Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 4, 2013 5:11 PM
Jan 2012
First we should define god. Is a god simply a being with more power than a human can obtain? If so, then with our endless universe it's almost certain such a being exists. It's a small probability that our planet orbits in such exact conditions but in an endless universe it's almost a certainty that probability will repeat itself somewhere, perhaps even with beings that require different living conditions than us. It's then simply just a matter of evolution as to what species is more advanced. Again, due to probability we likely fall short of the spear-head in evolution. In this regard I would argue that these higher beings are gods. Who knows, perhaps they are aware of us and perhaps even control us. Life could even be a simulation like the matrix, but I'm starting to digress into meta-physics so I'll get back on topic.

There's a difference between being theistic and religious. Religions are movements that claim to provide evidence of a god(s) and try to promote their position. In my opinion, most religions are really pretentious. I wouldn't group Buddhism into this category though. Unlike Christianity and other religions Buddhism doesn't preach of a god but rather a man who's wisdom is to be followed. Most people need a path in life and religion provides the answers they need. It's easy to deny religion. Religion has been used as a power tool over the centuries. It's a means of controlling people. Some people would gladly give their lives for their religious cause, some without a second thought. Also if scriptures in religions were meant to be the words of a god, then why are some people able to prove these words wrong? At the end of the day, religion stands as a moral guideline and I wouldn't for one second say it's a completely bad thing. Religion is dying out though.

I take a pessimistic stance to existence and consciousness. Why are we any different from a clock? We have this thing called consciousness. However we just operate because of the biological make-up that lets us. Our free will and consciousness gives the illusion that we are somehow special, and thus we believe there must be an otherworldly creator. People want to believe their loved ones and themselves will not disappear once we die... I don't claim to refute religious gods but it all seems a bit too happy-go-lucky. An eternal dreamless sleep is, unfortunately, probably what awaits us. These are just my thoughts and opinions and for anyone religious I don't mean to offend.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 4, 2013 5:19 PM

Jun 2012
Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

i'm out cause my toaster just popped and rice bread is delicious
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jan 4, 2013 5:21 PM

Mar 2011
It'd be easier to read (and so more people would) if you spaced out your work with paragraphs (even if you feel you don't need them). It's merely aesthetic mind, but I'd recommend it if you want people to read it, people will be discouraged at a large block of text. General rule, you should be looking to make a new paragraph when you go over 4 lines.

Anyway, not a bad piece of writing, though I would think you could structure it more, and provide more of a flow, you seem to have jumped a bit around various area (defining god, likelihood of god, religion, nature of consciousness, free will).

Also, free will doesn't exist.

As for the contents, what cap are you putting on the power a human can obtain? Is it what a human can obtain now, or what mankind will have in the future? If a much more advanced race appeared, they would almost appear like gods, certainly if our current civilization with it's technology went back 1000 or so years ago we would appear like gods to the people of that time.
Jan 4, 2013 5:36 PM

Dec 2011
I think that when compared to a clock, humans are in fact the greater of the two. Clocks would be like tools.. and tools are wielded by humans.
Jan 4, 2013 5:42 PM
Dec 2012
Hello TheAutocrat

Like you said, everything about our universe is so perfect and everything works in exact condictions. So it's hard to believe that there isn't a greater force. You forgot to mention agnosticism.

Have you seen the movie Prometheus recently?

Religion is good for the society - Catholicism used to control people and is a dying religion now. Christianity, however, is stronger than ever and it's a good thing. People stop using drugs, alcohol, anything that is harmful to themselves and other people.

I became a better person once I started going to the church, I view church as a recharging of my spiritual battery. I feel by Sunday my battery is pretty low and is in need of a charge. When I leave Church I feel recharged and ready to take on the week.

I have an extremely stressful job at times, more so lately than ever, and it is very refreshing to get together with people that are supportive and caring, it is also a time for me to reflect on things that have happened throughout the week and gain some of the strength needed to make it through another.

I just don't understand why most atheists are such angry and judgmental people, they always have some rude comment and they always seem so bitter. Obviously, not having the Lord Jesus Christ in their life plays a big part.

The world would be a lot better with people like you, you sound like a nice guy to hang out with.

I just feel bad for people that derail threads just because they can't find something worthwhile to say.
Jan 4, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2013
uzu-dragons said:
I think that when compared to a clock, humans are in fact the greater of the two. Clocks would be like tools.. and tools are wielded by humans.

This is a really interesting notion. I was thinking about clocks as more or so machines designed and used by humans to make life easier, but tools are can be described the same way.

The only thing I'm going to sort of nitpick at the clock/human comparison is how clocks have a very specific purpose, and humans... kinda don't?
Jan 4, 2013 5:45 PM

Oct 2012
Not_Biased said:

Religion is good for the society - Catholicism used to control people and is a dying religion now. Christianity, however, is stronger than ever and it's a good thing. People stop using drugs, alcohol, anything that is harmful to themselves and other people.

Yes, because religion determines whether or not someone is into drugs, alcohol, violence, etc.

PRAISE JESUS!

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 4, 2013 5:47 PM
Dec 2012
Tavor said:
Not_Biased said:

Yes, because religion determines whether or not someone is into drugs, alcohol, violence, etc.

PRAISE JESUS!

I have never said that. People, indeed, stop doing bad things because they want to be saved, not go to hell, or anything you want to believe. It's the best thing for the society.
Jan 4, 2013 5:48 PM

Nov 2011
Not_Biased said:

Ever heard of the Puritans and the Salem Witch Trials?
Jan 4, 2013 5:49 PM

Oct 2010
Not_Biased said:
I just don't understand why most atheists are such angry and judgmental people, they always have some rude comment and they always seem so bitter. Obviously, not having the Lord Jesus Christ in their life plays a big part.

Sorry, but every Sunday morning at 9AM going to the church and looking to a Jesus statue kinda bored me (after 17 years)..

Atheïst ftw
Jan 4, 2013 5:49 PM

Oct 2012
Not_Biased said:
Tavor said:
Not_Biased said:

PRAISE JESUS!

I have never said that. People, indeed, stop doing bad things because they want to be saved, not go to hell, or anything you want to believe. It's the best thing for the society.

Oh you're right! Every non-believer is not scared about hell, therefore every crime committed is by a non-believer!

Jan 4, 2013 5:50 PM
Dec 2012
Hyack said:
Not_Biased said:

Sorry, but every Sunday morning at 9AM going to the church and looking to a Jesus statue kinda bored me (after 17 years)..

Atheïst ftw

The church I go don't even has a statue of Jesus, I am christian.. It's catholic churches that do that
Jan 4, 2013 5:51 PM

Oct 2012
MasterTengkorak said:
Not_Biased said:

Those were obviously demons that needed to be executed, the Puritans' actions are justified!

Jan 4, 2013 5:54 PM

Apr 2012
Not_Biased said:
Tavor said:
Not_Biased said:

PRAISE JESUS!

Yes, it's true that some people stop doing bad things because they don't want to go to hell but it's retarded to assume that's the reason that kept all human beings away from committing crimes. There is also something more effective called the law.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 4, 2013 5:54 PM

May 2008
That's why crime is so low in god-fearing countries, like the US.

Jan 4, 2013 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
Tavor said:
MasterTengkorak said:
Not_Biased said:

Those were obviously demons that needed to be executed, the Puritans' actions are justified!

Most of the accuse were Innocent. They had little to no evidence of them being Witches.

This is how it basically went. One men says, "I think this woman is a witch." The Governor says, "Capture her and put her in prison and she'll be awaiting trial."

All they wanted was a false confession, instead they refuse and they get the rope.
Jan 4, 2013 5:57 PM

Oct 2012
TheAutocrat said:
First we should define god. Is a god simply a being with more power than a human can obtain? If so, then with our endless universe it's almost certain such a being exists.
God must be defined as a supernatural being, otherwise it would be meaningless to refer to it as "God".

TheAutocrat said:
There's a difference between being theistic and religious. Religions are movements that claim to provide evidence of a god(s) and try to promote their position. In my opinion, most religions are really pretentious. I wouldn't group Buddhism into this category though.
Religions are institutions that advocate spiritual belief systems; they do not have to be theistic. Buddhism is as much a religion as Christianity is. Buddhists do not worship the man (Buddha), they worship the system of reincarnation, which brings me to this little revelation that escapes many people: "God" does not have to be a personification, it does not require physical shape or presence.

TheAutocrat said:
Also if scriptures in religions were meant to be the words of a god, then why are some people able to prove these words wrong?
It is impossible to prove wrong the supernatural.

TheAutocrat said:
I take a pessimistic stance to existence and consciousness. Why are we any different from a clock? We have this thing called consciousness. However we just operate because of the biological make-up that lets us. Our free will and consciousness gives the illusion that we are somehow special, and thus we believe there must be an otherworldly creator.
Free will and consciousness is the illusion.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 4, 2013 5:59 PM

Apr 2012
MasterTengkorak said:
Tavor said:
MasterTengkorak said:
Not_Biased said:

Most of the accuse were Innocent. They had little to no evidence of them being Witches.

This is how it basically went. One men says, "I think this woman is a witch." The Governor says, "Capture her and put her in prison and she'll be awaiting trial."

All they wanted was a false confession, instead they refuse and they get the rope.

How to tell if someone's a witch.

Step 1: Lock the accused into a room.

Step 2: See if an animal comes in. If an animal does come in, that means it is a familiar. Therefore, the accused is a witch.

Step 3: If an animal does not come in, leave the accused in the room until an animal comes in.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 4, 2013 6:04 PM

Dec 2011
Not_Biased said:

Religion can be good for society, but not always. E.g. The Salem Witch Trials, Christian Persecution in Ancient Rome, it's use for the advocacy of slavery in the US, faith wars, etc.
And Christians aren't perfect people. I know many god fearing Christians who go to church every Sunday, and are out hitting the clubs and parties drinking and hooking up among other things on other days of the week.

mellon-collie said:
uzu-dragons said:

This is a really interesting notion. I was thinking about clocks as more or so machines designed and used by humans to make life easier, but tools are can be described the same way.

The only thing I'm going to sort of nitpick at the clock/human comparison is how clocks have a very specific purpose, and humans... kinda don't?
I see what you mean, but humans can also survive without clocks, even though they have a specific purpose.

corbenic said:
That's why crime is so low in god-fearing countries, like the US.

And also why the US has more criminals in jails and prisons than every other country on the planet.
Jan 4, 2013 6:04 PM

Oct 2012
MasterTengkorak said:
Tavor said:
MasterTengkorak said:
Not_Biased said:

If it's in God's vain, it's a justified cause! You cannot prosecute a witch through law, that's going against God's wish, instead, demons deserve to be hung!

Jan 4, 2013 6:06 PM

Oct 2012
Not_Biased said:
It might be true. They say ignorance is bliss.

Not ignorance is not bliss.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 4, 2013 6:08 PM

Nov 2011
Tavor said:
MasterTengkorak said:
Tavor said:
MasterTengkorak said:
Not_Biased said:

If it's in God's vain, it's a justified cause! You cannot prosecute a witch through law, that's going against God's wish, instead, demons deserve to be hung!

Innocents still got the rope and the burning stake
Jan 4, 2013 6:15 PM

Oct 2012
MasterTengkorak said:

You're trying to side with these "innocents". I'm being led to believe you are a demon as well; anyone who opposes Christianity is a demon by design to deter us from the image and purity of God!
Bless your soul.

Jan 4, 2013 6:17 PM

Oct 2012
Tavor said:
MasterTengkorak said:

You're trying to side with these "innocents". I'm being led to believe you are a demon as well; anyone who opposes Christianity is a demon by design to deter us from the image and purity of God!
Bless your soul.
Do not speak my name in vain.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 4, 2013 6:21 PM

Nov 2011
Tavor said:
MasterTengkorak said:

Bless your soul.

What I'm saying are Historical Facts. Also which out of the 2000 Gods do you believe? Paganism came before Christianity. Another Historical fact right there.
Jan 4, 2013 6:23 PM

Oct 2012
MasterTengkorak said:
Paganism came before Christianity. Another Historical fact right there.
Wrong. Christianity is 6000 years old.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 4, 2013 6:25 PM

Oct 2012
MasterTengkorak said:
What I'm saying are Historical Facts. Also which out of the 2000 Gods do you believe? Paganism came before Christianity. Another Historical fact right there.

Historical facts are created and placed by demons to make humans think God is not real, the only history we need is from the Bible and its teachings.
Fossils of dinosaurs and carbon dating are mere tools used by demons that try to trick us with, I will not let that fool me!
katsucats said:

Sorry, my Lord. Let me whip my back a few times to relieve of my sins.

Jan 4, 2013 6:27 PM

Oct 2012
Tavor said:

katsucats said:

Sorry, my lord. Let me whip my back a few times to relieve of my sins.
That won't be necessary. Sacrifice the head of a goat at the altar to repent for your sins.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 4, 2013 6:29 PM

Nov 2011
katsucats said:
MasterTengkorak said:

Even if is true, Paganism is still older.

Tavor said:
Historical facts are created and placed by demons to make humans think God is not real, the only history we need is from the Bible and its teachings.
Fossils of dinosaurs and carbon dating are mere tools used by demons that try to trick us with, I will not let that fool me!

You're making this debate a lot more harder for me by bringing up stupidity and stubborness. Either that or Trolling.
Jan 4, 2013 6:35 PM

Oct 2012
MasterTengkorak said:
katsucats said:
MasterTengkorak said:

Tavor said:

You're making this debate a lot more harder for me by bringing up stupidity and stubborness. Either that or Trolling.

Adam and Eve were the first human beings to grace this Earth yet so many give credit to this "Paganism". Real ignorance right there. I suppose it's true, "ignorance is bliss". Until you can accept the Bible, I have no further need to find your assertions valid.
It's not my fault this debate is 'hard' when I have the Bible on my side, written by God himself! Go against the Bible, and you are defying him!
ShoryuJan 4, 2013 6:39 PM

Jan 4, 2013 6:40 PM

Nov 2011
Tavor said:
MasterTengkorak said:
katsucats said:
MasterTengkorak said:

Tavor said:

Adam and Eve were the first human beings to grace this Earth yet so many give credit to this "Paganism". Real ignorance right there. I suppose it's true, "ignorance is bliss". Until you can accept the Bible, I have no further need to find your assertions valid.
It's not my fault this debate is 'hard' when I have the Bible on my side, written by God himself! Go against him, and you are defying him!

The creation of Adam and Eve?

Also I see you're in the Debate club, trying to recruit me or make yourself look good?

Mod Edit: No reaction images.
LunaJan 5, 2013 12:53 AM
Jan 4, 2013 6:41 PM

Oct 2012
MasterTengkorak said:
katsucats said:
MasterTengkorak said:

How is that even possible?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 4, 2013 6:43 PM
Dec 2012
Tavor said:
MasterTengkorak said:
katsucats said:
MasterTengkorak said:

Tavor said:

It's not my fault this debate is 'hard' when I have the Bible on my side, written by God himself! Go against the Bible, and you are defying him!

The bible is the word of god and it was written by humans. Christians don't accept the bible, they accept Jesus. Don't try to act as christian when you know nothing. Stop trolling.
Jan 4, 2013 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
MasterTengkorak said:

The creation of Adam and Eve?

Also I see you're in the Debate club, trying to recruit me or make yourself look good?

I can see the devil has tainted your faith, it's okay, some of us don't have the willpower to break through his wickedness, but it's never too late to be saved!
I also did not see the relevance of bringing up aliens, as aliens were not created by God, and that's a fact! What is a fact however, is that God created Adam and Eve. Don't believe me? Look in the Bible my friend.
I'm in the Debate Club though for a reason: to make sure the members do not disgrace thy Lord, or I kick them out!
LunaJan 5, 2013 12:54 AM

Jan 4, 2013 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
Not_Biased said:
The bible is the word of god and it was written by humans. Christians don't accept the bible, they accept Jesus. Don't try to act as christian when you know nothing. Stop trolling.
You must accept the Bible to accept God.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 4, 2013 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
I trust unquestioningly in the word of the God Emperor.

Blessed is the mind too small for Doubt.

There is no innocence. Only degree's of Guilt.

Hatred is the Greatest Gift the God Emperor has given man.

Hate! Hate! Hate!
An emotion as pure as it is deep!
Hate! Hate! Hate!
Let it flow, let it run free!

REJOICE BROTHERS! FOR GLORY BE HIS NAME!
Jan 4, 2013 6:50 PM

Oct 2012
Tavor said:
I can see the devil has tainted your faith, it's okay, some of us don't have the willpower to break through his wickedness, but it's never too late to be saved from our Lord!
Brother Tavor. Let us pray for these poor souls who don't know their left hand from their right.

Heavenly Father. Please have mercy on us, and these atheists, for I believe in you and that your word is true. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless. These atheists do not mean harm. They are misled by the devil. Please give them salvation and the strength to turn away from evil. Amen!
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 4, 2013 6:52 PM

Oct 2012
katsucats said:
Tavor said:
I can see the devil has tainted your faith, it's okay, some of us don't have the willpower to break through his wickedness, but it's never too late to be saved from our Lord!
Brother Tavor. Let us pray for these poor souls who don't know their left hand from their right.

Heavenly Father. Please have mercy on us, and these atheists, for I believe in you and that your word is true. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless. These atheists do not mean harm. They are misled by the devil. Please give them salvation and the strength to turn away from evil. Amen!

Amen brother.
All in due time when Judgement Day comes, at least we know where God will place us!

Jan 4, 2013 6:56 PM

Oct 2012
RedArmyShogun said:

Hate! Hate! Hate!
An emotion as pure as it is deep!
Hate! Hate! Hate!
Let it flow, let it run free!
Jesus knows about you, and He loves you. But you must have Him in your heart before he will forgive you. Please find the right path, accept God and His Holy Spirit within you until you have rebuked the heathen, destroyed the wicked, and and put out their name forever so that only eternal salvation of the Savior remain dutifully in your heart. God bless you RedArmyShogun.
katsucatsJan 4, 2013 7:01 PM
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 4, 2013 7:05 PM

Jan 2013
Begone with your lies, heretic.

Our thoughts light the Darkness that others may cross space.
We are one with the Emperor, our souls are joined in his will.
Praise the Emperor whose sacrifice is life as ours is death.
Hail his name the Master of Humanity.
Jan 4, 2013 7:18 PM

Oct 2012
RedArmyShogun said:
Begone with your lies, heretic.

Our thoughts light the Darkness that others may cross space.
We are one with the Emperor, our souls are joined in his will.
Praise the Emperor whose sacrifice is life as ours is death.
Hail his name the Master of Humanity.

God made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when He cast him down into hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth. The strong among the mighty shall speak to him out of the midst of hell with them that help him: they are gone down, they lie uncircumcised, slain by the sword; and they that were his arm, that dwelt under his shadow in the midst of the heathen.

To those who turn away from the Lord Jesus Christ, Hell is naked before Him, and destruction has no covering. Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them.

I have set the Lord always before me: because He is at my right hand, and I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices. My flesh also shall rest in hope. I pray that you make the right decision, for love will always prevail over evil, and those who worship false gods shall be punished mightily.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 4, 2013 7:26 PM

Jan 2013
So great has been the calamitousness of these times, and such the inveterate malice of the heretics, that there has been nothing ever so clear in our statement of faith, nothing so surely settled, which they, at the instigation of the enemy of the human race, have not defiled by some sort of error. For which cause the holy Inquisition hath made it Its especial care to condemn and anathematise the principal errors of the heretics of our time, and to deliver and teach the true and Imperial doctrine; even as It has condemned, anathematised, and decreed.

The weak will always be led by the strong. Where the strong see purpose and act, the weak follow; where the strong cry out against fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are many who are weak; and many are their temptations. Despise the weak for they shall flock to the call of the Daemon and the Renegade. Pity them not and scorn their cries of innocence - it is better that one hundred innocently fall before the wrath of the Emperor than one kneels before the Daemon.

I will not kneel to you Daemon. You and the Chaos Gods hold no power here.
Jan 5, 2013 6:29 AM
Jan 2012
Now that this little show seems to over, I would like to exhort some of the participants. Do not make fun of someones argument. It's not easy to counter all I said in my OP, however he gave a reply that still remains worthwile to properly reply to. C'mon eh? That was a poor show...
Jan 5, 2013 7:13 AM

Dec 2011
Not_Biased said:
Like you said, everything about our universe is so perfect and everything works in exact condictions. So it's hard to believe that there isn't a greater force. You forgot to mention agnosticism.
Concluding that the universe is perfect is quite absurd. Our understanding of the universe is very limited. It could be the imperfections in the universe that allow it to be. We have nothing to compare it with, and you must also keep in mind that 'perfect' is a human concept.
howlingfantodsJan 5, 2013 7:18 AM
Jan 5, 2013 7:30 AM
Jan 2012
Not_Biased said:

well, you are forgetting one thing: natural selection.
What if there were lots of universes before ours, and just ours had the "genes" to make it work correctly and the others just "died"??
Jan 5, 2013 8:48 AM
Dec 2012
hboson said:
Not_Biased said:
Concluding that the universe is perfect is quite absurd. Our understanding of the universe is very limited. It could be the imperfections in the universe that allow it to be. We have nothing to compare it with, and you must also keep in mind that 'perfect' is a human concept.

Well, if it really was, how could I tell you anyway? I do think it's perfect.

Earth size is perfect

The Earth is located in the right distance from the sun, our moon has the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull

i think our planet is way too perfect in every way to have been made by random coincidence, everything is ideal

not to mention the ocean

@creativiti
i haven't heard of any theory like that

here's a nice article to read
http://www.icr.org/article/61/239/
Jan 5, 2013 9:21 AM

Dec 2011
Not_Biased said:
hboson said:
Not_Biased said:

Earth size is perfect

The Earth is located in the right distance from the sun, our moon has the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull

i think our planet is way too perfect in every way to have been made by random coincidence, everything is ideal
The Earth has countless faults. It only seems perfect because we can adapt to the conditions on Earth. The Earth isn't the perfect distance away from the sun but it is at conditions that are favorable to us humans.

Therefore saying that the Earth's conditions are 'perfect' doesn't make any sense. Now you could say that the Earth is perfect for humans, but that would also be an invalid argument. There are thousands of natural disasters that can instantly kill human beings. Floods, earthquakes etc. Not to mention the fact that you can't breath underwater and can only live on land, even though about 70% of the Earth is water.
howlingfantodsJan 5, 2013 9:33 AM
Jan 5, 2013 9:36 AM
Dec 2012
hboson said:
Not_Biased said:
hboson said:
Not_Biased said:

Earth size is perfect

The Earth has countless faults. It only seems perfect because we can adapt to the conditions on Earth. The Earth isn't the perfect distance away from the sun but it is at conditions that are favorable to us humans.

Therefore establishing the Earth conditions as 'perfect' doesn't make any sense. Now you could say that the Earth is perfect for humans, but that would also be an invalid argument. There are thousands of natural disasters that can instantly kill human beings. Floods, earthquakes etc. Not to mention the fact that you can't breathe underwater and can only live on land, even though about 70% of the Earth is water.

What you're saying is what is complete nonsense. The earth is perfect for humans indeed, however, humans are not perfect. We are not invincible.

http://www.abetterhope.com/victory/disasters.html
Jan 5, 2013 9:50 AM

Dec 2011
Not_Biased said:
hboson said:
Not_Biased said:
hboson said:
Not_Biased said:

Earth size is perfect

Therefore establishing the Earth conditions as 'perfect' doesn't make any sense. Now you could say that the Earth is perfect for humans, but that would also be an invalid argument. There are thousands of natural disasters that can instantly kill human beings. Floods, earthquakes etc. Not to mention the fact that you can't breathe underwater and can only live on land, even though about 70% of the Earth is water.

What you're saying is what is complete nonsense. The earth is perfect for humans indeed, however, humans are not perfect. We are not invincible.

http://www.abetterhope.com/victory/disasters.html
The Earth isn't perfect. It seems perfect to us because the conditions are favorable to us. The Earth doesn't have water because it's a necessity for human life, but it's the other way around. Human life exists on Earth because the conditions are suitable. If there were creatures that could adapt to the conditions on Venus, it would be 'perfect' to them but not to humans.
Jan 5, 2013 10:08 AM

Mar 2011
@ Not_Biased

Saying the earth being perfect for humans shows sign of a greater force is such a stupid argument. Of course the Earth is a good environment (near perfect) for us to live in, otherwise we wouldn't be here in the first place. Life will of course always exist on planets that have a suitable environment, it's not as if life occurs on a random planet. Therefore it's stupid to say this:

Not_Biased said:

Earth size is perfect

Because if the Earth didn't have any one of these factors we as the human race wouldn't be here to observe it in the first place.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» "Connoisseurs" of MAL, what are your thoughts on ART NOUVEAU? ( 1 2 3 )

Fario-P - Mar 11, 2021

129 by Fario-P »»
18 minutes ago

» Is it easy to detect fictional drawings from real photographs?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

18 by DesuMaiden »»
20 minutes ago

» スキンケア事は男性にとって必要でしょうか? is skin care necessary for men ?

ISeeLifePeople - 2 hours ago

7 by ScaryOwl »»
21 minutes ago

» About MBTI ミビチアイの事

ISeeLifePeople - Yesterday

7 by Auron_ »»
33 minutes ago

» What are some authors and figures that you hold in high esteem?

FilthyApollo - 5 hours ago

11 by EmiliaHoarfrost »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.