Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2012 5:30 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This chapter mainly involved the launch of a giant robot, but the detail of the artwork is keeping me very engaged.
Sep 2, 2013 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
The artwork is really good. Can't wait to see the angel fight coming up.
Sep 1, 2014 7:05 AM

Jun 2009
Though I'm slightly disappointed there was no Eva protecting Shinji or his " I mustn't run away" line, this was still a good sequence. For one, I think I prefer Misato's attempts to persuade him here. Her words had a lot more bite, I think. Interesting to see Gendo smile there, Whether it's in a mocking way or he is genuinely proud, I don't know. He is a pretty tough guy to read.

I've always really liked the launch sequences in this series. This is really not different. Also, holy crap at the Angel being right there when Shinji/Unit 01 reached the city.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 8, 2016 10:42 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty convenient that Shinji, with zero experience and knowledge about the Eva, managed to have such a high syncro rate. Oh well, this chapter was mainly about Shinji overcoming his initial hesitation. Not sure that smile from Gendo was genuine or not.
The Shinji in the manga seems to have the just about perfect balance between being whiny and being understanding.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 15, 2017 5:14 PM

Aug 2012
My favorite part of this whole chapter, and maybe the whole manga so far, was the singular panel where Shinji finally agreed to pilot the Eva, since sans his eyes, his body was drained of color (most noticeably his hair). I thought it was a pretty good way of really punctuating the emotional impact this has on Shinji. As for the manga as a whole, so far I think the first few chapters have been a decently entertaining re-imagining of the first episode. I probably wouldn't say I like the changes here better than the anime but it does make going through the story again more refreshing than if this was panel to panel. And the art is pretty great, a lot of detail and has some pretty great Misato faces. Less so here since the content was more serious but there were some funny ones in the first two.
Jun 10, 2019 9:44 AM

Jul 2016
Difference is in the Anime Shinji was crying, here he is not
Jun 10, 2019 9:45 AM

Jul 2016
I prefer manga version for now
Jan 3, 2022 10:57 AM

Feb 2021
right when I got used to left to right it changes, everything else good so far

Edit: rereading
CrackFeb 25, 2022 8:50 PM
Dec 30, 2023 9:37 PM
May 2022
misato has a lot of nerve trying to guilt trip shinji like that. i wonder if her character is gonna be shittier than in the anime

More topics from this board

» Who is the real creator of Evangelion? Yoshiyuki Sadamoto or hideaki anno?

Taiyaa - Mar 18

7 by Pundarikaksh »»
Apr 11, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Chapter 95.5 (Last Stage) Discussion

VioLink - Jun 2, 2013

48 by theAce_ »»
Feb 7, 6:09 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Chapter 96 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 16, 2015

20 by psyche-K »»
Jan 2, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Chapter 12 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Nov 18, 2012

9 by Brun33 »»
Oct 8, 2023 5:57 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Chapter 66 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Sep 29, 2013

10 by Hornifeu »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.