Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 6, 2015 11:09 PM

Nov 2011
Uncle needs to die.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 26, 2015 4:32 PM

Nov 2011
I hate that piece of shit uncle. Anyways Damn that Sonozaki Influence though.

In the back of my head I kept thinking Keiichi is just going to randomly say "May I have you're granddaughter's hand in marriage." o_o
I guess I've been reading too much Mion X K1 fanfics
Dec 26, 2016 1:32 PM
Mar 2016
This show took a turn from Season 1. I'm really impressed by how this show decided to take a turn from a constant blood bath to something a little bit darker and more focused. Like, the deaths of S1 were incredible but this show knows how to build on just one tragic event (better than any show I've seen).
Mar 27, 2017 1:36 AM
Nov 2015
I think the stretch of protest and lobbying and procedure in this arc is kind of boring
Apr 24, 2020 3:57 AM

Feb 2018
Onibaba is so scary, xD.
May 6, 2020 7:38 PM
Apr 2019
So the uncle has legit the entire district on his ass; this arc is going too well i'm getting even more hyped to see how it concludes
May 28, 2020 4:25 AM

May 2018
Keiichi can do this!
Jun 27, 2020 11:14 PM

Apr 2020
Poor Satoko :<
But, Keichi on the rescue. Some scene are cringy but it's a decent episode.
I think shit will happen in the next ep. Dang.
Jul 17, 2020 7:08 PM

Aug 2018
They are so close to saving Satoko, they even have basically the entire village! They can do this!!

Sep 22, 2020 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
Once they won over the Sonozaki family they won the war I guess, these peopel are just too powerful and scary. Next episode will be veeeeeery interesting...
Oct 26, 2020 9:24 AM
Oct 2019
Keiichi seek help from Council and Sonozaki Family...
The confrontation between Keiichi and Onibaba are so good 🔥

Fucking Teppei, stop the child abuse!!!

I'm so impressed by how deep I am invested to the story, very well writing....
Nov 5, 2020 5:56 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmao. It was so delightful seeing all peoples around him changed at their free will. I guess, Keiichi really had a great job at his speech, even with his confrontation against onibaba. At the very end, even that devil old woman acknowledged his effort and take a liking toward him too. Lol. Which was means? Yeah, the whole village now at Keiichi hands to the moves for the sake of Satoko safety , after the whole rejection they had before.

Its already confirmed, Sonozaki family had a reciprocal relationship with the local government, at the reason behind their massive passive activity toward Satoko's problem. Since the relations already broken by the extreme level of effort Keiichi showed at these episode, to the village council in general, even to the highest leader of the village, Sonozaki family. Everything already reversed very shockingly. Yeah, all of their struggle finally met a good results.

But, at the same time, a poor little girl already at her limits. Could she survived till the last minute? Also, interesting when i heard about Rika story; there were a possibility where Keiichi didn't even come to the village, twice. Its became a great sadness life ever she fell, she said. I wonder if they ever show that situations as the result of the meaning behind these arc name? Lol. Lets see the next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 18, 2020 3:16 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, Keiichi managed to convince Oryo. That is fucking amazing, to the point even that she wants them to help Keiichi if he ever needed anything. I guess telling someone that your bashing their head is a strong argument lmao.

Sonozaki's influence though, they are powerful as shit. Now I wonder how shit will turn south, I am very excited.
Apr 21, 2021 9:18 PM

Feb 2018
bioshockbarbie said:
SapphireStar26 said:

news flash... it is :'D Just b/c it doesn't have the violent killings and blood that doesn't mean it's "not higurashi" this is the season of higurashi where everything is supposed to be answered and everyone fights against "fate." More random violent killings would just create more questions and more obstacles for the characters to overcome while trying to destroy fate. Use your head.

news flash....people ARE entitled to their own opinion ya know :'D

I mean, that's the same thing as saying Steins;Gate, NGE, Madoka Magica and other shows with thematic/tonal/plot shifts aren't the same series just because they changed after a certain point. All 37 episodes of Death Note are still Death Note regardless of quality or what you want it to be. It is what it is. Not understanding the point of the show/change in it doesn't mean that it isn't the same show, and there are countless other anime, movies and tv shows if you just want a 24/7 gorefest.
TheFlyingOrangeApr 21, 2021 9:22 PM
Dec 11, 2021 11:25 PM
Jul 2021
lets go Sonozaki family is not to be messed with; if they are your ally then no one can stop you. i really like Mion's mom cant wait for the next episode
Dec 19, 2021 10:42 PM

Aug 2020
Couldn't they check Satoko's physical health condition and see that she has bruises all over her body from her uncle? Well, I guess they had to go through this length to save her.

And for once, granny ain't annoying.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 6, 2022 3:30 PM
Nov 2020
Goddamn, a straight up protest. My man Keichii got hella big balls and charisma. Still, I wonder what was stopping the director guy from appealing it and hiding from them. Maybe it has some connection to Rika's killer I presume. Please don't let anything bad happen to Satako in the meantime that they're calling her uncle.
Jun 7, 2022 4:20 PM
Mar 2014
Considering where we are in the season and the name of this arc, there is no way it won't end badly. Maybe better than previous arcs to give Rika some hope for what I presume is the next final arc. My original thought was that Mion or Satoko will snap considering that we haven't seen either one do anything in the first season compared to Kei, Shion and Rena who took the spotlight.

At this point, however, there is a good chance that Satoko will die because of the abuse or potentially become the killer if she snaps. Not sure how it'll become a massacre, but maybe some big event will get looped in as a result of this. Perhaps upon dying, the village will become frantic afterwards due to them failing a village member and that will cause chaos to be unleashed.
Jul 16, 2022 5:30 AM

May 2016
In the end the head of the village had to make the move... I hate this world where you need the help of the higher ups do to something small.

I hope its not too late I fear that some bad shit gonna happen.
May 25, 2023 11:42 PM
Oct 2022
It's hard to watch this and not get the feels. That uncle is definitely one of the evilest anime characters of all time, and hopefully, he will get what's coming to him. Although, with the name Masscure I still don't know, something is bound to go wrong
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Apr 2022
If all that people went to Satoko's house instead, her uncle would've already run away out of fear. Too much drama.
Things went suspiciously well but there's still 14 more episodes, I'm scared.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.