Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 27, 2012 2:07 PM
Mar 2011
What? Did they just skip the whole match???
Nov 27, 2012 2:10 PM

Oct 2012
Mako totally makes this show. When was it said the type of tank they found in the carrier at the end?
Nov 27, 2012 2:14 PM
Oct 2012
CodeNameShield9 said:
Mako totally makes this show. When was it said the type of tank they found in the carrier at the end?

They don't need to say, we have enough experts here who can tell by merely looking at the tank. And not just the type of tank, but which variant of the tank.

They are the reason these threads are so much fun to read. I know diddly about tanks, but have learned quite a lot from them.
Nov 27, 2012 2:23 PM

Jan 2012
Lasst uns unser BREASTES geben, eh, amirite?
Nov 27, 2012 2:47 PM

Feb 2011
okanagan said:
Reply to: no_good_name Post #25
cool picture, got any group ones of team rabbit?

I just found one clear picture showing all six members of Team Rabbit:

It seems that Saki is (top left) the only GaruPan character who is extremely popular, apart from the five girls on the Ankou team. Some amateur artists are posting their work online. Here is a good doujinshi sketch of Saki:

Click here: http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/025/750/86/N000/000/000/135148453078213207727_1128k.JPG

If the link doesn't work, then cut and paste the URL to another browser.

Yea she is really popular in /a/ too. Even /a/ gave her a nickname, "Autism-chan"
The Game.
Nov 27, 2012 3:06 PM

Feb 2012
Omg need a gif of Miho jumping on Yukari when they got startled :D

All the girls in this show are just too kawaii~
Nov 27, 2012 3:28 PM

Apr 2009
ErwinJA said:
Fun fact though: if an L/43, it's the exact same gun that their StuG IIIF has.

Not exactly, self-propelled and tank guns considerably differ mechanically, though they have the same ballistics.

ErwinJA said:
The B1 bis is interesting, but I'm curious how much it'll contribute. The thing is very well armored (60mm front, 55mm side, pretty much immune to Miho's current L/24 gun), but Churchill/Matilda slow, and the 47mm gun is only slightly better than the 37mm gun on the Pz 38(t) - or completely outclassed by it if the 37mm's rarer tungsten round is used - the 75mm howitzer (which has no traverse) is of only limited use at best and has penetration that doesn't significantly exceed that of the 47mm because, well, it's an artillery gun with naturally lower velocity. I also feel sorry for the poor girl stuck commanding it since she has to play gunner, loader, radio operator, and commander.

Despite the common misconception about french 47mm tank gun, it's actually a pretty decent weapon, comparable to German short 50mm L/42. And it also could use 47mm tungsten-core shots of German design. And also, B1 has a place for a dedicated radio operator in its huge hull. Not so much luck with turret, though it certainly could hold at least two Japanese schoolgirls. In any case, I doubt that B1's armour will do it much good against modern tanks they're going to face.

Also, I wonder: if they're going to bring prototypes like Tiger(P) on the er... battlefield, why don't they introduce any decent Japanese late-war tanks, instead of representing their own country with antique Type 89?
Nov 27, 2012 3:50 PM

Oct 2012
I have to get my subs from a different group. I hate how the one I'm with now mixes in bits of German in the text.
Nov 27, 2012 4:04 PM

Apr 2009
CodeNameShield9 said:
I have to get my subs from a different group. I hate how the one I'm with now mixes in bits of German in the text.

If you'd actually read the subs, you'd know that Commie include a regular sub textfile with their release as well as the (funny as hell) German one.

If you're using MPC, just go to Navigate -> Subtitle Language and pick the second sub file. Or just press 's'.

Not sure how to do it on VLC, but then again no one with half a brain should be using VLC anyways.
Nov 27, 2012 4:45 PM

Oct 2012
Reply to: Tachime Post #55
Yea she is really popular in /a/ too. Even /a/ gave her a nickname, "Autism-chan"

Tachime, thanks for pointing out that thread! Great comments and lots of good fan art there too.

I created a poll for people to vote for your favorite Rabbit Team member. And of course you can post comments as well.

See: Poll: Pink M3 Lee Rabbit Team (comment or pick your favorite)
Nov 27, 2012 5:35 PM

Apr 2011
okanagan said:
Reply to: Tachime Post #55

Tachime, thanks for pointing out that thread! Great comments and lots of good fan art there too.

I created a poll for people to vote for your favorite Rabbit Team member. And of course you can post comments as well.

What about the other teams?

See: Poll: Pink M3 Lee Rabbit Team (comment or pick your favorite)
Nov 27, 2012 6:48 PM

Feb 2012
Looks like they're skipping on some battes and highlight only some. Well, it is a 1-cour show :D
Nov 27, 2012 7:11 PM

Aug 2011
tachime said:
okanagan said:

It seems that Saki is (top left) the only GaruPan character who is extremely popular, apart from the five girls on the Ankou team. Some amateur artists are posting their work online. Here is a good doujinshi sketch of Saki:

Click here: http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/025/750/86/N000/000/000/135148453078213207727_1128k.JPG

The first time she showed i thought she was absolutely adorable! I hope she turns out to be some sort of tank genius that saves the Rabbit team!
Nov 27, 2012 8:37 PM

Oct 2012
^ Try googling Saki's Japanese name (丸山紗希). Look for webpages, images and videos (including Nicovideo.jp and Nicoviewer.net). It is absolutely astounding to see how much stuff Japanese fans have created. I can't even begin to summarize it.

coneecheewa said: The first time she showed i thought she was absolutely adorable!

That was also my first reaction. Apparently a lot of people feel the same way.

coneecheewa said: I hope she turns out to be some sort of tank genius that saves the Rabbit

Me too. At least I hope they can actually let us see Saki while she is doing her gun loader job during a battle. It wouldn't surprise me if she displays some kind of superhuman courage that saves the entire Ooarai team.
okanaganNov 27, 2012 9:16 PM
Nov 27, 2012 9:06 PM

Oct 2012

In reply to Magito: What about the other teams?

I found a very good online poll, although it is in Japanese. Here is how you can vote:
First go here: http://vote1.fc2.com/browse/9964099/4/
Click on the circular button to the left of the character that you like.
Click on the white square button at the bottom that says 投票
Another page comes up, and you need to click on where it says 見る
Then you will see the results.

To go directly to the results page (without voting) just go here: http://vote1.fc2.com/result/9964099/4/
okanaganNov 27, 2012 9:12 PM
Nov 27, 2012 9:20 PM

Nov 2012
okanagan said:

thanks
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 27, 2012 9:33 PM

Dec 2007
Sae said:
ErwinJA said:

Not exactly, self-propelled and tank guns considerably differ mechanically, though they have the same ballistics.

Actually, my sources indicate the gun itself is the same. The Germans just gave it a different designation when used on a StuG, but it's the same gun. Ancilliary things like the mounting were different, but the gun itself (barrel, breech, etc) was not.

Sae said:
ErwinJA said:
The B1 bis is interesting, but I'm curious how much it'll contribute. The thing is very well armored (60mm front, 55mm side, pretty much immune to Miho's current L/24 gun), but Churchill/Matilda slow, and the 47mm gun is only slightly better than the 37mm gun on the Pz 38(t) - or completely outclassed by it if the 37mm's rarer tungsten round is used - the 75mm howitzer (which has no traverse) is of only limited use at best and has penetration that doesn't significantly exceed that of the 47mm because, well, it's an artillery gun with naturally lower velocity. I also feel sorry for the poor girl stuck commanding it since she has to play gunner, loader, radio operator, and commander.

Despite the common misconception about french 47mm tank gun, it's actually a pretty decent weapon, comparable to German short 50mm L/42. And it also could use 47mm tungsten-core shots of German design. And also, B1 has a place for a dedicated radio operator in its huge hull. Not so much luck with turret, though it certainly could hold at least two Japanese schoolgirls. In any case, I doubt that B1's armour will do it much good against modern tanks they're going to face.

Not really. There were conflicting reports on the gun, with French sources claiming much better penetration than the Germans did after testing them. German tests actually put it slightly below the 3.7 cm KwK 38(t). However, regardless, the 5 cm KwK 38's penetration was almost 20% greater, at most ranges, than the French weapon. It's not surprising, as the 47mm gun had a fairly short barrel and correspondingly lower muzzle velocity. It was more than adequate for its time, but quickly eclipsed.
For comparison, the 3.7 cm KwK 38(t) was rated at 41mm at 100m range, 33mm at 500m, and 27mm at 1000m.
The 47mm SA35, according to German tests, was 39mm, 33mm, and 26mm, respectively for the same ranges. My French data gives it a 20% boost though, claiming something closer to 47mm, 40mm, and 31mm.
But, the 5 cm KwK 38, well that gets 55mm, 47mm, and 37mm, eating the French gun for breakfast, even with the French figures.
*Disclaimer: all stats are for 30 deg, so it's about 25-33% more against unsloped armor, depending on the gun.

Now, the 47mm SA 37, which was not the gun on the Char B1 bis, was a much longer 50 caliber gun that did indeed slightly exceed the 5 cm KwK 38. That pulled 57mm, 50mm, and 42mm at 100, 500, and 1000m respectively. That was never mounted on a tank though, and was only used as a towed weapon.

Regardless though, the B1 bis is one of their lesser tanks. It was an amazing unit for its time, but would only be powerful if all its opponents were pre-1942 designs. As it stands, I'd rate it as, depending on the situation, the second or third worst unit they have, with the Type 89 getting the obvious distinction, and the Panzer 38(t) being only conditionally better - the 38(t) has an advantage where speed or maneuverability or reliability count (such as any opponent that can beat the B1's armor), and the B1 bis shines against the few opponents that can't penetrate its armor.
Nov 27, 2012 10:39 PM

Nov 2012
ErwinJA said:
Sae said:
ErwinJA said:

Actually, my sources indicate the gun itself is the same. The Germans just gave it a different designation when used on a StuG, but it's the same gun. Ancilliary things like the mounting were different, but the gun itself (barrel, breech, etc) was not.

Sae said:
ErwinJA said:

Not really. There were conflicting reports on the gun, with French sources claiming much better penetration than the Germans did after testing them. German tests actually put it slightly below the 3.7 cm KwK 38(t). However, regardless, the 5 cm KwK 38's penetration was almost 20% greater, at most ranges, than the French weapon. It's not surprising, as the 47mm gun had a fairly short barrel and correspondingly lower muzzle velocity. It was more than adequate for its time, but quickly eclipsed.
For comparison, the 3.7 cm KwK 38(t) was rated at 41mm at 100m range, 33mm at 500m, and 27mm at 1000m.
The 47mm SA35, according to German tests, was 39mm, 33mm, and 26mm, respectively for the same ranges. My French data gives it a 20% boost though, claiming something closer to 47mm, 40mm, and 31mm.
But, the 5 cm KwK 38, well that gets 55mm, 47mm, and 37mm, eating the French gun for breakfast, even with the French figures.
*Disclaimer: all stats are for 30 deg, so it's about 25-33% more against unsloped armor, depending on the gun.

Now, the 47mm SA 37, which was not the gun on the Char B1 bis, was a much longer 50 caliber gun that did indeed slightly exceed the 5 cm KwK 38. That pulled 57mm, 50mm, and 42mm at 100, 500, and 1000m respectively. That was never mounted on a tank though, and was only used as a towed weapon.

Regardless though, the B1 bis is one of their lesser tanks. It was an amazing unit for its time, but would only be powerful if all its opponents were pre-1942 designs. As it stands, I'd rate it as, depending on the situation, the second or third worst unit they have, with the Type 89 getting the obvious distinction, and the Panzer 38(t) being only conditionally better - the 38(t) has an advantage where speed or maneuverability or reliability count (such as any opponent that can beat the B1's armor), and the B1 bis shines against the few opponents that can't penetrate its armor.
The b1 was another crap tank, it had a massive weakness being that its radiator vent was on the side (i may be mistaken, it might not be the radiator) german gunners were trained to exploit this weakness to great effect by utilizing their superior maneuverability.

Dont get me started on that rubbish idea of a one man turret, who on earth could possibly command a tank while loading, aiming and firing the gun?

Plus it will probably end up like the m3, the hull mounted cannon never being used (i would laugh if in next weeks episode they use them in an ambush and prove me wrong)
no_good_nameNov 27, 2012 10:43 PM
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 27, 2012 11:04 PM

Feb 2011
coneecheewa said:
tachime said:
okanagan said:

The first time she showed i thought she was absolutely adorable! I hope she turns out to be some sort of tank genius that saves the Rabbit team!

I myself never really noticed her to be honest, until people talk about her :/
And yes, I would really love it to see her saves the Rabbit team or even the whole Ooarai team day lol

okanagan said:

In reply to Magito: What about the other teams?

I found a very good online poll, although it is in Japanese. Here is how you can vote:
First go here: http://vote1.fc2.com/browse/9964099/4/
Click on the circular button to the left of the character that you like.
Click on the white square button at the bottom that says 投票
Another page comes up, and you need to click on where it says 見る
Then you will see the results.

To go directly to the results page (without voting) just go here: http://vote1.fc2.com/result/9964099/4/

Ah nice. Yesterday /a/ created a poll too but it got proxyspammed and the result is fucked up so badly, so yeah.
tachimeNov 27, 2012 11:14 PM
The Game.
Nov 28, 2012 12:10 AM
Nov 2012
no_good_name said:

Plus it will probably end up like the m3, the hull mounted cannon never being used (i would laugh if in next weeks episode they use them in an ambush and prove me wrong)

I really don't know why people seem to have this misconception that the 75mm gun on Rabbit Team's M3 is unused, when it's clearly been shown firing at least twice in the series. Once during the ambush on St. Gloriana, and the other during the ambush against Saunders. It's not used as often as the 37mm, and for good reason; not only is its utility limited by its placement in the hull, but from the crew assignments it seems there's only one person (Yamagou Ayumi) acting as both gunner and loader for the 75mm, significantly impairing its usefulness. Both times it's been fired has been when the Lee was stationary as is logically should be used.
Nov 28, 2012 12:26 AM

Nov 2012
SayuriUliana said:
no_good_name said:

I really don't know why people seem to have this misconception that the 75mm gun on Rabbit Team's M3 is unused, when it's clearly been shown firing at least twice in the series. Once during the ambush on St. Gloriana, and the other during the ambush against Saunders. It's not used as often as the 37mm, and for good reason; not only is its utility limited by its placement in the hull, but from the crew assignments it seems there's only one person (Yamagou Ayumi) acting as both gunner and loader for the 75mm, significantly impairing its usefulness. Both times it's been fired has been when the Lee was stationary as is logically should be used.

Ok i'll give you that one, i'll change it to "woefully underused"
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 28, 2012 2:07 AM

Dec 2007
no_good_name said:
The b1 was another crap tank, it had a massive weakness being that its radiator vent was on the side (i may be mistaken, it might not be the radiator) german gunners were trained to exploit this weakness to great effect by utilizing their superior maneuverability.

Dont get me started on that rubbish idea of a one man turret, who on earth could possibly command a tank while loading, aiming and firing the gun?

Actually, that's a widely propagated myth that's been discredited more than proven. Known penetrations of the grille were all by 75mm or larger weapons, and even penetrating the grille, there were two 28mm armored plates behind it, so it wasn't much worse armored than the rest of the tank. Also, several accounts indicate they were aiming at something else, as they claim it was on the other side of the tank, and smaller (suggestions include the crew door). Smaller rounds may have managed to penetrate according to those German accounts, but only after intense, sustained fire. A properly trained crew would not let that happen, so if true, it was more of a French training defficiency than a weakness in the tank's design. The feature itself did not lead to excessive vulnerability. It was more an issue of the Germans being able to observe and exploit a possible weakness, as they had amazing gunners, and the French still being stuck in WWI tactics that said to plow ahead and ignore the enemy's fire.

Frankly, such weaknesses aren't unusual. No one's going to claim that the KV-1 was a bad tank, but I have first-hand accounts of German tankers taking them out despite the fact that their guns couldn't penetrate even the weak spots. What they did was targeted the main gun, hoping to deform the barrel such that the rounds would get stuck, rendering the gun useless. Russian crews typically abandoned the tank when they realized its main armament was gone. Did it work? Repeatedly. Was it an Achilles heel? Not really, as it was difficult and situational. Thus, the KV-1 was still undoubtably a powerful tank.

Similarly, there are reports, including from Soviet sources, of German 20mm rounds penetrating weak points in the T-34. Was the T-34 a bad tank because of it? No. It was more a factor of the gun's high rate of fire making it that much more likely to hit the sweet spot, but it was still a lucky shot and not a true weakness. Heck, we even saw it in modern times during the Gulf Wars, as 25mm cannons on M2/M3 Bradley IFVs occasionally bested T-72s.

The B1 Bis's main issues were mobility related. The thing was painfully slow, and could neither chase nor escape anything except infantry tanks like the Matilda or Churchill, and monsters like the T-35. It handled itself fairly well in 1940, with a fairly decent record against German armor - most instead died to aircraft and 8.8 cm FlaK, or were simply unable to keep up with the fluid battlefield. But, as I said, for 1942-onwards, it was hardly a threat.
Nov 28, 2012 2:12 AM

Nov 2012
nseika said:
Among the Anchovies, there's one yellow tank (behind the commander's) that looks really small. The hull length is probably only as long as the crew's body height.
Any information about the model ?

Its a Carro Veloce CV-35, a light reconnaissance tankett it had almost no Armour and was only armed with 2 machine guns (though some were upgraded with a 20mm anti tank rifle or flamethrower)

The command tank in the foreground appears to be a Carro Armato P 40 (though i cant confirm with such a limited shot)

The final tank is a Semovente 105/25 tank destroyer which was the best armored vehicle the italians built
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 28, 2012 2:23 AM

Nov 2012
ErwinJA said:
no_good_name said:

Actually, that's a widely propagated myth that's been discredited more than proven. Known penetrations of the grille were all by 75mm or larger weapons, and even penetrating the grille, there were two 28mm armored plates behind it, so it wasn't much worse armored than the rest of the tank. Also, several accounts indicate they were aiming at something else, as they claim it was on the other side of the tank, and smaller (suggestions include the crew door). Smaller rounds may have managed to penetrate according to those German accounts, but only after intense, sustained fire. A properly trained crew would not let that happen, so if true, it was more of a French training defficiency than a weakness in the tank's design. The feature itself did not lead to excessive vulnerability. It was more an issue of the Germans being able to observe and exploit a possible weakness, as they had amazing gunners, and the French still being stuck in WWI tactics that said to plow ahead and ignore the enemy's fire.

Frankly, such weaknesses aren't unusual. No one's going to claim that the KV-1 was a bad tank, but I have first-hand accounts of German tankers taking them out despite the fact that their guns couldn't penetrate even the weak spots. What they did was targeted the main gun, hoping to deform the barrel such that the rounds would get stuck, rendering the gun useless. Russian crews typically abandoned the tank when they realized its main armament was gone. Did it work? Repeatedly. Was it an Achilles heel? Not really, as it was difficult and situational. Thus, the KV-1 was still undoubtably a powerful tank.

Similarly, there are reports, including from Soviet sources, of German 20mm rounds penetrating weak points in the T-34. Was the T-34 a bad tank because of it? No. It was more a factor of the gun's high rate of fire making it that much more likely to hit the sweet spot, but it was still a lucky shot and not a true weakness. Heck, we even saw it in modern times during the Gulf Wars, as 25mm cannons on M2/M3 Bradley IFVs occasionally bested T-72s.

The B1 Bis's main issues were mobility related. The thing was painfully slow, and could neither chase nor escape anything except infantry tanks like the Matilda or Churchill, and monsters like the T-35. It handled itself fairly well in 1940, with a fairly decent record against German armor - most instead died to aircraft and 8.8 cm FlaK, or were simply unable to keep up with the fluid battlefield. But, as I said, for 1942-onwards, it was hardly a threat.

That was a most enjoyable read, i will agree that it was the french lack of training and modern tactics that lead to many B1s being lost.

German tanks crews were highly trained and thus would exploit any weakness, one of the most important thing during a tank engagement is communication between your crew and allied tanks, this was something the germans were alot better at doing then the french (i'm sure the french tanks were still using morse radio sets but i may be wrong)

I'm also sure the germans had a bit of trouble dealing with the british Matildas head on as well and had to use superior maneuverability it order to disable them.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 28, 2012 2:35 AM

Nov 2012
Did anybody else notice that they have already changed the ending animation of the panzer 4 to show its upgraded kwk 40?

Sneaky, they have not even installed it yet in the anime.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 28, 2012 2:55 AM

Nov 2012
I thought Guderian was a perfect soul name for akiyama.
Wiki Heinz Guderian for an interesting read, Heinz Guderian was the one who pretty much invented blitzkrieg and modern mobile tank warfare.(for those who have an interest in history)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 28, 2012 3:03 AM

Oct 2012
Is this Miho or Maho ?

An hour ago, the voice actress for Miho ( Mai Fuchigami / 渕上舞 ) sent out a message on Twitter.

Some unnamed fan had tweeted this to her: "I love Nishizumi Maho-chan! I will support you always. Please do your best."

Miho's voice actress tweeted back: "Thank you very much, but I am 'Miho' !"

There is an ongoing poll of who is the favorite character on GaruPan and only 0.8% of the fans have voted for Maho.

Here are the poll results so far: http://vote1.fc2.com/result/9964099/4/

However, if you love Maho-chan and are willing to support her forever, then you should sent a tweet to her voice actress Rie Tanaka (田中理恵 ) at ‏@tanakarie or at least visit Rie's blog at http://ameblo.jp/rie-tanaka/

Here is Miho's voice actress's actual tweet just now: 渕上舞 ‏@fuchigami_mai
ありがとうございます、でも私は「みほ」なの…!RT西住まほちゃん大好きです♪いつも応援してます♪頑張って下さい。
okanaganNov 28, 2012 4:20 AM
Nov 28, 2012 3:09 AM

Feb 2011
no_good_name said:
Did anybody else notice that they have already changed the ending animation of the panzer 4 to show its upgraded kwk 40?

I did.. Not only the gun though, the chassis also changed http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/160791
The Game.
Nov 28, 2012 3:27 AM

Nov 2012
tachime said:
no_good_name said:

I did.. Not only the gun though, the chassis also changed http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/160791

Sharp eyes, i only noticed the gun haha.
As for the tiger hiding behind the books i personally think its a standard one and not the Porsche prototype (but really, its not an issue for me haha)
All i want to know is who will get their hands on 62 tons of awesomness.
I would have to laugh if it showed them driving it in next weeks ending animation.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 28, 2012 3:33 AM

Aug 2010
Quite disappointing that they didn't show the fight, I loved the enemy's character design. The episode was pretty relaxing though. 4/5.

Just what do you see Saki?
Nov 28, 2012 3:50 AM

Nov 2012
I hope they also upgrade the panzer 4 to have Schürzen Armour

With this upgrade they would be able to take more damage (plus look badass)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 28, 2012 3:52 AM
Nov 2012
tachime said:
no_good_name said:

I think it's still the same tank with a different design. The second Pz IV ending looks more cortoony. where the first PzIV ending looks more like a caricature of the Panzer IV. The gun and the absence of what I think is long range fuel tank is the only main difference.
Nov 28, 2012 3:55 AM

Oct 2012
The Discipline Committee

http://elbowroom.web.fc2.com/gazou3/cap/note-2012-10-24-06h00m57s218.jpg

Sorry, but you have to cut and paste this URL into another browser to be able to see it. Anyways, you see it in the opening credits.

Sodoko (at the center) is the Chairman of the Discipline Committee ( 風紀委員長 ). That is why she stands at the front gate of the school every morning to keep track of who comes in late. 'Sodoko' ( そど子 ) is only her nickname. Her actual name is Sono Midoriko ( 園 みどり子 ). Surname = Sono. Mako always calls her 'Sodoko' just to show disrespect.

On October 29, this tweet came out from the GaruPan people:
風紀委員の3人のあだ名は、そど子、ごもよ、ぱぞ美です。

Translation: The nicknames of the three members of the Discipline Committee are:
Sodoko, Gomoyo and Pazobi.

One of Sodoko's assistants has shorter hair. The other assistant has longer hair. Unfortunately, I don't yet know which is which. At least now we know their names.

When Mako hugged Sodoko, what Sodoko said was, 「そど子って呼ばないでって言ってるでしょ!」. (Sodoko-tte yobanai dette itterudesho!) I think that this means, "Haven't I asked you not to call me Sodoko?"

The voice actress for Sodoko is Shiori Izawa ( 井澤詩織 ‏). Her twitter account is @shiori_izawa Her blog is: http://piyorivoice.blog64.fc2.com/

Some people suggested that the three of them look like they are clones. Others asked whether they are sisters. Some are curious about their distinctive hairstyle, which is called a 'bob cut'.

GaruPan director Mizushima sent out some tweets in explanation. No, they are not clones. They are not sisters. Over the years, it has long been the tradition that members of the Discipline Committee always have that hairstyle.

I am really hoping that the Discipline Committee will be given one of the new tanks.
okanaganDec 3, 2012 2:36 AM
Nov 28, 2012 4:03 AM

Nov 2012
okanagan said:
The Discipline Committee

Sodoko (at the center) is the Chairman of the Discipline Committee ( 風紀委員長 ). That is why she stands at the front gate of the school every morning to keep track of who comes in late. 'Sodoko' ( そど子 ) is only her nickname. Her actual name is Sono Midoriko ( 園 みどり子 ). Surname = Sono. Mako always calls her 'Sodoko' just to show disrespect.

Some people suggested that the three of them look like they are clones. Others asked whether they are sisters. Some are curious about their distinctive hairstyle, which is called a 'bob cut'.

GaruPan director Mizushima sent out some tweets in explanation. No, they are not clones. They are not sisters. Over the years, it has long been the tradition that members of the Discipline Committee always have that hairstyle.

I am really hoping that the Discipline Committee will be given one of the new tanks.

....hmmm i think they might be bad enough to handle my lovely tiger.

Unrelated lucky star wannabe GuP

This picture made me laugh, it would be an interesting cross over (or ova hahaha)
(i didnt make it, thanks to whoever did)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 28, 2012 4:09 AM

Feb 2011
Jyuu-niDesu said:
tachime said:
no_good_name said:

I think it's still the same tank with a different design. The second Pz IV ending looks more cortoony. where the first PzIV ending looks more like a caricature of the Panzer IV. The gun and the absence of what I think is long range fuel tank is the only main difference.

Okay, and so what's with this tank change? Is it evolving? Why is the chassis changed when they only upgraded the gun? Are they getting a completely new tank? O_O
No need to answer, let's see them next week
The Game.
Nov 28, 2012 6:31 AM

Dec 2007
Mogami-kun said:
Quite disappointing that they didn't show the fight, I loved the enemy's character design. The episode was pretty relaxing though. 4/5.

The thing is that they seem to be Italian themed (Italian wartime performance has been a running gag for the past century), and a close inspection of the tanks reveals some sad units. Two of those vehicles are armed only with machine guns, and harmless to anything except maybe the Type 89. With that in mind, I'm more interested in how they got to the second round to begin with!
no_good_name said:
That was a most enjoyable read, i will agree that it was the french lack of training and modern tactics that lead to many B1s being lost.

German tanks crews were highly trained and thus would exploit any weakness, one of the most important thing during a tank engagement is communication between your crew and allied tanks, this was something the germans were alot better at doing then the french (i'm sure the french tanks were still using morse radio sets but i may be wrong)

I'm also sure the germans had a bit of trouble dealing with the british Matildas head on as well and had to use superior maneuverability it order to disable them.

Thank you for the complement. As you might guess, the Matilda was nigh invulnerable to 37mm weapons, but a Panzer IVC/D could take it down with a lucky point-blank shot to the rear, and later 50mm units had a shot at the sides and rear from close range. Still, most were lost to Stukas and 88's, especially in the desert where its off-road mobility was on par with a good jogger. The 2 Pounder gun also, while quite solid on paper, had an ammunition defficiency that created a "shatter gap." At certain ranges, the round would simply fail to penetrate (originally blamed on it shattering upon impact, but now considered an inconclusive theory at best). This problem was evident in many US and UK guns throughout the war, including the 2 Pounder, 6 Pounder, and 75mm M3 L/40.
It also had another, huge disadvantage: the 2 Pounder was never given a high explosive round, and thus the Matilda was next to useless against infantry, towed anti-tank weapons, and other soft targets. In other words, unlike a B1 bis, which was a threat to anything that moved on the ground, an unsupported Matilda unit often wasn't as big an issue, and could often be avoided and bypassed.
Nov 28, 2012 2:21 PM

Oct 2009
tachime said:
coneecheewa said:
tachime said:
okanagan said:

I myself never really noticed her to be honest, until people talk about her :/
And yes, I would really love it to see her saves the Rabbit team or even the whole Ooarai team day lol

I noticed her when she was calmly loading the tank (while everybody else in her team panicked and bailing out the tank) in friendly match against the British team. Also the most striking pose in episode 6 is so adorable, like nothing is wrong in this world she just stares at the blue skies.

The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 28, 2012 2:33 PM

Oct 2008
Some of Panzer IV D/E/F1 in reapirs on the rear had turret with L/43 or rarely L/48 mounted on as a replacement of short-barreled L/24.
Nov 28, 2012 3:05 PM

Oct 2012
Amarrez said:
CodeNameShield9 said:

If you'd actually read the subs, you'd know that Commie include a regular sub textfile with their release as well as the (funny as hell) German one.

If you're using MPC, just go to Navigate -> Subtitle Language and pick the second sub file. Or just press 's'.

The 'no fun allowed' version, eh?
Not sure how to do it on VLC, but then again no one with half a brain should be using VLC anyways.

Well, I agree with you there.
Nov 28, 2012 4:09 PM

Nov 2012
ErwinJA said:
Mogami-kun said:

The thing is that they seem to be Italian themed (Italian wartime performance has been a running gag for the past century), and a close inspection of the tanks reveals some sad units. Two of those vehicles are armed only with machine guns, and harmless to anything except maybe the Type 89. With that in mind, I'm more interested in how they got to the second round to begin with!
no_good_name said:

Thank you for the complement. As you might guess, the Matilda was nigh invulnerable to 37mm weapons, but a Panzer IVC/D could take it down with a lucky point-blank shot to the rear, and later 50mm units had a shot at the sides and rear from close range. Still, most were lost to Stukas and 88's, especially in the desert where its off-road mobility was on par with a good jogger. The 2 Pounder gun also, while quite solid on paper, had an ammunition defficiency that created a "shatter gap." At certain ranges, the round would simply fail to penetrate (originally blamed on it shattering upon impact, but now considered an inconclusive theory at best). This problem was evident in many US and UK guns throughout the war, including the 2 Pounder, 6 Pounder, and 75mm M3 L/40.
It also had another, huge disadvantage: the 2 Pounder was never given a high explosive round, and thus the Matilda was next to useless against infantry, towed anti-tank weapons, and other soft targets. In other words, unlike a B1 bis, which was a threat to anything that moved on the ground, an unsupported Matilda unit often wasn't as big an issue, and could often be avoided and bypassed.

The tank on the left look to be a Semovente 105/25 tank destroyer, with that in mind i can understand how they could have gotten through the first round,i would guess they used the tankett as bait.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 28, 2012 8:13 PM

Dec 2007
no_good_name said:
ErwinJA said:
Mogami-kun said:

no_good_name said:

The tank on the left look to be a Semovente 105/25 tank destroyer, with that in mind i can understand how they could have gotten through the first round,i would guess they used the tankett as bait.

The gun's way too short for a 105/25 - just look at the pictures: only the 75/18 and 47/32 have guns that only barely extend beyond the hull. It's rather the 75/18, with the machine gun-like muzzle brake being a dead giveaway. None of the other Semovente guns had that. Still, you are right to a degree, as its HEAT round did give it the capability to take out most medium and early-war heavy tanks (~70mm penetration), but I'd think there would be a tendency not to use rounds like that here. It had pretty lousy range though, and AP was fairly weak (outclassed by 45-50mm weapons). It also wasn't very fast and had relatively limited ammunition.
Granted, at least for this team, the P26/40 (Anchovy's unit) could be a threatening opponent: roughly on par with other medium tanks of 1942-3, but still relatively slow sluggish, and light on firepower without its HEAT round. Only the StuG and M3 would be able to take it out that easily though.
Nov 28, 2012 8:31 PM

Nov 2012
ErwinJA said:
no_good_name said:
ErwinJA said:
Mogami-kun said:

no_good_name said:

The gun's way too short for a 105/25 - just look at the pictures: only the 75/18 and 47/32 have guns that only barely extend beyond the hull. It's rather the 75/18, with the machine gun-like muzzle brake being a dead giveaway. None of the other Semovente guns had that. Still, you are right to a degree, as its HEAT round did give it the capability to take out most medium and early-war heavy tanks (~70mm penetration), but I'd think there would be a tendency not to use rounds like that here. It had pretty lousy range though, and AP was fairly weak (outclassed by 45-50mm weapons). It also wasn't very fast and had relatively limited ammunition.
Granted, at least for this team, the P26/40 (Anchovy's unit) could be a threatening opponent: roughly on par with other medium tanks of 1942-3, but still relatively slow sluggish, and light on firepower without its HEAT round. Only the StuG and M3 would be able to take it out that easily though.

I hadn't even though about that, are they even aloud to use HEAT ammunition?
you are right about the 105, i had not noticed how small the gun was, its tiny.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 29, 2012 3:08 AM

Oct 2012
Finally, here is news coverage of the Ankou Festival in Ooarai on Sunday, November 18th! There are lots of great photos here, so enjoy them. You can see all five voice actresses for the Ankou team girls. The text of the two stories and the photo captions are all in Japanese. I just heard about this from a re-tweet just now from the GaruPan people. (But in fact they only mentioned the first story.)

This first story came out at 3:42 pm Japan time: (Thu Nov 29)
ガルパンin大洗「あんこう祭り」に6万人!ED「Enter Enter MISSION!」5人で初披露
http://www.newslounge.net/archives/51904

This second story came out at 3:48 pm Japan time: (Thu Nov 29)
井口裕香「戦車に乗って町を走りたい」…「ガールズ&パンツァー」大洗で大規模イベント開催
http://www.newslounge.net/archives/51950

The two stories have exactly the same text, word for word. However, the headlines are totally different. The photos are basically the same, but they are arranged in a different way. In the second story, 井口裕香 is mentioned in the headline, and also her photo is displayed very prominently at the start of the story. She is the voice actress for Mako. So I would say that something very, very weird is going on here. The festival was on Sunday, November 18th, but these news stories came out just now. It seems really odd that it took 11 days for the story to come out.

Look carefully at the first version of the story. There are multiple pictures of Miho. There are at least two pictures of the other three. But for Mako there is only one photo! Also, they messed it up in a couple of ways so that Mako's picture looks really bad compared to all of the other photos. If I was Mako I would be very unhappy with this first version of the story.

Something else that might be significant is that Mako has a twitter account ( @hyperyukachibot ). She had been tweeting multiples times a day, every day, without fail. But her last tweet was on October 10th and she hasn't tweeted since then. Also, she didn't show up for the press conference in Ooarai on Saturday, November 17th. (Saori was also a no-show.) So something is definitely up with Mako.

Last week I started up a new thread here to let you all vote for your favorite voice actress on the Ankou team. So far Mako is ahead of the other four. Before you cast your own vote, be sure to do a Google Image search for Mako using her Japanese name: 井口裕香.

When you see the five Ankou team actresses in a group photo, they normally always stand in the same order (from left to right):

Hana ( 尾崎真実 / Mami Ozaki )
Saori ( 茅野愛衣 / Ai Kayano )
Miho ( 渕上舞 / Mai Fuchigami )
Yukari ( 中上育実 / Ikumi Nakagami )
Mako ( 井口裕香 / Yuka Iguchi )

Sorry that you can't just click through to view these two stories. You need to cut and paste the URL to another browser. I have no idea why. Sorry.
okanaganNov 29, 2012 4:39 AM
Nov 29, 2012 3:44 AM

May 2012
Preview pics for Girls und Panzer episode 8 now up on their website. http://girls-und-panzer.jp/story_08.html

(copy and paste the link to the another browser)

Love it. Cant' wait for next week to come. ^_^
zenjamibuNov 29, 2012 3:47 AM
Nov 29, 2012 4:17 AM

Nov 2012
zenjamibu said:
Preview pics for Girls und Panzer episode 8 now up on their website. http://girls-und-panzer.jp/story_08.html

It would seem the russians have arrived, a StuG assault guns main diet was T34s, i wonder if its the 76mm variant or the 85mm one?
I look forward to what looks like an eastern front themed episode :) (needs more tiger)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 29, 2012 4:20 AM

Oct 2012
I you are interested in French World War II tanks, have a look at this webpage:

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/VVJACK/wwwhome/Gembloux/index.htm

(Sorry, but I think you need to cut and paste this URL to another browser.)

All of the text is in French. However, if you go 40% down that webpage, there is a great labeled cutaway diagram of a French tank -- the Char B1 bis.
Nov 29, 2012 6:05 AM
Nov 2012
zenjamibu said:

Yeah! night and winter action. The Char B1 Bis looks ready for action and Miho will still be commanding the Pzkpfw IV albeit an L/43 (or is it 48) version of the 75mm.....still no sign of the illusive Tiger though. The mechanics will finally make an appearance and what in the world is the history team constructing?

BTW, correct me if i'am wrong, the Russian were also known to have numerous tanks as an advantage like the Americans with their Shermans. So does this means the show will reflect to actual History again like the Saunders team having 10 Sherman tanks? because it will be a bloodbath for Ooarai if Pravda will be using 10 T-34 or JS tanks, even up againts the up gun IV and the B1 Bis or even the legendary Tiger. The T34 is far more effective than the American Shermans.

One way to find out, I hope Monday come fast.
Jyuu-niDesuNov 29, 2012 6:09 AM
Nov 29, 2012 7:15 AM
Oct 2012
[quote=Jyuu-niDesu]
zenjamibu said:

BTW, correct me if i'am wrong, the Russian were also known to have numerous tanks as an advantage like the Americans with their Shermans. So does this means the show will reflect to actual History again like the Saunders team having 10 Sherman tanks? because it will be a bloodbath for Ooarai if Pravda will be using 10 T-34 or JS tanks, even up againts the up gun IV and the B1 Bis or even the legendary Tiger. The T34 is far more effective than the American Shermans.

One way to find out, I hope Monday come fast.

Well, Darjeeling specifically called out Saunders and Pravda in the same breathe, so that would suggest that like Saunders Pravda will use their full allotment of tanks.

My guess would be some sort of ambush. I wonder if a night fight means that neither side has to declare what they are using, so Ooarai has 2 tanks that no one knows about, so even at a three tank disadvantage, they have a huge trump card in play. Granted this is Sensadou and not a real war, but I can't imagine that all fights let the other side know exactly what it is up against.

I also have a question for the tank experts: if the Tiger does prove to be a Porsche, is there some absolute advantage this variant has over the normal Tiger, and if so how would you exploit that? When the people here were discussing the differences, I had an image of doctoring the Tiger to disguise the fact it was a Porsche and then using it against the Pravda team. Probably wrong, but it would be something fun to talk about for the next 3 days.

It is somewhat sad how eagerly I am now waiting on Mondays!
Nov 29, 2012 8:33 AM

Apr 2011
It could be mention that Pravda would possibly use underhanded dirty tactics like the radio interception from the Saunders, since Darjeelin said both of them are vulgar.

From looking at the episode 8 preview:
- The Char B1 would most probably be used by Sodoko and her...sisters?
- They would fight on a snowy terrain which is refreshing to see and cold.
- the PvIV has now have a upgraded weapon. Yes!
- The historians are making a ice statue of a samurai.

I wonder what are they doing with the Tiger tank? Are they still looking for a crew? Will team A use it? Will they save it for the finals, possibly against Maho's Black forest school?

I'm looking forward for next episode, and looking forward to see their Tiger tank in action.
Nov 29, 2012 9:28 AM

Dec 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
I also have a question for the tank experts: if the Tiger does prove to be a Porsche, is there some absolute advantage this variant has over the normal Tiger, and if so how would you exploit that? When the people here were discussing the differences, I had an image of doctoring the Tiger to disguise the fact it was a Porsche and then using it against the Pravda team. Probably wrong, but it would be something fun to talk about for the next 3 days.

It is somewhat sad how eagerly I am now waiting on Mondays!

Discussed in one of my earlier posts and on the first page IIRC. The prototype Porsche Tiger was slightly faster than the Henschel version, but either inferior or equal in every other category. The Henschel version was chosen because it did not require scarce materials needed for other applications (copper) and because it was much more reliable and agile. However, the one Porsche Tiger that saw combat had additional frontal armor added, so it would be better protected than a normal Tiger. That would give a rude shock to T-34s (especially the 85mm version) if they rushed head-on to get close only to find their rounds still bouncing off.
And for doctoring, it can't be done. The defining feature is that the turret is at the front of the hull rather than the middle. The only way to disguise that would be to keep the tank in a hull-down position.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 8, 2012

250 by shawn77134 »»
May 12, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.