Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2012 4:14 PM

May 2011
whatever123456 said:
I3rawler said:
Yet another satisfactory episode, I like how this goes. Still, I keep wondering how is Kirito going to make it before the deadline - what kind of miracles will he do again, lol

Yeah, Sugou does make people hate him pretty well (which reminds me of Accel World's Noumi), but that just makes it even more satisfying when he gets what he asked for >:D Don't you agree?

Don't click :P

Oct 30, 2012 4:21 PM

Aug 2009
RockerXD said:
whatever123456 said:
I3rawler said:
Yet another satisfactory episode, I like how this goes. Still, I keep wondering how is Kirito going to make it before the deadline - what kind of miracles will he do again, lol

Yeah, Sugou does make people hate him pretty well (which reminds me of Accel World's Noumi), but that just makes it even more satisfying when he gets what he asked for >:D Don't you agree?

They dont need a reason to start the shit storms.It is SAO. Everything is full of flaws and bad writing....
ssjokgOct 30, 2012 4:31 PM
Oct 30, 2012 4:55 PM

May 2011
ssjokg said:
RockerXD said:
whatever123456 said:
I3rawler said:

They dont need a reason to start the shit storms.It is SAO. Everything is full of flaws and bad writing....

A sad truth, but 8 weeks till the biggest shit storm of all forums
Oct 30, 2012 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
Somewhat unrelated...but
Anyone else feeling the holiday spirit?
Although no one at my house can read this but I didn't care.
Oct 30, 2012 7:59 PM

Dec 2009
Cant wait for the next episode!
Oct 30, 2012 8:52 PM
Oct 2012
RockerXD said:

Oh come on the ending isn't anywhere near as bad as what's about to happen in the next episode or two.

At least the ending gets some sort of explanation. In fact I rather enjoyed the ending.
Wild09Oct 30, 2012 9:01 PM
Oct 30, 2012 10:04 PM

May 2011
Wild09 said:
RockerXD said:

Oh come on the ending isn't anywhere near as bad as what's about to happen in the next episode or two.

At least the ending gets some sort of explanation. In fact I rather enjoyed the ending.

Doesn't matter to some of the more hostile people, its gonna get torn apart real hard, i can just feel it
Oct 30, 2012 10:57 PM

Oct 2011
It's an okay episode but it wasn't that good than previous ones but atleast this is a transition to better parts.
Oct 30, 2012 11:44 PM

Oct 2012
Scrypt said:
Nidhoeggr said:
SephiriAzure said:
Scum..Scum..Scum...Sugou is Scum.

I actually want him to brainwash Asuna and marry her after killing Kirito. Just because Kirito and Asuna deserve to be treated like the shit characters they are.

you my friend need a hug...I've pretty much seen you participate in every SAO thread claiming how shit it is yet you keep coming back for more 17 episodes later! now trying to find a term for what we call those types(tsundere?)

It's best just to ignore the scum and leave him with his boku no pico.
Oct 31, 2012 5:55 AM

Apr 2009
RockerXD said:
Wild09 said:
RockerXD said:

Doesn't matter to some of the more hostile people, its gonna get torn apart real hard, i can just feel it

You actually made me excited...

vbyo said:

It's best just to ignore the scum and leave him with his boku no pico.

I'm scum because I would like to see some (darker) plot twists? And you know what: I think I'll watch Boku No Pico right now. It's possible that the romance aspect there is better handled than in SAO. Time for an experiment!

Edit: I actually watched BnP and the sad thing is...SAO's romance looks more forced than that.
NidhoeggrOct 31, 2012 8:09 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 31, 2012 10:36 AM

Jul 2012
At the beginning I thought it will be a normal episode in which Kirito decides to save Asuna, but when Sugou said that he can manipulate memories of players I was terrified. I'm still worried about that Kirito and Asuna will lose their real memories.
I don't want to cry like after 14 episode, so I hope that Kirito will save Asuna.
Oct 31, 2012 6:13 PM

Oct 2012
Wild09 said:
RockerXD said:

Is it that bad or ? I'm sort of confused how ur spoiler is a huge deal ?
Oct 31, 2012 6:31 PM

Sep 2009
vbyo said:

Is it that bad or ? I'm sort of confused how ur spoiler is a huge deal ?

Even if it is not bad it is still a spoiler as that goes beyond the episode this thread is about. If you read the first post in the thread you will know.

Also, about your avatar....I don't like her hair, never have, never will, but that is my opinion lol.

Oct 31, 2012 9:00 PM

Jan 2011
Now i start to see this anime as a kind of Legend of Zelda. You know, elves, and a "princess" being held by an evil guy :P
Oct 31, 2012 9:45 PM

Oct 2012
Galarn said:
Now i start to see this anime as a kind of Legend of Zelda. You know, elves, and a "princess" being held by an evil guy :P

Hahah that actually makes a lot of sense <.< but this evil guy is just a jerk and a pedophile
Nov 1, 2012 4:14 AM

Apr 2009
vbyo said:
Galarn said:

Hahah that actually makes a lot of sense <.< but this evil guy is just a jerk and a pedophile

No, he is the hero this anime needs.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 1, 2012 5:24 PM

Jan 2012
does sugu doesn't realize that kirito is her brother, kazuto? damn looks like this is gonna turn to be virtual incest LOL
Nov 1, 2012 5:28 PM

Jul 2012
fanks_177 said:
does sugu doesn't realize that kirito is her brother, kazuto? damn looks like this is gonna turn to be virtual incest LOL

No apparently, all their faces and voices are different inside the game.
Nov 1, 2012 5:56 PM

Jun 2009
This arc has been extremely underwhelming for me. The sudden inclusions of psuedo-incest and rape don't really entertain me at all. At least not in the manner they seem to be being handled thus far.

This villain's plan is also not very interesting or plausible to me.
The transition to ALO was a bit sloppy, and hard to believe. All it does is bring up more questions and there isn't enough of a story or characters for me to look past a lot of it.

I have one foot over the fence on this one. If this current arc is an indication of the kind of progression and logic that I can expect... then I don't really know if I care to continue.

I can definitely see what people like about the show, and I can't fault them in any way. It just isn't quite what I want. Cheers!

Score: 2/5
Nov 1, 2012 6:00 PM

Jul 2008
Enjoying this anime, friend of mine hates the romance, i enjoy it. Can't wait for the next episode. Although its wierd howd his sis has feelings for him ( Although not to clear what kind). Each their own i guess.
Nov 1, 2012 7:39 PM

Jul 2008
MikedyMike said:
This arc has been extremely underwhelming for me. The sudden inclusions of psuedo-incest and rape don't really entertain me at all. At least not in the manner they seem to be being handled thus far.

The transition to ALO was a bit sloppy, and hard to believe. All it does is bring up more questions and there isn't enough of a story or characters for me to look past a lot of it.

I have one foot over the fence on this one. If this current arc is an indication of the kind of progression and logic that I can expect... then I don't really know if I care to continue.

I can definitely see what people like about the show, and I can't fault them in any way. It just isn't quite what I want. Cheers!

Care to explain what you think isn't logical rather than just say that it isn't for no reason whatsoever?
Nov 1, 2012 8:41 PM
Aug 2012
KuroNoKenshi said:
MikedyMike said:

Care to explain what you think isn't logical rather than just say that it isn't for no reason whatsoever?

He didn't imply it wasn't illogical, but that there was none.

This is SAO logic.

Kirito ALWAYS wins, every girl likes him, and he is instantly good at any game he plays.

He ALWAYS beats the bad guy, and cheesy dialogue is used to pass off characterization as development.

THAT is the logic he is talking about.
Nov 2, 2012 2:05 AM

Jul 2010
Ahhh, too much NTR! Can't wait for this creeper to meet his horrible end. I'm glad Asuna still remembers Kirito though. I half expected that guy to have altered her memories already.

Nov 2, 2012 5:05 AM

Sep 2010
Onyxthegreat said:
Ahhh, too much NTR!

Yeah, and it was interesting to see how they made Suguha play along with the game part of the story too. Makes the love triangle/NTR/whatever even more interesting to see.
Apart from that I didn't really find this arc interesting, but it doesn't seem to be directed like that.
Nov 2, 2012 5:12 AM

Sep 2012
Romance in SAO almost as good as TITANIC.
Nov 2, 2012 5:21 AM

Oct 2012
The_Philipino said:
Enjoying this anime, friend of mine hates the romance, i enjoy it. Can't wait for the next episode. Although its wierd howd his sis has feelings for him ( Although not to clear what kind). Each their own i guess.

She is his cousin :P
Nov 2, 2012 6:46 AM
Nov 2012
vbyo said:
The_Philipino said:

Isnt it still same blood?
Nov 2, 2012 6:47 AM
Jul 2012
Ironi_EGOIST said:

ohh my sides
Nov 2, 2012 7:36 AM

Oct 2012
Ironi_EGOIST said:
this
Nov 2, 2012 8:18 AM

Jun 2009
Erm... From the first post regarding Titania and Erza (from Fairy Tail) reference, it's more of a reference from Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream. The fairy king Oberon and queen Titania and the rest. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Midsummer_Night%27s_Dream
Click him so that he will grow to learn that he is actually a she!
Nov 2, 2012 9:44 AM

Sep 2012
kpk10 said:
vbyo said:
The_Philipino said:

Of course it is. But this kind of incest is legally accepted in many countries. For some reason, the anime community is really fond of this kind of relationship.
Nov 2, 2012 9:57 AM
Jul 2012
K-Minna-san said:
Ironi_EGOIST said:
Indeed

oh god im dying
Nov 2, 2012 10:40 AM
Oct 2012
SetsukoHara said:
kpk10 said:
vbyo said:
The_Philipino said:

Of course it is. But this kind of incest is legally accepted in many countries. For some reason, the anime community is really fond of this kind of relationship.

To further your point: Marriage between cousins is legal and not uncommon in Japan. So to the Japanese this most certainly isn't incest. It occurs more in rural areas than urban areas because of the need to keep property within the family, but there are plenty of cases of love marriages as well. People shouldn't confuse their own culture for universal norms.
Nov 2, 2012 2:06 PM
Aug 2012
Ironi_EGOIST said:
Nov 2, 2012 6:53 PM

Jun 2009
Dessiato said:
KuroNoKenshi said:
MikedyMike said:

This is SAO logic.

Kirito ALWAYS wins, every girl likes him, and he is instantly good at any game he plays.

He ALWAYS beats the bad guy, and cheesy dialogue is used to pass off characterization as development.

Pretty much, yes. There isn't a logical progression to events a lot of the time, and it is irksome. I actually enjoyed most of the first arc up until it just abruptly ended with pretty much no warning.

It isn't like I am saying it is pure crap. I am just saying it doesn't bother to apply logic to the progression of it's story. All I have is questions about almost every single thing, and that detracts from my enjoyment of the show.

Also, I like norse mythology... and when I heard Alfheim I was excited, and then they called it the 'Land of Faeries' and my heart almost dropped out of my chest.
Nov 2, 2012 7:36 PM

Mar 2012
MikedyMike said:
Dessiato said:
KuroNoKenshi said:
MikedyMike said:

This is SAO logic.

Pretty much, yes. There isn't a logical progression to events a lot of the time, and it is irksome. I actually enjoyed most of the first arc up until it just abruptly ended with pretty much no warning.

It isn't like I am saying it is pure crap. I am just saying it doesn't bother to apply logic to the progression of it's story. All I have is questions about almost every single thing, and that detracts from my enjoyment of the show.

Also, I like norse mythology... and when I heard Alfheim I was excited, and then they called it the 'Land of Faeries' and my heart almost dropped out of my chest.

You know... you can't expect ALFheim without faeries or elves.
Nov 3, 2012 6:54 AM
Oct 2012
KaiKatsuya said:
MikedyMike said:
Dessiato said:
KuroNoKenshi said:
MikedyMike said:

This is SAO logic.

You know... you can't expect ALFheim without faeries or elves.

Kai you know Mike's comments show even greater ignorance: in Norse Mythology Alfheim literally meant "land of the elves" as opposed to Asgard where the gods lived, Midgard where humans lived, and Joutenheim where the giants (Jouten) lived. His disappointment is like saying he was disappointed when he went to France because there were so many French there.

The other arguments they make are equally illogical (you can always tell the fault of argument by what they accuse their opponents of doing).

Kirito always wins: of course he won. In SAO if he lost he would die. In Alfhelm he should easily win because he still has his SAO skill levels that he spent 2 years risking his life to earn. Since Alfhelm has only been around a year, Kirito should be twice as good as the best Alfhelm player.

Kirito always gets the girl. Nope. There are at least two he didn't get: see episodes 10-11. So for all the complaining about his "Getting the girls" there are a grand total so far of 4, one of whom he lived with all his life, the other two he risked his life to save theirs, and Asuna, who is the only girl he wants to be with (which is why this isn't a harem).

SAO isn't illogical or lacking logic, Kawahara is fairly logical. There are a couple of things I think he missed, sacrificing internal logic for a cool scene, but to date everyone who has complained has only complained about things that either Kawahara explained, or was inferred so that a little thought explains the situation. Which is what is so annoying about the complaints: there are things in SAO worth complaining about, but when it boils down to it, the real complaint of these people is that the show is not dumb enough for them.

As for the "cheesy dialog", what are you expecting War and Peace? This was originally a web-based novel by a beginning writer, of course the dialog will lack, but overall the story covers this more than enough, besides I have seen far worse writing being published.
Nov 3, 2012 7:16 AM

Sep 2012
@Takuan_Soho,

Very well said, and I particularly like the following you said:

Which is what is so annoying about the complaints: there are things in SAO worth complaining about, but when it boils down to it, the real complaint of these people is that the show is not dumb enough for them.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 3, 2012 7:23 AM

Aug 2009
symbv said:
@Takuan_Soho,

Which is what is so annoying about the complaints: there are things in SAO worth complaining about, but when it boils down to it, the real complaint of these people is that the show is not dumb enough for them.
I havent read anyone complaining about Kirito being transferred near to Lyfa/Sylph's territory instead of his staring city yet...I guess that was normal for them..We had no explanation yet
Nov 3, 2012 7:27 AM
Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
symbv said:
@Takuan_Soho,

I havent read anyone complaining about Kirito being transferred near to Lyfa/Sylph's territory instead of his staring city yet...I guess that was normal for them..We had no explanation yet

I think i saw a complaint like that earlier in the pages but im not going to look through over 23 pages to find it.

I did wonder that, but I honestly do not care.
Nov 3, 2012 7:32 AM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
symbv said:
@Takuan_Soho,

i dont thunk its even necessary to even need to explain it, you already know that kirito's avatar was bugging out because of being combined with his old one, so when lyfa had logged in the same time as him, it caused him to be transported halfway between the starting city and lyfa's location

what takuen says is the truth, there are problems with SAO but not the problems most trolls and haters complain about

but i get the feeling this is going to start another one of those pointless "wars"
Nov 3, 2012 7:40 AM
Oct 2012
JavierR said:
ssjokg said:

I think i saw a complaint like that earlier in the pages but im not going to look through over 23 pages to find it.

I did wonder that, but I honestly do not care.

I have to confess, I really hate the over reliance on coincidence in works, it makes me think that the author didn't do his job in both plotting and writing. That said, one of the things I like about SAO is that Kawahara does do a fairly good job at explaining these things so that the reader goes, okay, now that makes sense.

This is a perfect example: it is explained later in the novel, and probably will be explained later in the animation, and the rational is perfectly legitimate and indeed if such a game did exist probably should be this way. I'll put it in a spoiler for those who really don't want to wait and since it isn't a major give away and as I said it shows the thought Kawahara put into this work.

Nov 3, 2012 8:54 AM

Mar 2011
At last an anime where the lead doesn't start out as a useless spaghetti-o and ends up like Optimus Prime. I've longed for an anime that starts out with a strong lead character, instead of the useless piece of shit I get served in literally any other anime.
Stop complaining and watch something else instead. Before you do though, let me predict your next anime: It includes teenagers and high-school is involved in some way. The lead will start out as a piece of trash, but will end up like Mohammed Ali with babes ready to tattoo the other part of his face.
Good riddance.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Nov 4, 2012 12:43 PM

Jul 2012
Treekodar said:
At last an anime where the lead doesn't start out as a useless spaghetti-o and ends up like Optimus Prime. I've longed for an anime that starts out with a strong lead character, instead of the useless piece of shit I get served in literally any other anime.
Stop complaining and watch something else instead. Before you do though, let me predict your next anime: It includes teenagers and high-school is involved in some way. The lead will start out as a piece of trash, but will end up like Mohammed Ali with babes ready to tattoo the other part of his face.
Good riddance.

But you just described SAO. Kirito at the very beginning was a noob and then we get a time skip and he is Jesus in the game. lolz. He will beat all the bad guys and get all the harem bait.
Nov 4, 2012 12:50 PM
Oct 2012
meepsheep said:
But you just described SAO. Kirito at the very beginning was a noob and then we get a time skip and he is Jesus in the game. lolz. He will beat all the bad guys and get all the harem bait.

Nope, at the beginning of the game, Kirito was one of the best (if not the best) beta tester, so it is only natural that he would end up becoming one of the top players in the actual game. He had a head start in understanding how to level up.

There is also the point that at the beginning of the game Kirito abandoned his friend in order to get a head start on leveling up. So, he literally traded his soul for power.

Kirito may have been a noob in real life, but his passion for VR games would be hard to match and explains why he can become great in any game he plays. He wants it more.
Nov 4, 2012 1:22 PM
Oct 2012
meepsheep said:
Treekodar said:
Good riddance.

Why do you even post if you have no idea what you are talking about? Oh right, I'm on MAL.
Nov 4, 2012 6:01 PM

Jul 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
meepsheep said:

Nope, at the beginning of the game, Kirito was one of the best (if not the best) beta tester, so it is only natural that he would end up becoming one of the top players in the actual game. He had a head start in understanding how to level up.

There is also the point that at the beginning of the game Kirito abandoned his friend in order to get a head start on leveling up. So, he literally traded his soul for power.

Kirito may have been a noob in real life, but his passion for VR games would be hard to match and explains why he can become great in any game he plays. He wants it more.

No, like the very very very beginning before he was a beta tester. The first time he played :p You can't be good at something when you first do it.
Nov 4, 2012 6:14 PM
Oct 2012
meepsheep said:
No, like the very very very beginning before he was a beta tester. The first time he played :p You can't be good at something when you first do it.

Uhm, er, humm..... You know if you go far enough back, even Superman and Green Lantern and hell even Donovan weren't strong at the beginning. So your point is irrelevant, it can be made of anyone.

It all depends when the series (or novels) start. From the beginning it is clear that Kirito was one of the strongest players in SAO, so no this doesn't fall into your traditional leveling up story. In the LN this is even more clear, it starts with Kirito battling solo on the 74th level.

Listen, I know you don't like SAO. It's understandable with you being a female. I get it, I really do. But you really need to stop projecting things that aren't there, it weakens the valid arguments you could be making.
Nov 4, 2012 6:44 PM

Jul 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Listen, I know you don't like SAO. It's understandable with you being a female. I get it, I really do. But you really need to stop projecting things that aren't there, it weakens the valid arguments you could be making.

Might be a bit irrelevant but...W-W-Wait, now you're saying that females can't like SAO? So far, all the females I know IRL like it, maybe minus myself, and only some guys :P

I still stand by my point. No one was technically strong from the start.
Nov 4, 2012 7:07 PM

Apr 2012
It's understandable with you being a female.

Playing the gender card eh?

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore?

Hango-Man - 9 hours ago

13 by Buny0058 »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Apr 26, 4:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.