Forum Settings
Forums

What summer animes are you guys watching and what are you looking forward to most?

New
Jul 12, 2012 7:45 AM

Mar 2012
Of the new summer animes, I'm watching Sword Art Online, Arcana Famiglia, Campione!, and Dog Days'.

Of those four, I'm probably looking forward to Sword Art Online the most. I love it's semi-dark, twisted plot. Music is really good too (love the OP).
Jul 12, 2012 7:54 AM

Jan 2012
Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita are the best ones so far and Sword Art Online was decent I guess.

Still a pretty damn bad season from what I've seen.
Jul 12, 2012 7:56 AM
Jan 2012
I'm reading the SAO light novels so that I can get to the anime, and I'm watching these:

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita: 3
Tari Tari: 3
Utakoi: 3
Binbougami ga!: 2
Natsuyuki Rendezvous: 2
Campione!: 2
H ga dekinai!: 2
Oda Nobuna no Yabou: 2
Joshiraku: 2
Moyashimon Returns: 2

(Number depicts the "next episode" I need to watch)
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is probably my favorite this season. Two very very entertaining first episodes and it seems like a very "food for thought" anime.
Tari Tari was a pleasant surprise, I really liked the first episode (second one not so much) but I'll hang in there. Nice slice-of-life, it seems.
Utakoi is nice, funny and I always appreciate anime that take place in past Japan.
Binbougami is hilarious. Loved the first episode, it's probably #2 for me this season.
Natsuyuki Rendezvous looks very promising, very adult characters put in a very adult (but weird) situation. Looking forward to see how it develops, too, it seems like it has potential for drams.
Campione and H ga dekinai are both kinda generic, but Campione's latter half of the first episode was pretty cool, I have kinda high expectations for it now.
Oda Nobuna is about cute chicks. So is Joshiraku, unless you understand all the Japanese puns being thrown around, and Moyashimon is Moyashimon.

So basically, Jinrui, Binbougami and Natsuyuki are my picks of the season. With honorable mentions to Tari Tari, Utakoi and (maybe) Campione.
Jul 12, 2012 7:58 AM

Mar 2012
GuZ said:
Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita are the best ones so far and Sword Art Online was decent I guess.

Usually the summer season is. I remember last year the ONLY good anime airing during the summer was Steins;Gate...which did sort of make up for it considering how great Steins;Gate was. However, other than S;G, it was a pretty lackluster season.
Jul 12, 2012 8:01 AM
Jan 2012
Toucanbird said:
GuZ said:

Usually the summer season is. I remember last year the ONLY good anime airing during the summer was Steins;Gate...which did sort of make up for it considering how great Steins;Gate was. However, other than S;G, it was a pretty lackluster season.

Allow me to disagree! Usagi Drop and Natsume Yuujinchou San aired during last summer. Tiger & Bunny and Hanasaku Iroha were also airing, IIRC. Even though they started in the spring like Steins;Gate.
Jul 12, 2012 8:04 AM

Mar 2012
VIStrings said:
Toucanbird said:
GuZ said:

Allow me to disagree! Usagi Drop and Natsume Yuujinchou San aired during last summer. Tiger & Bunny and Hanasaku Iroha were also airing, IIRC. Even though they started in the spring like Steins;Gate.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Usagi Drop.

I didn't see any of the other three you mentioned although I did watch a little bit of Tiger & Bunny and thought it seemed ridiculous.
Jul 12, 2012 10:14 AM

Mar 2009
I actually enjoyed the Spring 2012 line up and found my first 10 in 2 years, Jormungand. Also liked Zetman but it was no 10.

Haven't started any yet but I'm looking at:
Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi
Hakuouki Reimeiroku (Have enjoyed its predecessors)
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Kingdom
Moyashimon
Muv-Luv Alternative
Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Looking most forward to Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 and hoping it will be handled better than Ozma
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jul 12, 2012 2:44 PM
Oct 2010
The ones I am most interested in this season are

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (social/political satire #1)

Joshiraku (social/political satire #2, expect slow releases due to the near impenetrability of the script)

Natsuyuki Rendezvous (interesting mix of romance and supernatural elements, cute adults doing cute adult things, but I don't think it's the new Sakamichi no Apollon; hopefully, I am wrong)

Moyashimon (even more educational than the first season so far; coupled with my love for liquor, this is a must watch for me).
Jul 12, 2012 4:20 PM

Jul 2012
Right now I'm watching Hyouka, which I have a feeling is going to be a painful watch. Sword Art Online I actually have some pretty high expectations for, despite the terrible hype that people gave it when it was coming out/came out. Tari Tari I'm also watching right now. It's nothing all that special, right now it's just passing at average for me. Yuru Yuri ♪♪ is going to be the highlight of my summer this summer season.

So yeah, looking the most forward to SAO and Yuru Yuri ♪♪.
Jul 12, 2012 5:34 PM

Aug 2011
I'm watching 4 new shows.

Arcana Famiglia - Well, it's obviously aimed for females. It is an otome game adaptation, after all. It's kind of my guilty pleasure for this season, except I probably will end up dropping it.

Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. - This is pretty cute, being a historical romance. It's episodic too, which can be a plus or a minus.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - THE BEST SHOW AIRING THIS SEASON. Yup, I said it.

Sword Art Online - Grossly overrated. It's not THAT good, but it's decent. I'll hope for some gory player v.s. player killing or something, not just killing stupid green pigs and levelling up.

Hmm, I may check out Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita based on what people are saying about it right now. Although it looks very... dull.
Jul 12, 2012 7:15 PM

Jun 2009
itsvero said:

Hmm, I may check out Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita based on what people are saying about it right now. Although it looks very... dull.

Ha, ha.... "dull" is one thing Jinrui definitely is not. Particularly the second episode.

The only ones I've watched is Yuru Yuri ♪♪, Kokoro Connect, Moyashimon Returns, and Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. Yuru Yuri, which is actually funnier than the first season, and Jinrui are my favorites but I liked the first episodes of the other two.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 12, 2012 7:15 PM

Aug 2011
Sword Art Online - easily the one I look forward to the most, as I am a biased fan of the novels.
Tari Tari - nothing special, but pretty good.
Kokoro Connect - good concept, and I found the first episode very interesting.
Dog Days' - liked the first season, something I can relax to.
Also stuff from last season that are still going on.

Thinking about giving Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita a go, but not so sure yet.
Jul 12, 2012 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is rather good...still this year has yet to come close to the level of greatness that was 2011.
Jul 12, 2012 7:46 PM

Mar 2011
Uta Koi is pretty good. Seems to be a bit underrated, but it's worth your time.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Jul 12, 2012 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
I'm watching Joshiraku and Tanken Driland only. Joshiraku is really funny, but it's all about moe. As for Tanken Driland, the first episode was kind of boring and the art is not my type. I'm planning to check out other anime of this season.
Jul 12, 2012 8:31 PM

May 2011
I'm hooked with Hyouka
Jul 12, 2012 9:32 PM

Feb 2012
itsvero said:
Natsuyuki Rendezvous - THE BEST SHOW AIRING THIS SEASON. Yup, I said it.

I have to agree, though slightly less passionately.
Jul 12, 2012 9:38 PM

Aug 2010
Sword Art Online
Jul 12, 2012 9:56 PM

Feb 2012
I'm currently watching from the new shows:

Arcana Famiglia
Binbougami ga!
Campione!
Chitose Get You!
Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai
Dog Days'
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Joshiraku
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Sword Art Online
Tanken Driland
Tari Tari

So far, I like all of them except for Tanken Driland. Some I find weird but entertaining :D
Jul 12, 2012 10:36 PM

Oct 2008
Already started:
Moyashimon Returns
Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Plan to check out:
Arcana Famiglia
Kingdom
Jul 12, 2012 10:45 PM

Nov 2011
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is the only show that has my attention this summer and it is great. I may pick up SAO and others if my mood is good.
The Art of Eight
Jul 13, 2012 11:24 AM
Jul 2012
Sword Art Online.
Jul 13, 2012 3:42 PM

Jun 2012
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita and Joshiraku
also shirokuma cafe, but a bit less.

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Jul 13, 2012 4:10 PM

Jun 2012
Arcana Famiglia and Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
Jul 13, 2012 4:34 PM
Jul 2012
Well, I've heard rumors of a third season of Code Geass coming out this summer. Not sure if that is true though.
Jul 14, 2012 12:25 PM

Mar 2012
Arkiu said:
I'm hooked with Hyouka
Technically speaking, that's a spring anime that's running through the summer season, but I agree, it's probably my favorite show so far this year.
Jul 14, 2012 12:36 PM

Mar 2012
SAO
Hunter x Hunter yorkshin arc <3
End Zionazism

More topics from this board

» Looking for trash anime

Ashik01 - 5 hours ago

3 by JoeChip »»
35 minutes ago

» Looking for hidden gems that will hook me in the first epsiode

Dragosama - 10 hours ago

3 by ST63LTH »»
1 hour ago

» Girls in striped stockings (black-pink pattren)

Nagi_Karman - 4 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Manga Recomendations

MrShroomzyy - Yesterday

5 by H_Castaigne »»
3 hours ago

» Worst anime ever?

Weltman - Yesterday

4 by Saiunknown »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.