Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you won't watch for the stupidest reasons.

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2012 10:44 PM
Aug 2012
For me it's mostly animation style. There was this one anime with supposedly the "highest quality" animation ever since it was completely hand drawn. Watched it for 3 minutes, complete crap.
Oct 20, 2012 10:44 PM
Apr 2012
I don't watch anime about cute girls doing cute things (Azumanga, Lucky Star, K-On!) because I usually find such shows boring.
Oct 20, 2012 10:45 PM
Oct 2012
I won't watch any of the Big 3 because they're too overrated :P
Oct 21, 2012 1:43 AM

Aug 2012
iLuvsPineapples said:
Oh shit, we got ourselves a hipster.
Oct 21, 2012 2:27 AM

Mar 2009
I usually don't avoid an anime because of stupid reasons. Wow, some reasons here are really dumb, lol. I guess that I won't watch any more of Hitman Reborn because of the weird chibi baby things and their horrible voices might be considered a stupid reason by some. But I think it's a good reason.

I used to not watch sports anime because I don't like sports in real life. Then one day I realised how retarded I was being and tried some. Now Major and Big Windup are some of my all time favourite anime. All ye anti-sport people, suck it up and watch Major. Do it now.
Oct 21, 2012 2:36 AM

May 2010
I just can't tolerate anime full of chibi girls.
Dropped Lucky Star because that anime was full of girls and that also chibi...

Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain because life's greatest lessons are learned through pain.
- Pain
Oct 21, 2012 2:38 AM

Mar 2012
I dropped xxxHolic because of their annoying legs.
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG : http://shiizumi.wordpress.com/
Oct 21, 2012 2:47 AM

Apr 2012
Fairy Tail because they added in the magic circle things when they cast magic. Not only that I feel like they made it SLIGHTLY more childlike than the manga. That was off-putting so I stuck to the manga.
Oct 21, 2012 5:16 PM

Jul 2012
evensteam said:
There was this one anime with supposedly the "highest quality" animation ever since it was completely hand drawn.

What was it? Tell me more.
Oct 21, 2012 5:41 PM

Jul 2011
meepsheep said:
evensteam said:
There was this one anime with supposedly the "highest quality" animation ever since it was completely hand drawn.

What was it? Tell me more.

Redline ?
Oct 21, 2012 5:59 PM

Oct 2012
Code Geass because of the mechas =S
Oct 21, 2012 6:09 PM
Jul 2012
Cowboy belop
Oct 21, 2012 6:10 PM
Jul 2012
TheSmickey said:
iLuvsPineapples said:
Oh shit, we got ourselves a hipster.

Hipster alert!
Oct 21, 2012 8:03 PM

Oct 2012
Most of these points were already brought up earlier in this thread. For me, I won't watch series that are 100+ in episodes such as Naruto. That's not to say I won't ever watch such shows later, but generally, I want to be done with a series in a week or less so that I can move onto another series fairly quickly because I just love being immersed into so many of what the anime realm has to offer without feeling stuck or obligated to finish a long drawn out series if I start one.
Also, fear of facing a multitude of filler episodes puts me astray from long series.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Oct 21, 2012 8:38 PM

Oct 2012
I used to never watch any non-english dub anime, because I thought that the voices were annoying, but that was the old me. I was ignorant and considered "bacon" or "whitewashed" those days.
Oct 22, 2012 1:05 AM

Oct 2011
I won't watch Steins;Gate because the anime club at my college went wild for it and I can't stand those people.
Oct 22, 2012 1:17 AM

Jun 2012
I Can't even spell or watch Raxeshitnon for ripping-off Neon Genesis Evangelion, plus is just stupid ass fuck.
Oct 22, 2012 1:25 AM

Jul 2011
I had refused to watch Fate/Zero because I liked Fate/Stay Night so much. I knew it was popular and people loved it but I couldn't imagine it without the Shiro, Saber love. Heck, I couldn't imagine a world without the purple haired sexy Rider or the super awsome Archer. :)
I came around eventualy and it turns out it was great.
Oct 22, 2012 2:28 AM
Mar 2011
Fate/zero because episode 1 was long
Oct 22, 2012 2:53 AM

Apr 2011
Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu - i felt it was stupid. I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes of the second episode and was half asleep in the first.

Durarara! - the name is f*cking annoying. But this was before, I'm watching it now.

Other than that, there is nothing really. I'm a pretty open minded guy, will try anything (except for Yaoi, I'm not gay) and see if it is good for myself.
Oct 22, 2012 3:31 AM
Aug 2011
Hunter x Hunter because Togashi cancelled YuYu Hakusho.

and because I feel that it will one day end up the same or go on like a 20 year hiatus.
Oct 22, 2012 3:40 AM

Jan 2012
Naruto, I don't like the character design of Naruto himself. I'll probably watch it anyway but years from now
Oct 22, 2012 3:48 AM

Mar 2012
I won't watch LOGH, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho or Monster because, well, they're too long. I love the premise of the shows and I can see myself really enjoying them but I don't have enough time to watch them. I'd sooner watch a 12 episode moe show. The fact that I've watched all of A-Channel but none of these shows makes me feel incredibly sad. I will watch them eventually but I really don't have the time to be watching such long shows at the moment.

My brother says that he won't watch Sword Art Online because of the name. Not because of the plot holes and pacing issues, but because he doesn't like the name. He's not missing out on much but I just feel that his reasoning is stupid.

Danielcook said:
I used to never watch any non-english dub anime, because I thought that the voices were annoying, but that was the old me. I was ignorant and considered "bacon" or "whitewashed" those days.

Glad you saw the light, brother
Oct 22, 2012 3:57 AM

Nov 2011
Campione! - I liked the first episode for the most part but when I went to watch the second episode the main girl's actions to the main guy was a complete 180 and I found that annoying.
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de: Hachiyou Shou - Felt like a rip off of Fushigi Yuugi.
Phi Brain - The show doesn't give me the chance to solve the problem before the main character.
Uta no☆Prince-sama - Their eyes are so creepy.
Oct 22, 2012 4:11 AM

Oct 2012
I can't watch Naruto .. I just can't get over the fact I remember my 11 year old brother watching it in the mornings on kids channels .. xD

@Olwen Steins;gate is .. a really good anime, while I'm sure your reasons are valid, Its definitely worth a watch though, although I found it to be really dragged out .. and did not expect a teary-eyed moment in it, its not the best but its fairly good.
Oct 22, 2012 4:58 AM

May 2010
I wont watch Haruhi cause she sucks
Oct 22, 2012 5:01 AM

Mar 2012
I try to stay away from Madoka because the faces are so wide...
I can't watch Fairy Tail because I don't like Gray.
they dont have an eyepatch??
Oct 22, 2012 5:10 AM

Apr 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Hunter x Hunter because Togashi cancelled YuYu Hakusho.

and because I feel that it will one day end up the same or go on like a 20 year hiatus.

dude, it already is.
Oct 22, 2012 7:19 AM

Sep 2012
I can't watch Clannad because of the character's eyes.
Nov 14, 2012 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
One Piece, because my friend kept telling me how good it was and then I saw some of it and it didn't live up to my expectations =/

Same thing for Gintama

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 14, 2012 11:59 AM
Oct 2012
SetsukoHara said:

Dude, that's the same exact reason why I haven't watched it. I watched clannad + after story recently and I will assure you. You will get used to the art style, and you will tear up or cry. It's completely heartbreaking and I have never felt that type of depression since the time I watched 5 cm per second
Nov 14, 2012 12:02 PM

Dec 2011
I dropped Nyaruko san because of Mahiro.
Nov 14, 2012 12:02 PM

Jun 2010
Naruto. Back in the day, on Toonami, DBZ was the biggest thing. I loved DBZ. But once it was all over, it had to be replaced... by ninjas. When I was a kid to me nothing could replace DBZ, so I decided that I would never watch Naruto.
Nov 14, 2012 12:04 PM
Jul 2012
still not watching code geass or death note. ive been spoilered to death every turn i run into another spoiler
Nov 14, 2012 12:09 PM

Mar 2010
I won't watch Toradora because main chick is a tsundere :)
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Nov 14, 2012 12:49 PM
Jun 2012
9993939 said:
SetsukoHara said:

Dude, that's the same exact reason why I haven't watched it. I watched clannad + after story recently and I will assure you. You will get used to the art style, and you will tear up or cry. It's completely heartbreaking and I have never felt that type of depression since the time I watched 5 cm per second

^Listen to this person.
Nov 14, 2012 1:26 PM

Nov 2012
Clannad. My ex-girlfriend , who's supposed to be a badass sadist metalhead chick , cried while watching it.

I can't afford to watch emotional stuff out of ego. Stupid illness I suffer from.
Nov 14, 2012 1:46 PM
Aug 2010
Create said:

+ 1 for Madoka

And I just can't make myself finish Stein's Gate because of two main devices for time travel: microwave and mobile phone, it's just kinda idiotic.
Nov 14, 2012 1:55 PM

Sep 2010
Entrancemperor said:
Create said:

+ 1 for Madoka

And I just can't make myself finish Stein's Gate because of two main devices for time travel: microwave and mobile phone, it's just kinda idiotic.

Scifi is gonna scifi...

Nov 14, 2012 1:57 PM

Oct 2012
Entrancemperor said:

Okay well, while I couldn't explain why/how a microwave would be a time travel device, I'd say the cell phone part makes sense once you watch it. You have high ratings on your list, so I'd say you'll add this to your list too with a 8-10 :)

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 14, 2012 1:59 PM

May 2012
One Piece.

Because i dont like the artstyle.

Also, it's way too long!
Nov 14, 2012 2:02 PM

Jun 2012
I'm not going to watch Queen's Blade because the characters don't seem to be aware of how exposed they are most of the time. When you're showing skin that much you might as well make it a hentai except this anime isn't a hentai.

Granted I've only watched 5 minutes of the first episode but that's enough to tell me "No."
Nov 14, 2012 2:06 PM
Jul 2012
IcecreamManwich said:
One Piece.

Also, it's way too long!

This
Nov 14, 2012 2:10 PM
Feb 2012
JavierR said:
still not watching code geass or death note. ive been spoilered to death every turn i run into another spoiler

Oh damn, this is why DN turned out like shit for me compared to CG.
Nov 14, 2012 2:17 PM

Apr 2011
Peralyia said:
IcecreamManwich said:
One Piece.

Also, it's way too long!

+1. Also, I don't find the plot to be too interesting.

Guise Guise, calm your horses. The fact that One Piece is long is a good thing.
Nov 14, 2012 2:18 PM

Sep 2010
Resurrected said:
I'm not going to watch Queen's Blade because the characters don't seem to be aware of how exposed they are most of the time. When you're showing skin that much you might as well make it a hentai except this anime isn't a hentai.

Granted I've only watched 5 minutes of the first episode but that's enough to tell me "No."

That's kind of stupid as the characters are very aware of how much they are showing either on purpose or by accident. A couple of characters get ashamed/embarrassed while most don't give a shit. It's kind of like a sporting event or beauty pageant when the participants wear skimpy outfits, it's part of the process. The viewers typically don't obsess over it because they expect it.

Nov 14, 2012 2:19 PM

Jul 2010
sagdashin said:
Peralyia said:
IcecreamManwich said:
One Piece.

Also, it's way too long!

+1. Also, I don't find the plot to be too interesting.

Guise Guise, calm your horses. The fact that One Piece is long is a good thing.

Unfortunately, not when you have limited internet usage.
Nov 14, 2012 2:21 PM

Sep 2010
Peralyia said:

Then put the blame where it should be. The fact that someone has limited internet usage is the bad thing and the length of OP is completely unrelated as I highly doubt Oda is making OP long just to spite those that have limited internet access.

Nov 14, 2012 2:25 PM
Oct 2010
I don't watch any show that has open ended tendencies.
Nov 14, 2012 2:55 PM

Sep 2010
Peralyia said:
Anime_Name said:
Peralyia said:

Then put the blame where it should be. The fact that someone has limited internet usage is the bad thing and the length of OP is completely unrelated as I highly doubt Oda is making OP long just to spite those that have limited internet access.

I think you misunderstand. The reason I don't watch OP is due to the art style + length + plot. They don't appeal to me. I replied that it isn't a good thing that an anime is long if you have limited internet usage.

Good thing this is the stupid reasons topic then.

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

14 by billybub »»
16 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 1 hour ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

59 by SuperAdventure »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

54 by L1feHasNoMeaning »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

87 by Punkero »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.