Forum Settings
Forums

To all the girls that watch anime do you get offended?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 10, 2016 10:49 AM

Sep 2015
Common sense and logic would dictate that people who find fanservice and the like distasteful would simply stop watching those genres which contain said scenes.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 10, 2016 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
No not so much but of ecchi I really get annoyed I do not watch that anime that get me annoyed
Jan 10, 2016 10:57 AM

Feb 2008
ihateeveryone said:
renders said:
I'm sure about 50% of the girls that watch anime don't look like...girls o.0

It's shit like this though that's more offensive then fan service is.

^
This. The community in itself is far more offensive than any anime series could ever be.
Massive breasts are really stupid and ridiculous though.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 10, 2016 10:58 AM

Jun 2008
Seeing as males are still the majority viewers and supporters of the anime industry....I'm not sure why we should give a fuck what females think about any particular anime that is in fact targeted towards males.

Just like I don't give a fuck about anime like 'Free'.
Jan 10, 2016 11:00 AM

Sep 2014
As a girl: I don't care, as long as the plot is good. Unintelligent and annoying girls in anime is bothering me, though.
Jan 10, 2016 11:03 AM
Sep 2013
not really. fanservice doesn't really offend me unless they go overboard into hentai which is rare, so, i guess my answer is no.
Jan 10, 2016 11:05 AM

Jan 2009
i find it offensive.... wait no i find it annoying and i lose respect for the writers
Jan 10, 2016 11:10 AM

Dec 2015
I know this sounds like a cop out answer, but it all depends. I am not easily offended by skimpy outfits, especially since I believe a woman's clothing doesn't define who she is as a person. Sometimes the fanservice is unnecessary to the theme, but that isn't what usually offends me. Usually what offends me are the stereotypical actions of the female characters, but not their body types or their bewbs.

Example of non-offensive anime: kill LA kill
Example of offensive anime: diabolik fuckers...i means "lovers"
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 10, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:
I know this sounds like a cop out answer, but it all depends. I am not easily offended by skimpy outfits, especially since I believe a woman's clothing doesn't define who she is as a person. Sometimes the fanservice is unnecessary to the theme, but that isn't what usually offends me. Usually what offends me are the stereotypical actions of the female characters, but not their body types or their bewbs.

Lol'd. Was it actually really that bad?
Jan 10, 2016 11:13 AM

Oct 2015
As a guy I don't care for fan service, I just find it a waste of time.
Jan 10, 2016 11:14 AM

Mar 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:

funny enough that kill la kill is neutral (no target spesific) when diabolik lovers adapted from otome game which is actually targetted towards woman. lOl
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 10, 2016 11:16 AM

Apr 2015
ItsMaz said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

It's literally "Rape is Sexy: The Anime". It is indeed that bad.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 10, 2016 11:17 AM

Jun 2014
i've never been annoyed or offended by anything super ecchi or anything. but i like girls and boobs too, so maybe that helps? haha.

but i agree with Kona. characters like Yui from that garbage are annoying and awful. that whole show is awful and belongs in the traaaash
Jan 10, 2016 11:19 AM

Dec 2015
ItsMaz said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

The first two episodes I thought it was extremely bad, but after finishing it...yea.. Not only is it offensive but the writing absolutely sucks.

Kuma said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

funny enough that kill la kill is neutral (no target spesific) when diabolik lovers adapted from otome game which is actually targetted towards woman. lOl

I can tell it's targeted towards women who like that vampire or fifty shades of grey bull shit. It's purely sadistic, with no sex...like WTF is the point to this?
I have heard so many girls swoon over the characters, like this is the true meaning of being a masochist.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 10, 2016 11:25 AM

Mar 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:
Kuma said:
I can tell it's targeted towards women who like that vampire or fifty shades of grey bull shit. It's purely sadistic, with no sex...like WTF is the point to this?
I have heard so many girls swoon over the characters, like this is the true meaning of being a masochist.
and then "they" said that it is all man fault that woman is objectified.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 10, 2016 11:28 AM

Dec 2015
Kuma said:
KonaKoffee4 said:
and then "they" said that it is all man fault that woman is objectified.

Well it depends what you are talking about. With this particular show it appears it's written by a group of young girls who read too much fan fiction. Usually in our media (at least American media) women are highly objectified due to misogyny, but in anime the objectification isn't as profound. And like I said, skimpy clothing does not automatically mean a woman is being objectified.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 10, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
KonaKoffee4 said:
I could have turned a blind eye to DL's mediocrity if Yui was indeed just a masochist. It was clear as day she was being tortured, abused, and victimized. And yet they were trying to ignore that and make her genuinely interested in the lives of her captors. You know who does that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
Jan 10, 2016 11:35 AM

Dec 2015
I wouldn't really say it offends me, no. If a character has big boobs, they have big boobs. It's rare for me to prefer a design with boobs that are so big that I'd consider them especially unproportionate, but I could never see myself getting offended over something like that. Like, it wouldn't even make sense.

As for skimpy clothes, again...why would I get offended over that? It would be ridiculous for me to actually be offended for a fictional character being into showing their body off by design. If someone walks in on them changing clothes, again, why get offended over that? I don't see how any of what you said could logically transfer to me personally being offended.

If they had a character that the anime bluntly said was a representation of me, like, by name or whatever, and was making me out to be a bad person or something, and assuming it wasn't some sort of satire from a friend or something for comedic purposes... Then sure, I guess I could see myself getting offended over that. But like...the things you said? I feel sorry for anyone who would get offended over things so removed and unrelated.

Like, even if I was someone who takes things way too personally... What's wrong with there being big breasted women? Are big breasted women not allowed to be shown or something? Now that would be offensive. And skimpy clothes? What is this? The age of the puritans? A girl can display as much flesh as she wants, whoever tries to tell me to cover up deserves a slap.

As for someone walking in on someone getting dressed, for one, it depends a lot on the relationship between those involved and the context of the situation. But even when it is someone being forceful or rude, it's a part of the story being told. Getting offended over that would be like getting offended over someone dieing in a murder movie. It would make no sense.

I feel like this reply has turned into a rant almost, but I really am honestly baffled at the notion being proposed.
(ʘ ཀ ) Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Mᴇ—sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Yᴏᴜ ( ཀ ʘ)
Jan 10, 2016 11:39 AM

Sep 2015
CatSoul said:
ItsMaz said:

Wow. Who comes up with that...
KonaKoffee4 said:

The first two episodes I thought it was extremely bad, but after finishing it...yea.. Not only is it offensive but the writing absolutely sucks.

Yeah from what you've all said it sounds quite crap. I'm kind of intrigued now; want to watch it just to see how shitty it could be.
Jan 10, 2016 11:39 AM

Dec 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
KonaKoffee4 said:
I could have turned a blind eye to DL's mediocrity if Yui was indeed just a masochist. It was clear as day she was being tortured, abused, and victimized. And yet they were trying to ignore that and make her genuinely interested in the lives of her captors. You know who does that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

That's why I gave it such a low rating. They were trying to make the anime into this whole bondage, sexy, masochist thing, but it was purely torture. Then, as you said, they tried to play it off as if the character's Stockholm syndrome was her way of "caring"...
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 10, 2016 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
No I don't find offensive. I even like ecchi and harem.
Jan 10, 2016 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
ItsMaz said:
CatSoul said:

KonaKoffee4 said:

Yeah from what you've all said it sounds quite crap. I'm kind of intrigued now; want to watch it just to see how shitty it could be.

Just so you have an idea of what you're getting into, one of the characters nicknames the girl "bitch-chan".

Yea.....
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 10, 2016 11:45 AM

Mar 2014
No, I don't get offended

Unless said anime is offensively bad, that is
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 10, 2016 11:47 AM

Apr 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
One thing I may be offended about is how stupid some of protagonist are, they don't deserve most of those girls, seriously.

This. This is why i started reading yuri.
Fewer harems too.

Edit: As seems somewhat customary in this thread, I am a guy so my opinion holds little merit,
OhMyGeckoJan 10, 2016 11:51 AM
Jan 10, 2016 11:48 AM

Dec 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:
ItsMaz said:

Just so you have an idea of what you're getting into, one of the characters nickn
ames the girl "bitch-chan".

Yea.....

Never seen this Diabolical Lovers anime. I might check it out to see how bad it is. Will I get a good laugh from it at least?
Jan 10, 2016 11:48 AM
May 2013
I like boobs most of the time in anime.
I think it's because my own boobs are rather small, so when I see the way anime girls' boobs defy gravity I feel better with myself. It makes me calm for some reason ???

Sometimes they are a little too much though, but then I get angry because they are in the way in a show I probably could enjoy. I also get angry when they underdress girls, because that's unnecessary.

I do miss more well-written girls though. That's mostly when I read shoujo tho', as all the girls seems to have the same personality?
Jan 10, 2016 11:49 AM

Dec 2012

@ Topic - a little bit of the reverse, but as a straight male I am not the least bit bothered by sexualized men or manservice in general. Particularly calling upon Free! for an example, really nothing to get riled up over unless you're fat and jealous of these chiseled pretty boys.

That's probably why I don't really see the point in girls getting offended over it either. Unless the show is clearly sending a message that it wants you to get on all 4s and submit to the patriarch, it's really just entertainment at the end of the day.
Jan 10, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2015
Starla_Fox said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

Just so you have an idea of what you're getting into, one of the characters nickn
ames the girl "bitch-chan".

Yea.....

Never seen this Diabolical Lovers anime. I might check it out to see how bad it is. Will I get a good laugh from it at least?

lol by the 5th episode it gets the point where you throw your hands up and accept it for what it is. Like...the way the characters do and say the things they do is so stupid, and you can tell they were trying WWAAAYYYYY too hard with the whole "I'm a mysterious sparkly, sadistic vampire douche who calls you a bitch". lmao I mean, seriously who writes this stuff?
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 10, 2016 11:51 AM

May 2014
even though I'm bisexual, I just try and ignore fanservice. It usually goes well, but sometimes when it goes over the top I just start to get sick of it. It's great to take a break with yaoi to distract myself with some bishies, but honestly I understand the nature of the shounen genre and I try and enjoy it the best I can without the influence of in your face fanservice.
Jan 10, 2016 11:52 AM

Dec 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:

lol that's some grade A dialogue right there.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 10, 2016 12:16 PM

Sep 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

lol that's some grade A dialogue right there.

I just saw that it has a rating of 5.9. Given that most MAL users seem to treat 7/10 as 'meh, average' a 5.9 score is low AF LOL. This should be good.
Jan 10, 2016 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
It's quite simple really. I don't watch those shows.
Jan 10, 2016 12:45 PM

Sep 2015
As a guy, I like it until it gets out of hand or just way too ridiculous. Especially when it's in a somewhat serious setting. *cough cough* High School of the Dead. (Although that isn't a very serious anime.)
Jan 10, 2016 12:45 PM
Apr 2015
I watch harems and ecchi etc and I don't find them the least bit offensive. I don't go actively searching for them though. I get a good laugh out of it and some of them are quite good. So short answer no. I like them for a lulzy time
Jan 10, 2016 12:54 PM

Jul 2015
Usually I'm irritated if there's fanservice in shows that aren't ecchi. Especially if it's that "now let's throw this woman's melons in the viewer's face"
If the fanservice is subtle and they don't make a big deal about it, then it doesn't bother me that much.
Jan 10, 2016 1:00 PM
Jun 2015
I don't really mind it but it's not something I intentionally seek out either. I've noticed I do tend to stay away from the ecchi genre, there really isn't much to it other than that really. :I

Salinga said:
Do guys gets offended from the stereotypes and tropes portrayed in reverse harems and romantic comedies?

I lol'd at this XD Good question actually
Jan 10, 2016 1:21 PM

Apr 2015
Nah, it doesn't offend me but I do get annoyed sometimes when I'm watching a show not labeled as echii that flaunts a girl's over-sized boobs/butt at random times. *cough* K *cough* I mean, a little fan-service is fine, but if it's so exaggerated or there are so many camera shots of a girl's boobs/butt in a single episode....ugh, no. But I tend to stay away from echii shows anyways, so meh. Skimpy clothing, I don't really care about. Now awkward scenes where the the guy walks in on girls changing? Well, I'll just facepalm at how cliche that is and ignore it. But now that I think about it, it's been a while since I've watched a show with a scene like that.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 10, 2016 1:23 PM

Jan 2015
I only get annoyed when I see horrible boob physics and when clothes look like they're sucked vacuum around the boobs.

not really NSFW but spoiler anywayz
Jan 10, 2016 1:28 PM

Jun 2011
I wonder if it's any different to ask if manservice offends guys, and it shouldn't.
Jan 10, 2016 1:29 PM

Mar 2015
Josine said:
I only get annoyed when I see horrible boob physics and when clothes look like they're sucked vacuum around the boobs.

open spoiler hoping epic bullet avioded boobs in HOTD, dissapointed.
Jan 10, 2016 1:30 PM

Dec 2015
Offensive , no

Ridiculous and sometimes sad and over the top , yes
Jan 10, 2016 1:34 PM

Oct 2015
does my opinion matter? whatever..
I really hate fanservice when it's in animes that are not ecchi, those giant breasts make the charakter apeal stupid to me, even if she's not.
And damn, that GC scene- unnecessary as hell
Jan 10, 2016 1:38 PM
Apr 2011
I don't see why people would get offended by a work of fiction.

If female anime fans really hated fan service before being offended I imagine they just stop watching said show, but even then there are plenty of males who equally hate fan service.

As somebody whos more indifferent to fan service aslong as said show remains funny and/or intresting for me then I don't really care. Also fan service is literally everywhere in anime for all genders to love, hate or not care about.
Jan 10, 2016 1:44 PM
Aug 2014
Not offended by it, but I don't think it enhances anime either, so I tend to steer clear of Ecchi/Harems where it's the driving force behind those shows.
Jan 10, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2008
I'm not offended by it, although it does get annoying sometimes.
Jan 10, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2015
Kuma said:
Josine said:

open spoiler hoping epic bullet avioded boobs in HOTD, dissapointed.

Was thinking about that too, but haven't seen that show.
Jan 10, 2016 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
I am fine with the existence of shows that are not aimed at me, so ecchi or harem shows don't offend me - I simply don't watch them. Though, of course, their existence may be reflective of some not so good tendencies in the modern pop-culture, but that's another thing.

What I've started to detest lately is when male-oriented fanservice is treated like a normal state of events and added mindlessly, like, for example, when you have a half-consistent fantasy-world, not centered around ecchi, and male characters look fine, but every female defies common sense and goes around in stripper garb and on high heels. It's just... no, it's not offensive, it's depressing to look at for the sheer stupidity of it, and it's so old and beaten. It breaks immersion too. A good example would be that priestess chick from Arslan Senki. I just can't... You just don't go travelling on a horse in such clothes. Like - why? It's as if a guy was going around solely in glitter and with a flower up his ass, and everybody just rolled with it as if it was fine. Make some clever fanservice scenes, if you want to show her tits, not this.
Well, I can overlook it, if there's something good besides it, but it seriously is detrimental to my enjoyment of an anime or a manga.
deadoptimistJan 10, 2016 2:01 PM
Jan 10, 2016 2:01 PM
Aug 2010
AnyaOtaku said:
mechaisntweeaboo said:
Girls shouldn't be allowed to watch anime, and I think if anything anime portrays guys in a more unrealistic light than girls. Girls are only interested in flaming homosexual yaoi traps and dykes thanks to anime.

This is actually a lot more offensive than anything I've seen anime say about women. Yes, obviously women shouldn't be allowed to watch anime as it will cause all of us to become yaoi-obsessed lesbians, and the much more mentally capable men of the world won't have any walking sex machines for themselves.
wow. that is so exaggerated it's kinda funny.

i feel like this is brought up a lot. even though i don't think ecchi bothers too many female viewers, i don't see the problem with some being against it. there are guys out there that think free! or some other sports anime is a threat to their masculinity or something. people like different things and it's ok.

ecchi doesn't offend me. it just bothers me if the characters are only used for weird boob jiggles and panty shots without any characterization or contribution to the story. so i just won't watch it. if you do, good for you.
MikotobaJan 10, 2016 2:06 PM
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Jan 10, 2016 2:33 PM
Oct 2013
As a girl, ecchi doesn't offend me and it doesn't bother me unless it's over the top. What you see in most shounen animes is acceptable, I would say.

What really annoys and offends me, however, are stupid girls in reverse harems (or any other genre of anime really) who are pushed around by the male characters and can't stand up for themselves (I haven't seen Diabolic Lovers and after all those comments before, I'm pretty sure it will stay unwatched). I do like reverse harems, but I'd love to see a female lead that doesn't fall into the arms of all 20 boys sooner or later.

As for animes like Free!, while I do agree that it's not among the deepest animes, it's one of my favourites because of the characters, not the fanservice.
Jan 10, 2016 2:42 PM

Oct 2014
I'm a male and I'm offended by shounen ai and reverse harems.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

31 by Cronosmu »»
4 minutes ago

» Similar sounding Anime opening/ending songs

erikkamirs - May 3, 2020

10 by karsonardoe »»
4 minutes ago

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

13 by Zimmu »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 9 hours ago

35 by Cronosmu »»
18 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

50 by TsutanaiFuun »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.