Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2008 6:47 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another good episode. It was interesting to see an episode where the hit was at the beginning and the rest was just exposition. (Is that the right word?) I'm glad that Golgo 13's being subbed again, I missed my weekly GAR dose. :)
Nov 11, 2008 9:31 PM
Apr 2008
It was certainly surprising that BSS has picked it up again! :D!!
Nov 11, 2008 9:43 PM

Jan 2008
mecorx said:

Isn't it BBS? I thought the same thing at first, but either way I'm just glad it's back!
Nov 12, 2008 1:05 AM
Apr 2008
DrewT said:
mecorx said:

Isn't it BBS? I thought the same thing at first, but either way I'm just glad it's back!

Lol.. I certanly didn't notice when I clicked on "Download" XD..., only watching it now. Anyway, yeah, I'm glad we have more Golgo 13 though!
Nov 12, 2008 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
BSS' homepage says:
StillDaggerX aka (SDX) has teamed up with [ryuxishighfansubs](RSS) to bring you moar golgo 13 subs. Don't bother BSS about it; head to #bbsubs on rizon.

So I think it's one member of BSS doin it with another group..

I liked this episode very much, it was really soothing but awesome at the same time :)
Nov 12, 2008 11:07 AM

Aug 2008
They have clearly run out of ideas, since they couldn't even piece together a coherent story on this one.
Nov 12, 2008 2:04 PM
Dec 2007
It was certainly an original and well-paced story this time. Very interesting and good development, with some GAR action, that's Golgo for sure.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 13, 2008 8:11 PM

Aug 2008
Obviously, Golgo doesn't like anyone who has figured out how he thinks....
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Nov 15, 2008 11:09 PM

Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
They have clearly run out of ideas, since they couldn't even piece together a coherent story on this one.

Hahahaha
Nov 18, 2008 1:23 AM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:

I liked this episode, but that comment was just perfect.
Nov 24, 2008 10:30 AM
Oct 2008
noteDhero said:

This is based off the manga, so it's not like they're thinking up new episodes.
Jul 28, 2011 7:56 AM

Mar 2009
The guy was practically begging for his life but Golgo doesn't care.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Nov 26, 2012 11:36 AM
Mar 2012
golgo you bastard
Jan 11, 2013 5:01 PM

Jul 2008
I don't get it. He wasn't under contract to kill that guy, he said he wasn't going after him and Golgo still killed him.

What the hell?
Jun 7, 2015 9:29 AM

Nov 2014
I was also surprised that he killed him. But now that I think about it, that guy knew a lot and was intelligent (how he found Golgo in gym). I guess that was enough to consider him too dangerous.

It's 2nd episode in short period of time (after ep. 15) where I question Golgo's decision. I hope I won't start to hate him by the end xD
Dec 16, 2015 9:44 AM

Mar 2013
why did he kill the old man in this episode? I know i am a bit late but u can always talk about a anime. HEHE
Dec 17, 2015 11:53 PM

Jul 2015
IndienRock said:
why did he kill the old man in this episode? I know i am a bit late but u can always talk about a anime. HEHE

It was because the old man figured out his habits - it was too risky to leave someone who is that good at tracking him down alive. Well, at least that's what I think.
The_BadguyFeb 13, 2016 9:13 AM
Feb 12, 2016 12:01 PM

Mar 2013
Makes sense when u think about it a bit more. He didnt want someone to get to close to him and eliminated the old man. Thanks!
Mar 8, 2017 3:57 AM

May 2016
That guy just wanted to live, damn Golgo don't you have a little mercy.
RaizelJun 18, 2017 4:16 PM
Apr 29, 2017 1:49 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, he shouldn't have killed that guy, I feel bad about the poor wife.
Jun 18, 2017 4:10 PM

Mar 2015
Raizel said:
That guy just wanted to live I peace damn Golgo don't you have a little mercy.
Exactly. He wasn't a threat to him. Maybe in future but that's future and not like golgo is afraid to deal with someone like him in future.
dont't watch that anime if you are going to give it 1* and cry 10000 words in review about it.
Sep 7, 2019 1:25 AM

Oct 2012
I was expecting him to get killed when he said "I'm going to go home early"
It's just sad, I just want him to live peacefully.. especially after Golgo ruined his career

But then again this is just a bloody anime, not heartwarming
Disappointing episode for me, maybe there could be a better way to end
"Signature removed"
Jan 5, 2021 8:10 AM
Jan 2021
My understanding if anyone cares, the FBI agent got killed because he was trying to kill Golgo. Hint 1: not only the FBI has a really good hunch, he know how Golgo think and can track him down (like he knew he went to the gym). Hint 2: before Golgo and the FBI departed for the last time, the way the FBI looks at Golgo (those eyes aren't from someone who is ready for retirement). Hint 3: before he left work to go home early, he left his gun in his left pocket. Hint 4: on the scene where the FBI died, if you look closely, his right hand is in his left pocket (like he is about to pick up his gun).

So what I think happened is that the FBI has been pulling up this act where he pretends his is getting ready for his retirement (all his co-worker fell for it) and given up hunting Golgo. But instead, he was trying to get Golgo to let down his guard (and of course, Golgo never does). He decided to go home early not only because it is his anniversary with his wife, but quite possibly, because he somehow knew Golgo will drive pass that road at that time. What the FBI was hoping is that he has let down Golgo's guard enough where he can kill Golgo by driving pass him (I mean how many of us pay attention to the driver on the opposite of the road while driving). Right before he is able to pull his gun, Golgo kills him.

Another possibility is that the FBI was in fact trying to forget about Golgo and what happened in the past; but deep inside him he can't (again because the way he looks at Golgo). And unfortunately and coincidentally, on the way driving home early to celebrate his anniversary, he came across Golgo on the other-side of the road. Knowing this might well be his last time seeing Golgo again, at the very last second, he couldn't resist but attempted to kill Golgo by pulling his gun. And because of this Golgo killed him.
Jan 7, 2021 3:59 PM

Aug 2016
11221122p said:
My understanding if anyone cares, the FBI agent got killed because he was trying to kill Golgo. Hint 1: not only the FBI has a really good hunch, he know how Golgo think and can track him down (like he knew he went to the gym). Hint 2: before Golgo and the FBI departed for the last time, the way the FBI looks at Golgo (those eyes aren't from someone who is ready for retirement). Hint 3: before he left work to go home early, he left his gun in his left pocket. Hint 4: on the scene where the FBI died, if you look closely, his right hand is in his left pocket (like he is about to pick up his gun).

So what I think happened is that the FBI has been pulling up this act where he pretends his is getting ready for his retirement (all his co-worker fell for it) and given up hunting Golgo. But instead, he was trying to get Golgo to let down his guard (and of course, Golgo never does). He decided to go home early not only because it is his anniversary with his wife, but quite possibly, because he somehow knew Golgo will drive pass that road at that time. What the FBI was hoping is that he has let down Golgo's guard enough where he can kill Golgo by driving pass him (I mean how many of us pay attention to the driver on the opposite of the road while driving). Right before he is able to pull his gun, Golgo kills him.

Another possibility is that the FBI was in fact trying to forget about Golgo and what happened in the past; but deep inside him he can't (again because the way he looks at Golgo). And unfortunately and coincidentally, on the way driving home early to celebrate his anniversary, he came across Golgo on the other-side of the road. Knowing this might well be his last time seeing Golgo again, at the very last second, he couldn't resist but attempted to kill Golgo by pulling his gun. And because of this Golgo killed him.

I never realised him taking the gun/having his hand on the gun. Thanks for pointing it out, I think you're right in that he was trying to kill Golgo.
Oct 29, 2021 9:18 PM
Dec 2017
another day, another episode of golgo beign a gary stu

Jan 10, 2022 6:25 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, Golgo can box!

decent episode tbh

Sep 22, 2023 7:44 PM

Nov 2010
I thought he would be up against that detective who almost caught him with that plastic pistol many episodes ago.
I wish I could fight as well as Togo. His moves are badass!
Someone adopt that cute puppy!
Aw man, that FBI guy was also a target? I feel bad.
Dec 1, 2023 11:03 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to 11221122p

@11221122p I totally agree with you. You're awesome.
I am surprised that someone doesn't notice those details and hates Golgo 13.
- Cinematic language without speech.
Dec 15, 2023 4:19 PM
Jan 2013
Reply to 11221122p

@11221122p Now that you said it, it makes total sense. I saw the clues but I was confused, and then I got even more confused because of the ending. However, thanks to your explanation I get it now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golgo 13 Episode 45 Discussion

Jacut - Sep 21, 2010

11 by TRC_Randy »»
Mar 25, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Golgo 13 Episode 2 Discussion

Faust721 - Apr 20, 2008

42 by Damnits »»
Mar 9, 12:46 AM

» very good exaple of a lack luster adpataion dicking a good manga

DateYutaka - Dec 24, 2013

5 by Destroyer31 »»
Jan 24, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Golgo 13 Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 17, 2008

20 by Destroyer31 »»
Jan 24, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Golgo 13 Episode 50 Discussion

Jacut - Nov 15, 2010

24 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 25, 2023 12:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.