Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2012 10:08 PM

Aug 2012
I don't know about others, but I find this game, besides the anal rape that it is, to be a masterpiece. The challenge really gets your heart racing now and again and when you finally reach a point of impressive improvement, you feel proud of yourself. The epic battles and music mix well with the appearance of the world and the feeling of loneliness.

Has anyone else felt this way for Dark Souls?
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist, because we allow it. And you will end, because we demand it.
Aug 9, 2012 11:29 PM

Apr 2011
Dark Souls is awesome, but this should be in the game section.
Aug 10, 2012 2:55 AM

Nov 2008
I've put about 400 hours into that game. Love it. Masterpiece isn't really the right word, though, with all its problems. I'll say exceptionally great.

Aug 10, 2012 4:56 AM

Jun 2012
Praise the Sun
None of you actually exist do you?
Aug 10, 2012 5:32 AM

Jan 2008
Lack of sticky white stuff but overall, great game.
Aug 10, 2012 6:40 AM

Nov 2007
Loved the game, fighting Ornstein & Smough was fun as hell. I think I prefer Demon's Souls over it by a bit though, but I did my playthroughs before they patched a lot of things that probably make DkS a lot better then it was when I played it.
Aug 10, 2012 7:01 AM
Feb 2012
I beat the game(And Demon's Souls) already, I actually finished Dark Souls multiple times, so I'll just wait until the DLC comes out, I'll have to play it again though to see if I think it's as good as everyone is saying it is, I generally think the game is bad, but fun.

By no means a masterpiece, So I'll play the game again to see if I still think it's fun.
Aug 10, 2012 7:17 AM

Mar 2012
Aero-Mach said:
I beat the game(And Demon's Souls) already, I actually finished Dark Souls multiple times, so I'll just wait until the DLC comes out, I'll have to play it again though to see if I think it's as good as everyone is saying it is, I generally think the game is bad, but fun.

By no means a masterpiece, So I'll play the game again to see if I still think it's fun.

Good god scotty! O_O

I personally haven't played the game, but I've heard and seen how hard it is, I'd get so frustrated at the game that I would probably end up smashing my laptop XD
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Aug 10, 2012 8:15 AM

Jun 2007
Will probably get it when it comes out on steam.
Aug 10, 2012 10:48 AM

Nov 2008
emogaara said:
Aero-Mach said:

Good god scotty! O_O

I personally haven't played the game, but I've heard and seen how hard it is, I'd get so frustrated at the game that I would probably end up smashing my laptop XD
I thought I had wasted my money at times in the first month. I went back to Demon's Souls and considered selling it if the opportunity arose. So glad I stuck with it. The trial and error, the environment layout and the longsword, which served me well in Demon's Souls but was ineffective against later bosses here, (I should have switched to the bastard sword or claymore far sooner) hampered my experience the first time.
EzekielAug 10, 2012 10:57 AM

Aug 10, 2012 11:50 AM

Jul 2010
would love to try the PC version, but i heard the port is pretty bad.

Aug 10, 2012 2:55 PM

Jun 2012
Loved both Demon and Dark Souls. The more times I died, the more I felt a sense of accomplishment when I finally got past it. Though, I got the most fun out of invading people and just fucking with them.
Aug 13, 2012 4:39 AM

Jun 2007
Oh god I guess I won't be getting it on steam after all, this is such a half-assed port...

• 30fps cap
  • GFWL
  • Limited graphics options - motion blur and resolution only
  • Internal resolution is locked at 1024*720 and is scaled to yours, resulting in stretched or squished view of the world
Aug 13, 2012 9:07 AM

Jul 2010
lol what a joke.

Aug 13, 2012 9:26 AM

Oct 2009
I've not gotten too far in, I keep making new characters and fighting the Taurus with them, I've got him down pat but I haven't even attempted any bosses after the gargoyles, I just keep running back to spend my souls whenever I get a ways towards the next boss.

I beat Demon's souls and that was possibly my favorite game ever, I loved that moonlight sword. The bosses were all amazing and the swamp stage was about the most intense thing I've ever played on a videogame because those big guys kill you in one hit and you can't run because you're stuck in the swamp. Also you can't see further than a few meters in front of you. The whole time I was ready to jump out of my seat if something snuck up on me but looking back it was so fun.
Aug 13, 2012 3:55 PM

Dec 2010
Playing Skyrim after playing Demon's/Dark Souls made me appreciate how much I liked (and sometime will, I need to get back into Dark Souls) the combat in those two games.

Of what I've played so far, the bosses in Demon's are more memorable than in Dark Souls, but I really liked the open world feel in Dark Souls. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the Nexus system used in Demon's, but you feel much more free in Dark Souls.

I stopped playing because I got stuck in Blighttown...need to get back into it.
Aug 14, 2012 1:56 AM

Sep 2011
Dark Souls is very addicting. For some reason I enjoy multiple playthrough's.
Aug 14, 2012 8:59 AM

Aug 2010
anyone around level 250?

i need to PvP so i can get Miracle Trophy.

and yea PS3 version
Aug 17, 2012 11:52 AM

Nov 2008
iWishTifaWasReal said:
anyone around level 250?

i need to PvP so i can get Miracle Trophy.

and yea PS3 version
For the darkmoon blade covenant reward? I struggled with this at the level I was until i realized that the man crows in the painted world drop souvenirs of reprisal.

Sep 15, 2012 3:18 PM

Aug 2010
Ezekie said:
lFor the darkmoon blade covenant reward? I struggled with this at the level I was until i realized that the man crows in the painted world drop souvenirs of reprisal.

yea thats the only miracle i need to get the Miracle Trophy. hooooly

but the man crows drop it rarely.
Sep 15, 2012 3:44 PM

Nov 2008
iWishTifaWasReal said:
Ezekie said:
lFor the darkmoon blade covenant reward? I struggled with this at the level I was until i realized that the man crows in the painted world drop souvenirs of reprisal.

Not as rarely as you might think. They're far more frequent than some of the "Rare Weapon" drops.

Sep 15, 2012 4:01 PM

Apr 2012
Rainbow-Dash said:
Oh god I guess I won't be getting it on steam after all, this is such a half-assed port...

• 30fps cap
  • GFWL
  • Limited graphics options - motion blur and resolution only
  • Internal resolution is locked at 1024*720 and is scaled to yours, resulting in stretched or squished view of the world
UNLESS you have a 1024x720 but yehthat 30 fps cap is shit, I usually need 60+ fps
Sep 16, 2012 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
iWishTifaWasReal said:
Ezekie said:

If you pump yourself full of humanity and wear the covetous serpent ring, the drops should be fairly regular.
Eyes always lose their fire

Sep 16, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2008
I played Demons Souls a few months ago, and it kind of lived up to the hype, I enjoyed the gameplay and world, however one thing prevented me from giving it 5 out of 5 and that is this: without online guides the game makes no sense. I could have played the entire game without knowing how to use magic, or a dozen other things that are made so obscure and hidden it's ridiculous. Online guides were essential for me to understand the game, and that is bad design right there.

Is Dark Souls the same? I don't mind too much, but honestly it would be more enjoyable if things were more coherent within the game itself. I don't want something that I should really know about be hidden from me because I didn't know to talk to an NPC at a specific time of day to find out another NPC needs to be rescued from a hidden dungeon with no key in another dimension, etc, etc.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 16, 2012 2:13 PM

Jun 2007
Beatnik said:

I decided to go ahead and pick up dark souls. And yes, this describes the game perfectly. Full of obscure little things most people would never even notice.

Like.. oh you just got to the end of this area and don't have the ring to continue? Too bad. Only to discover said ring is in a part of the game that is never needed for anything else.
Sep 16, 2012 2:25 PM
Mar 2011
Beatnik said:
I played Demons Souls a few months ago, and it kind of lived up to the hype, I enjoyed the gameplay and world, however one thing prevented me from giving it 5 out of 5 and that is this: without online guides the game makes no sense. I could have played the entire game without knowing how to use magic, or a dozen other things that are made so obscure and hidden it's ridiculous. Online guides were essential for me to understand the game, and that is bad design right there.

so its not a five of five game cause it does not hold your hand
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 16, 2012 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
Beatnik said:

Is Dark Souls the same? I don't mind too much, but honestly it would be more enjoyable if things were more coherent within the game itself. I don't want something that I should really know about be hidden from me because I didn't know to talk to an NPC at a specific time of day to find out another NPC needs to be rescued from a hidden dungeon with no key in another dimension, etc, etc.
That's probably why the Wikidot addresses are printed on the boxes. I frequented the site for both games, more than I should have. Discovering secrets on my own was always rewarding, though.

I didn't know how to use magic or sprint in Demon's Souls until after I finished my first playthrough. I had no excuse for the latter.

Sep 16, 2012 3:04 PM

Nov 2008
Rainbow-Dash said:
Beatnik said:

I decided to go ahead and pick up dark souls. And yes, this describes the game perfectly. Full of obscure little things most people would never even notice.

Like.. oh you just got to the end of this area and don't have the ring to continue? Too bad. Only to discover said ring is in a part of the game that is never needed for anything else.
Ingward, when he gives you the key to the seal of New Londo: "The Darkwraiths reside in a dark void called the Abyss. But the Abyss is no place for ordinary mortals. Although long ago, the knight Artorias traversed the Abyss. If you can find him, and learn from him, the Abyss may prove surmountable."

You should have known the next area was inaccessible. Opening the seal creates a shortcut to the boss, so you don't have to go through all those ghosts again when you return.

Sep 16, 2012 3:14 PM

Jan 2008
Otaking87 said:

haha, there's a difference between holding your hand and making what should be an essential aspect of the game hidden from plain sight! The ability to use some magic spells should be clear from the beginning and not hidden from the player via a convoluted NPC rescue scenario that can actually be entirely missed if not careful.

I think some of you people are mistaking 'learning curve' with 'bad game design'. Learning curve relates to the gameplay and difficulty of enemies, and I have no problem with that at all. Getting to halfway through a level, dying and then re-starting with all enemies alive again is perfectly fine. The entire tag line 'prepare to die' is humurous and accurate.

However like I've been saying, hiding essential features from the game does not make the game difficult, it makes it unaccessible. If you hide a secret weapon, that's normal and fair. But there are so many important aspects of the game, like that blacksmith that can make super weapons, that can only be discovered with the help of a guide or just pure luck, it's quite silly.

Life is frankly too short for me to investigate a fictional world from top to bottom and taking into account both 'tendency' world states!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 16, 2012 4:04 PM

Jun 2012
That shit was hard as hell
Sep 17, 2012 10:19 AM
Mar 2011
Beatnik said:
Otaking87 said:

haha, there's a difference between holding your hand and making what should be an essential aspect of the game hidden from plain sight! The ability to use some magic spells should be clear from the beginning and not hidden from the player via a convoluted NPC rescue scenario that can actually be entirely missed if not careful.

I think some of you people are mistaking 'learning curve' with 'bad game design'. Learning curve relates to the gameplay and difficulty of enemies, and I have no problem with that at all. Getting to halfway through a level, dying and then re-starting with all enemies alive again is perfectly fine. The entire tag line 'prepare to die' is humurous and accurate.

However like I've been saying, hiding essential features from the game does not make the game difficult, it makes it unaccessible. If you hide a secret weapon, that's normal and fair. But there are so many important aspects of the game, like that blacksmith that can make super weapons, that can only be discovered with the help of a guide or just pure luck, it's quite silly.

Life is frankly too short for me to investigate a fictional world from top to bottom and taking into account both 'tendency' world states!

you can start with magic available to you basic week magic but magic none the less
what the guy in th nexus can make top class weapons if you give the red soul

i use no giude and i found stuff a natural intuition i have two saves one Pure Black one pure White totaling 87 30 Both are Royalty classes soul levl under 170 in both and i have Nothen Raglia as my main weapon in both

killing Miralda is the Hardest thing in the Game cuase yiu have to have almost no amour on you cuase of the good stuff that is in that aera that you have to pick up or its perma lost
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 17, 2012 11:51 AM
Mar 2011
Ezekiel said:

that may be a Gilich in the Pre Pached version og the game i never pacched my game

Sep 17, 2012 11:52 AM

Nov 2008
I found Miralda to be one of the easier pure world black phantoms. The items aren't perma lost.

Whoops. This should be above your post.

Sep 17, 2012 11:56 AM

Nov 2008
Otaking87 said:
Ezekiel said:

that may be a Gilich in the Pre Pached version og the game i never pacched my game
You should have. The multiplayer really adds something to the game.

Sep 17, 2012 12:19 PM
Mar 2011
Ezekiel said:
Otaking87 said:
Ezekiel said:

not paching the game did not stop muitplayer is just the fact the US Version had all the patchs pre installed

Sep 17, 2012 2:30 PM

Nov 2008
Ryokami said:
Ezekiel said:

As fun as multiplayer is, it can also be very frustrating at a times. Ganking with two phantoms, full havels/giants set with lightning zweihander/claymore, laggy backstabs with hornets ring.

I found it rather hard to get a good duel on SL120. Even Kiln and Burg that should be unofficial duel areas have those kinds of people. Can't wait for that DLC on consoles with all the nerfs and arena.

Random invasion with glass cannon builds are pretty awesome though. Hitting 2000 damage with single crystal soul spear just feels so good. Or suicide bombing with karmic justice. Rage messages that follow up are priceless.
Demon's Souls isn't so problematic. The trade off is that too few people play it.

Sep 18, 2012 3:54 PM

Aug 2010
Ezekiel said:
iWishTifaWasReal said:
Ezekie said:

Not as rarely as you might think. They're far more frequent than some of the "Rare Weapon" drops.

ohh maybe because of the new Patch Update. when i was farming the souvenirs of reprisal on the first Patch it was almost impossible to get them.

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
2 hours ago

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.