Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 18, 2007 4:07 PM

Jan 2007
another great episode. things are finally tying together. unfortunatly next episode is a recap
Feb 18, 2007 4:27 PM

Aug 2006
Yep, this series has some great character conflicts! It sure is shaping up to be a great finale in the last couple of episodes. I'm curious to see what will happen next!

Faust721 said:
unfortunatly next episode is a recap

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Feb 18, 2007 7:19 PM

Nov 2004
I'm not sure what kind of finale there will be for the first season (assuming the second season rumour is true). Although I think Code Geass wasted some time with useless episodes. There is still a lot they can do (and they haven't even introduced the second prince properly yet.. Schniezal or something like that). Oh well it needs a second season so it's all good. But yeah, it would probably have a to be continued-like ending ya know. :P
Feb 18, 2007 7:38 PM

Jan 2007
a second season would be great. and I agree there is still much moer they can do
Feb 19, 2007 11:34 AM

Aug 2006
I seriously hope the second season rumors are true. From the moment I saw this series I was hoping it would be a 50 episodes since this story has such a high possibility of going more complex.
Feb 20, 2007 1:44 PM

Aug 2006
Hmmmm...

This is getting interesting
Jan 27, 2008 2:05 AM

Jun 2007
really interesting episode, though the ED wasnt really proper to the ambient of the.... craziness?

anyways, i think it is going great, i just wonder what'll happen next...
Feb 23, 2008 2:37 AM

Feb 2008
He is going mad afterall. And I hate the way CC looks at Lulu in the ending part. I think that she's not satisfied with him at all.
Mar 10, 2008 1:38 PM

Nov 2007
This series still did'nt really catch me. But its fun too watch and I want to know how it ends..

This ep was OK
Mar 27, 2008 4:02 PM
Oct 2007
Ahh, they found out, ehehe

Possibility of Shirley's memories coming back...

w00t..
Apr 8, 2008 4:25 PM

Mar 2008
I wonder what Lulu was thinking about as he laughed in the end of the episode.

During the episode he mentioned two pieces that he had been eying for a while. These must have been "the white knight" and Tōdō. I think Lulu was planning on taking Tōdō to his side and using him to destroy "the white knight". Then he learns that the "white knight" is Suzaku, which throws his plans out of whack, so he calls the retreat. It is a victory because Lulu got Tōdō, but a failure because he did not destroy the white knight.

So, what was he laughing about? I think going into the battle he was planning on using the Geass to manipulate Suzaku into being Nunnally's knight ("husband"?). So, after he learns that the white knight is Suzaku he decides that his plan has not changed, and in fact it will work out better than planned since he will gain control of the white knight. Was he laughing because he realized it was too easy? That would explain CC's look at him. She worries that he is growing over confident. I feel a bit of foreshadowing. Tragic hero? Overwhelmed by his ambition? (Macbeth) his pride? his power? (Kira) Not sure if his tragic flaw has been revealed. But at this point I would say he is quite ambitious.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Apr 17, 2008 3:48 PM

Jan 2008
His laugh at the end was definitely evil, I loved it :D This was a great episode that was really eventful!
May 20, 2008 9:05 PM

Jan 2008
lulu as gone mad with power :D
Jun 12, 2008 5:54 PM

Jun 2008
Thaaaat was an... interesting laugh @_@

Lulu go loco?? He sounded like he was on laughing gas or something xD

StabbyPWNSJun 20, 2008 5:23 AM

Sig WILL change soon~
Jun 20, 2008 6:37 AM

May 2008
Loved the evil laugh! I think he's starting to lose it though,all the power got to him.

Earlier Shirley found a note on the floor when she dropped her hair pin - can't wait to see what happens &_&

Aug 17, 2008 2:52 AM

Apr 2008
DarkShines said:
Loved the evil laugh! I think he's starting to lose it though,all the power got to him.

Yeah, it looks like he's losing control. C2/CC (whatever) seemed a little concerned. And Lelouch sounded just like Light to me - crazy laughter of a madman. @.@

I'm interested in what's going to happen with Shirley. I love how since her memory of Lulu is gone that she can't even draw his face now.
Aug 24, 2008 1:19 AM
Nov 2007
i see lulu's gone crazy :S
Aug 24, 2008 12:07 PM

Mar 2008
crowslayer91 said:
i see lulu's gone crazy :S

@crowslayer91: I take it that you only watch the english dub of Code Geass?

(Too lazy to check crowslayer91's anime list)

Same here :D.

Can't wait to see what happens in next week's episode (episode 18).

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Aug 25, 2008 8:03 AM

May 2008
Chelle said:
Hmmmm...

This is getting interesting
I agree
Jan 11, 2009 6:04 PM

Sep 2008
Light's evil laugh > Lelouch's evil laugh

anyways,
great ep.
Jan 24, 2009 7:08 AM
Aug 2008
duotrouble said:
DarkShines said:

Yeah, it looks like he's losing control. C2/CC (whatever) seemed a little concerned. And Lelouch sounded just like Light to me - crazy laughter of a madman. @.@

I'm interested in what's going to happen with Shirley. I love how since her memory of Lulu is gone that she can't even draw his face now.

Lulu is much kinder and humble than Light.

Light wanted to make himself God, by killing thousands. Killing really satisfied his ego. Light was logical, but too smug. Light thought his logic made him some kind of enlightened rationalist. (And Light *was* enlightened in exactly the same sense as Robespierre, but not in the same sense as Buddha.)

Lulu just wants to overthrow an evil empire so that the weak don't have to live in fear. The killing repulses him. The more he kills, the more he dislikes it. Lulu has logic, but he always uses it in service of his extremely irrational heart.
Jan 31, 2009 5:48 AM

Nov 2007
haha. when suzaku was found out, i never thought that 3 people would be shock. then ir emembered Karen is also there lol.

Shirley remembering her feelings for Lulu!

Lulu going mad like Mao! epic win.

Feb 3, 2009 8:01 AM

Mar 2008
woh.. so Lelouch knows that Lancelot's pilot is Suzaku.. and then goes crazy?!? xD ah well, we shall let him off for that I suppose >.< I wonder whether he's going to try to get Suzaku on his side now or fight him o__O though I think killing Suzaku would actually drive Lelouch insane. After all, killing one of his friend's relatives was enough to seriously affect him, killing his best friend? I don't think he'd cope.

though I will take this opportunity to say something that I always always forget to say: Love to Lloyd. Seriously! he's one of my favourite characters so go him ^w^
Mar 15, 2009 12:12 PM

Jan 2009
I think Lulu has gone mad. :)))
Oh yeah, Lloyd's amazing. ^^ Those sarcastic comments of his make me happy. :)
But, back to Lulu, no, he ain't gonna kill his best friend, but the timing of the reinforcements was great, since now he didn't really reveal anything about himself, it just gave him much respect from Toudou, although... The way Karen was yelling to wait for Zero's orders... If nothing, she must subconsciously know -something's- wrong with the way Zero perceived the fact that it was Suzaku in the Knightmare.
Either way, I think he has gone mad. :) I have a feeling it's not because he has a 'plan', but because it's a situation in which whatever he does cannot result in a complete victory, now he got that everything has been working against him, all this while. :] that's what would make me laugh, at least, in his position. I've got a thing for irony. ^^'
Plus, the opening song is really getting to me. :) And Suzaku looks wow in it, even though he's not even close to being my favorite character, gotta admit that bit.
It'll be really interesting to see how Lulu will face Karen right now. :) can't wait to see that little thing.
Mar 22, 2009 3:34 PM

Nov 2008
nice ''zero's'' evil laugh~
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Apr 6, 2009 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
Very good episode, I like Lelouch's evil laugh. 8D
Aina-ChanApr 6, 2009 1:12 PM
HEY!
Apr 28, 2009 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
woah.. he finally knows that suzaku was piloting that white knight... but that last scene where he went all crazy was scary too. ahaha.. and using lulu as a model .haha.. :))
Jun 4, 2009 2:10 PM

Feb 2009
Lulu's Laugh was GREAT!!
But I don't think it's coz he's happy or power hungry.
I think he laughed coz he was he could'nt accept the fact that Suzaku's his sworn enemy when he was just planning to make him his sisters protector.
It was his absolute grief that he poured out in the form of laughter!
And i think C.C was looking at him with concern for his sanity!!

Winners and Victims stand alone!!
Jun 6, 2009 8:31 PM

Nov 2007
Lulu's laugh was sooo LightishXD
I wonder how long will it take Karen to figure that Zero is Lulu, because she must suspect him from the beginning and now Zero he had this weird reaction when realizing Suzaku is the Lancelot pilot..
Jun 17, 2009 7:18 PM
Apr 2009
This was a bad episode.
Lelouch is so full of himself but he totally failed as a leader.
His hesitation just shows he doesn't have what is needed to be a leader. An enemy is an enemy doesn't matter who he is.
This episode just shows clamp failed hard creating Lelouch's personality. It would be ok if he was a football captain. But this is war here, people die.
Jul 19, 2009 1:02 AM

Jan 2009
^^ neoalexys fails at life.

cool ep. Lulu is freakin crazy!

Aug 8, 2009 11:05 AM

Jun 2009
Lelush is crazy.
Aug 25, 2009 12:04 PM

Oct 2007
What was with that song during the attack on Toudou's holding facility?
It seemed kind of out of place....
Oct 8, 2009 1:08 AM

Oct 2009
eff man why cant suzaku just join lulu >:o

Oct 19, 2009 1:47 PM

Sep 2009
OMG!
Suzaku-kun was discovered!
Jan 17, 2010 8:41 AM

Nov 2008
He's gone down the path of no return. This is getting better and better.
Jan 17, 2010 9:12 AM

Sep 2009
I still have trouble paying attention to this. D>

But it`s looking good, nonetheless.
Mar 14, 2010 10:06 PM

Mar 2010
Tohdoh joined the party
Jul 20, 2010 4:09 PM
Jun 2010
Princess Euphemia mentioning Ishikawa in a conversation with Major Kusanagi's English VA = XD
Sep 16, 2010 11:45 AM

Jul 2009
I can't stand Euphie... Ugh, there's just something about her. She is that stereotype of a princess as all ruffles and roses and pinning awards to soldiers' uniforms, and never really doing anything or accomplishing anything. At first, during Shibuya, she seemed to hold a greater compassion for the Japanese than any of her ruling siblings, which set her apart... Now, I just feel she's there to fulfill a quota for cute pink-haired CLAMP girl. :P

I was also a bit confused about "the shocking reveal!"; I assumed that Lelouch learned Suzaku's identity as the Lancelot pilot back in Narita when C.C. touched the Lancelot, filled Suzaku's head with painful memories to stun him, and then Lelouch grabbed C.C.'s leg, and also was affected (thereby learning who was inside Lancelot, because they shared some memories). LOL, guess I was totally wrong!

What is the deal with Todo? He's supposed to be a legendary general/strategist/or whatever... He keeps getting captured? His plans keep getting foiled? wat. I guess I'm confused in Code Geass who is really superior and who is just blowing hot air.

I'm glad Shirley is stumbling upon that diary entry. That whole "Oh, they're in a fight, pretending not to know each other, just go with it..." wrapped everything up too nicely for me.

C.C. is still mai waifu. She is one the most interesting characters, given some of the least amount of screen time.
Nov 1, 2010 11:14 AM
Jul 2010
formosan said:
duotrouble said:
DarkShines said:

Lulu is much kinder and humble than Light.

Light wanted to make himself God, by killing thousands. Killing really satisfied his ego. Light was logical, but too smug. Light thought his logic made him some kind of enlightened rationalist. (And Light *was* enlightened in exactly the same sense as Robespierre, but not in the same sense as Buddha.)

Lulu just wants to overthrow an evil empire so that the weak don't have to live in fear. The killing repulses him. The more he kills, the more he dislikes it. Lulu has logic, but he always uses it in service of his extremely irrational heart.

I absolutely loved your post! It worded my thoughts on this comparison perfectly.

I still don't get what Lelouch was laughing about in the end. I mean, maybe he's planning on using the geass on Suzaku... for something... Well, on to the next episode.
Dec 3, 2010 5:33 AM
Feb 2010
looks like lelouche took a page out of Light Yagamis book of Laughing like a tard
Dec 28, 2010 1:13 PM

Jul 2010
Lelouch is officially going mad.

That was an awesome fight.. And even a Birtanian wouldn't be able to take on seven Knightmares. Ffs Birtanians, get your heads out of your asses.
Jan 23, 2011 12:22 AM

Apr 2010
sunshinesan said:
Light's evil laugh > Lelouch's evil laugh

anyways,
great ep.

I was thinking exactly like you lol xD

Jan 26, 2011 6:00 PM

Dec 2010
Can't believe Lelouch is going mad so soon
Jun 1, 2011 4:25 PM

Feb 2010
great. amazing episode. evil laugh at end was pure WIN.
Sep 16, 2011 9:51 PM

Jun 2011
So now Lelouch knows who his major foe is. What will he do?
Sep 28, 2011 3:40 PM

Jul 2010
O.O Lelouch went crazy. No, he doesn't deserve the name Lelouch anymore, he's ZERO..

Poor Suzaku! I like his ideals much better than Zero and Tohdoh's :) (I'm never gonna call Zero Lelouch again, he's lost everything now in my mind XD)
Feb 4, 2012 8:53 PM

Aug 2010
Bah, why does Suzaku continue to be a dog for the Britannians?
Mar 8, 2012 6:03 PM

Feb 2012
Lelouch is going the route of Mao, and CC knows it -- he was so adamant two episodes ago that he wouldn't, but Mao had his Geas for decades and Lelouch has had his for a matter of months.

Was Lelouch laughing at all the possibilities for using the Geas on Suzaku at his leisure?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xinil - Feb 6, 2007

191 by yulek »»
Mar 11, 3:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.