Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2013 12:30 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
God they changed Shunrei's voice, it's not that the voice acting is bad, well maybe it's a bit bad but the worst part is how she went from a sweet innocent voice to whatever she has now.
Jan 3, 2013 8:37 AM
Dec 2012
Might sound blasphemous but I usually can barely tell a change in voice actors when it comes to Japanese voice actors, likely cause i'm mostly concentrated on reading the subtitles.
Mar 2, 2013 7:50 PM

Apr 2008
Ugh Shunrei...

Shura, Saga, Mu, and Camyu/Camus's voices changed. A couple of them being due to VA deaths.

I'm sad that the Golds are being resurrected. DARN HADES! How dare you use them!?
Oct 17, 2013 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
The new voice of shunrei sucks
Jan 21, 2014 7:06 AM

Jun 2008
RobinMoreschini said:
The new voice of shunrei sucks

That is true.
Feb 28, 2015 7:08 PM

Mar 2013
Yeh my Gosh i cringed with the Shunrei voice.. Criminal casting there. 2 of the VA's changing due to their unfortunate demises is understandable, but the other changes are a travesty.

That aside the episode is pretty good, although it seems alot like a rehash of the sanctuary arc, lit clock, 12 hours, and dead Gold Saints and all. Also considering that many of the resurrected Gold Saints were borderline or outright evil before (Saga and Deathmask), it doesn't seem like such a big leap that they would be comfy in their new roles under Hades.

Not sure how Sion could be Mu's master since he has been dead for seemingly 243 odd years, but looking forward to seeing Roshi in action finally.
Mar 8, 2016 6:39 PM

May 2009
I'm sorry, but it shouldn't be hard to find a voice actress with a soft tone, so how in the world did Shunrei get that voice?!

That aside, why is Shiryu blind again?! WHY!!
Nov 24, 2017 6:26 PM

Dec 2016
SlickDragon said:

Not sure how Sion could be Mu's master since he has been dead for seemingly 243 odd years, but looking forward to seeing Roshi in action finally.

He wasn't dead. He was the old pope, which was killed by Saga when Saori was a baby.

I edited this post which had the answer about Aries Shion and Old Master's "durability" because it is explained later.
SparkyonNov 24, 2018 8:35 AM
Nov 24, 2018 8:39 PM

Jun 2016
This episode went in a great direction. I have to admit when Shura, Camus, and Saga revealed themselves to be sided with Shion I was livid. I couldn't accept it. Saga wanted to directly fight Hades. Not long ago Shura himself guided Shiryu to victory against Krishna, blessing him with the Excalibur to save Athena's life. Now both of those two are going to kill her? I was disgusted honestly. Aphrodite wasn't ever shown to be particularly strong-willed and Death Mask was literally just evil and worked with Saga knowing he was lying to everyone, I thought those two perhaps couldn't take the horrors of the underworld and wanted out. But not these three... However, disgusted I may be, Shion's reveal and some other aspects of the whole scene made everything click for me... at least kind of.

Mu couldn't disobey the old pope because he was literally Mu's master. He probably passed down that gold cloth to Mu himself. That's why he was so conflicted. What this meant, was that the dead gold saints in the underworld must have seen something life-changing. Something able to change Saga, Shura, and Camus. Something able to change their ideals and loyalty. I'm actually incredibly worried to find out what they saw that made them side with Hades. Shion isn't brainwashing them. Well Aphrodite and Deathmask may not be this way, the other three's souls were crying. It certainly hurts them to the core to betray Athena. Yet, they're doing it anyways for a cause that Shion seems to be guiding. I can't say what that is just yet, but man, I love it. It makes this so meaningful already. I can already tell the conflicts won't be as one dimensional as they were in the Poseidon arc. This is reaching the core Saint Seiya that I adore.

Some major questions I'm looking forward to understanding as we go on:
- Why are the bronze saints disbanded right as this is all occurring? That seems ridiculous!

- Why does Hades promises of rebirth and youth only last 12 hours? And what will occur if they don't get her head by then? It seems something even worse than Athena's death will occur if they don't do it in time...

The fact that Shura and Saga have even changed sides makes me actually so worried...

I loved seeing blind Shiryu whoop those silver saints butts. BOYS, DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW GODLIKE SHIRYU HAS BECOME? What are you going to do this time Argol? Blind him again?! That was such a satisfying scene. Shiryu is no longer of the strength that a silver saint could threaten him.

I also loved how Shion went to kill Mu. I sincerely thought it may happen. From the moment we saw the subtle sweat on Mu's face as he pretended to kill Seiya I knew it was going to be intense. Seriously, I love that attention to detail.
When Shion approached the frozen Mu to take him out of this world I kept saying the words, "no no no no no no no" so when Old Master appeared and they spoke on a first name basis my jaw dropped. Shion was a legendary saint before our time. He and Old Master fought when they were young in the Holy War. And now, not only do we get to see Mu fight, but we get to see Old Master fight?! Alright this is awesome.

Sparkyon said:
He wasn't dead. He was the old pope, which was killed by Saga when Saori was a baby.

Thanks for saying this! It makes so much more sense now. :D
Nov 25, 2018 8:29 PM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
This episode went in a great direction. I have to admit when Shura, Camus, and Saga revealed themselves to be sided with Shion I was livid. I couldn't accept it. Saga wanted to directly fight Hades. Not long ago Shura himself guided Shiryu to victory against Krishna, blessing him with the Excalibur to save Athena's life. Now both of those two are going to kill her? I was disgusted honestly. Aphrodite wasn't ever shown to be particularly strong-willed and Death Mask was literally just evil and worked with Saga knowing he was lying to everyone, I thought those two perhaps couldn't take the horrors of the underworld and wanted out. But not these three... However, disgusted I may be, Shion's reveal and some other aspects of the whole scene made everything click for me... at least kind of.

yeah I could totally see Aphrodite and Death Mask turning into Hades' soldiers but these 3 really surprised me, especially Camus. Poor Hyoga!

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Mu couldn't disobey the old pope because he was literally Mu's master. He probably passed down that gold cloth to Mu himself. That's why he was so conflicted. What this meant, was that the dead gold saints in the underworld must have seen something life-changing. Something able to change Saga, Shura, and Camus. Something able to change their ideals and loyalty. I'm actually incredibly worried to find out what they saw that made them side with Hades. Shion isn't brainwashing them. Well Aphrodite and Deathmask may not be this way, the other three's souls were crying. It certainly hurts them to the core to betray Athena. Yet, they're doing it anyways for a cause that Shion seems to be guiding. I can't say what that is just yet, but man, I love it. It makes this so meaningful already. I can already tell the conflicts won't be as one dimensional as they were in the Poseidon arc. This is reaching the core Saint Seiya that I adore.

Exactly! This is way more complicated than before. It seems that even one dimensional characters became more complex here. The ones that are not one dimensional are even more interesting to watch and try to understand their motivations.

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Some major questions I'm looking forward to understanding as we go on:
- Why are the bronze saints disbanded right as this is all occurring? That seems ridiculous!

I don't remember everything (and I can't rewatch right now!) but you know Kurumuda at this point. Sometimes he leaves an "empty reasoning" and let people try to guess what is happening/happened. Other times the manga tells the story but the studio took some creative liberties here and there! (Kurumada never had a fantastic relationship with Toei because of that but this Hades arc is pretty much faithful to the source material)

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
- Why does Hades promises of rebirth and youth only last 12 hours? And what will occur if they don't get her head by then? It seems something even worse than Athena's death will occur if they don't do it in time...

The fact that Shura and Saga have even changed sides makes me actually so worried...

IKR... they are strong MF'ers!!

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
I loved seeing blind Shiryu whoop those silver saints butts. BOYS, DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW GODLIKE SHIRYU HAS BECOME? What are you going to do this time Argol? Blind him again?! That was such a satisfying scene. Shiryu is no longer of the strength that a silver saint could threaten him.

I like Seiya but I could watch a whole spin-off about Shiryu! He is such an iconic character!

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
I also loved how Shion went to kill Mu. I sincerely thought it may happen. From the moment we saw the subtle sweat on Mu's face as he pretended to kill Seiya I knew it was going to be intense. Seriously, I love that attention to detail.
When Shion approached the frozen Mu to take him out of this world I kept saying the words, "no no no no no no no" so when Old Master appeared and they spoke on a first name basis my jaw dropped. Shion was a legendary saint before our time. He and Old Master fought when they were young in the Holy War. And now, not only do we get to see Mu fight, but we get to see Old Master fight?! Alright this is awesome.

From this moment I knew I was watching something epic and nothing like the former 114 episodes!

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

Now I'm worried! Is that a spoiler? (thinking) O_O
Nov 25, 2018 8:40 PM

Jun 2016
Sparkyon said:
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

Now I'm worried! Is that a spoiler? (thinking) O_O

It's no spoiler don't worry! It's simply inferring from the given information. Simple math that some of us in this thread missed.
Jun 19, 2021 9:28 PM

Apr 2013
I feel like we skipped a whole lot of plot points between Poseidon and Hades with how strangely OOC everyone is behaving.

But the biggest question I have is HOW THE FUCK is Shiryu blind again?!!!!

Anyway, i like the premise. It's the Sanctuary arc with the roles reversed. Let's see if it delivers.
R2Jun 19, 2021 9:36 PM
Oct 1, 2022 9:40 PM

Apr 2016
Shunrei's voice is the one they would give to some random girly boy.

Quite funny that the old master leave and just a few seconds later Shunrei is in danger; Perseus! I remember that Silver Saint, the other two not so much.

Camus is with the bad guys so that must mean Hyoga has someone to fight.

They sure love their 12 hour challenge, huh.
Feb 5, 2023 10:20 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
GONNA BE DOHKO VS SHION !!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS OLD FRIENDS FROM THE LOST CANVAS
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 13 Discussion

Monad - Jan 23, 2014

10 by Fang_Tooth »»
Feb 1, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 12 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

9 by wildhood »»
Sep 8, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 11 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

7 by wildhood »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 1 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Jan 2, 2013

12 by wildhood »»
Jul 26, 2023 10:02 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 10 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

6 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 8, 2023 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.