3It was OK
4.3%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
5.7%
Average 4.5
141 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 22, 2012 8:40 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Despite not having time too much of this series talking, I can safely assure all the fan service and concert was done most excellently in this episode. Here are my scrambled thoughts:

I really liked the part Tsubasa though of Aachan in the spoiler
It was nostalgic. It was also nice to see more of Aachan from Tsubasa’s memories.

The fan service, was good because Sonata got her DFC exposed in the spoiler
whom I wanted and finally got along with many of her fans. Other than that it was just plain nice to see the other girls in the spoiler
giving out some final fan service to the many who watched this series and are their fans of them.

What really started thing is MIRACLE MAKER TIME! In the spoiler
a occurrences of formulaic proportions of colors comes and I dig it. I liked how it was shown, how it reflected to the many who saw it and most of all the reactions of the characters including OMG Nagisa’s father and mother! They alright and good! OH YEAH! Super excited to have found out. A good joy. That lead to a nice show in the following,

Along with the variations in the spoiler
it showed a nice first phase.

Comes Phase 2, the second phase in the spoiler
got better outfits and they are much more innocently shown by incorporating the white colors. A fitting element to them.

As thing move along comes Holy Shit with the following,

Along with the spoiler
and suffice to say I have theory regarding it. My theory follows as such, the girls were about to disappear like Aachan except that this time the souls that sacrificed themselves to become kirara intervened and stopped the process of the Evil Sensei-Sensei. So I assume a lot here but it makes senses when you see there was a physical presence in that place in the spoiler
that shows Minami there along with being congratulated by Tsubasa.

The reunion with Nagisa/her family in the spoiler
was a great touch ender along with everyone being happy to have made it.

In conclusion this is what I think the series’s message may be: Entertainment got too perverted and disgusting along with immoral/non-ethics/politically incorrect elements came about with no control that resulted in social chaos and war. What AKB0048 are trying to do is to bring it back as only in the form of music what may be accepted by all the Universe and would not make wars only love and peace as it should be. In doing so there is opposition like it was shown throughout this series of this despite being shown innocent and good for society.

Ultimately there is change and it is being accepted along with other mild forms on other planets however the main message is that entertainment should be essentially about music and making people productive with it and that entertainment should not other things whatever they may be. This might be vague but it’s a small IMO of mines to conclude this series. Take as it like.

And yes there is a S2. They confirm it at the end in the spoiler
Overall a strong 8/10 from me.

BTW ED last pic in the spoiler
It's a nice group one.

Pic Dumb in the BLOG (NSFW):
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/07/akb0048-episode-13-pic-dump-last.html
Of this episode.
Yumekichi11Jul 22, 2012 11:08 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 22, 2012 8:49 AM
Mar 2012
Ok get this out of the way~

SPAZZZ!!!!!~ ^your national idols.......:P

OMFG THIS EP IS AWESOME!!!
That all I can say :3

BTW..I love how accurate Acchan's centered focus eyes are XD

Also Mariko's phrase "Party ga Hajimaru Yo" is actually the title of the very first AKB stage.

Complete song inserts for the show

THE 2ND SEASON SAID TO BE ABOUT AKB48's GENERAL ELECTION!!
If you think AKB0048 is already dramatic, be prepare....>:D

akbfanAug 30, 2012 11:37 AM
Jul 22, 2012 9:12 AM

Apr 2011
Where did you watch it?
Jul 22, 2012 9:13 AM
Mar 2012
Magito said:
Where did you watch it?

http://himado.in/
Jul 22, 2012 9:46 AM

Apr 2011
akbfan said:
Magito said:
Where did you watch it?

http://himado.in/

Thank you! Will rewatch this when subs come out. ^_^
Jul 22, 2012 10:47 PM

Jun 2011
Center Nova where? D:

Oh well, looking forward to SECOND SEASON!

Great episode! Love the art and music.

Although the crowd running looked a bit odd.
Jul 22, 2012 11:48 PM

Feb 2012
The 3D on the crowd was hilariously bad, but the rest of the ep more than made up for it.

I am sad that I'll now have to wait until 2013 for more... but at least more is on its way.

Interesting that Takamina is still Takamina, but I wonder if it is just borrowed time or if Kanata will succeed someone else. Poor Kanata was so close to succession and yet it fell short of her grasp yet again.
Jul 23, 2012 12:35 AM

Jan 2011
nice list for the inserts. thanks!

Season 2. But I really enjoyed the first half thus far.
Jul 23, 2012 12:39 AM

Jun 2011
I want more Nagisaaa ~
But overall it's a good anime, just too much Chieri screen time.
Looking forwards to the next season! <333
Jul 23, 2012 1:02 AM
Mar 2011
Last episode and they still cast more questions. Why didn't any of the girls disappear even though they glowed just as bright as any of the missing centers?! What is this Dualium they mentioned in the sand?! What is this truth Tsubasa mentioned?! Is Sensei Sensei evil?!

I can't wait for season 2!
Jul 23, 2012 1:03 AM

Feb 2008
I guess Tsubasa stop them to someone being center nova, the highest possible someone would be center nova here is Nagisa, Chieri and Kanata.
For a moment I thought everyone was the center nova.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 23, 2012 1:06 AM

Feb 2008
Nobody will know until the 2nd season start

Tenko_Ranchi said:
Last episode and they still cast more questions. Why didn't any of the girls disappear even though they glowed just as bright as any of the missing centers?! What is this Dualium they mentioned in the sand?! What is this truth Tsubasa mentioned?! Is Sensei Sensei evil?!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 23, 2012 1:15 AM
Jul 2009
Ayda_ said:
just too much Chieri screen time.

We can never have enough Chieri.

Here's hoping for even more Chieri in the next season.
1idd0kunJul 23, 2012 1:36 AM
Jul 23, 2012 1:27 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was made of so much win, I couldn't believe it.

Honestly, I didn't think they could properly end this arc in just one episode, but they did. Ofc there are some open questions, but they can be answered in S2 w/o problems. Personally, I think 0048 S1 ended waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Rinne no Lagrange S1

I'm still not 100% sure about what the Kirara actually mean, but I loved to see so many new ones.

Also, the "Nagisa to Chieri Nagiso no Cherry" was just as I expected :)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 23, 2012 1:56 AM

Aug 2008
Wordsmith said:
This episode was made of so much win, I couldn't believe it.

Honestly, I didn't think they could properly end this arc in just one episode, but they did. Ofc there are some open questions, but they can be answered in S2 w/o problems. Personally, I think 0048 S1 ended waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Rinne no Lagrange S1

^This.

But really, wow. when this anime started airing i didn't want to watch it, but i was bored so i tried...
at first it was pretty boring, but at the end it was better ^^ a really good ending..

I guess now we have to wait for season 2 ^^ (huh, those days theres too much 'seasons two' out there)

Your life is just little part of this world...

Jul 23, 2012 2:03 AM

Aug 2011
This episode was just great.

Thank you, Chieri, for deciding not to be a bitch.

SO MUCH FEELS with Nagisa and her mom, and her dad finally accepting her. That was what made me hooked on this show in the beginning. Nagisa is the best character; anyone who doesn't agree is a troll.

Feels all around.

I hope the second season can at least be as good as this one.
Jul 23, 2012 2:08 AM
Jul 2009
DraconisMarch said:
Nagisa is the best character; anyone who doesn't agree is a troll.

Stop being a troll and admit the best character is Chieri.

Anyway, great final for a great series. Looking forward to the second season.
1idd0kunJul 23, 2012 2:13 AM
Jul 23, 2012 2:26 AM

May 2012
ENCORE!!! ENCORE!!!
[/URL]
Jul 23, 2012 2:44 AM

Dec 2009
THAT WAS AWESOME.
Enough said.
8/10
Jul 23, 2012 3:04 AM

Jun 2007
S2 in 2013??? orz

So relieved about Takamina :') I'm so glad this season ended on such a satisfying note.
Jul 23, 2012 3:11 AM

Jan 2011
Great ending, after a bad start this show really kicked some ass in the end and I'm looking forward to the second season. Now this was I show where I didn't expect a second season at all but thank god there will be one after all.
This was solid in the end, 8/10 for now. Might get higher if S2 is better.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 23, 2012 3:23 AM

Feb 2010
The ending was nice and was well written!
But now knowing there is a season 2... ughk what a drag it MAY be...
Regardless about the Center Nova position, I really preferred if the AKB0048 anime ended as it is. But, looks like next year there will be a season 2, so let's hope it wont disappoint...

I gave it a 7/10 just because I enjoyed watching it ^-^
Jul 23, 2012 4:15 AM

Oct 2011
Rated it 8/10 as it was good even with Chieri/Nagisa and that angst of thers (it got better while rest characters was entertaining to see)
well created universe (despite some weird stuff here and there).... good job!

So... Center Nova dissapear into the light? stable career path that's for sure
and it seems that Kanata will do it next, she feels most as leader there
Jul 23, 2012 4:22 AM

Apr 2011
So it's finally over huh...Watching from start to finish was so much fun.

Good to know Takamina will remain Takamina. She's a likable character and she deserves to stay.

Mayuyu spanked those DES forces good.

Is it just me, or does Tsubasa mentioned Lancaster is her home planet. It ain't over yet. So many things to see and know, like who'll be the Center Nova? Will it be Nagisa? Chieri? Or someone else? Who will the understudies succeed? And what really happen to the other Center Nova. Miichan though the girls will disappear but did not and I guess that Dualium she found has got to do with it.

Looking forward to its continuation and to finally know who will be the 14th Acchan.
MagitoJul 23, 2012 5:36 AM
Jul 23, 2012 4:59 AM
Mar 2012
Tenko_Ranchi said:

Power of team works prevent the center from go bye bye? :P
Sensei is Akimoto Yasushi...so.......maybe in the anime too, he's not evil. He's just a troll.
Jul 23, 2012 6:33 AM

Oct 2011
Perfect episode. When Tsubasa said "Party ga hajimaru yo" I was like ;~;. It was so nice to see Nagisa reunited with her parents. The factory workers cheering for Orine was a lovely touch as well. I was so happy when Chieri got Nagisa to sing, I wanted her to. I'm not sure how I feel about Takamina staying as Takamina. She's a great character but I want Kanata to be promoted :c

So many questions regarding the ending, with the lights and the Center Nova and Dualium so I can't wait for season 2. I have a feeling that it's going to involve an election like the ones we're used to and the winner gets to be the next Acchan or something like that?
Jul 23, 2012 6:43 AM
Feb 2012
Magito said:
So it's finally over huh...Watching from start to finish was so much fun.

Good to know Takamina will remain Takamina. She's a likable character and she deserves to stay.

Mayuyu spanked those DES forces good.

Is it just me, or does Tsubasa mentioned Lancaster is her home planet. It ain't over yet. So many things to see and know, like who'll be the Center Nova? Will it be Nagisa? Chieri? Or someone else? Who will the understudies succeed? And what really happen to the other Center Nova. Miichan though the girls will disappear but did not and I guess that Dualium she found has got to do with it.

Looking forward to its continuation and to finally know who will be the 14th Acchan.

yes tsubasa did mention that...hehe :)
Jul 23, 2012 7:00 AM

May 2012
I still think there's gonna be a dual center Nova. There was A LOT of focus on Nagisa and Chieri working together. The kirara splitting up when Nagisa was ready again would just be one of the many clues.

This show....THIS SHOW!

This is one of those once in a life-time anime, and I can't wait for the second season! The first season ended so well ~

Also, the reason we gotta wait, is that the idols are busy, so they need to free up their schedule for this again.

I feel like the second season will finally answer all our questions and pull off the big change that we know Sensei sensei is trying to enact.

And Acchan's going to return!

T_T This is going to be Amazing!
Jul 23, 2012 7:41 AM

Sep 2011
Wondering if new Kiraras mean succession or maybe even new original member. So everyone's the 1st of their own name xD

Enjoyable series, wish they answered more questions though :c Oh well, it'll have to wait till S2
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Jul 23, 2012 7:44 AM

Dec 2011
I hope we don't have to wait for S2 too long into 2013. This was such a great series. I hope Nagisa is chosen as Center Nova.
Jul 23, 2012 7:49 AM

Jan 2012
And so it ended. Great ending and great show. Looking forward to second season.

Jul 23, 2012 8:12 AM
Mar 2011
I'm really looking forward to the next season, although I rated this just 6/10 (and anyway, 6 is above 5, which says average).

I wouldn't say the story so far was something original and groundbreaking, but at least it is consistent and doesn't get silly. The only thing which looks silly is the entertainment ban (and the action, but I never pay attention to the action - 99% of the action in all movies and TV series I've seen is not realistic anyway). This makes me think there was actually some reason to implement it, that something bad comes with it. Consider the scene where everyone rushed to the new concert place. Well, in all that rush, someone is sure to have been ran over by the others, and it was Acchan and the Kirara who caused it - an example how people get carried away by entertainment - like in the real world some play video games almost 24/7. I would guess, though, there is something else bad that comes with entertainment in the show - after all people have disappeared there.
Anyway, in English you have some relation between the terms 'carried away' (by entertainment) and 'disappear', and I would be very curious to know if it exists in Japanese as well.
Jul 23, 2012 9:13 AM

May 2010
Okay gotta wait for the 2nd season which I have to painfully wait till next year !!

Jul 23, 2012 9:38 AM
Mar 2012
MyAmy said:
Okay gotta wait for the 2nd season which I have to painfully wait till next year !!

But she's different because she's a cyborg D:
Beside those light sabers cut through some mechas before.
AKB weapons aren't meant to seriously harm DES since they're still people tho. Tsubasa said it back in ep 3 I think? so lightsabers on ground is effective enough.
Jul 23, 2012 10:00 AM

Dec 2010
So one of the girls is going to succeed Acchan can't wait
Jul 23, 2012 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
Such an epic ending, this was really well done. And if not for the Kirara overwork and this Center Novae stuff it could as well be a good finish for the whole series. I'm very happy to see that 2nd season will happen though, the wait till 2013 willl be long.
One thing i actually disliked about this show was poor CG but i really enjoyed everything else. Solid 7/10 from me.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 23, 2012 12:59 PM

May 2011
Absolutely fantastic ending. It's very rare that a series impresses me with as much consistency as this. The concerts were absolutely spectacular, the plot is interesting enough as well, but if nothing else, the overall feel of this was absolutely amazing. I have had the greatest enjoyment watching AKB0048, it is my personal favorite for 2012 so far. Absolutely can not wait for the series to continue next year!!!

9/10
Jul 23, 2012 1:26 PM

Feb 2012
Magito said:

Is it just me, or does Tsubasa mentioned Lancaster is her home planet.

No, Tsubasa said 'I wouldn't want to abandon my home planet either'. She doesn't mean she is from Lancastar, she means that she understands what the girls are going through and if it had been her home planet she wouldn't want to leave either.
Jul 23, 2012 3:27 PM

Sep 2008
Yay, Mamiko Noto's Heart Attack makes a comeback. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2012 3:40 PM

Aug 2011
When I started this show, I had never heard a single song from AKB48 before so I decided to watch this to judge how great their songs were and to be entertained in the process. Oh boy, did I get both. This was a show that I never had an urge to watch on a weekly basis but was left constantly amazed at how good it was.

The songs were great as expected and so were the insights into their training schedules but what caught my interest was how this show explored the negative aspects of being an idol and how it's not all sunshine and rainbows. It's an emotional rollercoaster with hardwork in between. And then there's the wonderful fantasy elements like the entertainment ban, DES troops, Kirara, the upper echelon's of the administration and finally the mystery of the center nova. All of which were very interesting ideas to explore.

The concert was amazing. I love the ED song since it's so soft and elegant but to have them dress in pure white was just the icing on the cake. Plus, to follow that up wit the great OP song SO GOOD. Love the songs, I was completely in the moment.

Incredible episode, incredible series. 9/10.

Absolutely delighted that a second season has been announced. I think there's plenty more they to explore with the world of 0048 and lots of existing mysteries to flesh out too. Smart move to keep this one at a sweet 12 episodes, can't wait to see them again in 2013!
Jul 23, 2012 3:44 PM

Oct 2010
1idd0kun said:
DraconisMarch said:

I can't decide, I like both Chieri and Nagisa but TBH Sonata is the one that was cheering up around the whole show. IMO that is.

Some girls need more time in S2, they really got a good run down on the 4 new ones this season.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 23, 2012 3:50 PM

Mar 2012
just some stupid question
I was just wondering why there are no hearts in Tsubasa's eyes anymore like when she was Mariko
Jul 23, 2012 4:00 PM

May 2012
I am really curious about the whole thing about Acchan's voice and whatever that power she had was. Since Tsubasa's Acchan was supposed to have disappeared, I really wonder what exactly happened to her. Hopefully these are things we will learn in the next season, along with what happened to the other centers besides their now photographer.

Nagisa got her voice back! I honestly thought she'd get it back before the song actually started, but they went for the other cliche of stopping in the middle of the song for her. I guess it doesn't matter, either way would be cliche. Somehow, this show does a good job of making cliche seem right, so I'm not going to complain in the slightest.

Oh man, everyone's glowing at the ending song. I don't understand why Tsubasa was surprised about the light shining on people besides Nagisa and Chieri, mostly because Kanata was already slotted to fill Takamina's slot after this concert until that changed? Kind of worried that they've all showed up as candidates for Center Nova, but we will see where that goes.

And then WHOA the Kirara have shields. Didn't expect that one at all. And what in the world is dualium? What does it do, where does it come from? I DON'T UNDERSTAND....

Tsubasa came personally to tell Takamina the good news, so sweet. And Yuuko's reaction was priceless, jumping on her so happily like that.

Can't wait for the second season to answer my many questions. I had a lot to say about this episode, I was so excited for it...
Jul 23, 2012 5:20 PM

Nov 2010
xxanimeee said:
just some stupid question
I was just wondering why there are no hearts in Tsubasa's eyes anymore like when she was Mariko

She graduated, and only then she got those diamonds indicating her former status.
I play, the haters lose.
Jul 23, 2012 6:08 PM

Aug 2010
It was cheesy but the ending was good. They brought all the understudy characters together pretty well and even though Nagisa sort of lost her lead status with another money-making opportunity season it should do more with the story.
Jul 23, 2012 6:10 PM

Feb 2012
Excellent. I could feel the excitement of that badly animated CG crowd when the understudies performed. For being very cheesy and happy, this episode ended the series very well and i had no negativity towards all the cliches. Nagisa's comeback was great, the fighting fantastic, and the clues and new info on the Center Nova set up the next season.

Overall i enjoyed this show greatly. I want to give it a 9, but after the great feeling of the last episode wore off i remembered those lame fanservice episodes. 8.7. If only i could do that, lol. 8 for now.
Can't wait for season 2!
Jul 23, 2012 7:39 PM

Apr 2007
You know, I could probably sit down and list the reasons why I should have hated this show. Absolutely ludicrous concept married to a real-life idol culture that, what little I know of, I acutely dislike. Even looking back at the montage of prior episodes at the end, nothing particularly stood out.

But somehow, this ended up for me as one of those little illogical treasures of which the sum was greater than its parts. Perhaps it's going in expecting nothing and then getting a really well-executed show. Whatever the reason, it worked for me.

And the moment this episode when I finally just said, "Forget it, I love this show"?

Great show, exceeded all expectations. Highly looking forward to S2.

So this is entertainment.
Jul 23, 2012 8:22 PM

Feb 2012
Holy shit that was epic.

akbfan didn't start the thread? What is this!?

EDIT: Oh, wait, yumekichi started most of the threads. akbfan only started the recent ones. My bad.
aimedamissJul 23, 2012 9:48 PM
Jul 23, 2012 8:38 PM

Dec 2009
DraconisMarch said:

Nagisa is 3rd best for me, Sonata is the best girl though.
Jul 23, 2012 9:24 PM

May 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
1idd0kun said:
DraconisMarch said:

I can't decide, I like both Chieri and Nagisa but TBH Sonata is the one that was cheering up around the whole show. IMO that is.

Some girls need more time in S2, they really got a good run down on the 4 new ones this season.

I like Nagisa a little more personally, but Chieri was definitely a solid character. My favorite for this series is Yuuka, her and Mamoru are a really refreshing pairing to me. ^^
If only the setting would allow for more development between those two. It's understandable that it doesn't, but a shame. :(
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jun 24, 2012

80 by povsuduvolosy »»
Sep 3, 2022 2:49 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jul 15, 2012

62 by Ashhk »»
May 8, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 11 Discussion

akbfan - Jul 8, 2012

45 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 12:20 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jul 1, 2012

54 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 11:49 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 17, 2012

60 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.