Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2012 9:43 AM

Oct 2012
i can't believe there is only one 5 year old thread on this, so which of there three major system are you favorite collectively wit on the systems they have released

also who will have the best next gen system which aren't to far away
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2012 11:59 AM

Jun 2012
At the moment I prefer Sony.

The WiiU looks entertaining.

There's not really enough information out about the new Playstation or XBox for me to judge them.

I'm about 99% Sure that I would never buy an XBox of any kind.
Nov 2, 2012 12:11 PM

May 2009
^ I agree with your avatar.

But for me is atm Nintedno, because I simply played on my wii the most. Pretty sure Sony will shine with their PS4, I enjoyed Uncharted and some Multiplats.
Nov 2, 2012 12:15 PM

Jan 2008
I prefer Sony. I haven't played anything outside of a demo in about a month.

Still not buying another Nintendo system until they release a new Star Fox game.
Nov 2, 2012 12:16 PM

Sep 2011
oh god, here we go

oh whatever ill answer, sony

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 2, 2012 12:26 PM
Mar 2012
PC
Nov 2, 2012 12:29 PM
Mar 2011
Nintendo will always win
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 2, 2012 12:31 PM

Jun 2011
Out of the current systems I say Wii, but I only have a Wii and a 360. PS3 has the most appealing games to me though.

Next gen, there isn't nearly enough info to judge, and I don't have enough brand loyalty to declare a winner beforehand.
Nov 2, 2012 12:34 PM

Apr 2010
Sony currently.
Nov 2, 2012 12:35 PM

Jul 2011
Nintendo is the worst system graphics wise
Nov 2, 2012 12:37 PM
Mar 2011
if you put the 1st and 2nd party games of each side by side
what is more well know world wide out of the three
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 2, 2012 12:39 PM
May 2009
Allah said:

ok and what, exactly, does that have to do with the games on it? if the game isnt fun who the **** cares if it looks good?

me ive been a nintendo fan since the NES but i do most of my gaming via PC
Nov 2, 2012 12:41 PM

Jul 2011
AnvilMAn said:
Allah said:

ok and what, exactly, does that have to do with the games on it? if the game isnt fun who the **** cares if it looks good?

me ive been a nintendo fan since the NES but i do most of my gaming via PC

Because to some people the graphics add to the enjoyment
Nov 2, 2012 1:35 PM

Nov 2011
For newer consoles, Sony for me.

Older ones, (8-bit and 16-bit) Sega is my favorite.

I never really liked Nintendo at all, even in the old days. I'm a PC gamer mostly though.
Nov 2, 2012 3:23 PM

Nov 2007
I predict odious things from this thread....

As a gaming company I prefer Nintendo since they have a lot of neat first-party games. I also like Playstation because it tends to have a lot of RPGs, and especially since the PS3 is region free.

I don't care about PC or Microsoft at all.

I guess I am PSWii?
Nov 2, 2012 3:31 PM

Jun 2007
Nov 2, 2012 3:34 PM

Apr 2012
Sony, although saying that it broke about a month ago :/ but it lasted I think 4 years(from the time it was released till now).
Never owned a 360, so Wii with a lot of friends would be second.
Nov 2, 2012 3:35 PM
Jul 2012
Nintendo
Nov 2, 2012 3:39 PM
Mar 2011
Rainbow-Dash said:

were is the acutal reatail market more healthy
were has sold more PC or all Console [ im also i PC gamer who plays doujin so dont mention te indie market]

there is more virty in console gaming

Nov 2, 2012 3:47 PM

Sep 2008
I have all 3 makers consoles, and the one that gets used the most would have to be the wii and xbox due to having friends over playing multiplayer games. Enjoyment through these consoles I've found to be a lot better even though graphics on wii may not be as great as what you'd get on a PS3. I've had my ps3 for a little over 3yrs now and only play it for rpg's maybe once(if that) a month.
Nov 2, 2012 4:07 PM

Jun 2012
Out of those three companies? Nintendo by far, mainly because I've actually enjoyed a lot of the older games they produced, not so much anytime recently though. I try to play on PC if I can, and pretty much will only buy ps3/wii/DS exclusives. I do have a decent n64 collection though.

Otaking87 said:
were is the acutal reatail market more healthy
were has sold more PC or all Console [ im also i PC gamer who plays doujin so dont mention te indie market]

there is more virty in console gaming

何? えんぐりし下さい!
Nov 2, 2012 4:23 PM

Mar 2012
I have a SNES, PS2, and Xbox 360 so..yeah...

But they're all my favorites from their respective generations (the Xbox simply because it was cheaper than a PS3 at the time and it wasn't a Wii).
I'm also not a huge fan of the Playstation controllers. The Xbox controllers just feel better, both in shape and weight. I also like driving with triggers rather than a control stick because you can't race without left foot braking.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Nov 2, 2012 4:37 PM

Oct 2012
i think that nintendo was the best but the cube was down hill, wii is unique and fu with a group but nothing else

sony has been very strong none of there systems were a let down

xbox is good but only has 2 generations so far but they have a great set of games unique to them

as for next gen i'm interested to see what they all do with there motion sensor tech, they wii started it, but sony and micro both have there version, n graphics will be sick because its been so long since the last consoles came out, longer then average
Nov 2, 2012 4:40 PM

Jun 2012
Negative-Travis said:
I have a SNES, PS2, and Xbox 360 so..yeah...

But they're all my favorites from their respective generations (the Xbox simply because it was cheaper than a PS3 at the time and it wasn't a Wii).
I'm also not a huge fan of the Playstation controllers. The Xbox controllers just feel better, both in shape and weight. I also like driving with triggers rather than a control stick because you can't race without left foot braking.

360 controllers would be perfect if it wasn't for that d-pad. I realize even if they did fix it, I couldn't have both the analog stick and d-pad parallel to the buttons. I basically just switch between ps3 controllers for older games or simple rpg's, and the 360 for 3D games that aren't FPS'
Nov 2, 2012 6:15 PM

Sep 2008
I can emulate Wii games on my PC, and the 360 doesn't have any games worth playing that I can't play on my PC.

I guess the PS3 wins because it's got exclusives I can't get on my PC. But I use my PS3 far more a media center then actually playing games on it.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 3, 2012 12:16 AM

Feb 2011
PS3 love me some uncharted.
Nov 3, 2012 12:45 AM

Nov 2012
Sony FTW! Nintendo is good as well but I've never liked Microsoft much... Macs are better and PS3s PWNS Xbox 360
Nov 3, 2012 6:45 AM
May 2009
while i do most of my gaming on the PC i dont believe in the whole "pc gaming master race" thing.

and as for people who consider graphics more important then the gameplay:

you are stupid, nuff said
Nov 3, 2012 7:44 AM

Jun 2009
Favourite console this gen? Ps3
Objectively worst company? Microsoft

EDIT: Oh wait, all of their consoles collectively? Probably Nintendo then. I hated the wii, but I can overlook that disaster and appreciate what they've done for gaming with the previous consoles. Don't get me wrong, I'm no graphic whore; however there's no denying the Wii is lacking. Skyward Sword looks amazing in 1080p on my pc, on the console however, it looks like pixelated trash.
TrapaliciousNov 3, 2012 7:57 AM
Nov 3, 2012 12:10 PM

Oct 2012
i don't get how people play so many games on a pc, i play some games on pc but most slow strategy games like civilization or total war, but fast paced games like playing COD the pc is obviously at a huge disadvantage its designed to type.
Nov 3, 2012 12:24 PM

Mar 2010
theglack said:
i don't get how people play so many games on a pc, i play some games on pc but most slow strategy games like civilization or total war, but fast paced games like playing COD the pc is obviously at a huge disadvantage its designed to type.
there are gamepads that work with PCs so that's not an issue
Nov 3, 2012 12:34 PM

Jun 2011
theglack said:

wat.

The mouse is the most accurate way to aim in FPS games, so how does the PC have a huge disadvantage?
Nov 3, 2012 12:36 PM
Mar 2011
Vylash said:
theglack said:
there are gamepads that work with PCs so that's not an issue

i use native imput only

Nov 3, 2012 12:57 PM

Sep 2008
theglack said:

Uh no, Keyboards & Mouse have a really high skill ceiling, and the reason they refuse to link up PC and Consoles shooters on line because PC users have an overwhelming advantage over controller users.

every console shooter has aim assist or very tolerant hit boxes because if they didn't you'd never be able to hit anything on a console
JigeroNov 3, 2012 1:02 PM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 3, 2012 2:12 PM

Nov 2008
The best console (specs) is the PS3. But in terms of exclusives, they're all pretty lackluster.

Nov 3, 2012 5:31 PM

Jun 2012
Take this "news" however you want...

Playstation 4/Orbis
Nov 3, 2012 5:37 PM
Mar 2011
Jigero said:
theglack said:

Uh no, Keyboards & Mouse have a really high skill ceiling, and the reason they refuse to link up PC and Consoles shooters on line because PC users have an overwhelming advantage over controller users.

every console shooter has aim assist or very tolerant hit boxes because if they didn't you'd never be able to hit anything on a console

you use shooter but you only mean FPS while theres Types of Shooters that cannot have aim assit

Nov 3, 2012 5:59 PM

Feb 2010
theglack said:

Once you started FPS with keyboard and mouse, controller just seems so redundant and pointless. For me it was CS1.3 lan.
Nov 3, 2012 6:04 PM

Mar 2010
I don't have a preference, Nintendo and Sony both give me joy, but I don't prefer one over the other in terms of games. In terms of customer service? Nintendo all the way
Nov 3, 2012 9:34 PM

Jun 2007
DeWinter said:

Playstation 4/Orbis

"The “ultimate goal” for the hardware, we were told, is for it to be able to run 1080p60 games in 3D with “no problem,” to create a machine that’s powerful enough for “today and tomorrow’s market”."

That's a rather sad "ultimate goal". I mean 5 years ago I would have thought it sounded decent. What they need to be aiming for is 1600p and above.
LeondreNov 3, 2012 9:40 PM
Nov 4, 2012 10:54 AM

Apr 2012
I'm going to be the oddball over here and say Xbox is my console of choice. Unfortunately, when I did have a PS3 it was pretty much used just to watch Blue Ray Movies or play the occasional PS3 Exclusive.
Nov 4, 2012 10:58 AM

Nov 2008
Rainbow-Dash said:
DeWinter said:

Playstation 4/Orbis

"The “ultimate goal” for the hardware, we were told, is for it to be able to run 1080p60 games in 3D with “no problem,” to create a machine that’s powerful enough for “today and tomorrow’s market”."

That's a rather sad "ultimate goal". I mean 5 years ago I would have thought it sounded decent. What they need to be aiming for is 1600p and above.
Complete waste of money.

Nov 4, 2012 11:03 AM

Jun 2011
Rainbow-Dash said:

That goal doesn't really say anything anyway.

Games with less complex graphics are much easier to run in 1080p than games with more realistic graphics and environments. Simply having a high resolution doesn't guarantee the graphics will be any good, especially if they have to make graphical sacrifices to keep newer games running on the same old hardware for 10 years.
Nov 4, 2012 1:48 PM

Sep 2011
PS3
Nov 4, 2012 1:52 PM

Feb 2008
NES-SNES-PS1-GBA-PS2-NDS-PS3

I own all of them except NES and PS3. Even though I own a 360, I prefer PS3 and plan on buying it once it's drops even lower lol, or find a cheap one.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 4, 2012 2:23 PM

Sep 2012
I use my Sony consoles most. Haven't touched my 360 in almost 2 years.
Nov 4, 2012 2:36 PM

Jun 2011
ZetaZaku said:
Even though I own a 360, I prefer PS3 and plan on buying it once it's drops even lower lol, or find a cheap one.

Same here. I was hoping the new model would be cheaper than the current slim, but apparently they're only releasing it as a bundle...
Nov 4, 2012 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
Best Buy had a WiiU set up.

Was kind of fun to play with.... Even with the giant controller from hell that I thought I'd simply hate.
Nov 5, 2012 12:41 AM

May 2009
DeWinter said:
Best Buy had a WiiU set up.

Was kind of fun to play with.... Even with the giant controller from hell that I thought I'd simply hate.

Ikr, it feels suprisingly comfortable, and it is very light, how did you do that Nintendo?? <_<
I don't think anyone needs the Pro controller after playing around with the gamepad.
Nov 5, 2012 2:00 AM

Aug 2010
I have owned every single Nintendo console, and I have also owned all three Sony consoles and an Xbox 360, and I can honestly say that Nintendo is my favourite. They are always trying new things, and I think that their First Party games are by far the best, although this generation a lot of the third party games have been terrible, but there have been some gems among the rubbish, like Xenoblade, Muramasa, Monster Hunter Tri to name a few.

So yeah, I guess Nintendo for me ^_^
Eyes always lose their fire

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
5 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
3 hours ago

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
7 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.