Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 27, 2008 11:41 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:34 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 28, 2008 9:03 AM

Feb 2008
i think the translation means something like
"of course... it's scary."
"do not say such a thing with a laughter"
miyamiya iz back :DDD

Oct 28, 2008 4:31 PM

Jan 2008
HIRO AND MIYAKOOOOOO <333333

edit after squealing with excitement for a while;

Yeah Miyako really made the last season for me. She is by far the best ef character. Plus she and Hiro are just so goddamn adorable together. He is by far the best ef boy.

MIZUKIXKUZE DO NOT WANT

MIZUKI IS TOO COOL FOR HIM
MedliSageOct 30, 2008 4:49 PM

Oct 28, 2008 6:06 PM
Oct 2008
Looks like the Subs may take a while this time... Why does this seies only have one reliable subber?
Oct 29, 2008 9:41 AM

Dec 2007
Ceptryn said:
Looks like the Subs may take a while this time... Why does this seies only have one reliable subber?

actually there are at least 3
just none that are speed subbing
Oct 29, 2008 12:12 PM

Apr 2008
Star wars reference lol.

Mizuki: Do the cross thing.
Yu: I'm not a priest.
M: I think it will suit you.
Yu: *does the tihng* May the force be with you.
M: Whats that?

Jokes aside, the ending took a bit of a turn. Did a very quick, rough TL of the last few lines.

Oct 31, 2008 4:08 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm nice, Hiro + MiyaMiya return ! And I like the character of Nagi more and more but I didn't even understood until this episode that she was Hiro's sister (should have though since they have the same family name and it's so common to have the whole brotherhood as main characters in ef). Seems like she will have the bad role in the end though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 31, 2008 6:49 PM

Mar 2008
Miyamiya and Hirohiro returns. Gotta love them <3

most enjoyable part is probably the part miyako and Hiro, Mizuki lap-pillowing kuze and Kuze circling his day of death. FEB 24
Oct 31, 2008 8:01 PM

Oct 2007
Pretty good episode; there's a couple scenes that just make you smile with the downpour of tears looming overhead. I really don't know what to make of Kuze. Is it really ok to give up on life knowing death awaits in the next week or the next month? Yes, he doesn't want anyone to be sad, he doesn't want to break anyone's heart when he dies, but is that ok? To die and not have anyone acknowledge or cry over your death, it just sounds too lonely and too sad.
Oct 31, 2008 8:10 PM

Jul 2008
AegisReborn said:
Pretty good episode; there's a couple scenes that just make you smile with the downpour of tears looming overhead. I really don't know what to make of Kuze. Is it really ok to give up on life knowing death awaits in the next week or the next month? Yes, he doesn't want anyone to be sad, he doesn't want to break anyone's heart when he dies, but is that ok? To die and not have anyone acknowledge or cry over your death, it just sounds too lonely and too sad.

When I though about it I guess I can relate to Kuze. I was pissed at him simply because myself would know the pain he may inflict with his death. Pretty much I also am like that. I only stay with my family and all cause I don't want to cause that pain that when death takes me that I have conscious that they will not mourn for me but instead wonder what happened to me or where have I gone to.

Kuze already told Mizuki through Chihiro's diary what is the problem with him. So he cannot do what I have suggested above BUT in the end we can only watch his choice. This being said we can only hope Mizuki can make it somehow another thing I would suggest is double suicide but THAT IS NEVER A SOLUTION. Take from someone who tried it.

THE SITUATION GETS COMPLICATED!

M_A said:
angel, reading your posts hurts my brain.

this episode had more crazy imagery than usual, admittedly the clock gears inside kuze in the beginning of the episode were a clever touch. i didnt get it at first but then realised that it's supposed to reflect the fact that he doesn't have much time left.

Sorry dude but I LOVE ANALYZING ANIME! It's my passion!

angel999Nov 1, 2008 5:34 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 31, 2008 10:09 PM

Apr 2007
godamn, I love this series

amazing episode, kuze is such an interesting char. loved the ending. and yeah, star wars reference, I lol'd. XD
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Nov 1, 2008 12:24 AM

May 2008
lol on 'may the force be with you'
man when kuze and mizuki kissed i was like what and then at the end when he told her to stay away i was like whhhhhaaaaatttt again
i wanna see the next episode now i wanna know what mizuki is gonna do?????????!!!!!!!!
Nov 1, 2008 12:39 AM

Jun 2007
Was pretty good. I like how they're showing old characters with every new episode.
Nov 1, 2008 1:46 AM

Mar 2008
Wish this was a 24 episode series not 12 :(
Nov 1, 2008 2:30 AM

Mar 2008
angel, reading your posts hurts my brain.

this episode had more crazy imagery than usual, admittedly the clock gears inside kuze in the beginning of the episode were a clever touch. i didnt get it at first but then realised that it's supposed to reflect the fact that he doesn't have much time left.
Nov 1, 2008 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
was it just me or did the opening of this ep have more color than the other eps?
Nov 1, 2008 3:35 AM

Aug 2007
Yes, his time is ticking away and now he even put down the day of the day that he'll die.

Great episode once again. Loved the scene where Kuze was lying on Mizuki's lap and the ''sun showers''. Especially the sentence ''It could have been me, drooling'' made me laugh. Next to that it's pretty sad again. I don't really see what's Hiro exactly got to do with the two couples, but then again, Nagi is his sister. The Mizuki x Kuze thing really reminds me of Renji and Chihiro, but now reversed.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Nov 1, 2008 6:15 AM

Jan 2008
Also:
angel999 said:
Hiro ON TOP OF THAT HAS NAGI VISITING HIM! Surprised she actually lives in the same place or at least use the shower there! O_O Talk about something in a small place like that. Leaves suggestions but most surprising is how Miyako how she reacted. NO JEALOUSY!
I think she was calm because

1. She's officially dating Hiro now and has no fear of losing him to anyone
2. I'm pretty sure they're related, since her full name is Nagi Hirono.

Nov 1, 2008 7:09 AM

Jul 2008
MedliSage said:
Also:
angel999 said:
Hiro ON TOP OF THAT HAS NAGI VISITING HIM! Surprised she actually lives in the same place or at least use the shower there! O_O Talk about something in a small place like that. Leaves suggestions but most surprising is how Miyako how she reacted. NO JEALOUSY!

Yeah I know I was teasing a bit. At least my point is SHE MATURED! Also since I just saw subs.....she mentions no fear of losing something. SO YEAH SHE MATURED! That's good I found her less annoying than last season.
Nov 1, 2008 7:34 AM

Mar 2008
"May the force be with you" LOL.

It didn't feel like that much progress was made in this episode in regards to the plot, despite the fact that there was. The visuals are still top notch and still spooky and surreal. XD
Nov 1, 2008 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
Another great episode
glad they told us about more about Himura past
too bad there wasn't more Yuuko
Nov 1, 2008 10:33 AM

Jan 2008
Anyway, I'm watching the episode right now... I think Kuze's feelings for Mizuki are fake. I mean I just saw the part where they kiss and she's all in color but he's black... or maybe I'm reading too much out of this. Or maybe I just really hate Kuze.

Also MIYAMIYAMIYAMIYAMIYAMIYA MIYAAAAAAAAKOO <3333333333333
angel999 said:
MedliSage said:
Also:
angel999 said:

Yeah I know I was teasing a bit. At least my point is SHE MATURED! Also since I just saw subs.....she mentions no fear of losing something. SO YEAH SHE MATURED! That's good I found her less annoying than last season.
Oh okay. xD Sorry, couldn't tell.
acejem said:
was it just me or did the opening of this ep have more color than the other eps?
Oh, plenty more. Several things were colored in the OP that weren't before.
MedliSageNov 1, 2008 10:57 AM

Nov 1, 2008 1:29 PM

Aug 2007
So Himura is actually a Jedi. I never would have guessed.
Nov 1, 2008 2:02 PM

Jun 2008
^ I would have guessed : D

Why do so many people hate Kuze? :(
Nov 1, 2008 2:25 PM

Jan 2008
If anyone's interested I'm attempting to translate the German in the opening.

Here's what I got so far... please note that were the ?? are I couldn't read the whole text therefore did not translate it. Also it may not (and probably isn't) 100% accurate. I attempted to specify where the text is but if it's not enough just ask and I'll clarify. I put a ? where I was unsure of how to translate. There's one slash where I had to put two lines together (meaning in the op, they were seperate lines, but I had to put them together to make a full sentence) and two slashes indicates where the German ends and the English translation begins.

Will be edited with more until I'm done. It's in order from the beginning of the OP to the end. Also, I'm only translating the text that can be seen in full (basically, the text where I can see all of it or most of it, where it's not moving rapidly or mostly covered)
And that's basically all I can read. Hope at least someone found it interesting. :P

Also:
hirahira said:
I don't know about other people, but I hate him because of the way he treats Mizuki (I'm fairly certain his feelings are fake, whether he realizes it or not) and I don't think he takes her seriously. Plus he's being completely selfish, even if his death is near.
MedliSageNov 1, 2008 3:34 PM

Nov 1, 2008 6:09 PM

Dec 2007
Pretty good episode, I too am loving that they're having little bits about the couples from last season and showing where they are. Kuze putting on the mask and whatever kinda confused me, I don't really know what his goal would be and if it's to hurt Mizuki I don't know why he would intentionally. He marked the calender for February 24th but I don't know what months it's supposed to currently be, there is a shot of a calender in Hiro's room but the top of it was hidden. Oh well, all will come in time, the show's starting to get better but I don't know if it'll match last season.

#NBHNC
Nov 1, 2008 6:15 PM

Jul 2008
MedliSage said:
If anyone's interested I'm attempting to translate the German in the opening.

Here's what I got so far... please note that were the ?? are I couldn't read the whole text therefore did not translate it. Also it may not (and probably isn't) 100% accurate. I attempted to specify where the text is but if it's not enough just ask and I'll clarify. I put a ? where I was unsure of how to translate. There's one slash where I had to put two lines together (meaning in the op, they were seperate lines, but I had to put them together to make a full sentence) and two slashes indicates where the German ends and the English translation begins.

Will be edited with more until I'm done. It's in order from the beginning of the OP to the end. Also, I'm only translating the text that can be seen in full (basically, the text where I can see all of it or most of it, where it's not moving rapidly or mostly covered)
And that's basically all I can read. Hope at least someone found it interesting. :P

Also:
hirahira said:
I don't know about other people, but I hate him because of the way he treats Mizuki (I'm fairly certain his feelings are fake, whether he realizes it or not) and I don't think he takes her seriously. Plus he's being completely selfish, even if his death is near.

I WANT TO SAY PERSONALLY THANK YOU FOR THOSE COMMENTS OF YOURS! ^_^ I LEARNED MORE!

YEAH SOME IMPRESSION AS YOU OF KUZE but I can relate to him in real life.
Nov 1, 2008 6:26 PM
Oct 2008
i like this episode since hiro and miyako are back..^^
during the 1st season, i thought the place of hiro and renji are the same..>_<

i was shocked when mizuki kissed kuze-san..isn't it a bit fast??oh well..
kuze's laughter is somewhat creepy..

anyway, nagi has grown pretty and cool..but I don't like her when she's interfering with yuuko and yuu..
Nov 1, 2008 7:16 PM
Apr 2008
Wow, psychological series like these really interest me, I like it. :D
Another good episode, and I'm happy to welcome back Miyako into the series, my favorite character from the past season. But anyways, the way how I watch this series totally got ruined by my English classes because I have the tendency to analyze everything that goes on, ugh. But whatever, I'm enjoying it nonetheless.
Nov 1, 2008 9:32 PM

Jan 2008
Yay~ Another beautiful episode :)

Himura and Yuuko's story is progressing smoothly and I love the path it is taking. The way Yuuko got Himura to have lunch with her was so cute and I found it sweet that she thought it was a date. Haha, and it was even better when she got Himura to semi-admit to this being his first 'date' as well~ In addition - Himura learning that Amamiya's little sister also died in the earthquake was quite intruging. Moreover, seeing Himura's flashback of his experience in the earthquake was incredibly sad! *Sigh* His little sister was a sweetie too :(

As for Mizuki and Kuze's story... Hmm... people seem to have many differing opinions on this. I guess I would say that I some-what like them together. Well, when Kuze's around Mizuki - he's incredibly friendly and seems to care about her. But this of course was shown after the scene when he was laughing and placed that mask over his face which to me implied that he was going to be acting... Nonetheless, even though I believe Kuze is acting - I think he's doing it to be nice to Mizuki since she cares for him. And once finding out how much she cares for him - he has opted to part with her because he does not want to hurt her. For me, I have a love-hate relationship with Kuze.

As for Hiro and Miyako~ Haha, good to see them both back. Likewise, it's nice to see Nagi as well.

I can't wait for the next episode :)
I want more ef!~

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Nov 1, 2008 11:01 PM

Jul 2008
HappyPear said:
Wow, psychological series like these really interest me, I like it. :D
Another good episode, and I'm happy to welcome back Miyako into the series, my favorite character from the past season. But anyways, the way how I watch this series totally got ruined by my English classes because I have the tendency to analyze everything that goes on, ugh. But whatever, I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

I ANALYZE TOO YOU KNOW! Check my posts and you will get. Of course these are my impressions.
Nov 2, 2008 1:17 AM
Dec 2007
the calendar in hiro's room is december 2008, based on the position and number of the days. if that's accurate to the current time in the story, I have no clue.
Nov 2, 2008 11:24 AM

Oct 2007
MedliSage said:
hirahira said:
Well, people has different opinion but if you said Kuze doesn't take Mizuki seriously and being selfish then you are pretty wrong here. Go back and check what did Kuze do in episode 3.

jazmin_s said:

Himura and Yuuko's story is progressing smoothly and I love the path it is taking. The way Yuuko got Himura to have lunch with her was so cute and I found it sweet that she thought it was a date. Haha, and it was even better when she got Himura to semi-admit to this being his first 'date' as well~ In addition - Himura learning that Amamiya's little sister also died in the earthquake was quite intruging. Moreover, seeing Himura's flashback of his experience in the earthquake was incredibly sad! *Sigh* His little sister was a sweetie too :(

As for Mizuki and Kuze's story... Hmm... people seem to have many differing opinions on this. I guess I would say that I some-what like them together. Well, when Kuze's around Mizuki - he's incredibly friendly and seems to care about her. But this of course was shown after the scene when he was laughing and placed that mask over his face which to me implied that he was going to be acting... Nonetheless, even though I believe Kuze is acting - I think he's doing it to be nice to Mizuki since she cares for him. And once finding out how much she cares for him - he has opted to part with her because he does not want to hurt her. For me, I have a love-hate relationship with Kuze.

As for Hiro and Miyako~ Haha, good to see them both back. Likewise, it's nice to see Nagi as well.

I want more ef!~
I am interesting to know why did that Amamiya sensei tell Yuu to be prepared if he want to be close to Yuuko.

Agreed with you that somewhat I like Mizuki and Kuze together. From what I thought I would say that the word he tell Mizuki about his broke-up was an acting because the way he answer it is too fast it is almost like he is already prepared to answer it and since he realized that he can not just turn her down by saying he is going to died soon.

Now it is about time we learn something about Mizuki's background.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 2, 2008 1:54 PM

Jul 2008
Siva said:
MedliSage said:
hirahira said:
Well, people has different opinion but if you said Kuze doesn't take Mizuki seriously and being selfish then you are pretty wrong here. Go back and check what did Kuze do in episode 3.

jazmin_s said:

I want more ef!~
I am interesting to know why did that Amamiya sensei tell Yuu to be prepared if he want to be close to Yuuko.

Agreed with you that somewhat I like Mizuki and Kuze together. From what I thought I would say that the word he tell Mizuki about his broke-up was an acting because the way he answer it is too fast it is almost like he is already prepared to answer it and since he realized that he can not just turn her down by saying he is going to died soon.

Now it is about time we learn something about Mizuki's background.

Interesting points but even if all the signs are all there that the caring is still trickery and masks are there....I wonder how much suffering and hardship can Mizuki endure.

I WANT TO KNOW HOW THEY MAKE IT!

jazmin_s said:
angel999 said:
Interesting points but even if all the signs are all there that the caring is still trickery and masks are there....I wonder how much suffering and hardship can Mizuki endure.

Well, Kuze has already implied many times that being with him would be troublesome - yet Mizuki has accepted that fact and agreed that she would be prepared. I'm not sure - but I think it was when Kuze was in her lap he mentioned that he would die and Mizuki knew that. Moreover, he revealed that he was engaged to a women whom he loved - nonetheless he had to leave her because he loved her so much and did not want to see her in pain. And in the end of this episode - Kuze did the same thing with Mizuki trying to end whatever relationship they had.

In my opinion, I think Mizuki knows exactly what she is in for and she's ready for it.

Mizuki knew very well before anything with the diary of Chihiro about Kuze's illness. The engagement was broken off cause he knew he would die. THAT ALONE is a lot of suffering for one you marry. You must see that Kuze would at the very least NOT WANT to be a burden!

Siva said:
angel999 said:

For me, I wouldn't say that the only reason for Mizuki to gone that far to save Kuze was that she love him alone. I would say that Mizuki might understand something about Kuze's situation which is lead her want to get close to him as much as possible. Well, it would have been easier to guess it if we have learn something about her past. I am really interesting to know what kind of dream she had while calling "Help me" unconsciously.

Yeah it has something to do with three elements: LOVE/MUSIC/INSTRUMENTS.
angel999Nov 2, 2008 5:18 PM
Nov 2, 2008 2:27 PM

Jan 2008
angel999 said:

Well, Kuze has already implied many times that being with him would be troublesome - yet Mizuki has accepted that fact and agreed that she would be prepared. I'm not sure - but I think it was when Kuze was in her lap he mentioned that he would die and Mizuki knew that. Moreover, he revealed that he was engaged to a women whom he loved - nonetheless he had to leave her because he loved her so much and did not want to see her in pain. And in the end of this episode - Kuze did the same thing with Mizuki trying to end whatever relationship they had.

In my opinion, I think Mizuki knows exactly what she is in for and she's ready for it.
jazmin_sNov 2, 2008 2:31 PM

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Nov 2, 2008 2:47 PM

Oct 2007
angel999 said:

For me, I wouldn't say that the only reason for Mizuki to gone that far to save Kuze was that she love him alone. I would say that Mizuki might understand something about Kuze's situation which is lead her want to get close to him as much as possible. Well, it would have been easier to guess it if we have learn something about her past. I am really interesting to know what kind of dream she had while calling "Help me" unconsciously.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 2, 2008 8:27 PM

Oct 2007
co_flame said:
"May the force be with you" LOL.

Indeed, After several months its finally time to change my avy
MettyNov 3, 2008 3:55 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2008 3:52 AM

Apr 2008
Awesome episode, and there was Miyako *_____________* I'm gald she has matured now. ^^

Nov 3, 2008 4:01 AM

Jul 2008
Faust87 said:
Awesome episode, and there was Miyako *_____________* I'm gald she has matured now. ^^

Same thoughts about Miyako.

BTW she was a little more annoying in first season. NOW I AM HAPPY with her character!
Nov 3, 2008 8:35 AM

Dec 2007
OMG ! so sad nehs ><
kuze-sna is evil .
honto ni hidoi ><

just asked mizuki to leave >< argh .
but still . nice episode :D

Nov 3, 2008 9:19 AM

Nov 2007
HiroMiya <3. Now, we just have to wait for Kei and Kyosuke.

Another awesome episode. Nagi obviously likes Yuu, he's dense. Yuu and Yuuko seem to be making a lot of progress. Yuu really loved his sister; I feel so sorry for him.

Kuze keeps trying to distance himself... And, omg, that clown part was freaky. I was just like "what?". Still Kuze and Mizuki kiss, how cute.

I wonder who the girl Kuze broke up with was? The first person that popped into my head was Nagi but I'm probably wrong.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Nov 3, 2008 1:33 PM

Feb 2008
MedliSage said:

Also:
hirahira said:

From my point of view (just my personal opinion) Kuze is not selfish and fake at all!
He is a womanizer who faces death and has enough social conscience to break up with all relationships. But he realizes that Mizuki suffers most, seeing him slowly giving up his life. So he tries to force away his desperation and hopelessness in order to give her some sweet memories as a "couple".
In my opinion the scene with the "masks" at night showed Kuzes feelings of despair and fear of death which he had to keep under a mask in order to not hurt Mizuki.
He wants to end his life on a specific date.... nobody could stay calm all the time with such a plan in mind.

Thank you very much for the translation so far MedliSage. ^^

I would like to help a bit:

MedliSage said:

Very interesting ^^
Nov 3, 2008 1:37 PM

Jul 2008
Amaya-no-Hime said:
HiroMiya <3. Now, we just have to wait for Kei and Kyosuke.

Another awesome episode. Nagi obviously likes Yuu, he's dense. Yuu and Yuuko seem to be making a lot of progress. Yuu really loved his sister; I feel so sorry for him.

Kuze keeps trying to distance himself... And, omg, that clown part was freaky. I was just like "what?". Still Kuze and Mizuki kiss, how cute.

I wonder who the girl Kuze broke up with was? The first person that popped into my head was Nagi but I'm probably wrong.

You got a interesting theory there: Nagi might have gone out with Kuze in the past to make things worse for Himura. You should know she had some hate towards Yuu for gettig close to Yuko. I think she might have been like that and in the end decided to stay with Kuze except he got sick and broke off the engagement.

It would be interesting to know if something happened because of all I mentioned above that triggered his illness. I wonder a lot about that cause there is nothing they said if Kuze disease is genetic or something made his system like this.

OVER ANALYZING!
Nov 9, 2008 2:04 AM

Aug 2008
Damn....where's episode 5!!
The part where "Never ever appear in front of my face again.."
AHHHH...
Mizuki is such a moe when she was in the bed time...:D
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Nov 12, 2008 7:01 AM

Apr 2007
I'm awfully late to the party, huh. I guess I'll just post my views again, regardless, haha.

Enlightening episode, wasn't it. Although Mizuki and Kuze's situation seems more "simplistic", it doesn't make it any less heartbreaking, in my view. By now, all the symbolism are pretty obvious. Kuze's mask, or should I say, many masks. He doesn't simply lie to the ones he loves to protect them, he just simply lie to himself trying to pretend ev everything's okay, but now there's the desperation. What is he feeling, in actuality?

And what does Mizuki needs to be saved from? Can Kuze actually be as selfless as he seems to be, and find out what's wrong?

Yuuko's brother gave me bad vibes. Really, really bad vibes. I'm really expecting the worse here, and that's not good.

Nagi surprises us by showing that she is not as apathetic as she looks. I love the chain imagenery. Always holding herself back, she might be just an emotional rollercoaster. Those, in the end, end up as the most problematic of all.

But then we see her all grown up... And although it "spoils" us that everything's going to be okay, it makes us wonder how did she get there.

And last but not least... My eyes teared up with MiyaMiya's scene at the rooftop. Really, haha.

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone's aware, but the writings in the OP is actually Yuukyuu no Tsubasa, the Game theme and the last ED from the first season, in German. Click here to see the lyrics.

Reading up past comments about Kuze, my view is, like I mentioned earlier, that he is selfless. Selfless for selfish reasons, but still selfless. He pushes people away not only because he wants a clean record by the time he's gone, but so that those he love won't suffer when he has to leave. But... we're all going to die, someday. Having a death sentence on his shoulders makes him think he's special, but he's just going to die earlier than some. That's what makes him unstable, in his relationship with others, in what he has left of his life, and within himself. But Mizuki is so young, could she really go on without him? He's trying to protect her, but in the end, he's just underestimating her. I don't think he's fake with her - just reluctant, unsure, confused and, like in everything else in his life, lost.
MaxwellLilyNov 12, 2008 7:37 AM
Nov 20, 2008 11:38 PM

Aug 2007
So I finally caved and started watching Chihiro's sub of episode 04, was pretty decent really. I'm really more interested in the Yuu/Yuuko development, god what an awful road that will be...

The best part of this episode is ef's subtle jabs at comedy. The whole "May the force be with you" line is just too funny. I'm not a fan of Star Wars nor have I ever watched any of the movies from start to finish, but that line was just beyond hilarious.

Yey Miyako and Hiro! xD

On to episode 5...
Nov 23, 2008 10:58 AM

Jun 2008
Yay Miyako made and appearance!!! :D
Nov 24, 2008 1:42 PM

Feb 2008
Oh yeah Yu was right. Star Wars IS better than God. :P
Great Episode BTW.
Nov 26, 2008 1:12 PM

Apr 2008
Glad to see Miyako there <3

and yeah nice episode :D

Dec 6, 2008 8:06 PM

Jun 2008
-spasms- Oh my goodness Miyako! + HiroHiroHiro <3 I'm loving this series as well as being a little creeped out. This is what I get for watching School Days, I get rather paranoid. Kuze's scene in his apartment with Yu, the mask, scared the hell out of me. I'm totally hiding under a blanket now, just to be safe.

& "May the force be with you," rofl oh no he didn't. >:]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Nov 10, 2008

191 by lucio54 »»
Dec 18, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aidouca - Dec 22, 2008

257 by SenpaiMY92 »»
Dec 10, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 16, 2008

87 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 8, 2008

196 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 2, 2008

84 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.