Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2012 3:17 PM
Jun 2012
Hi

After a friend showed me the enormous amount of animes that i could see thanks to streams i have been searching for good romance animes with happy endings ( i hate when they end in a sad way and i get sad myself which is something i ain't looking for in my entertainment)

Animes i have seen that have somekind of romance

Angel Beats
Chrono crusade
Clannad
Clannad after story
DN Angel
EF - a tale of memories
Elemental gelade
Fate - stay night
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
H2O: fottprints in the sand
Kanon (2006)
Kaze no stigma
Onegai twins
Shakugan no shana 1,2,3
Toradora!
Zero no tsukaima 1,2,3,4

i could write a whole essay about what i like/dislike about all of them but since people most often don't wanna read a a wall of text ( myself included in many cases) i have compiled a list of things

Things i would like the anime to have ( not necessary but it's a plus if they have it) in the anime

Progress through the anime. many of the ones i have seen are romance/action or fantasy but as long as the plot moves on and evolves i am fully ok if it is a romance/drama ( Clannad is a great example, it is a romance/drama anime but it nevers stops and it flows really well).

Obvious couple. I am not really a fan of love triangles, it just feels like the story got to slow down to make sure all parties get their time. For example some of the bits of shakugan no shana where the story almost stops just to make sure that both the girls get their time with the guy and so on. this doesn't mean that there can't be more than one girl/guy who likes the main character. for example zero no tsukaima i feel even though there are many girls after sait, still focuses on his and louise relation ( that anime is a bit over the top alot of the time).

Active personalities. I don't like when one of the two parts are extreamly quiet or especially EMOTIONLESS. I was afraid that the main girl in Clannad would be like that at first but she developed in a nice way, but i was no fan of Saber in Fate - Stay Night. the question is why i didn't have any problem with the main female in Elemental gelade...

Not super long. i am not really looking for an anime which is over something like 150 episodes.

looks somewhat like the animes i have already whatched. there is certain styles that i really can't stand but if u imagine somewhat like the ones in the list then i think u get a pretty good idea of what i like

Hope these points give u and idea of what i am looking for. As i said the only necessary thing is that it got a happy ending, so if anyone knows of a anime like that then post it, a short eplenation is appreciated but absolutely not necessary.

The only thing i don't want is just a list of romance animes just taken from some site, i have been searching for happy ending romance animes before and one i got out of that was Chrono crusade. I don't care what anyone says, according to me that anime got one of the saddest endings ever, so please don't just send a list of romance animes of all kinds, if i want that i can find it myself :)
Jul 1, 2012 3:29 PM

Sep 2009
Candy Boy.
Jul 1, 2012 3:37 PM

Jan 2011
dc da capo... It's simply the best romantic anime there is.
Jul 1, 2012 3:48 PM

Dec 2011
Kimi ni Todoke (2nd season is where all the romance really is)
Nodame Cantabile > NC Paris > NC Finale (long but amazingly well done romantic comedy)
Lovely Complex
Hanasakeru Seishounen
Special A
Itazura na Kiss
Jul 1, 2012 3:54 PM

Jul 2011
Ano natsu de matteru
Tasogare otome x amnesia
True Tears

Jul 1, 2012 3:57 PM

Nov 2011
Candy Boy is a yuri but it does have a lot of similarities to Clannad.

I personally thought the romance in Kaichou wa Maid-sama was great, but it's shoujo and you seem to prefer harems like Clannad and Ef. But give Kaichou a shot, it's great and both characters have a LOT of personality.

You would probably enjoy Utawarerumono quite a bit.

If you like yuri, I would try El Cazador de la Bruja. I thought the romance in it was very sweet and both characters are great.
Jul 1, 2012 4:02 PM

Apr 2012
Ef- A Tale of Melodies
Jul 1, 2012 5:42 PM
Mar 2010
I can't recommend a love based anime more than Lovely Complex. Let me begin by saying I have seen this anime well over 7 times (once back to back). If you like Toradora, you're likely to like Lovely Complex. The characters are somewhat alike, the premise at the beginning is also somewhat alike, but the characters and the plot spurs into something completely different. This anime is great for a lot of audiences because it has a lot of comedy. But the comedy doesn't take away from the romance. It's called Lovely Complex for a reason. Love Com. Love Comedy. So love and comedy are its main exports. Besides that, the two mains Otani and Risa are probably my favorite anime paring. They're great characters apart, and they're great characters together. The road is bumpy, but hell, it's fun. I hope you check it out.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Jul 6, 2012 3:28 PM
Jun 2012
wow this is much more than i thought i would get :)

first i just wanna appoligise for not responding, i have been busy at work hehe... I been looking at all suggestions and i also finished Special A just the other day. Good one, bit slow and the ending could have told a little more but overall a great anime.

i have started to watch da capo but i feel that right now i am looking for something with more action in ( i will still finish all of da capo cause i think that what i have seen have been good). so if anyone got any suggestions that fit the things i mentioned before but with a more action oriented ( still romnace) story. no love triangles would be appreciated but not a must.

i hope i will get many good suggestions and i am very grateful for the ones i already got. I have added several of the suggestions to my to watch list and if anyone got suggesstions just post them, the longer the list the better ^^
Jul 6, 2012 3:38 PM

Jan 2008
Eureka Seven
Jul 7, 2012 4:01 AM

Apr 2009
Please fill out your list ASAP, because that can help a ton when giving recommendations!

Anycase, seconding Lovely Complex

Toradora!
Kimi ni Todoke
Victorian Romance Emma
Spice and Wolf
Tatami Galaxy
Kuragehime
Ouran Host Club
Planetes
Sakamichi no Apollon
Summer Wars
Kobato

Out of these, I think Planetes, Summer Wars, Spice and Wolf, and Tatami Galaxy might be for that action itch you have, but all end on a good note.
Jul 7, 2012 4:18 AM

Jul 2011
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10397/Mashiroiro_Symphony:_The_Color_of_Lovers

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 7, 2012 4:32 AM

Feb 2012
I would go with Kaichou wa Maid~Sama although it doesn't actually "end" in the anime ( the manga keeps going ) it's funny and, has light romance which I enjoyed. There is also Spice and, Wolf which is also very good!
Jul 15, 2012 3:29 PM
Jun 2012
once again i am sorry for not replying for such a long time but i am still working and so on. thanks for all the new suggestions and as i said, keep them coming. i always look at all the suggestions i get and if i feel that they seem good or if many suggests it or my friend suggest it to i'll make sure to add it to my list of animes to watch.

since i got some suggestions for Kaichou wa Maid-sama! and my friend suggested it too i'll be watching it next. I have just finished watching spice and wolf ( both seasons)
After that i think i will see Lovely complex and then possibly finish Da capo.

there is more of the suggestions that i know i will see but right now i am a bit to tired to remember them all. on a side note i think i have come to the conclusion that one of my preferences is "no love triangles" i just ain't so fond of them. that doens't mean however that just because an anime have love triangles you shoudn't suggest it, the only DEMAND i got is that it ends happily, all other things are preferences so just keep all those suggestions coming and once again thanks for all the help i got so far :)
Dec 7, 2012 12:59 PM

Nov 2012
Yo, gamewolf...Ive watched Clannad, After Story, Special A, Toradora, Zero no Tsukaima n Shakugan no shana (finished Final a couple minutes ago) Itazura na Kiss, Hayate no Gotoku etc etc..n i kinda noe wat ur gettin at....

I like the meaningful romances with proper development of storyline, lovable characters and perfectly satisfying endings...

With the JC Staff signature unmistakable, Toradora, Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana have endings that deliver the nice, happy but to me, slightly off endings...

Ive seen a lot of anime listed when romance was asked for but not once have i seen my second favorite anime mentioned. It loses out to Clannad (Clannad and After Story are at the top coz of the sheer power of the script and supremely perfect delivery of every favorable element in an anime...the powerful emotion, reflection and self reflection it provokes..it basically changed my life)...but i havent seen an story as satisfyingly happy (not the rainbows n butterflies n unicorns stuff that ive seen so often......nor the gloom n doom n the end of the world stuff either...million miles away, in fact)... and providing a fully unrepenting watch as this yet.

Check out Midori no Hibi n tell me what you guys think.
Dec 7, 2012 7:22 PM

Aug 2012
I agree Kimi ni todoke - one of the best romance I've ever seen
Dec 8, 2012 5:56 AM
Feb 2012
dragonaut the resonance
Dec 8, 2012 6:19 AM

Oct 2012
School daze
Dec 8, 2012 6:22 AM

Aug 2012
Eureka 7, but it's like 50 episodes. Still very beautiful romantic development.

ef- a tale of melodies, but i wouldnt say its happy.

Tasogare otome x amnesia

Steins; Gate
Dec 8, 2012 6:39 AM

May 2009
maybe you should check the date of op before posting
Dec 8, 2012 9:53 AM

Aug 2012

bokura ga ita,seriously, nothing else
Dec 23, 2012 3:55 AM
Feb 2012
sword art its one of the great anime and they do end up together..A happy ending
m into romantic anime too and that has a happy ending so i recommend this one you should watch it..its a really good anime.
Dec 23, 2012 4:19 AM
Dec 2012
Tasogare Otome Amnesia: It's a horror anime, but fundamentaly powerful romance with a happy ending. You will cry in the end.
May 26, 2013 10:01 PM
Dec 2012
Gamewolf said:
Hi

After a friend showed me the enormous amount of animes that i could see thanks to streams i have been searching for good romance animes with happy endings ( i hate when they end in a sad way and i get sad myself which is something i ain't looking for in my entertainment)

Animes i have seen that have somekind of romance

Angel Beats
Chrono crusade
Clannad
Clannad after story
DN Angel
EF - a tale of memories
Elemental gelade
Fate - stay night
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
H2O: fottprints in the sand
Kanon (2006)
Kaze no stigma
Onegai twins
Shakugan no shana 1,2,3
Toradora!
Zero no tsukaima 1,2,3,4

i could write a whole essay about what i like/dislike about all of them but since people most often don't wanna read a a wall of text ( myself included in many cases) i have compiled a list of things

Things i would like the anime to have ( not necessary but it's a plus if they have it) in the anime

Progress through the anime. many of the ones i have seen are romance/action or fantasy but as long as the plot moves on and evolves i am fully ok if it is a romance/drama ( Clannad is a great example, it is a romance/drama anime but it nevers stops and it flows really well).

Obvious couple. I am not really a fan of love triangles, it just feels like the story got to slow down to make sure all parties get their time. For example some of the bits of shakugan no shana where the story almost stops just to make sure that both the girls get their time with the guy and so on. this doesn't mean that there can't be more than one girl/guy who likes the main character. for example zero no tsukaima i feel even though there are many girls after sait, still focuses on his and louise relation ( that anime is a bit over the top alot of the time).

Active personalities. I don't like when one of the two parts are extreamly quiet or especially EMOTIONLESS. I was afraid that the main girl in Clannad would be like that at first but she developed in a nice way, but i was no fan of Saber in Fate - Stay Night. the question is why i didn't have any problem with the main female in Elemental gelade...

Not super long. i am not really looking for an anime which is over something like 150 episodes.

looks somewhat like the animes i have already whatched. there is certain styles that i really can't stand but if u imagine somewhat like the ones in the list then i think u get a pretty good idea of what i like

Hope these points give u and idea of what i am looking for. As i said the only necessary thing is that it got a happy ending, so if anyone knows of a anime like that then post it, a short eplenation is appreciated but absolutely not necessary.

The only thing i don't want is just a list of romance animes just taken from some site, i have been searching for happy ending romance animes before and one i got out of that was Chrono crusade. I don't care what anyone says, according to me that anime got one of the saddest endings ever, so please don't just send a list of romance animes of all kinds, if i want that i can find it myself :)
May 26, 2013 10:07 PM

Jul 2011
May 26, 2013 10:21 PM

Mar 2012
Valkyria Chronicles (romance, supernatural, action, all that good stuff!)

Otome Youkai Zakuro (this has romance, supernatural, and a little mystery i suppose but the progress on the romance may not be as fast as you'd like.)

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (this doesn't have supernatural but it does have two completely socially awkward people trying to understand relationships and each other. I would say that there's a lot of progress in their relationship of overcoming boundaries but it may not be that over bearing love story you are looking for. I really liked it.)

Romeo x juliet (the typical romeo and juliet story with a twist. It has a bit of fantasy and is nice if you are looking for a good romance)

RahXephon ( a beautifully done romance that everyone should see)

Howl's moving castle (a romance with supernatural/magic that is also beautifully done. I loved this movie!!)

Nazo no Kanojo X (this is a weird romance, but alas it is a romance and they do overcome some barriers to get more connected. If you can overcome their weird spit swapping routine..)
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Aug 5, 2015 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
Shuffle!
Feb 16, 2016 6:26 PM
Mar 2015
Feb 16, 2016 7:31 PM

Sep 2014

Why? It wasn't terrible and at least the MC actually picks someone from his harem

Ehm can't be bothered to read all the suggestions others have made, sorry if there are any repeats. Try the following (happy endings w/ varying degrees of romance):

Golden Time (if you liked Toradora, same original author)
Steins; Gate
Kokoro Connect
Eureka Seven
Kotoura-san
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Amagami SS
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Ore Monogatari
Nagi no Asukara
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Have fun :)
Feb 17, 2016 5:01 PM
Mar 2015
VermilionBird said:

Why? It wasn't terrible and at least the MC actually picks someone from his harem

Ehm can't be bothered to read all the suggestions others have made, sorry if there are any repeats. Try the following (happy endings w/ varying degrees of romance):

Golden Time (if you liked Toradora, same original author)
Steins; Gate
Kokoro Connect
Eureka Seven
Kotoura-san
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Amagami SS
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Ore Monogatari
Nagi no Asukara
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Have fun :)
I did not like it because during all the anime it looks like he was going to end with the blonde one, but thee the other girl appears from the void and fucks the guy for no reason. the relation with the selected girl does not have any evolution

More topics from this board

» Movies

BitChilly - Yesterday

10 by TheSunLife »»
21 minutes ago

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 7 hours ago

4 by Chisuku »»
57 minutes ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

6 by mo_lave »»
4 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

34 by JoeChip »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for an Anime like the game "Rival Schools".

reigningslash - Apr 22

3 by JoeChip »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.