Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever met an actual sadist or a cruel person?

New
Sep 12, 2012 4:13 PM

Aug 2012
So earlier today, me, my mom, and my sister got in a car accident. My sister was unhurt although my Mom had to go to the hospital (thankfully, no serious injuries) It was one of the most shocking and traumatic moments of my life. Turns out, a teenager was speeding at 50 MPH. But she was very remorseful and was crying and turned out to be a nice person. But then three people drove by. Each one of them rolled down their windows and laughed. They laughed. I was pretty confused at what they were laughing at but I eventually realized that they were laughing at us. They laughed and drove off. They saw my Mother on a rolling bed being put into the ambulance car but they didn't care. As long as it wasn't them.

There were even cops on the sidelines but they didn't say anything to those people who laughed.

The city I live in (i thought) to be a very calm and pleasant place, but obviously there are cruel people everywhere. You guys ever experienced anything like this?
SavageSmickeySep 12, 2012 4:18 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 12, 2012 4:19 PM

Sep 2009
It was so traumatic that you had to make a post on MAL about it?

*raises eyebrow*

I am not sure that I would call those people sadists... cruel/strange is more along the lines I would think of. Perhaps the laughter was not because they were making fun of you, but a natural reaction to the shock of a car accident. Most people do not find the idea of a car accident amusing when it is brought up in conversation, so I think it is unlikely that is what they found amusing.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Sep 12, 2012 4:20 PM

Jul 2007
I'm not sure I could describe any city as a 'calm and pleasant' place.
Sep 12, 2012 4:21 PM

Aug 2012
AnnoKano said:
It was so traumatic that you had to make a post on MAL about it?

*raises eyebrow*

I am not sure that I would call those people sadists... cruel/strange is more along the lines I would think of. Perhaps the laughter was not because they were making fun of you, but a natural reaction to the shock of a car accident. Most people do not find the idea of a car accident amusing when it is brought up in conversation, so I think it is unlikely that is what they found amusing.

It was actually several weeks ago so I'm fine now but I found it irrelevant to say that it was several weeks ago because it doesn't really matter what day it was. But... anyways, I still hated those people. I was hoping that they would crash.
Sep 12, 2012 4:21 PM

Mar 2012
Do you, or your family, have any qualities that might normally make you laughed at? Otherwise it was probably just a nervous reaction. Still somewhat strange, as I have never heard of that.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 12, 2012 4:22 PM

Jul 2007
SavageSmickey said:
I was hoping that they would crash.
And then you were the sadist.
Sep 12, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2012
That sucks bro, seriously. It honestly baffles me that some people can be so cruel. Like how the hell would that asshole like it if he got caught in an accident? Friggin pathetic. And ya, my mother's ex husband was pretty cruel, especially when he was high, almost broke my leg once.
Sep 12, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2012
Scud said:
SavageSmickey said:
I was hoping that they would crash.
And then you were the sadist.

X) That was at the time. I'm sure anyone who got laughed at after being in a car accident would have some evil thoughts.
Sep 12, 2012 4:24 PM

Sep 2009
SavageSmickey said:

It was actually several weeks ago so I'm fine now but I found it irrelevant to say that it was several weeks ago because it doesn't really matter what day it was.

Uh huh. Sure thing. :\

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."

Sep 12, 2012 4:37 PM

Aug 2012
AnnoKano said:
SavageSmickey said:

It was actually several weeks ago so I'm fine now but I found it irrelevant to say that it was several weeks ago because it doesn't really matter what day it was.

Uh huh. Sure thing. :

Who cares if it happened yesterday or a month ago? The point stands still, why the hell would those passerby laugh at people in a car accident? I just don't get it. I wouldn't call it cruelty or sadism though.

Sep 12, 2012 4:40 PM

Sep 2009
Hyunckel said:

Who cares if it happened yesterday or a month ago? The point stands still, why the hell would those passerby laugh at people in a car accident? I just don't get it. I wouldn't call it cruelty or sadism though.

Makes me wonder if the OP is trolling, deary.

But giving him the benefit of the doubt, I still think it was as I said previously, a response to the shock of the car accident.

WORKS EVERY TIME!

Sep 12, 2012 4:45 PM

Oct 2011
Yes,I have meet a sadist.This bitch named Life.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 12, 2012 4:47 PM

Aug 2012
AnnoKano said:
Hyunckel said:

Makes me wonder if the OP is trolling, deary.

But giving him the benefit of the doubt, I still think it was as I said previously, a response to the shock of the car accident.
Wow. You think I'm trolling? I just find it pointless to say "several weeks ago" when I can just get to the point and say "today, and so on, so on".
Sep 12, 2012 4:50 PM

Sep 2009
Jeddy017 said:

Wow, you're so edgy.

WORKS EVERY TIME!

Sep 12, 2012 4:58 PM

Mar 2012
Truth is, until you find yourself in that kind of situation you can't actually know how the people who's having the experience feels, and can't fully empathize with them or just don't care.

I don't think those guys were sadist or cruel or something like that. You don't really know if they were laughing at you, maybe they were talking about something funny while they spotted you and your family, they decided to stop a while out of curiosity to have a better view of what happened but couldn't stop laughing at whatever they were laughing at first. OR they were immature assholes, but that doesn't really make them cruel or sadists either, just immature assholes.

Also, as someone already said, it doesn't really exist a city that is calm a pleasant. And yes there are cruel people everywhere.
Sep 12, 2012 5:01 PM

Mar 2010
Jeddy017 said:
lol
Sep 12, 2012 5:09 PM

Aug 2012
first, that is not a sadist, a sadist would do this for pleasure, and it usually wouldn't be emotional pain, but physical. second, someone laughed? big deal, no need to post it on here and get sympathy from everyone.
"Reality can really bum you out" - Ash Ketchum
Sep 12, 2012 5:38 PM

Aug 2012
Nope, I have met cruel people but have still yet to meet a sadist, I've met a masochist not sure if that counts.
Sep 12, 2012 5:55 PM

Jun 2010
Scud said:
I'm not sure I could describe any city as a 'calm and pleasant' place.

Mississauga yo.
Sep 12, 2012 10:14 PM

Apr 2012
I got quite the chuckle out of this actually.
Sep 12, 2012 10:52 PM

May 2012
Well were they teenagers? Being a teen myself, I can tell you that a lot of us are looking for amusement in just about anything. I've laughed at inappropriate things myself but never at someone in physical pain.
Sep 12, 2012 10:58 PM

Jun 2011
It's not hard to find some cruel people in the little town I live in. Even if it is "sunny happy pleasant CALIFORNIA" which is all a lie. Except the sunny part. Maybe the heat turns people crazy over here....
Kpop ruined me
~~~~~in an anime rut ~~~~~
Sep 12, 2012 11:17 PM

Jun 2012
So exactly whats so funny again?
Sep 13, 2012 3:15 AM
May 2009
lol i have that person would be me, I'm pretty sadistic, even though I am a kind person.
Sep 13, 2012 3:18 AM
Mar 2012
What a surprise, who would have thought that Man can be so evil.
Sep 13, 2012 3:37 AM

Jul 2011
Nope, only masochists who love to make things painfully difficult for themselves.
Sep 13, 2012 4:08 AM
Aug 2011
Yeah, you could say my mother is a sadist, although she almost never inflicts physical pain to the people around her (there were some cases in the past). However, she enjoys seeing people around her suffer and usually does things to make her family go crazy (fortunately I haven't been living with her the past three years, although we live in the same city). A real nut case, in short.

Although, I have met a girl a few weeks ago who is a real sadist. The day before I met her I fell pretty bad and had lots of bruises and wounds. She was fascinated by them and told me how she likes to inflict pain during sex and see people get hurt (alcohol really does bring the honesty out of people)...at that moment she had crazy eyes and I was just a tad scared of her. Until then she seemed like a nice down to earth girl; I seriously started to like her.The thing is I'm just not into...that kind of stuff.
Sep 13, 2012 4:35 AM
Aug 2012
keasbo said:
Yeah, you could say my mother is a sadist, although she almost never inflicts physical pain to the people around her (there were some cases in the past). However, she enjoys seeing people around her suffer and usually does things to make her family go crazy (fortunately I haven't been living with her the past three years, although we live in the same city). A real nut case, in short.

Although, I have met a girl a few weeks ago who is a real sadist. The day before I met her I fell pretty bad and had lots of bruises and wounds. She was fascinated by them and told me how she likes to inflict pain during sex and see people get hurt (alcohol really does bring the honesty out of people)...at that moment she had crazy eyes and I was just a tad scared of her. Until then she seemed like a nice down to earth girl; I seriously started to like her.The thing is I'm just not into...that kind of stuff.

hey u should let her inflict a little pain to u if she agreed to have sex with u.
a good deal.if she is cute and has good body/
Sep 13, 2012 5:40 AM

Jan 2008
IPerv said:
hey u should let her inflict a little pain to u if she agreed to have sex with u.

lol. U Perv.

@OP, So you're saying that 3 different people drove past and each of them laughed at the scene?

Surely they must've seen something to make them laugh that was actually funny?

This is just a guess but maybe they say 2 cars in a tangle and 2 women drivers and thought "lol, women! When will they learn to drive?"

Just a guess.
Sep 13, 2012 5:45 AM

Aug 2012
bk-201 said:
IPerv said:

lol. U Perv.

@OP, So you're saying that 3 different people drove past and each of them laughed at the scene?

Surely they must've seen something to make them laugh that was actually funny?

This is just a guess but maybe they say 2 cars in a tangle and 2 women drivers and thought "lol, women! When will they learn to drive?"

Just a guess.

So is it funny to laugh at an accident just because the drivers are women?

Just saying...

@The subject:
I once met a kid that was extremely cruel, he used to throw with rocks after animals and so on, once he caught a sparrow and squeezed it till it died, what's even more sick is that he was so proud of himself.
ScattoSep 13, 2012 5:50 AM
Sep 13, 2012 6:31 AM

Jan 2008
Kira-oniisan said:

Just saying...

Personally, no, I don't find women drivers getting in to accidents funny, unless it's something like this

But I was just trying to give a plausible explanation for what happened based on some of the stereotyping we see of women drivers.
Sep 13, 2012 7:03 AM

Aug 2012
bk-201 said:
Kira-oniisan said:

Just saying...

Personally, no, I don't find women drivers getting in to accidents funny, unless it's something like this

But I was just trying to give a plausible explanation for what happened based on some of the stereotyping we see of women drivers.

Holy Crap O_O what the....?

Anyway, SavageSmickey's case seems different, the ambulance came and they sill laughed?
And the cops, no matter what, isn't their job to clear out the area? especially of troublemakers.
Something feels out of place here.
Sep 13, 2012 7:25 AM

Jun 2008
Maybe the three guys knew the girl who caused the accident :O
I haven't met a sadist (not that I know of), but cruel people are everywhere and they don't even notice they are...
Sep 13, 2012 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't met one since I am the cruel, and sadistic person in many peoples eyes.
Sep 13, 2012 8:03 AM

Feb 2008
I have a friend who literally cannot help but laugh in awkward/serious situations. But that's more down to a really weird nervous reaction rather than being a horrible person.
Sep 13, 2012 8:18 AM

Feb 2012
Yes, there is quite a few people I know who could be considered sadists and cruel people. People usually think I'm one too, but that's not true, most of them just have mistaken a lack of empathy with cruelty (and maybe it's the same with the few supposedly cruel people I know, I'm not sure).
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Sep 13, 2012 8:20 AM

Feb 2008
KingLear said:
Yes, there is quite a few people I know who could be considered sadists and cruel people. People usually think I'm one too, but that's not true, most of them just have mistaken a lack of empathy with cruelty (and maybe it's the same with the few supposedly cruel people I know, I'm not sure).
Well, with a username like KingLear you can't help but jump to conclusions.
Sep 13, 2012 9:59 AM
Jan 2012
I was told pretty much that I'm a hardcore sadist. Not once but all of my friends do.
One time while eating at a restaurant someone behind my back got into a heart attack. All people panicked but I just looked at him then continued eating never cared what happened. Also when I was a child I really found it pleasurable to inflict pain into other people without any reason at all sometimes when my classmates does something bad to me I always pay them back twice the fold witout remorse. And I used to torture cats when I was young not only cats but almost any living thing like attaching fire crackers to mice and chicks (it was funny). They told me I'm the type who would kill for no apparent reason given the chance and whoever it maybe.
MadMoonSep 13, 2012 10:03 AM
Sep 13, 2012 10:06 AM

Apr 2010
Not yet, but then again those kind of people tend to stay away from me >:)
Sep 13, 2012 10:07 AM
Mar 2012
I find it funny and laugh a bit when I see two random people fight and some others try to stop it and punch people when they are not paying attention, and slightly enjoy it, but No, I am not sadistic...

As to your situation, it probably wasn't directed at you or your family, it could be that they just dealt with it on a different way, nervous systems and such, although I could be entirely wrong with that statement.

But then again there are also people who like hitting girls for a single dollar, so you never know for sure.
Sep 13, 2012 10:29 AM

Mar 2011
After finding a pair of handcuffs in my sisters room, I've come to the conclusion she must be a sadist.

That said, I don't think it's the same as what this thread as alluring to....
Sep 13, 2012 2:08 PM
Oct 2010
InfiniteRyvius said:
After finding a pair of handcuffs in my sisters room, I've come to the conclusion she must be a sadist.

That said, I don't think it's the same as what this thread as alluring to....

InfiniteRyvius: I am so bored, why don't I go snoop round in my sister's room. Dum dum di da shuffle shuffle di da da di rara shuffle shuffle oh look! A pair of handcuffs! Geez, my sister is such a pervert.
Sep 13, 2012 3:02 PM

Feb 2010
I've met people who try to be cruel only to fail miserably before me.
Sep 13, 2012 3:05 PM

Apr 2011
Yes. I forgot the doctor's name, but she stuck a swab down my penis. If that isn't cruel, I don't know what is. I found it hard to pee for the whole day.
Sep 13, 2012 3:22 PM

Dec 2008
Indeed, schadenfreude is a very ugly characteristic.They sure as hell wouldn't have found it funny if the same thing happened to them.
AllectoSep 13, 2012 3:28 PM
Sep 13, 2012 4:44 PM

Nov 2010
Never met anyone like that.
Sep 13, 2012 5:15 PM
Mar 2012
Not yet.
Sep 13, 2012 5:24 PM

Apr 2012
I'm sadistic do I count?
Sep 14, 2012 5:25 AM
Feb 2012
I've met or even know people who are cruel and sadistic. Way too many of them in fact....Still you could say I can be a cruel person at times my self....
Sep 14, 2012 5:37 AM

Jul 2012
My ex-bf. Which is exactly why I ended the relationship.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The very random (and possibly useless) knowledge thread

DigiCat - 58 minutes ago

5 by DigiCat »»
5 minutes ago

» Tokyo declares war on Racoon

tsukareru - 9 hours ago

8 by Dawizz »»
15 minutes ago

» First time Anime convention - any tips?

animeadept - Yesterday

9 by LoveYourSmile »»
50 minutes ago

» Have you ever used Ebay?? For buying and/or selling...?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

30 by palm-tree »»
2 hours ago

» how do you guys feel about summer? ( 1 2 )

JessicaKari - May 19

67 by SnipeStrike »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.