Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2012 2:10 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Corona-chan!!! Oh man, this was something alright. It almost have a "slice of life" feel were it not for the sci-fi and maybe a dash of of fantasy setting. And it was adorable despite of the weird aliens and three-meter long dragonflies!!! ^_^

The aliens recreating human culture for Corona's sake was comedic gold. :D There were two small aliens who went to Corona's kindergarten who had pretty perverted thoughts regarding what a school is. XD

Lastly, who wouldn't want a robot who pilots a friggin' giant mecha for a father?!! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 20, 2014 7:25 PM

Sep 2010
..what happened to the space granny at the end? it seemed like she crashed & blew up, but nobody cared! ._.
May 29, 2014 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
sunnysummerday said:
..what happened to the space granny at the end? it seemed like she crashed & blew up, but nobody cared! ._.

That was what I was wondering too. It was definitely odd.
Cute OVA though.
Sep 5, 2015 9:55 PM

Jun 2014
I got a few laughs out of this OVA. The father was especially a comical character. I found all the different races on the planet very fascinating, and it was very pleasant that they all lived in peace and harmony.

sunnysummerday said:

You see her in the ending credits. It looks like she ended up staying on the planet.

Mar 7, 2018 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
a simple and honest anime that doesn't try to take itself too seriously yet still teaches a lesson for all about the value of true family bonds. i did get freaked out by the giant brain brother and the cyclops eyeball monsters tho but i can overlook these oddities as they added flavor to the sol aspects.
Apr 1, 2018 9:36 PM

Dec 2008
Now this was how anime used to be when it was just about silliness, with a touch of family dramatics. Good stuff. solid 6/10 ^^
Jan 31, 2019 4:00 AM

Dec 2013
sunnysummerday said:

At the end she's seen alive in the cave with some other people. Pretty messed up that they didn't help her though lol.
Aug 17, 2019 7:59 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
CORONA IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KAWAII<33333

so is Beruka ofc too tho XD
Aug 25, 2020 4:42 AM

Jun 2014
Lovely short OVA, I'm thankful to Kenny Lauderdale for putting this in the spotlight.

Mar 29, 2023 10:37 AM

Oct 2017
Wow, this was actually great. Great set of characters. 
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.