Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 14, 2012 3:33 AM

Aug 2012
Bleach has had two good chapters in a row....i think this might me a 1st in a few years. I think tite kubo is really trying to pull out all the stops and make up for all his mistakes in this finale. For the 1st time in a long time I can say I'm excited for next weeks chapter!!
Nov 14, 2012 3:38 AM

Jul 2007
Okay this seals it - Royal Division will not be exactly friendly. Mayuri is scared, Shinji says Ichigo should not be there and everyone is on high alert. From everything they are clearly "conservatives" and overall jerks(which is given off by their flashy designs). Add to it the chapter tagline being "Calm before the storm" and its quite clear that Royal Guards no better kind of news than VR.

Also the yamato nadeshiko one most likely ties back to Shunsui's backstory.

DeMoNHuNtEr said:
So... where the fuck were these guys during the whole Aizen fiasco?

Considering how everyone is not thrilled and actually scared of them, I am guessing they just did not give a shit back then.
AhenshihaelNov 14, 2012 3:52 AM
Nov 14, 2012 3:43 AM

Jun 2009
That dude on the right will turn out to be a relative of Don Kanonji (who is actually the Soul King). Who's with me?

Fai said:
(which is given off by their flashy designs)

wat?
Nov 14, 2012 3:48 AM

Jul 2007
grandy_UiD said:

Fai said:

wat?

EVERY RG shown has an unique, eccentric character design, which so far has been the defining point of all the loudmouths, egoists and narcisists in this manga(Mayuri, Yami, that one sternritter, etc)

RG facial features are designed to be outstanding in "we feel special" kind of way, with definitive traits of yakuza and japanese celebrities being used.
Nov 14, 2012 4:07 AM

Dec 2008
Great question, Ichigo! Where indeed WAS the Zero Squad while SS was getting squashed by the Quincies? Also, those are some hideous character designs for a group of people that are supposed to be the epitome of badassery...sans the chick on the right.
Nov 14, 2012 4:10 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
grandy_UiD said:

Fai said:

wat?

EVERY RG shown has an unique, eccentric character design, which so far has been the defining point of all the loudmouths, egoists and narcisists in this manga(Mayuri, Yami, that one sternritter, etc)

RG facial features are designed to be outstanding in "we feel special" kind of way, with definitive traits of yakuza and japanese celebrities being used.

On second thought I have to admit that they do look different for Bleach standards. I almost get the feeling that Kubo went out of his way to come up with characters whose faces do not look like everyone else's for once.

So yeah, within the Bleach universe they are unique, you are right. Overall they still don't feel too special, so I'll stick with my "disappointed" statement for now. At least until we actually get to see more of them.
Nov 14, 2012 4:22 AM

Sep 2009
> people complaining not enough kon
> kubo delivers
> people still complain
> people

good god, you'll never be satisfied with anything.

the ch was good, I like the designs of the zero squad and am not really surprised their 5 in total instead of 10.

And since their powers surpass that of Gotei 13, then we can speculate that Isshin was also a member of squad Zero considering he was wiping the floor with Aizen, something that no other captain could do.

I kinda like that guy with the beard and the hot girl XD

But lol at Kon's into. I never would've guessed it was him from that body....how does he even lift with no fingers D:

Confirmed roidrage user :))

I also wonder how Ichigo's new bankai will look like
Nov 14, 2012 4:29 AM

Dec 2011
Dang it. I was expecting some young people looking here... but they are all geezers. I guess we can't have young people because they are even stronger than the Gotei 13.

And new tidbit of info. Bankai can't be fixed! Though I think there will be a remedy for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2012 4:45 AM

Jun 2009
Inarius said:
> people complaining not enough kon

That happened? People must be insane...
Nov 14, 2012 4:52 AM

Sep 2009
hmm, that Yakuza looking guy...seems like Kubo's been reading Shaman King lately

KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nov 14, 2012 5:00 AM

Jan 2012
Inarius said:
hmm, that Yakuza looking guy...seems like Kubo's been reading Shaman King lately

KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

so am i.

-100000 for kon
+100000000000 for shunsui <3 introducing THE ZERO DIVISION!
(so 'i like')
Nov 14, 2012 5:13 AM

Jun 2012
KON-SAMA!! is back, finally.

first impression of Zero divison(left to right) : 1.Gin's mother.
2.Penis hair guy.
3.Idk...New capitan commander
4.Hot sexy girl(I love her <3)
5.Retardet one

Btw. They can surpass yama-ji in bankai ??? O_o
Nov 14, 2012 5:16 AM

Jun 2012
Arashi89 said:
Oh ok Kubo. Ichigo can never gain his powers back ever again. Uh huh, just like when he used the final Gestuga Tenshou. Whatever, see you at the next unexpected power up.

Power up ?...Read this chapter again!!!
Nov 14, 2012 5:16 AM
Nov 2012
SilentTruth said:
Zero division...

Hmm, I got bad feeling about this.

Me too, it is not like that captains were happy to even see them (Mayuri comment to Ichy) and I get the feeling it is not going to be good for Ichigo either, from what the Hirako said.
I think they are going to act all high and mighty/arrogant and throw their weight around and take charge.

Although I can see one them seeing sense and even helping Ichigo. ..
But I think, as Ichigos Bankai won’t be the same, it is a cue to develop his Quincy powers, and some sort of fusion with bankai in the end.

Lastly the zero squad being stronger than the whole 13 divisions isn’t that big a deal. Aizen practically took the 13 divisions down plus more.
If he wasn’t so arrogant towards the end and planned better he would have been more successful.
OutrajousNov 14, 2012 5:48 AM
Nov 14, 2012 5:54 AM

Aug 2012
The Zero Squad huh?
They're supposedly stronger than the captains... but not Ichigo, no one's sronger than Ichigo. Right Kubo?
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 14, 2012 5:54 AM

Nov 2008
Lolwut, that Kon xD
Well at least the zero division's character designs is not based on someone that we already know that I can remember (in bleach).
It's funny how Kubo took precaution when Kurotsuchi said that the zanpakuto's in bankai couldn't be fixed with that 3 exceptions.
Nov 14, 2012 5:56 AM
Mar 2009
I didn't know Soi Fong had a sister...

A hot sister.
Nov 14, 2012 6:19 AM

Sep 2009
Ok, the Royal Guard's appearance are very disappointing to me. None of them look strong or amazing IMO. The Kon part was smh. I thought Kubo finally got rid of that annoying guy, ffs.

I didn't know Ikkakku's bankai has been weakened and Abarai's still has broken blades. There is more to bankai than what is known then I guess. It is probably a trade-off, more power, but harder to recover if damaged.

Nov 14, 2012 6:31 AM

May 2009
Oh dear, I can't believe people are actually complaining about the Zero Division's looks. -.-'

Anyway, I suppose one of those two gals has to be that Hikifune person that Urahara replaced 112 years ago. And is it only me, or does the guy on the far right look a lot like Love?
Nov 14, 2012 6:35 AM

Feb 2012
Zero squad looks to be a good addition that will make things interesting, then there is the question why is kon there lol ,and if that wasn't enough then there is the question as to why all of the sudden it became a good idea to remodel zangetsu.
Nov 14, 2012 6:37 AM

Sep 2010
Didn't yamamoto say he was the strongest soul reaper ever born? These new guys must have some over stacked abilities.

Anyway Kubo is really trying hard to aviod the subject of zangetsu's spirit form or the state of ichigo's hollow powers lol. Eventually you'd think it would come up in conversation. Then again he did kinda write himself into a hole with the overpowered bankai from ichigo had during the final fight with aizen.

Also the whole bankais never returning to the way they were after being broken is just an excuse for giving ichigo another unnecessary powered up form. I really don't see the point because in the end Ichigo will still resort to using getsuga as his one and only attack.
Nov 14, 2012 6:40 AM

Oct 2007
First of all, what's up with those clowns at the end?

They look like fodder for slaughter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2012 6:43 AM

Dec 2007
BlackSCREEN said:
Arashi89 said:
Oh ok Kubo. Ichigo can never gain his powers back ever again. Uh huh, just like when he used the final Gestuga Tenshou. Whatever, see you at the next unexpected power up.

Power up ?...Read this chapter again!!!

Maybe its you who has to read this series again ;]. In Bleach people lose their powers more often than they lose their keys or phones. Let's see... Ichigo twice, Ishida once(twice, if you count anime fillers), Isshin once. There was always a way around it, hence it became like a tradition of sort, with no impact whatsoever*.

*Yes, it seems that it could be so much different with Byakuya - but fuck it, the same was with the case of his "death" so I won't be trolled by Kubo again. I'm betting that it is only for Kuchiki's 'unexpected' return in full glory when some of the useless/unpopular captain(Rose, Kensei, Komamura or Soi Fon) will be beaten.
PutyNov 14, 2012 6:56 AM

Nov 14, 2012 6:44 AM

Apr 2010
I am REALLY hoping Ichigo's Zangetsu is restored to what it was BEFORE Final Getsuga. I hate this Fullbring/Zangetsu shit. The Fullbring Arc should have never happened.
Nov 14, 2012 6:45 AM

Mar 2011
Need some clarifications here. That part about the Royal Palace existing in the Seiretei.
What does the wall have to do with it. Read it a couple of times but I can't make heads or tails with it. The wall being constantly on a higher level, what does that got to with it and how does it explain that the Royal Palace exists in SS?
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 14, 2012 7:12 AM

Jan 2012
the seiretei in one of those bleach films is showed to us 'upside down' (i guess it was memories of nobody?)
then imo this wall is usually in the universe on some plane that is collateral to the plane of the real world (im not sure about my english terminology -.-)
edit:
or the Royal palace may be just like Hueco mundo- in other dimension. then Hueco mundo would be some kind of equivalent of the royal palace?
Lemon13Nov 14, 2012 7:42 AM
Nov 14, 2012 7:19 AM

Mar 2011
Haven't watched any of the films so I can't really allign myself to this logic. Nothing wrong with your terminnology, just that I still don't get it. Sooo..is there some kind of gate to the RP above seiretei that the walls are guarding when they are levitated?
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 14, 2012 7:24 AM

Jul 2009
So, next chapter will be them asking who ichigo is and what his relation to seiretei is. He'll introduce him self. Royal Guard will rage at the name "Kurosaki" and attack him for his father. He'll end up using blut vein, fullbringer light, and pop out his hollow mask. They'll rage even further about how hes everything. Isshin will show up protecting ichigo.

So, ichigo has all these billions of options on how to repair his Zanpakuto...
A) Hollow Ichigo somehow repairs it with highspeed regeneration inside the inner world (since he is zangetsu himself *shrug*)
B) Orihime (srs, why didnt he think of this as his first option?..)
C) Quincy related stuff, with him absorbing it into himself like the medallions.
D) He uses fullbring to pull out Zangetsu from his Shinigami badge, since it apparently has the memories of his shinigami powers the way they where.
etc.
Nov 14, 2012 7:36 AM

Mar 2011
But HM is an entirely different dimension accesible from everywhere as long as you open a Garganta. According to this chapter RP exists in SS dimension...or not? I don't know, that's why I keep asking.
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 14, 2012 7:39 AM
Mar 2012
I decided to read a bleach chapter, and all I see are those fodder faces in the end, what the?
Nov 14, 2012 7:39 AM

Dec 2010
revelations here and there, anyways i say great chapter although a bit short

and how the hell did Kon get there? he must have come with someone, i wonder who? Isshin?
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Nov 14, 2012 7:43 AM

Feb 2012
Kanic said:
Haven't watched any of the films so I can't really allign myself to this logic. Nothing wrong with your terminnology, just that I still don't get it. Sooo..is there some kind of gate to the RP above seiretei that the walls are guarding when they are levitated?

I didn't understand it either, even after reading Mangastream's version but anyachan's explanation sounds legit, I guess the royal palace is above SS and you need to pass a gate or a layer to get there.
ZhouNov 14, 2012 7:53 AM
Nov 14, 2012 7:50 AM

Jan 2012
hmmm... like underground? >.< lets wait for next chapter maybe kubo will find a way to extricate from it. but i doubt his will
Nov 14, 2012 7:56 AM

Mar 2011
Well, we are gonna get a proper explanation at some point that's for sure.
So let's recap.
There is the key that Aizen wanted to create, and that key opens the gate to RP. So that gate is one and only, unlike Garganta, and exists above seiretei (I presume?) and that wall is the extra protection when levitated?
KanicNov 14, 2012 8:07 AM
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 14, 2012 8:05 AM

Apr 2008
- I partially...can't take the ZEROs seriously, but hey. They had a fancy entrance and they are the strongest...

- I always wondered about Renji's sword. Couldn't tell if it was "weaker". According to Kuro's logic, Senbonsakura is really really doomed...?

- Kon?!
Nov 14, 2012 8:08 AM
Feb 2012
Pretty boring chapter. The only thing really interesting is the arrival of Squad Zero and at the moment I really can't take them seriously. Maybe that'll change once they actually start doing something
Nov 14, 2012 8:32 AM
Mar 2011
Is it Kon who called the Squad Zero?
Nov 14, 2012 8:36 AM

Nov 2009
Is it me or did the Zero Squad logo change from "零" to.. something else?

Or was the "Rei" kanji just speculation and never actually appeared in the manga or anime? I don't remember.
Nov 14, 2012 8:50 AM
Oct 2010
damn son they look like BAMFs

hot captain woman. cant wait to see her more
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Nov 14, 2012 8:51 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Didn't expect that. Kubo pulled it off with the #0 Espada too. This is so great.

Nov 14, 2012 8:57 AM

Aug 2007
Geez, Kubo's new character design is getting worse and worse.
Nov 14, 2012 9:16 AM

Aug 2012
Cool chapter, I prefer that there arent many in Squad Zero though five may be a bit extreme, I hope they act more badass than they look (excluding the woman on the right) though.
Nov 14, 2012 9:26 AM

Jan 2011
Cant wait to see how strong Hikifune is
Nov 14, 2012 9:33 AM

Jan 2008
disappointed is the word !!

there is a lack of impact in the event and a lack of charisma in the zero team.
Nov 14, 2012 9:34 AM

Jul 2010
Oh, so bankai can't be repaired.Interesting...anyway, that hot girl from Zero Squad!
We got some Yakuza guy and ''fluffy'' woman as well.The rest doesnt seem really interesting, but we will see.
Their combined power is greater than Gotei 13? OP much? o_O i mean look at how each of captains was badass sometimes, and we didnt even see some bankais, for example Kyouraku's.Thats sick.
Nov 14, 2012 9:34 AM

Sep 2009
bonifide said:
Sereni said:
Havent posted in ages... but damn.. this chapter was surprisingly good. It revealed a lot and the zero squad is finally unveiled. If they're all captains though then that must mean they're each on par with the CC, if not more powerful, than the CC.

Naw they pretty much stronger than CC. He is part of the Gotei 13. Thats probably the only reason they came because he's dead.

maybe the 5 of them at the same time
when yamamoto faced aizen he said he was the strongest shinigami born in the past 1000 years. so unless they're older they aren't stronger than him.
Nov 14, 2012 9:37 AM
Nov 2007
They all look like douchebags oligarchs. Only that girl is sexy, but I'm guessing she is bitch.
Nov 14, 2012 9:40 AM
Mar 2011
smokeisdaman said:

when yamamoto faced aizen he said he was the strongest shinigami born in the past 1000 years. so unless they're older they aren't stronger than him.

Are they shinigami? Or perhaps Yamamoto was stronger before (and then became much weaker)?
Nov 14, 2012 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
About the walls, I understood it as them usually surrounding the Royal Palace. But during emergencies a part of the Royal palace comes down to protect Soul Society.

And my guess is that the one on the left is Hikifune... the rest of them look like a mix between a Yakuza, a Pirate, a member of the Triads and a member of a street gang... could be that some of them were part of Yamamoto's group way back when Juha Bach actually feared Soul Society.

Nov 14, 2012 9:49 AM

Feb 2012
I love the design of Squad Zero members, there is no some Byakuya-like long hair pretty gay boys, they all look serious, and ready for business and I like that.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.