Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 14, 2012 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Dat beach episode. This was some fun entertainment tbh especially coming from Rikka, Kumin, and Sanae. I lol'd @ Shinka and her water gun this episode although the part with Touka seemed somewhat emotional. She's so serious at times imo but nice little history there regarding Rikka.

I also found that dog in this episode to be cute. Nice episode especially with some from Touka regarding Rikka. I liked it. 5/5.
Stark700Nov 14, 2012 5:26 PM
Nov 14, 2012 8:58 AM

Sep 2012
whats the name of that eye patch?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2012 9:34 AM

Nov 2007
LOL~~ @ the beginning.

That kouhai girl's wearing goth loli style!! Just like her seiyuu! Getting to know more about the eyepatched girl's past. About her father's death is the reason for her chuunibyou action. So sad that her house is gone.

lol @ nap girl's whiteness everywhere. lol @ Mori Summer and the dog.

Battle between her and her sister?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 14, 2012 10:24 AM

Feb 2009
That got serious quickly. Quite different from what we were getting. Not bad but not that good.
We were bound to get the reason why Rikka is acting all chuuni. A sort of defense mechanism for dealing with the loss. Bit predictable but still okay.
The comedy was still there so yeah. I guess it's round 2 with the Priestess.

Dunno who has the best swimsuit, Shinka or Kumin. Big bangs or pure white. Can't pick. And lol at the two's tan in their backs.

Why do I feel that we might get some new fanarts with Shinka and that dog. I just know some will pop out orz
Nov 14, 2012 11:25 AM
Jun 2008
so we got to see rikka's past eh? Shinka acting all innocent in this ep but she got thrown up on by Makoto lol He totally digs kumin. Touka was cute too when she was complemented by Shinka for her cooking skills. I wonder if rikka can finally beat her sister or not.
Nov 14, 2012 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
So that's what that brief shot of Touka, Rikka and their parents in the OP was foreshadowing.

All the girls looked nice in their swimsuits. While Shinka got a tan, Sanae got sun burned.

LMAO @ the dog taking a liking after Shinka.
Nov 14, 2012 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
Sadfunny episode. Ofc, Kumin was tasty as expected. That dress... and the swimsuit. No wonder Isshiki dreamed of her XD

And lol at Sanae and Shinka continuing their fights (complete with insults on BOTH their backs XD)

Rikka was extra-huggable, especially when she opened the door for Yuuta and was normal-cute.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 14, 2012 2:37 PM

Jul 2010
Damn.This has to be one of best episodes out yet.So many lol, moe and beautiful moments.
KUMIN-SENPAI! mole!.Isshiki x Kumin all the way!
''My wicked eye...is yours!'' im dying lmao.Thats the exact way i was thinking Rikka would confess or say something ''romantic'' to her love.
Anyway, here Rikka made something inside me just die:

5/5 why.Why i need to wait another week to see what happens next.
Nov 14, 2012 2:39 PM
Nov 2012
Gotta love the beach episodes. They are usually there to develop emotional back-stories to the characters and this one certainly did. Could have been a little funnier, but I guess it was needed.

I love the whole Isshiki/Kumin thing!!! She's adorable, reminds me of Tsukasa Hiiragi.

'Blast reality'...man that makes me shed a manly tear or two...
Nov 14, 2012 2:39 PM

Jan 2012
3/5. Boring, with a few interesting spots.

KyoAni. Don't make me dislike Rikka any further.
Nov 14, 2012 2:43 PM

Dec 2009
I wonder how this will go on.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 14, 2012 2:45 PM
Feb 2012
iLostReason said:
Damn.This has to be one of best episodes out yet.So many lol, moe and beautiful moments.
KUMIN-SENPAI! mole!.Isshiki x Kumin all the way!
''My wicked eye...is yours!'' im dying lmao.Thats the exact way i was thinking Rikka would confess or say something ''romantic'' to her love.

5/5 why.Why i need to wait another week to see what happens next.

And that guy just stands there and watches her cry. Bastard.
Nov 14, 2012 2:46 PM

Aug 2012
Could see the vulnerable side of Rikka coming and here it is, let the romance kick up another gear
Nov 14, 2012 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
NNick said:
iLostReason said:

And that guy just stands there and watches her cry. Bastard.

+1 for both of you. I'd have the urge to hug her several times throughout the episode.. :x

However, that tanning is awesome :D

Nice conter Dekomoron. :D
Also, Rikkas bikini is mor daring than you'd think. oO
At least KyoAni doesn't exaggerate the fan service here. It's rather moderate.
And that "confession" of Rikka in Yuuta's mind and that KuminxIsshiki so nice.
Plus more background of the female MC, yay. \o/
Not the best episode but one of the best.
Nov 14, 2012 2:57 PM

Aug 2010
Also, it looks like Shinka smells that "love is in the air".

And I have to agree, Kumin reminds me of Tsukasa, only in (even) cuter.

Mod Edit: Only one screenshot per post.
LunaNov 16, 2012 9:44 AM
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 14, 2012 3:04 PM

May 2009
That was one hell of a package episode, completely surprised me.
Nov 14, 2012 3:04 PM

Jun 2012
Well, I was definitely surprised by the serious developments in the plot. Otherwise, really funny and I'm enjoying this anime a lot.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Nov 14, 2012 3:07 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome ep as usual!

All the girls in swimsuits.. omg. Sexy! If only Rikka's sister was in one too ;D

Still though, this ep was pretty sad. Having someone close to you die at a young age effects you for the rest of your life. Heck, anything traumatic at that point in your life does. Totally didn't expect this turn of events. I thought Rikka's sister just didn't want to be alone with her in a summer trip, but this.. :O

I see this as a great precursor to the inevitable relationship between Rikka and Yuuta. Loved all the implications this ep.

As always, Sanae's antics are the best. It's good to see her and Shinka starting to get along too which I expected.

Lastly, Kumin was soo awesome this ep. So sexy in her dress and swimsuit! Isshiki acted the same way I would have lol. Pretty unexpected considering Shinka is the one people expect to fawn over.

Can't wait for next week!
Nov 14, 2012 3:20 PM

Aug 2010
Yvese said:
Isshiki acted the same way I would have lol. Pretty unexpected considering Shinka is the one people expect to fawn over.

Maybe because Shinka is a bit of a "Bitch in Sheep's Clothing", and can be quite scary. She's totally NOT what people would expect when they see her act in class.

Kumin on the other hand is 150% innocent, 24/7. Also, she has her head in the clouds all the time (probably because the clouds make a good pillow).
Nov 14, 2012 3:27 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,we got to know a little of why Rikka acts like she does,she just trying to deny reality in a way and trying to see her dad again.

As other things,the chicks looked great in swimsuits,Sanae as always the great comic relief of the anime poor her getting burn and making her eat the cheese XD

Kumin still innocent as hell and that sexy mole!!

At then Rikka crash with reality,watching her cry made me sad....well cant wait for next episode and the fight with the Priestess!

GIF's on Club! http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=518605
raxius1230Nov 14, 2012 8:49 PM
Nov 14, 2012 3:40 PM
Feb 2012
I wonder how old are they. 15?14?
Nov 14, 2012 3:47 PM

Jan 2011
well at least i know why she is the way she is, bro should had ran to her!
but besides the more serious moments there were some funny bits like how they both fell lol

and Shinka and Sanae seem to be getting along just fine in they're own way :P.
Nov 14, 2012 3:49 PM

Apr 2011
testyal1 said:
3/5. Boring, with a few interesting spots.

KyoAni. Don't make me dislike Rikka any further.

Huh? Are you serious? What's the reason that makes you dislike Rikka? And few interesting spot? Did you really watched episode 7? Explain yourself.
Anyway I loved every second of this episode like always (could be better but it doesn't hurt even a bit). The animation of this show is just great! Actually I was watching this episode with a smile in my face I was a little too happy because it finally aired but I'm horrible depressed now because I need to wait until the next week for another episode. : (
Nov 14, 2012 3:52 PM

May 2008
Banishumento disu worudo!

Great episode, really feel sad for Rikka , Yuuta is really awesome though helping her out and all , but still in the end T_T

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 14, 2012 3:53 PM
Oct 2012
NNick said:

Most of the characters are 1st year high school students, which is 10th grade in the US. So 15-16 years of ge, with Kumin being 16-17, and Sanae being a 14-15 (if she is a 3rd year middle schooler, a year less if she is a 2nd year, forgot which she is).

Good episode over all, though this has been more or less realistic to date, I wonder if the ending hints at introducing some actual fantasy into the series. Rikka finally losing control, being forced to confront her past and her sister, would be a good place to introduce it.

Probably not, but one can hope.
Nov 14, 2012 3:53 PM

May 2011
Well, that was a past there.

Rikka sometimes needs to learn harsh reality there.
Nov 14, 2012 3:55 PM
Nov 2012
Awesome episode, the best so far imo :
- Cool Yuuta/Dark Flame Master
- Sexy Kumin
- Hilarious sun tan
- Ultra cute RikkaxYuuta moments.
- Cool backstory, even tough a bit out-of-nowhere and generic, it's still interesting ans surprising.

And the cliffhanger was awesome. It really gave me the chills.

This one episode made this anime the one i'm looking forward the most this season now.
MishichiNov 14, 2012 3:59 PM
Nov 14, 2012 3:56 PM

Sep 2012
this is so different from the normal summer beach episode.. didn't know that Rikka has this background story.. kinda feel bad for her now.. hope she will be fine.. Dark Flame Master will save the day! the power of love~ :3

somehow Nibutani looks gorgeous in this episode :) while she usually looks scary.. ==

lol at Makoto's face starring at Tsuyuri's *ahem* xD
winter_mintNov 14, 2012 4:01 PM
Nov 14, 2012 4:00 PM

Mar 2008
It is interesting how KyoAni always trying to avoid to draw pantsu, yet they gladly draw beach episodes <3
The episode itself was pretty good. But this show is getting somewhat depressing. Not yet decided if I like it or not...

NNick said:

Is it really matters? Very often actions and decisions of the characters don't match with their given age.
EndymionNov 14, 2012 4:03 PM
Nov 14, 2012 4:05 PM

Aug 2012
I loved this episode. Although the part where Rikka see that the house is not there any more was sad. I was thinking maybe people now live in her home but noooo the house is gone that's even worst
Nov 14, 2012 4:05 PM
Feb 2012
Still. It wasn't really that dramatic nor sad.
She is overreacting. When someone who I knew died, I laughed at their funeral, literally, I was never sad. I've never been.
Nov 14, 2012 4:18 PM

May 2012
Very nice episode mixed with emotions and laughters.. I just want to hug Rikka now.. the scene at the end where she saw the "Land for Sale" almost made me cry :(
Nov 14, 2012 4:23 PM

Apr 2011
NNick said:
Still. It wasn't really that dramatic nor sad.
She is overreacting. When someone who I knew died, I laughed at their funeral, literally, I was never sad. I've never been.

She's not really overreacting, she loved her father and she's still young so the mature mentality is quite null and then there was her grandfather who doesn't accept her at all so her father was the core of happiness and she lost it.
Nov 14, 2012 4:25 PM
Feb 2012
And so she went insane. Figures.
Still not sad.
Nov 14, 2012 4:26 PM
Oct 2010
love how in 5 minutes it goes from rikka falling into bushes to crying.

fantastic ep. senpai so HNGGG. the back and forth between dekomori and nibutani is fucking golden

watching rikka cry </3
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Nov 14, 2012 4:29 PM

Mar 2012
I wonder how rikka will get over her father's death. I wonder if magic will be imbued into the story
Nov 14, 2012 4:33 PM

Feb 2012
Wordsmith said:
Yvese said:
Isshiki acted the same way I would have lol. Pretty unexpected considering Shinka is the one people expect to fawn over.

Maybe because Shinka is a bit of a "Bitch in Sheep's Clothing", and can be quite scary. She's totally NOT what people would expect when they see her act in class.

Kumin on the other hand is 150% innocent, 24/7. Also, she has her head in the clouds all the time (probably because the clouds make a good pillow).
Agree with you there! I'm glad she turned out that way. Last thing we need is a character that gets in the way of Rikka and Yuuta :P

NNick said:
Still not sad.
Sounds like the sad moments just weren't for you. That's fine. If you laugh at other peoples funerals, that's all on you man.
Nov 14, 2012 4:39 PM

Jul 2009
need more dark flake master... and mori summer's hairstyle is to hgnhhhh.
KurogashiNov 14, 2012 4:44 PM
Nov 14, 2012 4:49 PM
Jul 2012
I think if this came from any other show, the events that transpired really wouldn't be sad, but the entirety of the previous episodes were so misleading that you wouldn't suspect a sudden twist like this, no matter how subtle it is. This show probably isn't trying to go for a drama, but more of a very light romance with oodles of moe and derp.

As someone who likes this type of stuff, my opinion is damnnnn, what an episode.
Nov 14, 2012 4:51 PM

Feb 2012
Dark Flame Master showed up as expected :D

And I don't get it. Why was the sister stopping Rikka from going out? Wouldn't it be better if she let her go out and realize it herself? o_o
Nov 14, 2012 4:51 PM

May 2012
nibutani and touka such a babe.. :)

Nov 14, 2012 4:56 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
HauntingShock said:
And I don't get it. Why was the sister stopping Rikka from going out? Wouldn't it be better if she let her go out and realize it herself? o_o
I'm a little confused by the Priestess as well. In particular, she specifically asked Yuuta along to because of his relationship with Rikka, but then she actively tries to stop him from helping Rikka. Maybe the Priestess is hiding something as well.

LOL - Nibutani is the only one of the three girls that sees what is happening between Rikka and Yuuta. Also, it really does appear that she and Dekomori are going to become good friends.
Nov 14, 2012 5:02 PM

Feb 2012
Cratex said:
HauntingShock said:
I'm a little confused by the Priestess as well. In particular, she specifically asked Yuuta along to because of his relationship with Rikka, but then she actively tries to stop him from helping Rikka. Maybe the Priestess is hiding something as well.

LOL - Nibutani is the only one of the three girls that sees what is happening between Rikka and Yuuta. Also, it really does appear that she and Dekomori are going to become good friends.

Yeah... let's hear others' opinions as well.

I think it'll be more of a sister relationship between Dekomori and Nibutani :D
Nov 14, 2012 5:08 PM

Jun 2008
I just cannot get enough of Lelouch-poses and Fukujun Lelouch voice as Dark flame master.

Overall another great ep~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 14, 2012 5:10 PM

Jun 2012
Orulyon said:
I just cannot get enough of Lelouch-poses and Fukujun Lelouch voice as Dark flame master.

Overall another great ep~

Ha ha great right.. Another excellant episode even though it was more seriouse.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Nov 14, 2012 5:11 PM

Aug 2011
We need more anime male leads like Yuuta!

Kumin in DAT dress!!!! insanely bess!!!!!

Kumin sleeping in DAT dress! DAT mole!!!! insanely great!!!!

Kumin in DAT white swimsuit!!!! insanely hott!!!!

Rikka looked insanely cute in her bikini as well. It goes without saying, this episode was insane!!!!!! better than anything Shitsekai Yaoi could ever do!!!

So in order to cope with the loss of her father, she needed the wicked eye to help her thru. Kinda sad knowing that for 2 years she was in that house all alone with no one to understand her.

Rikka vs Tooka should be interesting..., looks like its gonna be another emotional episode next week. And after this episode, it is clear to me, that this anime is the best for the season without doubt. Sakurasou lost its appeal after last episode, so it will be 2nd.

I'm looking for Nibutani to fall for Isshiki and start to show some jealousy. The 2 of them seem like they would be good together.

Finally:

Episode Naxcore: 5 out of 5
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 14, 2012 5:12 PM

Apr 2011

NNick said:
Still not sad.

How is her reactions insane? It was kinda normal in my opinion. And anime isn't about reality reactions at all, anime enhance emotions (insanity is a word way too strong to describe it) otherwise I would live my life without watching any kind of show.
TormentedNov 14, 2012 5:16 PM
Nov 14, 2012 5:18 PM

Aug 2011
Cratex said:
HauntingShock said:

Do you think Rikka can handle knowing the place she grew up in, the place where all of her only fun memories as a child, is now gone? The last minute of the episode clearly shows she cannot handle that reality.

And Tooka only asked Yuuta to come along so Rikka wouldnt be stuck in her room for the whole vacation. She didnt expect him to give in and indulge Rikka. She only wanted him there so Rikka had someone who understood her.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 14, 2012 5:26 PM

Feb 2012
Naxrrhid said:
Cratex said:
HauntingShock said:

Do you think Rikka can handle knowing the place she grew up in, the place where all of her only fun memories as a child, is now gone? The last minute of the episode clearly shows she cannot handle that reality.

And Tooka only asked Yuuta to come along so Rikka wouldnt be stuck in her room for the whole vacation. She didnt expect him to give in and indulge Rikka. She only wanted him there so Rikka had someone who understood her.

Makes sense...
Nov 14, 2012 5:36 PM
Aug 2012
Thank god I try my hardest not to predict whats going to happen next so even the tiniest plot twist will usually surprise me. But MY GOD I don't think I EVER would have expected that. This show is so amazing! I really hope they do a second season!!!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

672 by Ne-mo »»
Apr 20, 1:40 PM

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

323 by Zimmu »»
Mar 13, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

489 by FarCritical »»
Feb 22, 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.