Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Neon Genesis Evangelion Chapter 95.5 Discussion


#1
Jun 2, 2013 10:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2861
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
FINAL STAGE

After 18 years its over. Shinji looks happy in this new world, I assume that he and Asuka are going to the same school since they got off at the same station and she has what looks like a schoolbag. But that's just speculation, in any case I'm glad to see her happy in the end.

"My future, extends indefinitely" well said Shinji Ikari.

Great manga, great series, great franchise.

Overall: 10/10

For old times sake
Modified by Luna, Jun 8, 2013 12:34 PM
[center]
 
#2
Jun 2, 2013 7:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 315
honestly liked this ending much better then the anime ending, same message and all but with a much better outlook for Shinji, a little bittersweet but all in all actually happy ending :] compared to the anime
 
#3
Jun 3, 2013 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7854
Pretty nice to get a more lighter toned ending compared to EoE; despair on-screen and uncertain futures for Shinji and Asuka. Instead we have another take for a bittersweet, no actually, a happier ending considering that these characters get to live trauma-less lives.
Thank goodness it's not an ending where it's the 'perfect' world from the TV series (I believe some other manga took that too far...)

Overall, no regrets for reading this version of NGE ;)

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
 
#4
Jun 3, 2013 9:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 848
I do hope that the first half that happens AFTER what happens in chapter 94 is translated for you guys. I found it at the Spanish forum I always follow and it was a really nice transition from that (reading it after I read the English 95) and then going back to what happens. Such an ending. Cannot believe I will not read this anymore.
 
#5
Jun 5, 2013 4:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 231
It was a really nice ending. In a way, I felt this is in a way, similar to the previous ending with the only difference this one has a happier tune to it (not that I'm complaining).
Now, after waiting so many years for its ending, it will feel really weird living with no more Evangelion chapters

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
 
#6
Jun 6, 2013 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
EVERYBODY FIIIINDSS LOOOOOVEEEEE IIIIN THE EEEEEND...
 
#7
Jun 6, 2013 4:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 571
AoiMemori said:
I do hope that the first half that happens AFTER what happens in chapter 94 is translated for you guys. I found it at the Spanish forum I always follow and it was a really nice transition from that (reading it after I read the English 95) and then going back to what happens. Such an ending. Cannot believe I will not read this anymore.


Yeah, chapter 95 is called Thank You ∞ Goodbye and has Shinji talking with his mother.

The one where he meets Asuka in the train is the epilogue ('Last Stage'), not chapter 95.



Finally got round to reading this after it had been on-hold ever since I made my account. I'm glad I did.
Overall, it was a satisfactory ending. The manga is a worthy counterpart to the anime (though I preferred the anime).
Modified by GypaetusBarbatus, Jun 6, 2013 4:45 PM

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
 
#8
Jun 8, 2013 11:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7854
Damn, so I didn't technically complete the manga... :/

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
 
#9
Jun 8, 2013 12:45 PM
DB Administrator
Nyaa~☆

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 17950
I've renamed the thread title because what people here read was not the actual chapter 95, but the chapter "Last Stage". Please use this thread for discussion about this "Last Stage" chapter and move all discussion about chapter 95 to a new thread.

I've also removed all posts that were asking where to read this other chapter and posts that were giving links as this is not allowed (see the Manga Series Chapter Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines).
 
Jun 8, 2013 1:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 74
Not an entirely unexpected ending. Shinji's final line is a bit heavy handed, but after all he's been through, a warm ending is welcome for once

On the whole, Sadamoto took Anno's ideas and expanded them in a way that makes the world feel "fuller" and the characters even more fleshed out. Thus making the manga at least equal to the anime version.
 
Jun 17, 2013 5:03 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2
Luna_ said:
I've renamed the thread title because what people here read was not the actual chapter 95, but the chapter "Last Stage". Please use this thread for discussion about this "Last Stage" chapter and move all discussion about chapter 95 to a new thread.

I've also removed all posts that were asking where to read this other chapter and posts that were giving links as this is not allowed (see the Manga Series Chapter Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines).


Not allowed?! Then how the hell am I supposed to find it? Because nowhere seems to have chapter 95... they all go 94, 94.2, 96.

Can I at least ask for someone who's read it to message me a link?

Kuinra "Kawaii Koinu" Daikuwa Shisa,
Sheriff of Alberi Ventosi,
Last of the Grays

 
Jun 21, 2013 8:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 39
Kuinra said:
Luna_ said:
I've renamed the thread title because what people here read was not the actual chapter 95, but the chapter "Last Stage". Please use this thread for discussion about this "Last Stage" chapter and move all discussion about chapter 95 to a new thread.

I've also removed all posts that were asking where to read this other chapter and posts that were giving links as this is not allowed (see the Manga Series Chapter Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines).


Not allowed?! Then how the hell am I supposed to find it? Because nowhere seems to have chapter 95... they all go 94, 94.2, 96.

Can I at least ask for someone who's read it to message me a link?


+1
 
Jun 21, 2013 6:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 25
robal15 said:
Kuinra said:
Luna_ said:
I've renamed the thread title because what people here read was not the actual chapter 95, but the chapter "Last Stage". Please use this thread for discussion about this "Last Stage" chapter and move all discussion about chapter 95 to a new thread.

I've also removed all posts that were asking where to read this other chapter and posts that were giving links as this is not allowed (see the Manga Series Chapter Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines).


Not allowed?! Then how the hell am I supposed to find it? Because nowhere seems to have chapter 95... they all go 94, 94.2, 96.

Can I at least ask for someone who's read it to message me a link?


+1


+1 if someone know where i can find 95 pm me PLEASE
 
Jun 22, 2013 3:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 215
formiga said:
robal15 said:
Kuinra said:
Luna_ said:
I've renamed the thread title because what people here read was not the actual chapter 95, but the chapter "Last Stage". Please use this thread for discussion about this "Last Stage" chapter and move all discussion about chapter 95 to a new thread.

I've also removed all posts that were asking where to read this other chapter and posts that were giving links as this is not allowed (see the Manga Series Chapter Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines).


Not allowed?! Then how the hell am I supposed to find it? Because nowhere seems to have chapter 95... they all go 94, 94.2, 96.

Can I at least ask for someone who's read it to message me a link?


+1


+1 if someone know where i can find 95 pm me PLEASE


+1
Me too please.
I thought I was finished, but alas, I was not.
Very eager to read the /actual/ chapter 95.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

 
Jun 22, 2013 11:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1618
goddaamit. if it isnt anno raping our minds with this series its the mangaka and internet with all these chatper 95s out there fffuuuuu


just read one on a spanish forum titled "thank you, goodbye". basically shinji has a talk with his mother and the last page says in spanish "finally, the climax" then a text box on the corner reads "continued in july" LOLWUT.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

 
Jun 29, 2013 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 513
Feels like ages when I started reading this manga. I like the ending more than the one in the anime or the movie, it is more lighthearted without being too cheesy or too melodramatic. I'm happy to see that Shinji evolved to the point of being actually really mature insted of whining all the time like in the animated series. The only thing that I din't like is that the fate of some other characters wasn't resolve at all, I just wanted to see them again in a happy life or something like that, but i guess I can make my own conclusions about that.

9/10 - Just beacuse Sadamoto made one of my favorite animes, into something better.
 
Jul 5, 2013 10:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 120
after years reading, finally an ending... dat feeling when you finish reading a long manga... well, i just have to thank sadamoto sensei for all the fun he gave me!

VioLink said:

For old times sake


and thanks for the song, it's been like years since i've listened to it... one of my favs anime soundtracks
 
Jul 8, 2013 5:01 AM
Hitagi's Pet

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8306
yezbel said:
Sadamoto clearly left this bittersweet classic with an elegant touch and meaningful finale. I wished to ask for more but asking for more isn't even necessary anymore.

Seeing Asuka and Shinji in character yet accepting of change, and hopeful for the future is beyond satisfying. I'm not even going to go in on the connection and fate these two had all along, it was more than obvious.

I take that this was a more settling yet akin interpretation to End of Evangelion.
In EoE, we are left with Shinji and Asuka in a renewed world. Different yet similar directions but all in all, a familiar end. Both appear to be looking ahead (poster of the both together looking on at the red sea) and hopeful of what was ahead (meeting each other again in Shinji's new norm world).

I'm guessing since the manga has gone on for so long, many readers struggle to get the ending, but honestly, it couldn't get any clearer.
The many struggles Shinji, Asuka, Misato, Rei, and the others had has come into conclusion and we are left with a definite ending for each of them.
Now, the continuation we are to create for Shinji and those he's with now are left to us.

"I don't have anything I want to be when I grow up. I've never given any thought to things like dreams or hopes. But I've been thinking, lately. Maybe the reason I've never seen any hope is because I've never looked for it." - Shinji Ikari

" It might rain, and the wind might blow. But the sun will still shine on the road ahead. My future's unfolding forever ahead of me." - Shinji Ikari

I couldn't be any more proud of our boy.

The message reaches to us and stamps a peaceful end to this psychological roller-coaster. 18 years, and remains forever in our hearts.

Excellent manga, series, and franchise. (high hopes for Rebuild)


I finally read the last chapter after weeks of fighting the itch (I've been reading the hardcopy and was gonna wait for it LOL) but gave in. I was very happy about this ending and wanted to put it into words but this post really sums it up for me.

I enjoyed Sadamoto's take on Evangelion. What a long ride it's been.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Aug 13, 2013 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Very good closure, I was expecting a depressive tone but I'm glad that they earned their happy ending. BTW the ending just got RahXephon'd, lol.
 
Aug 24, 2013 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
Guigas said:
Very good closure, I was expecting a depressive tone but I'm glad that they earned their happy ending. BTW the ending just got RahXephon'd, lol.


Agreed. I do kind of wish we'd gotten some info on whether Misato emerged as well. The one thing the manga's missing by lacking the "Quantum Rei" thing from the show is the slight possibility that not only could Misato come back, but maybe Kaji as well, so those two could have their own happy ending.

(I guess that's part of the reason why I like Re-Take).
 
Sep 7, 2013 5:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1374
It must have been agonizing to read this from first chapter to last during it's entire publication.
 
Oct 11, 2013 1:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 644
Wow, just wow. What a hell of a ride and i certainly like the ending.
I haven't watched the original series yet and only the rebuilds but 3.33 is quite disappointing.

Overall this manga is just great. Kudos for Sadamoto.
Modified by RedgraveGilver, Nov 30, 2013 1:03 AM
 
Dec 21, 2013 11:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1672
Now THAT is an ending. That very well may be one of my favorite last chapters of all time. Beautifully done. So i'm guessing the world was reset with memories of the previous events being erased. The whole geography of the world must have been reset pre-2nd impact too. Kind of weird, if you think about that part too much. Apparently everyone thinks the MP Evas have always been there, as those "relics". Shinji seems to retain some of it, since he remembered Asuka. But what a great end to the series. I still wonder if Misato, Toji, Kaji, or any other character that was killed came back in this universe. But in the it doesn't matter too much. Shinji is the main character, and we see his life is now normal and he's on the path to a bright future. This ending was much more satisfying that anything related to Eva i've seen so far, and i'm sure the Rebuild movies aren't going to be able to match it. It's been quite a ride, and i'm sad to see it end, but i'm glad it ended really well.
I don't accept random friend requests, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about something i've posted or talk about some anime/manga that i've seen.

 
Jan 11, 2014 4:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 150
Really really nice ending! with this last chapter I can say I loved the entire manga, it was doubtful but I'm glad I decided to read it, I has been very enjoyable
 
Feb 23, 2014 4:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 546
That ending this is by far the best possible version of NGE... unless Rebulid 4.0 manages to top this... Ooh my excitement for Final is off the charts
 
Apr 21, 2014 10:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1716
This was everything I wanted and more.

» Escapism.


 
Apr 26, 2014 12:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 120
This was quite a ride, Very satisfied with the ending, Shinji and co finally have a chance to live normal lives.
 
Jun 17, 2014 1:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 2985
hope everything works out for him :)
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
 
Jun 26, 2014 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 953
To quote the original series: "Omedetou Shinji-kun!"

This was an awesome addition to the franchise and a great read. I liked the manga better that the TV series. This might be because I had a good idea of the plot when I started reading it, however there were some things that were handled better in the manga in my opinion, like Kaji's childhood or EVA-01 killing Touji. All in all, Neon Genesis Evangelion is a coin with more than two sides (TV series, End of Evangelion, Rebuilds, manga etc), but I believe that it's worth investing your time on the complex story, the relatable and well-developped characters, and its philosophy.

PS: If the petrified MP EVAs are seen as relics in the Evangelion universe, what are really the Moai relics in our universe?
 
Sep 21, 2014 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 107
I've just finished it. Haven't watched the anime yet so I can't compare but it was definitely one of the best series I've ever read. I heard that the manga focus a lot more on relationship between Shinji and Rei, that's kinda sad cause I prefer this pairing over Shinji x Asuka but well...



now I'm going straight for the anime
 
Mar 22, 2015 1:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3
I remember when I finished EoE and it left me with that weird feeling, I didn't know if i felt happy or sad. And now this manga has done it again, I loved going through it all over again with the new twists and this different (but kinda the same) ending.

What makes me sad is that I feel like Eva is comming to an end. Now that the manga is over all that's left is the last Rebuild movie. I sure hope it will be a great movie, looking forward to it.
 
Apr 1, 2015 8:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4568
Guigas said:
the ending just got RahXephon'd, lol.


Indeed! at least the ending was more satisfying than EoE

8/10
 
Jul 12, 2015 9:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1955
Farabeuf said:
yezbel said:
Sadamoto clearly left this bittersweet classic with an elegant touch and meaningful finale. I wished to ask for more but asking for more isn't even necessary anymore.

Seeing Asuka and Shinji in character yet accepting of change, and hopeful for the future is beyond satisfying. I'm not even going to go in on the connection and fate these two had all along, it was more than obvious.

I take that this was a more settling yet akin interpretation to End of Evangelion.
In EoE, we are left with Shinji and Asuka in a renewed world. Different yet similar directions but all in all, a familiar end. Both appear to be looking ahead (poster of the both together looking on at the red sea) and hopeful of what was ahead (meeting each other again in Shinji's new norm world).

I'm guessing since the manga has gone on for so long, many readers struggle to get the ending, but honestly, it couldn't get any clearer.
The many struggles Shinji, Asuka, Misato, Rei, and the others had has come into conclusion and we are left with a definite ending for each of them.
Now, the continuation we are to create for Shinji and those he's with now are left to us.

"I don't have anything I want to be when I grow up. I've never given any thought to things like dreams or hopes. But I've been thinking, lately. Maybe the reason I've never seen any hope is because I've never looked for it." - Shinji Ikari

" It might rain, and the wind might blow. But the sun will still shine on the road ahead. My future's unfolding forever ahead of me." - Shinji Ikari

I couldn't be any more proud of our boy.

The message reaches to us and stamps a peaceful end to this psychological roller-coaster. 18 years, and remains forever in our hearts.

Excellent manga, series, and franchise. (high hopes for Rebuild)


I finally read the last chapter after weeks of fighting the itch (I've been reading the hardcopy and was gonna wait for it LOL) but gave in. I was very happy about this ending and wanted to put it into words but this post really sums it up for me.

I enjoyed Sadamoto's take on Evangelion. What a long ride it's been.

Couldn't have said it any better.
I love both endings equally,but I prefer the sweetness of this manga ending.
I wouldn't mind the rebuilds ending this way tbh.

"My future, extends indefinitely"
10/10 from me.
 
Dec 25, 2015 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 114
This manga ending is SOOOO powerful, and I'm someone who actually loved the Series/Movie ending.

I've got to say, I like to clump this story and the original TV series together (like tack this ending onto EoE's ending) because I can't pick which ending I enjoyed more. This one feels much more holistic and complete, where EoE's massively 'open-ended' interpretation leaves you the way Shinji probably feels.

By far one of the best works I've come across from any medium :D
 
Apr 11, 2016 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 11687
Guigas said:
Very good closure, I was expecting a depressive tone but I'm glad that they earned their happy ending. BTW the ending just got RahXephon'd, lol.

Ah if only it had THE scene where this girl stands by the sea shore and a guy drawing a pic of her....

One of the best endings I've had the pleasure to read/watch in this medium. Sadamoto really goes full circle here, with Shinji's monologue looking eerily similar to the monologue at the very first page of this manga, only to get showered with a healthy dose of optimism at the end. Its a completely new world, so technically Shinji shouldn't really wonder if he has seen Asuka before. But oh well, 'tis the power of love. Also nice touch at the setting being right in the middle of winter, suggesting the world as a whole has changed.

'My future extends to infinity', probably the most satisfying ending line in manga? You can't help but feel happy for Shinji, and no one can say he and the other characters doesn't deserve such a satisfying ending. Overall, this manga was more coherent, more fulfilling than the anime has ever been. I loved it the first time I read it, and love it even more now the 2nd time. Its not without its shortcomings, mind. The whole SEELE was very poorly done, and they basically appeared as a pathetic cult more than anything. At times I felt the manga focused too much on Shinji, or used convenient plot devices (Toji) to usher emotions from him. I would have liked the likes of Misato, Kaji, Ritsuko to get a bit more focus not just for the sake of plot/back story, but as genuine characters. Just some nitpicks. Besides that, the manga does remarkably better on the problems I had with the anime.
A job well done by the mangaka.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

 
May 14, 2016 5:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 654
what a ending,that was good ride read NGE after long years waiting
10/10

never watch the anime,but the manga is fucking underrated :/
 
Oct 7, 2016 7:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 37
Loved the ending. It's very merciful compared to the other anime ending. This is exactly the break Shinji of the anime and movie needed, but never got. At least Shinji can move forward with hope in this manga.
 
May 31, 2017 5:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1305
This is the chapter discussion thread I was sent to after finishing the series yet nobody seems to be discussing that Eden of Summer chapter with Yui and some character named Mari Makinami. I liked getting insight into why Yui fell for Gendo but otherwise, I got none of that. Guessing it might have something to do with the Rebuild films but I haven't seen any of them. Anyway, the finale everyone is talking about was pretty good. I'll admit, I don't like it as much as End of Eva's, but it's nice to get a different and happier conclusion to the series. I thought the touch of focusing on the glistening of Misato's necklace during the final panel was a nice addition too, a way of highlighting how Shinji's prior experience/life aided him positively, specifically through Misato's symbol.

As a whole, I didn't enjoy this manga as much as the anime version. If I needed to explain the differences between the two as quickly as possible, I'd probably say the manga is more explicit. One of the most obvious examples that happened late in the game was actually hearing what Gendo told Ritsuko (it was my initial assumption for what he said in EoE too but upon looking into it further and thinking about it more, I came to the conclusion that it was "I needed you") and characters are just far more open about expressing themselves, we even get more overt characterization. Like when Gendo found Shinji before Misato at the beginning portions of the End of Eva material. This isn't necessarily a complaint by the way, just like an observation that probably explains why in general the anime worked better for me. Though honestly, if it wasn't for End of Eva I'm not certain I'd say I liked the anime better, and I liked the TV series original ending.

But for the manga, it was definitely a worthwhile read for another great take on the NGE story. There are certainly things I preferred from this version, for example the diminished focus on Angel battles, since those were often my least favorite part of the series, sans like, a few exceptions. Sadamoto's interpretation of the Ballet fight was better too, not the fight itself since they don't have the music to match in manga format, but everything leading up that I honestly enjoyed more than the anime version. Then there were instances where the manga did things differently and I'm not certain which version I prefer. The way they dealt with Toji's story arc was brilliant, and I'm a bit conflicted whether I liked it more than the anime. Toji's final speech to Shinji where he apologized for hitting him when he knew so little was such a gut-punch, I loved it. Kaji's another one. I loved his backstory, and the speech afterwards was great albeit pretty harsh, I'm not sure I enjoyed that as much as the oddly serene conversation they had in the anime but both versions are compelling in their own way and I'm glad I got to experience both. Kaworu's early introduction was something I was a fan of the idea of but was a little turned off by the initial kitty killing scene. Still, it was an interesting approach and when the series brought that scene back up for the Shinji killing Kaworu scene just wow. The page transition to Shinji strangling Kaworu in the field was brilliant.

Which reminds, Sadamoto clearly couldn't do a lot of the things the anime did due to the difference in medium, but he managed to take advantage of the manga medium in order to deliver some really great scenes. The art was always great, and while I sometimes got confused during action sequences because quite frankly I've never been good at following those, it was always a joy to look at. Especially moments that flowed with power like the Kaworu one mentioned above, or how he would use different shading techniques to convey different messages, if you go through some of my previous posts around here, I've mentioned a few examples in the past. Overall, for me this is an 8/10, there were certainly passages where it was a 9/10 but not enough to push it over for me.
 
Aug 19, 2017 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 5640
Terrestrious said:
This is the chapter discussion thread I was sent to after finishing the Eden of Summer chapter with Yui and some character named Mari Makinami. I liked getting insight into why Yui fell for Gendo but otherwise, I got none of that. Guessing it might have something to do with the Rebuild films but I haven't seen any of them.

Indeed, it's a bonus chapter depicting Sadamoto's take on Mari, a character created by Anno for the Shin Eva movies. He wrote that without discussing with Anno, relying only on his assumptions because of Mari's behaviour and manner of speaking toward certain characters along the fact she seemed to know certain things It's totally disconnected from the manga but is interesting once you watched the second Shin movie.


June 13, 2019
@Optigisa Yes, it is.
Modified by Rei366, Jun 12, 7:56 PM
 
Aug 19, 2017 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1305
Rei366 said:

Indeed, it's a bonus chapter depicting Sadamoto's take on Mari, a character created by Anno for the Shin Eva movies. He wrote that without discussing with Anno, relying only his assumptions because of Mari's behaviour and manner of speaking toward certain characters along the fact the things she seemed to know. It's totally disconnected from the manga but is interesting once you watched the second Shin movie.


I see, pretty interesting that it would happen without talking to Anno, thank you. Whenever I get around to those movies, I'll definitely make sure to re-read that chapter afterward.
 
Apr 14, 3:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 95
This is better than the anime or the rebuids in every aspect besides the manga limitations of motion or graphics. I am really glad that the manga version does exist. I like this ending that can replace the ending of the anime while not fully omitting EoE parts and we know more about the backgrounds of the main and side more deeply. Asuka is really a fun character, Shinji did more things he could do and Rei is more likeable than in the anime. Second manga i would rate 10/10 besides OMK.
Dih, Wibu lu.
 
Jun 12, 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 2108
So is this the girl who is added in the rebuild movies? Meh. Nice manga though.
 
Jun 12, 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 2108
Rei366 said:
Terrestrious said:
This is the chapter discussion thread I was sent to after finishing the Eden of Summer chapter with Yui and some character named Mari Makinami. I liked getting insight into why Yui fell for Gendo but otherwise, I got none of that. Guessing it might have something to do with the Rebuild films but I haven't seen any of them.

Indeed, it's a bonus chapter depicting Sadamoto's take on Mari, a character created by Anno for the Shin Eva movies. He wrote that without discussing with Anno, relying only on his assumptions because of Mari's behaviour and manner of speaking toward certain characters along the fact she seemed to know certain things It's totally disconnected from the manga but is interesting once you watched the second Shin movie.


June 13, 2019
@Optigisa Yes, it is.


Thanks for the clarification :)
 
Top