Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2012 10:41 AM

Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Booooooring -.-
End Zionazism
Dec 15, 2013 8:45 PM

Jul 2010
Boring a shit. This was quite interesting.
Nov 29, 2015 1:38 PM

Jan 2015
I guess she's in love with Takezo not Matahachi
Jun 5, 2016 10:06 AM
Mar 2015
Leading a re-read on reddit (/r/vagabondmanga).

Some notes I made on these chapters (chapters 11-15):

**Chapter 11**:

*More of Takezo fighting. I think this chapter cements his animalistic side, not only for the world but for himself: this seems to be the moment that clicks for him, as he says “He likes the sound [of the name “demon”]”
*Additionally, Takezo does acknowledge that Matahachi is untrustworthy. He doesn’t seem to think too much on it though, I bet it’s something that he disregards once it happens.
*And now enters my (second) favorite character for Vagabond, Soho Takuan!

**Chapter 12**:

*Really great two page spread, Soho on one side and Takezo on the other.
*Soho really just is great. A jovial enigma.
*Really don’t like Aoki. He’s essentially a spineless egomaniac that’s trying to woo Otsu from his position of power.
*Takezo is getting weaker, and now another Tsujikaze affiliate, his brother, arrives. Not looking good for him.

**Chapter 13**:

*If anyone was wondering, the kerchief that the skeleton in the foreground is wearing is the same design as the Tenma Tsujikaze’s, so it is supposed to be him. Nice little attention to detail.
*Incidentally, while I was looking at the previous chapters to confirm the kerchief, I noticed that Takezo already looks much older. The combination of the unkempt hair and lack of a shave tack on a few years, it seems.
*Kohei has an interesting vendetta.
*Really like the imagery for this chapter. Takezo as a moth being captured by a praying mantis (Kohei), only to reveal Takezo as a spider capturing the mantis.
*This panel, and the ones like it, are generally my favorites. They utilize the style of ancient calligraphers, and never fail to look gorgeous.
*Interesting last page. The soldiers look so gaunt as to appear more demonic than Takezo… and is Takezo still the spider?

**Chapter 14**:

*Takuan really is one of the best characters in this manga. Completely honest and unafraid.
*Great two page spread at the opening of the chapter, and inner monologue by Takezo.
*I don’t have much more to say about this chapter, as a lot of these opening chapters are just that, openings. A prelude of what’s to come.
*However, at least Aoki is out of the picture.

**Chapter 15**:

*Well, we can pretty easily see why the villagers fear (and hate) Takezo. He was even more animalistic before now.
*Takuan is able to put people at ease with little effort. Nice guy.
*I really like the contrast on the second to last page. Takuan is quite good at manipulation, really, though it is for the greater good. You’ve got in one panel Otsu and Takuan chattering around a fire, which seems to drive away both the night and the grimmer parts of nature, with Takuan saying “We’re only human”; clearly meant to be Takuan tempting Takezo with the grandeur of civilization, which is contrasted in the next panel with Takezo standing, nearly camouflaged, in the dark forest. It tells me at least that for all of Takezo’s posturing and attempting to become the “demon” everyone accuses him of being, Takuan saw right through him as someone jealous, or at the least mildly envious, of what a communal world has that he doesn’t. It also could be saying that though he can say that he is one with nature, he actually isn’t; or if he is, he is only a part of that which no one would desire, the part filled with rabid predators that everyone wants put down for the greater good.
*In conclusion, Takuan sees that Takezo does not belong to the wilds, either because Takezo is envious of civilization, or because Takezo is a part of something no one would want to be a part of; either way, when Takuan and Otsu are camping and making food, Takezo is easily tempted, and let’s his guard down because the people around the fire are some of the “good guys”: a monk, and one of his childhood friends.
Sep 20, 2017 9:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Is Otsu love Takezu really? :/
Oct 31, 2017 2:29 PM

Mar 2017
I like the thought of Takezo and Otsu.
Feb 3, 2018 2:02 AM

Jun 2015
This was not boring. This was interesting.

Oct 26, 2018 10:18 PM

Jul 2016
There seem to be very mixed feelings on this chapter and manga in general.

I am personally loving it if I am being honest. So far Vagabond is really a series where you have to read in-between the lines and within each picture to illustrate upon the meaning of each chapter.

Totally understandable why some would dislike this. As for me, however... I AM DIGGING THIS manga.

Really like the monk and Otsu so far!
Nov 21, 2020 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
Daang he lured Takezo because he is hungry he knew that he would come
Dec 31, 2021 12:27 AM

Aug 2018
Well Takenzo pretty much fell into this trap all by himself, the Monk is smart
Apr 1, 2022 9:28 AM

Jul 2021
old man and their farts are iconic iguess lmao
Jul 13, 2022 8:23 AM
May 2020
takezo took the bait
Aug 27, 2022 11:18 PM
Jan 2022
this is the first manga I read in a while, has been discontinued from reading any manga because of work. Vagabond was an incredible manga, the art, the story, and the character are good in particular ways. it's not like any shonen manga that focusing on power, oriented on how the thing is work, and less of the moral value. in Vagabond, in every chapter this far, I could find the message the author try to connect his thought to us. in the end of chapter, you can conclude the story by one sentence. it's like you'd be upsided down by the author by the story is running. in conclusive, Vagabond is worth to read if you seek for peace delivered in the Old Japanese theme.
Oct 3, 2022 6:47 AM

Dec 2021
The art style looks amazing! :))
Aug 31, 2023 11:59 AM

Aug 2022
Bruh I did not expect him to rip one.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 327 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Interstice - May 24, 2015

105 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 2 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 15, 2012

16 by Goongalar »»
Apr 13, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 59 Discussion

DeleteThisShit - Nov 28, 2013

13 by dantehasdantedme »»
Apr 12, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 322 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jan 19, 2014

37 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 315 Discussion

Raikoye - May 25, 2013

13 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.