Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2013 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Spectre guy must've taken a wrong turn somewhere and entered the wrong anime, dying in an "explosion" that resembles Hokuto no Ken, good times :D
Jan 3, 2013 8:41 AM
Dec 2012
Low tier Specter's rarely have a epic death just a epic pwn by a gold saint c;
Mar 3, 2013 4:57 PM

Apr 2008
Alderbaraaaaan! *Cries* Serves you right Deep!
Jan 21, 2014 7:30 AM

Jun 2008
What a waste killing a gold Saint with that stupid creature. The writers did injustice to Alderbaran.
Jul 30, 2014 2:46 PM

Jun 2013
Gold saints fodder tier confirmed
Feb 28, 2015 7:55 PM

Mar 2013
I just knew Aldebaran would be taken out by some Zako spectre... That Mu "You are already Dead" and then Hokuto no Ken explosion was hilarious, even if i saw it coming from a mile away. Pity that Mu's old VA wasn't alive to reprise the role, since he was also Rei fom HnK and atleast once had an epic mimicry of Ken's famous line, while inflicting on enemies plenty of exploding body scenes.
May 13, 2015 10:02 PM

Feb 2010
What's up with the OPs in this OVA? Some episodes have both the new and the old one while some only have the old one. I'm confused. Is this just my version? I really love the new OP so it sucks that I don't get to hear it before every episode.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 24, 2017 6:29 PM

Dec 2016
Monad said:
What a waste killing a gold Saint with that stupid creature. The writers did injustice to Alderbaran.

Indeed. Kurumada was drunk when he wrote this chapter or he just hates Taurus.

nicotrel said:
Gold saints fodder tier confirmed

xDDDD
Nov 25, 2018 5:40 PM

Jun 2016
THIS IS AWESOME! Even if Aldebaran was taken out in an understandable but unfortunate manner, we already lost Aphrodite, Death Mask, and Aldebaran. All of which to show how weak the gold saints are when not prepared for the specters. The way Death Mask and Aphrodite got tossed to hell was brutal but Death Mask totally deserved it after presumably sending so many people to hell himself. And the Hokuto no Ken finisher on Niobe was hilariously great. At least Aldebaran took that dude out and left a warning for Mu. The man died standing in his attack position because he fought off the fragrance and made sure not to go out in vain... powerful. Also, it's so awesome how interesting this arc is. It's completely deviated from the original in some ways, especially the fact that I wouldn't even say the bronze saints are the main characters! They obviously will become the main characters once all of them get to the sanctuary, probably anyways, but for now, it's really fresh and interesting.

Pandora seems to be the closest one to Hades. She may be in a pope-like situation? Regardless, she made for a pretty fascinating scene. Her room is painted in angelic imagery and she plays a beautiful harp. She even mentioned how "kind" Lord Hades is. She certainly promulgated the idea that Hades really is about something special. Then Rhadamanthys added an extra level to it. Being one of the top 3 specters under Lord Hades he doesn't trust the traitorous gold saints! It may be purely out of a distrust of their strength thinking they may not get Athena's head in time, but it could also possibly be a distrust of their motives. Perhaps they are double agents and have to play this part in Hades army and that's why their souls were crying and if that's the case Rhadamanthys may suspect so! Interesting. I love how complex the Hades faction has already been set up to be.

A thought I had that I think Mu came to as well is if the gold saints don't get Athena's head by the 12th hour perhaps the just of it is that they will go back to the underworld and this is a trial to see if they are worthy to serve under Hades in eternal youth.

Shun gave some important exposition. Ikki has done the Ikki and been a lone wolf since the Poseidon arc and Seiya was at the Sanctuary because he was seeking Marin to ask about Seika! Maybe that means the Seiya sister storyline will finally come to an end in the Hades arc! I would also like to mention how elegant Shun has always been. Ever since that first arc against Ikki Shun has shown himself to take his foes out with the least amount of suffering he can manage and I loved how he took out Tatsumi with a single karate chop. I would also like to bring up the fact Tatsumi smiled as he fell, maybe this is all being orchestrated by Saori?!

And finally... when Mu felt the great cosmos in the Gemini house... and we saw the hair color... I got chills!!! THIS ARC HAS BEEN SO AWESOME AND THERE WAS NO PART OF ME THAT SUSPECTED KANON WOULD TAKE OVER SAGA'S ROLE AS THE GEMINI SAINT! I AM SO HAPPY! The first two real fights that have been iniated this arc are both so intense. Shion vs Dohko, and Saga vs Kanon. I can see why people think this arc is so good.

Edit: I was thinking about how the Saga vs Kanon fight will go and I think the fact that Kanon is here fighting for Athena will move Saga. The evil brother he once imprisoned has finally seen the way. It should be a moving fight.

Sparkyon said:
Monad said:

I KNOW! I just knew he would be destroyed. He's such a kind and strong figure but Kurumada doesn't want to give him the light of day. I know it wasn't canon but even in the Asgard arc he was taken out by a single sneak attack! He's been used twice in the series purely as a device to show how outranked they are compared to the new foes. Poor Aldebaran. I hope he can help them as an enternal star in some way like Shura does with Shiryu.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsNov 25, 2018 5:50 PM
Nov 25, 2018 9:12 PM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
THIS IS AWESOME! Even if Aldebaran was taken out in an understandable but unfortunate manner, we already lost Aphrodite, Death Mask, and Aldebaran. All of which to show how weak the gold saints are when not prepared for the specters. The way Death Mask and Aphrodite got tossed to hell was brutal but Death Mask totally deserved it after presumably sending so many people to hell himself. And the Hokuto no Ken finisher on Niobe was hilariously great. At least Aldebaran took that dude out and left a warning for Mu. The man died standing in his attack position because he fought off the fragrance and made sure not to go out in vain... powerful. Also, it's so awesome how interesting this arc is. It's completely deviated from the original in some ways, especially the fact that I wouldn't even say the bronze saints are the main characters! They obviously will become the main characters once all of them get to the sanctuary, probably anyways, but for now, it's really fresh and interesting.

Exactly! We all love the bronze saints but Kurumada designed fantastic gold saints, each one with a different personality and we were always wishing for more screen time, so this is perfect. Seeing new and old interesting characters together is very nice!

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Pandora seems to be the closest one to Hades. She may be in a pope-like situation? Regardless, she made for a pretty fascinating scene. Her room is painted in angelic imagery and she plays a beautiful harp. She even mentioned how "kind" Lord Hades is. She certainly promulgated the idea that Hades really is about something special. Then Rhadamanthys added an extra level to it. Being one of the top 3 specters under Lord Hades he doesn't trust the traitorous gold saints! It may be purely out of a distrust of their strength thinking they may not get Athena's head in time, but it could also possibly be a distrust of their motives. Perhaps they are double agents and have to play this part in Hades army and that's why their souls were crying and if that's the case Rhadamanthys may suspect so! Interesting. I love how complex the Hades faction has already been set up to be.

And this time we can really call that an "army" and not only 7 soldiers. If I'm not mistaken Hades has more than 100 specters in his army and each one of them represents a darkness star (while the Athena saints represents the 88 constellations). We obviously need the gold saints in this battle!

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
A thought I had that I think Mu came to as well is if the gold saints don't get Athena's head by the 12th hour perhaps the just of it is that they will go back to the underworld and this is a trial to see if they are worthy to serve under Hades in eternal youth.

Shun gave some important exposition. Ikki has done the Ikki and been a lone wolf since the Poseidon arc and Seiya was at the Sanctuary because he was seeking Marin to ask about Seika! Maybe that means the Seiya sister storyline will finally come to an end in the Hades arc! I would also like to mention how elegant Shun has always been. Ever since that first arc against Ikki Shun has shown himself to take his foes out with the least amount of suffering he can manage and I loved how he took out Tatsumi with a single karate chop. I would also like to bring up the fact Tatsumi smiled as he fell, maybe this is all being orchestrated by Saori?!

And finally... when Mu felt the great cosmos in the Gemini house... and we saw the hair color... I got chills!!! THIS ARC HAS BEEN SO AWESOME AND THERE WAS NO PART OF ME THAT SUSPECTED KANON WOULD TAKE OVER SAGA'S ROLE AS THE GEMINI SAINT! I AM SO HAPPY! The first two real fights that have been iniated this arc are both so intense. Shion vs Dohko, and Saga vs Kanon. I can see why people think this arc is so good.

This is a major plot twist indeed but what happened??? xDD /mistery
Nov 25, 2018 9:21 PM

Jun 2016
Sparkyon said:
And this time we can really call that an "army" and not only 7 soldiers. If I'm not mistaken Hades has more than 100 specters in his army and each one of them represents a darkness star (while the Athena saints represents the 88 constellations). We obviously need the gold saints in this battle!

Wow, you're right. This is going to be a real war... :0
Nov 28, 2018 1:33 AM

Dec 2015
@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs The way the Gold Saints are taking central roles is great, that was the minimum they coiuld do, seeing how it was the case in the comic. Of course, they had to add all those little Bronze moments when adapting it because the anime "needs" main heroes.
While I'm understanding all of this, I still had some problems with later big scenes where they gave a role to the Bronze or blow out of proportion their actual role. (also, THIS is NO spoiler, I'm sure of it).

Nice to read something about Aldebaran's death that isn't a complaint.
Also, would you mind giving me the timestamp (approx.) when it is said that Ikki is searching for Seika? (I don't remember having it in my copy)

Also, if I remember well enough, there are supposed to be 108 evil stars/specters exactly...

I hope that you will love the overall direction of this first Hades segment.

Voilà, sorry for bothering you again.

edit:
Monad said:

Sparkyon said:

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

I KNOW! I just knew he would be destroyed. Kurumada doesn't want to give him the light of day. Even in the Asgard arc he was taken out by a single sneak attack! He's been used twice in the series purely as a device to show how outranked they are compared to the new foes.

I just realized that it was actually pretty logical as it is depicted in the OAV: the deaf Aldebaran doesn't notice the ennemy until Niobe's Deep Fragrance is already out and he sees the flower "dying". After all, he pierced his tympana (sorry if it's not the english term) to resist to Sorrent, why would he have magically recovered his audition sense since then?
So, I can't see this as a way to demonstrate the power gap with Hades army, especially by using a "medium rank" Spectre.
Rei_IIIDec 24, 2018 10:57 PM
Dec 25, 2018 2:36 PM

Jun 2016
Rei366 said:

I just realized that it was actually pretty logical as it is depicted in the OAV: the deaf Aldebaran doesn't notice the ennemy until Niobe's Deep Fragrance is already out and he sees the flower "dying". After all, he pierced his tympana (sorry if it's not the english term) to resist to Sorrent, why would he have magically recovered his audition sense since then?
So, I can't see this as a way to demonstrate the power gap with Hades army, especially by using a "medium rank" Spectre.

That is a very good point, that detail about his ears sadly seems manga exclusive. He's never been rightfully taken out of the picture fighting at his fullest. That said, taking out a gold saint twice without putting up much of a fight definitely makes it hard to describe without using that kind of language. Perhaps if the filler didn't also use Aldebaran like this then it would appear as an interesting way to set the tone as much more serious from the get go!
Oct 10, 2022 9:21 PM

Apr 2016
Thankfully Shun is here to give some explanation to what happened after the fight against Poseidon which felt weird nobody mentioned yet, so sweet rooting for Seiya.

Poor Aphrodite getting defeated again but Death Mask's scream when they get sent to hell was funny, he sounded like the Team Rocket.

Always love Shun being all "peace and love unless you want your ass kicked"

That spectre getting blow up was fun.

Now some Gemini drama is about start...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 13 Discussion

Monad - Jan 23, 2014

10 by Fang_Tooth »»
Feb 1, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 12 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

9 by wildhood »»
Sep 8, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 11 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

7 by wildhood »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 1 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Jan 2, 2013

12 by wildhood »»
Jul 26, 2023 10:02 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 10 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

6 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 8, 2023 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.