th one?

2.) As epic as it was, won't Natsu raging in on the Sabertooth people outside of the arena result in either his or the entire Fairy Tail team's disqualification?
Jan 19, 2013 1:49 PM
Jan 2013
Can't wait for the next episode.
Go Natsu!
Jan 19, 2013 1:54 PM

Nov 2012
MielxFoxie said:

Nice observation! I agree, I think the poor gal needs some time with some female friends that support her. And I have a feeling that Sabertooth's master is pervier than her lets on =.=
Jan 19, 2013 1:58 PM
Dec 2012
Spirai said:
Awesome episode! But two questions:

1.) What about the 13th key? If Yukino is willing to give Lucy the other two (which is a suspiscous move in the first place) what about that special 13th one?

2.) As epic as it was, won't Natsu raging in on the Sabertooth people outside of the arena result in either his or the entire Fairy Tail team's disqualification?

1 - Even in the manga there hasn't been anything about the 13th key so I reckon it will have a big back story (I hope anyway)
2 - The king needs Fairy Tail in the games because they want Lucy for something, well the guy with dodgy nose says so...
Jan 19, 2013 4:42 PM
Jul 2012
Damn, I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT. :(
Jan 19, 2013 5:01 PM

May 2012
Waaaaa!!!! Natsu vs Sabertooth Master!!! Can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 19, 2013 5:41 PM

Nov 2010
Spirai said:
MielxFoxie said:

Nice observation! I agree, I think the poor gal needs some time with some female friends that support her. And I have a feeling that Sabertooth's master is pervier than her lets on =.=

Well her life does belong to Kagura now. So it is possible that she may become a member of the Jellal assassination squad.

Jan 19, 2013 5:51 PM

Nov 2011
Spirai said:
MielxFoxie said:

I'm with this.

Honestly, I have to say, SERIOUS props to Mashima for the entire idea of Mermaid Heel. Not only is it funny that it's a feminist guild, but the very idea of feminism as we know it in Western culture being represented in anime is, I feel, a pretty big step. It's not JUST an all-girls-guild- The girls in it aren't all super sexy. In fact only Kagura fits your anime stereo-types. Milliana does a little bit, but instead of being a girl with cat-ears she actually does look part cat. I also just like her character design.

But it's got an overweight girl, a homely girl with freckles and overalls, an overly skinny to the point of not being sexy and tall lady... And yet they aren't butt-ugly at all. They are still attractive in their own right without fitting your typical female stereotypes. Honestly, I was expecting the audience to cringe and boo them, but that they still thought they were attractive was nice. They aren't demonized at all. It's a great step in the right direction, and such a rare occurance in anime.

I too would LOVE to see Mermaid Heel take Yukino in, because it would be really interesting to see how her character changes and develops in a guild of all women, where Sabertooth was a guild comprised almost entirely of misogynists.

Also, nice character development with Lucy there. I liked seeing how much she's matured.
Jan 19, 2013 6:07 PM

Nov 2010
Amberleh said:
Sabertooth was a guild comprised almost entirely of misogynists.

Not really. There is nothing anti-feminine about sabertooth. The way Yukino was treated wasn't reflective of her sex but of her failure.

Jan 19, 2013 8:27 PM

Jan 2011
Interesting to see that Sting is that indifferent about, or even approves of the treatment of Yukino, after having lost himself. I wonder if he would say the same if the Master hadn't already decided to give him a second chance.
Jan 19, 2013 8:44 PM

Mar 2011
A1 studios showing MAXIMUM trollage by making us wait another week. Can't wait!
Jan 19, 2013 9:41 PM

Nov 2007
NwAurion said:
Interesting to see that Sting is that indifferent about, or even approves of the treatment of Yukino, after having lost himself. I wonder if he would say the same if the Master hadn't already decided to give him a second chance.

Speaking of that, it always kind of bothered me why he got a second chance and she didn't. I suppose it was because he didn't directly lose to someone from a different guild, but he did actually give up on his part of the competition. I would think that is worse, honestly. He didn't even have the gumption to fight through feeling ill. >>;
Jan 19, 2013 11:14 PM

Nov 2011
rimedragona said:
NwAurion said:

Speaking of that, it always kind of bothered me why he got a second chance and she didn't. I suppose it was because he didn't directly lose to someone from a different guild, but he did actually give up on his part of the competition. I would think that is worse, honestly. He didn't even have the gumption to fight through feeling ill. >>;

Remember in the beginning of the arc they mentioned that 'suddenly 5 people joined Sabertooth and they quickly became the strongest guild'? Sting was one of those 5 people. Yukino was a newer member, this was her first chance at proving herself and she failed. Sting had already proved himself over the years with Sabertooth.

I'm not saying it's necessarily fair, but from the perspective of a tyrannical guild leader, that would be the logic.

@Mystocan- Yeah, at least 5 minutes of animation was just flashbacks from either the previous episode or from only a few episodes ago- Flashbacks that weren't needed at all but were clearly there to fill up time.
Jan 19, 2013 11:15 PM

Dec 2010
god i freakin love natsu
Jan 19, 2013 11:17 PM
May 2009
ep was great and all but...

OMFG OMFG its finally here pandemonium the episode weve all been waiting for. i swear to whatever god is up there they better animate erza's crowning moment of awesome
Jan 19, 2013 11:20 PM
May 2009
Amberleh said:
rimedragona said:
NwAurion said:

Remember in the beginning of the arc they mentioned that 'suddenly 5 people joined Sabertooth and they quickly became the strongest guild'? Sting was one of those 5 people. Yukino was a newer member, this was her first chance at proving herself and she failed. Sting had already proved himself over the years with Sabertooth.

I'm not saying it's necessarily fair, but from the perspective of a tyrannical guild leader, that would be the logic.

@Mystocan- Yeah, at least 5 minutes of animation was just flashbacks from either the previous episode or from only a few episodes ago- Flashbacks that weren't needed at all but were clearly there to fill up time.

plus as much of an asshole as saber's GM is, im sure he is well aware of the problems dragonslayers have with motion sickness. if that was a fight he lost
there would be consequences
Jan 20, 2013 1:03 AM

Nov 2012
I realized the only thing I look forward to in FT now is the ending song.
Jan 20, 2013 3:34 AM

Jan 2011
Seeing the fear and shock Natsu struck into some of those arrogant guild members was just so satisfying.
Jan 20, 2013 4:48 AM
Jan 2013
Like Erza said i just want Gray to give Juvia a straight answer because one can never be sure how Gray really feels about her!!!!
Jan 20, 2013 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
Why do I have to wait other week for see ;_; shet I am in love with Fairy Tail, and I WANT SEE NATSU FIRED UP VS SABERTOOTH

I think Natsu soon will develop more his dragonslayer abilities, I mean, scales and that stuff!!
Jan 20, 2013 7:17 AM

May 2012
yeah natsu on rampage :)
fro at the beginning so cute >_<

but didn't know that gray knows how juvia feels about him, although I'm reading the manga lol

and dat soundtrack when erza and dat cat-girl talked about Jellal, goosebumps
Jan 20, 2013 7:33 AM

Mar 2010
sadly this episode left me bored a bit... :(
But next episode....I AM SURE MINERVA DEFINITELY APPEARS!!! *__________*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2013 4:06 PM

Nov 2011
So we're getting a new opening for sure next week right? 'Breakthrough' only covers the events up to Day 2 and we have 15 episodes so far with 1 opening, which is too much for Fairy Tail standards at least!
Jan 20, 2013 4:15 PM

Dec 2011
^ According to ANN it's only coming on episode 167.Other sources also say it's only coming on february.

Anyway,in case you want to know the names for them,they're on the spoiler below:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10942
Jan 20, 2013 4:42 PM

Feb 2012
A new opening for FT in the near future took them long enough, and given this episode wasn't all that exciting we seem to have a battle royal lined up for Natsu next week.
Jan 20, 2013 5:09 PM
Mar 2010
WolfWoods said:
^ According to ANN it's only coming on episode 167.Other sources also say it's only coming on february.

Episode 167 should be airing Febryary 2nd. That's probably why ANN lists it.
Jan 20, 2013 9:52 PM

Feb 2012
Natsu really did it this episode. I can't wait for next week!

<3 Fairy Tail
Jan 21, 2013 1:55 AM
Nov 2012
This was kinda meh, but having said that its just meant to be that way we are still watching the build up of the climax for this arc.

Zeref....again?..i mean the villains are sooooo....er..(guess his story wasn't finished)
-Besides the island one every other villain i can remember was building something powering up something...is there no other motive the writes can come up with..?

Can't wait to see Natsu beat this guy up buti have feeling Natsu gona lose epicly!
Jan 21, 2013 4:09 AM

Jan 2008
Meh, am I the only one who felt that this episode was quite rushed? But the sweet parts are coming up from this episode :)
Jan 21, 2013 5:05 AM

Dec 2011
GrayArchon said:
WolfWoods said:

Episode 167 should be airing February 2nd. That's probably why ANN lists it.

Yeah I agree.But it's February for sure.
Jan 21, 2013 10:38 AM
Jul 2009
Finally, Natsu's back to being cool. I really hope he puts the beats to that "master".
Jan 21, 2013 5:41 PM

May 2012
I cant f*cking wait for Natsu to kick some sabertooth a5s!!! I am so raged at their master, i wanna go and kick him myself!!! >__< Go Natsu, pawn that nigga like the badass you are!!!
Jan 21, 2013 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
Its always great to see natsu get all fired up, however it sucks when you have to wait a week for the aftermath to unfold.
Jan 22, 2013 12:40 AM
Nov 2012
i feel bad for erza and jellal
jellal changed and he wasn't even bad in the first place. he was just controlled by one of zeref's demons =.=
Jan 22, 2013 5:38 AM

Jan 2013
Lokovodo said:
Its always great to see natsu get all fired up, however it sucks when you have to wait a week for the aftermath to unfold.

This, it felt amazing if it would have went on with the fight it would have been the episode! :)
Jan 23, 2013 4:45 PM
Jan 2013
does anyone know what ost was playing when yukino was trying to give away her keys to lucy?
Jan 24, 2013 12:58 AM

Feb 2012
Echelonex said:
I cant f*cking wait for Natsu to kick some sabertooth a5s!!! I am so raged at their master, i wanna go and kick him myself!!! >__< Go Natsu, pawn that nigga like the badass you are!!!
Pretty much this lol.

Jan 24, 2013 4:45 AM

Jul 2011
Great episode! In this episode Natsu reminded me a lot of Luffy.
Jan 25, 2013 3:48 PM
Jan 2013
Great episode but a slow one... and btw im guessing Natsu is going to get his @ss kicked by Sabertooths' Master...xD
Jan 27, 2013 7:00 PM
Jan 2013
Natsu was badass! . . . . . . . .
Jan 28, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2009
Go Natsu!!! But omg he went alone? I'm worried....
But then the new generation dragon slayers might actually be good guys...so who knows.

And Lucy really miss out not getting that 2 golden keys! But having a full set of the 12 keys which is the one and only in the world...sounds scary. It's like many people will target her. But it will definitely go down history~
Jan 30, 2013 2:11 PM
Jul 2012
nothing really comment on this episode. It was kinda boring. I'm suprised there aren't more comments on how Gray knows Juvias feelings and was blatantly ignoring it.
Jan 30, 2013 5:01 PM
Dec 2012
JavierR said:
nothing really comment on this episode. It was kinda boring. I'm suprised there aren't more comments on how Gray knows Juvias feelings and was blatantly ignoring it.

I don't think it's a matter of ignoring her feelings; it's just that he doesn't really know what to do about it. He likes her I think, but not in a romantic way, whereas Juvia has pushed the romanticism to an extreme extent. I wouldn't say she likes Gray for what he truly is but simply built this idea in her head of what a hypothetical relationship would look like.

It isn't too different from some high school kid having a "crush" on someone else and fervently stalking him or her based on some fantasy.
Jan 31, 2013 8:13 AM

Jul 2009
Natsu is such a pure badass.
Feb 2, 2013 5:08 AM

Aug 2011
so fucking awesome!!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KaaN10 - Oct 11, 2010

104 by AngelMilky_15 »»
May 9, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Sep 27, 2010

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shadowsword - Sep 20, 2010

89 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KaaN10 - Sep 13, 2010

107 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Knave - Sep 6, 2010

123 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.