Forum Settings
Forums
New
Would you go to war?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 8, 2012 3:06 PM

Oct 2009
XeroCleaths said:

1. What if the US never entered WWII? Would you rather they hadn't been involved? why?

2. If no one ever helped in Rwanda, what do you think the situation would have been now-a-days? Also, what if the US military would have intervened a lot sooner? Do you think it would have had a positive or negative reaction on the genocide?

1. What if Hitler never started WWII?

2. What if the Tutsi and Hutu people talked it out before starting a genocide?

I'll tell you what would happen if US wouldn't interfere. Many people would die, some would survive, leaders would eventually perish with time (as it always has been) and life would go on. Do you really think that you can change anything? All you change is numbers (but since the other possibility did not happen you won't know whether the numbers will be higher or lower, you can only speculate that), but those numbers matter only to those who have no feelings toward the victims and who never understood the atrocities of war. IMHO you've been brainwashed by American superhero shows (superman, batman, spiderman, etc) and now you think that as long as you attack someone whom YOU will label as "evil" then you become "good". This is a logic of a child, and being an adult you should drop it.

Marza92 said:
I would happily defend my country against russians/islamalic countries if the sitsuation would require it. I feel confident that our culture is better than theirs and necessary to defend ours by any means.

I bet you don't know anything about Russian and Islamic cultures, because the more people know the less the difference they see.
"Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love."

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
Sep 8, 2012 3:12 PM

Oct 2010
No.

Maybe in a very extreme and difficult to imagine case for self-defense, but never for the defense of an ideology or the glory of a country.
Sep 8, 2012 5:18 PM

Aug 2012
takarabako said:
IMHO you've been brainwashed by American superhero shows (superman, batman, spiderman, etc) and now you think that as long as you attack someone whom YOU will label as "evil" then you become "good". This is a logic of a child, and being an adult you should drop it.

Wtf is your problem? I was a gamer as a child, I killed ppl like Sephiroth and Bowser as I grew up. Get your facts straight before you talk.

takarabako said:

1. What if Hitler never started WWII?

Sadly, he did and I believe a lot of ppl are alive today and not speaking German thanks to D-day. And all you did was avoid the question.

takarabako said:

2. What if the Tutsi and Hutu people talked it out before starting a genocide?

Please, don't be so naive.

Look, It's completely admirable that you want a world without war. I mean, lets be honest, I think everyone here on MAL agrees that war is wrong. But if some loony like Hitler (Whom -I- label as evil) rises up to power in the near future, I think he should be stopped, and I'll respect those who fight to protect you and me.

It's like you said a while back:
takarabako said:

If a country would attack those who are dear to me, I wouldn't mind dying and killing tens of enemies to protect the loved ones.

The difference between you and me here is that I would like to survive. I can also say with your previous quote that you understand that there are situations in which murder might be necessary, no matter how wrong.

(Yo, I really don't care for this argument, I just don't see why you wailed on me earlier. I'm not trying to get you to see my point of view, I just want you to respect my point of view.)
Sep 8, 2012 6:06 PM

Jun 2010
^ I think it's only adequate to ask the other guy to respect your right to have an opinion, not necessarily your opinion.
Sep 8, 2012 6:11 PM

Mar 2012
I would fight for Hitchens.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 8, 2012 6:27 PM

Jun 2010
And I would fight for you.

But Taylor Swift still sucks.
Sep 8, 2012 6:31 PM

Mar 2011
takarabako said:

Somehow it's hard to believe that there are still people who don't know that 9/11 was an inside job and the "terrorists" were a group of weirdoes "hired" by U.S. to play the bad guys...

Sep 8, 2012 6:45 PM

Jun 2012
Edefrem said:
takarabako said:

Somehow it's hard to believe that there are still people who don't know that 9/11 was an inside job and the "terrorists" were a group of weirdoes "hired" by U.S. to play the bad guys...

Gotta admit that was funny.
Sep 8, 2012 6:50 PM

Mar 2012
Hitchens said:
And I would fight for you.

But Taylor Swift still sucks.

Why you gotta be so mean?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 8, 2012 6:58 PM

Jun 2010
Tough love. Ridiculous tastes deserve ridicule.

Because Beyonce had a better video.
Sep 8, 2012 7:05 PM

Jun 2012
Hitchens said:

Nah guys its for Justin Beiber.
Sep 8, 2012 7:14 PM

Jun 2010
Chamry said:
Hitchens said:

Nah guys its for Justin Beiber.

She's out of my league.
Sep 13, 2012 11:58 PM

Oct 2009
XeroCleaths said:

The difference between you and me here is that I would like to survive. I can also say with your previous quote that you understand that there are situations in which murder might be necessary, no matter how wrong.

(Yo, I really don't care for this argument, I just don't see why you wailed on me earlier. I'm not trying to get you to see my point of view, I just want you to respect my point of view.)

Well then, now that we understand each other better, may I say that this conversation is over. I don't care much about arguments either, but I get emotional when talking about war, because I met too many survivors who lost their families in wars (whether domestic or international). The point is I heard way too many stories and saw way too much pain that was left on those people, so yeah I accidentally do "wail" on people who appear to be "war-maniacs" who are unaware of suffering the wars cause.

Chamry said:
Edefrem said:
takarabako said:

I also agree, but btw. are both of you aware that you've included yourselves by using the world "everywhere". LOL

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be reasonably explained by stupidity." by Spider Robinson

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life." by Frank Zappa

"You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public." by Scott Adams

"Strange as it may seem, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it." by Stephen Vizinczey

Finally:
"You even called me stupid in your verse, and I'm almost agreeing, for where stupidity is involved, you are quite an expert, friend." by Franz Grillparzer
"Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love."

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
Sep 17, 2012 12:52 PM

Jun 2012
Chamry said:
Edefrem said:
takarabako said:

I also agree, but btw. are both of you aware that you've included yourselves by using the world "everywhere". LOL

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be reasonably explained by stupidity." by Spider Robinson

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life." by Frank Zappa

"You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public." by Scott Adams

"Strange as it may seem, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it." by Stephen Vizinczey

Finally:
"You even called me stupid in your verse, and I'm almost agreeing, for where stupidity is involved, you are quite an expert, friend." by Franz Grillparzer

Everyone can be stupid at times, like one minute I'm acing tests and the next I'm thinking about ponies.
Sep 17, 2012 5:27 PM
Jun 2012
war are for stupid apes :)
Sep 17, 2012 7:52 PM

Jul 2012
I wouldn't go to war because no one would thank me for it.
Sep 17, 2012 11:57 PM

Nov 2011
Pigeon_Senpai said:
I wouldn't go to war because no one would thank me for it.

What if you were paid good money for it to go as an officer in a non-combative role?
The Art of Eight
Sep 18, 2012 12:01 AM

Apr 2010
Best you're gonna get me to do is sit on my ass a mile away with a high-powered sniper rifle eating a candy bar.

Sep 18, 2012 5:12 AM

Jan 2012
Would fight til' death to protect the things I love, but my wimpy-ass country isn't one of those things. I'd happily defend my neighbouring countries, Denmark, Norway and Finland, were they to be attacked though. Quite hilarious when I think about it.
GuZSep 18, 2012 5:15 AM
Sep 18, 2012 7:00 AM

Feb 2005
Akamitsu said:
Best you're gonna get me to do is sit on my ass a mile away with a high-powered sniper rifle eating a candy bar.
Until you realise that being a sniper also includes a lot of running around and relocating, stealthy insertions into enemy territory and such :(
Sep 18, 2012 7:24 AM

Aug 2012
I would go to Whitebeard war and save Ace and Whitebeard.

If we're talking about 'reality', who needs action when you got words?

I would take all I love and run away with it/them. The only guy who is making a difference in war is the one who stops it.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Sep 18, 2012 7:24 AM

May 2012
War is a waste of life.
Sep 29, 2012 5:40 PM

Sep 2012
I would probally make a decent soldier but war is never justified so no.
Sep 29, 2012 6:04 PM
Jul 2009
Only if it was absolutely necessary... then id use my veteran status as a perk when i'm running for political office!

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v22 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 3

2097 by 6EyedBastard »»
5 seconds ago

» Harshly judge the user above you based on their Last List Updates v.12 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Apr 9, 2023

8058 by DigiCat »»
1 minute ago

» On A scale of 1-10, how brutally will you fist user above's ass.

UnstableBrat - 9 minutes ago

2 by MitsukiHimeka »»
4 minutes ago

» Vent something v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Steph - May 7, 2023

5714 by UnstableBrat »»
4 minutes ago

» What Score/Rating Do You Disagree the Most With In the Above User's Completed List v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Nov 27, 2020

6281 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.