Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 20, 2012 4:56 PM

Jan 2011
just goes to show how useless they are without their bankais..and renji being a derp still trying to use his.
Jun 20, 2012 6:24 PM
Jun 2010
SilentTruth said:
Damn, the gotei 13 is in the pinch!

In the pinch? Oh in a pinch, noticed you liked this expression since you've used it before.

I don't know if I like how this is going. I like that people are actually getting injured and dying because it makes it more intense but this is definitely a different spin for Bleach. Maybe Kubo wasn't liking the bad ratings and decided that he should start killing off his characters and injuring them? Kira is supposedly dead and Kyoraku lost his eye and bankai. His bankai is one eyed really like to see (punny right?) I can personally see them sparing the soul society and then they challenge them again later or something (hopefully not another power up such with -kai at the end). Ichigo probably doesn't lose his bankai for a certain reason. Can't wait to find out why.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Jun 20, 2012 7:11 PM

Sep 2009
How the hell did Kyoraku get owned for that brief fight so far like that? One of the strongest taicho, defeated the 1st Espada w/o bankai, gets hurt like that against a Quincy?? I call BS. Renji with another outburst, seriously don't like that guy, too similar to Ichigo. Other than that another zzzzz chapter.

Jun 20, 2012 11:09 PM

May 2011
Kaguya said:
On the side note I was excited when I saw Grimmjow on the cover (which is a fanart).. Got trolled...

Same here! Seriously, this made my day until I found out it wasn't cannon...

--

Any way, this is going as expected. I'm still pretty interested to see how they plan on handling the situation from here though. That, and what Kenpachi, Yama-Ji and Shinji (who's Shikai is freaking overpowered) are about to do.
Jun 21, 2012 3:37 AM

May 2009
belatkuro said:
So how come Kyoraku didn't have a hole behind his head when he was shot by that Quincy?

That's because injuries never matter in Bleach.
Jun 21, 2012 7:02 AM
Jun 2012
Ollyx2OxenFree said:
SilentTruth said:
Damn, the gotei 13 is in the pinch!

In the pinch? Oh in a pinch, noticed you liked this expression since you've used it before.

I don't know if I like how this is going. I like that people are actually getting injured and dying because it makes it more intense but this is definitely a different spin for Bleach. Maybe Kubo wasn't liking the bad ratings and decided that he should start killing off his characters and injuring them? Kira is supposedly dead and Kyoraku lost his eye and bankai. His bankai is one eyed really like to see (punny right?) I can personally see them sparing the soul society and then they challenge them again later or something (hopefully not another power up such with -kai at the end). Ichigo probably doesn't lose his bankai for a certain reason. Can't wait to find out why.

Kyoraku hasn't lost his bankai.

xuezhi said:
How the hell did Kyoraku get owned for that brief fight so far like that? One of the strongest taicho, defeated the 1st Espada w/o bankai, gets hurt like that against a Quincy?? I call BS. Renji with another outburst, seriously don't like that guy, too similar to Ichigo. Other than that another zzzzz chapter.

Exaggeration much? He didn't get owned. He just got hurt. Simple the guy attacked Kyoraku avoided it and tried to attack back but the other guy released his angel mode at that second and got even faster stronger and counterattacked Kyoraku that got surprised because he didn't calculate at him going angel mode and hitting him back so fast.

Is quite annoying that most people only think of how to arrange power levels in their heads every time a fight occurs instead of seeing what is happening in the actual fight.
Jun 21, 2012 10:32 AM

Mar 2012
Kyouraku lost his eye? O_O
Everyone is in danger... That means: Orihime has a big job to do ~
Of course there is someone who doesn't need a Bankai and it is Ken-chan. ~
What a nice picture of Ichigo, Ishida & Grimmy <- I miss this guy
Do not worry, be happy ~
Jun 21, 2012 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
None of this is nothing surprising, everyone saw this coming. Get to the good stuff, I'm waiting on the inevitable Aizen-Ichigo tag team.

MATI9630 said:
Things look serious.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

I mean, Aizen*
Jun 21, 2012 1:57 PM
Jun 2012
Any way, this is going as expected. I'm still pretty interested to see how they plan on handling the situation from here though. That, and what Kenpachi, Yama-Ji and Shinji (who's Shikai is freaking overpowered) are about to do.

-Shuda- said:
Kaguya said:
On the side note I was excited when I saw Grimmjow on the cover (which is a fanart).. Got trolled...

Same here! Seriously, this made my day until I found out it wasn't cannon...

--

Yeah, I think Shinji will play a major role since his shikai can be utilized in group fighting where he can decide who it affects.
Jun 21, 2012 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
Oh please stop with that Kenpachi fanboying.
These quincy that are invading SS right now are the beings that stand the closest to Ichigo's post dangai training powerlevel and I'll dare to say that each and every one of them is at least as strong as Yama in shikai (Yama being obviously much stronger with his bankai but in a situation where he cannot use it).

Kenpachi had problem to deal against Noitora's strength, he's a tank but the fucking 5th espada's hit were hard enough for him to understand that he should not be hit by them anymore and these Quincy are in a position to hit much harder than any Espada ever did, actually probably hit even harder than what Aizen used in his last transformation stage.

These Quincy demonstrated currently unrivaled speed feat (Stark was the fastest espada and even him couldn't speedblitz Kyouraku as much as that Quincy just did).
Quincy are also Kenpachi's nemesis. They excel in keeping a distance and nuking anything far from them, Kenpachi doesn't have the speed necessary to close the gap so he would just take hit until he die.

Yama can hold on, Shinji probably can because of the ability of his shikai but not because of his physical capabilities and Ichigo is the only one in a position to destroy the invaders with raw physical capabilities.
The question is how long can they hold on? Because as long as Ichigo isn't here they are doomed to get killed.
Jun 21, 2012 2:48 PM
Jun 2012
Maddo_scientisto said:
These quincy that are invading SS right now are the beings that stand the closest to Ichigo's post dangai training powerlevel and I'll dare to say that each and every one of them is at least as strong as Yama in shikai (Yama being obviously much stronger with his bankai but in a situation where he cannot use it).

Kenpachi had problem to deal against Noitora's strength, he's a tank but the fucking 5th espada's hit were hard enough for him to understand that he should not be hit by them anymore and these Quincy are in a position to hit much harder than any Espada ever did, actually probably hit even harder than what Aizen used in his last transformation stage.

These Quincy demonstrated currently unrivaled speed feat (Stark was the fastest espada and even him couldn't speedblitz Kyouraku as much as that Quincy just did).
Quincy are also Kenpachi's nemesis. They excel in keeping a distance and nuking anything far from them, Kenpachi doesn't have the speed necessary to close the gap so he would just take hit until he die.

Yama can hold on, Shinji probably can because of the ability of his shikai but not because of his physical capabilities and Ichigo is the only one in a position to destroy the invaders with raw physical capabilities.
The question is how long can they hold on? Because as long as Ichigo isn't here they are doomed to get killed.

Stark didn't really want to fight and he didn't go all out until Lillianette was dead. His resurrección abilities were suited to medium and long range attacks. He also had to fight 4 captain level shinigami's and 2 of those were Vizards.

Shinji is one of the fastest Captains in SS. I think he can definitely hold his own unlike some of the other Captains like Komamura and Soi-Fon.
Jun 21, 2012 3:06 PM
Jun 2012
I can see a few Captains getting killed and the Royal Guard making an appearance.
Jun 21, 2012 4:44 PM

Sep 2009
S0l0 said:

Exaggeration much? He didn't get owned. He just got hurt. Simple the guy attacked Kyoraku avoided it and tried to attack back but the other guy released his angel mode at that second and got even faster stronger and counterattacked Kyoraku that got surprised because he didn't calculate at him going angel mode and hitting him back so fast.

Is quite annoying that most people only think of how to arrange power levels in their heads every time a fight occurs instead of seeing what is happening in the actual fight.

It is also annoying when ppl don't put everything together. I said "How the hell did Kyoraku get owned for that brief fight so far like that?" I conceded that it was a brief fight so far cause really the fight just started. That Quincy might be strong, but I expect Kyoraku to win. Then, I stated that Kyoraku is one of the oldest captains in the Gotei 13, so that in of itself implies that he has a ton of combat experience so he should not be caught off guard like that.

Jun 21, 2012 4:50 PM

Jul 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:

I don't have much hopes from Kenpachi either but i just want to remind you that power levels in bleach are messed up. A number 11 arrancer showed up and beat the hell out of Hitsugaya. I know he's not strongest captain but Kubo told us how strong arrancers are that a captain need to release his full power to defeat a gillian. All other vice captain got some tough battles against some lowly arrancers. Yeah. I'm not talking about Espada. What espada did to ichigo was whole different story. At first I thought, few of them can take over soul society or at-least give them some toughest time they can ever imagine but then Kubo wasted some great potential. What happened to Ulqiuerra in Hueco Mundo or how Starc and Halibel wasted in final battle almost sounds like a joke after so much hype about Vastrolords powers.

Then Aizen alone took out all captains including vizards and lost against Ichigo? I thought captains have their pride like how kenpachi was crying when he lost tied battle with ichigo but It's so humiliating for all other captains to lost against only one guy and that invincible guy lost against Ichigo after some crazy transformations. There you go with messed up power level. (seriously all those captains who was one-shotted by Aizen should've resigned from their positions. lol). Does Aizen need to defeat all of them? Wouldn't it better if Starc, 2nd espada and Halibel take out few of them? and then Aizen make his way to final battle with Ichigo and few others. I wouldn't go to Ichigo power levels, like how strong he is compare to all other captains and that's why he take out Aizen.

What i want to say is that right now Kubo is completely focused on "quincies hype and how strong they are" to take out thousands mostly unknown shingami in few seconds, Just like he did when arrancers showed up and when Aizen showed his true powers but later everything turned out opposite. I'm afraid this is what's going to happen unless Kubo surprise me this time and quincies really take over soul society completely, kira is really dead, royal guards make their appearance to get soul society back, then soul king and other stuff. Well. this is final arc and last hope. It's going very well at the moment, I hope Kubo won't mess up this time.
Jun 21, 2012 5:36 PM

Oct 2010
obviously ichigo will save the day
Jun 21, 2012 5:40 PM

Apr 2011
Ichigo is tha man!
Jun 21, 2012 6:02 PM

Jul 2008
Han-yuu said:
Maddo_scientisto said:

I don't have much hopes from Kenpachi either but i just want to remind you that power levels in bleach are messed up. A number 11 arrancer showed up and beat the hell out of Hitsugaya. I know he's not strongest captain but Kubo told us how strong arrancers are that a captain need to release his full power to defeat a gillian. All other vice captain got some tough battles against some lowly arrancers. Yeah. I'm not talking about Espada. What espada did to ichigo was whole different story. At first I thought, few of them can take over soul society or at-least give them some toughest time they can ever imagine but then Kubo wasted some great potential. What happened to Ulqiuerra in Hueco Mundo or how Starc and Halibel wasted in final battle almost sounds like a joke after so much hype about Vastrolords powers.

Rather than 'not being the strongest captain', he always was the weakest captain.
Also, he (and the others that were there) were very wounded prior to having their limiter removed which made the fight very uneven and impossible to take seriously for a comparaison.
It's like saying "I'll beat you up until you are almost dead then after that you'll start to fight back and if you have to get serious on me it means that I'm strong"

Also pretty much sure that when Hitsuga said "It took our full strength to beat a couple of gillian" he meant that he had to have their limiter removed. He was at 30% of his power with the limiter if I recall properly, he never meant to said that he needed 100% of his power to beat him but rather that this 30% was not enough.
It's not like the limiter granted him the minimal power he needed to defeat them, it was either limited strength or full strength, if he was just a bit less limited it might have been far enough to do the job so you can't technically say that he really needed 100% of his strength for the fight since he just couldn't chose the minimal amount of strength needed for him to win the fight.

Han-yuu said:

Then Aizen alone took out all captains including vizards and lost against Ichigo? I thought captains have their pride like how kenpachi was crying when he lost tied battle with ichigo but It's so humiliating for all other captains to lost against only one guy and that invincible guy lost against Ichigo after some crazy transformations. There you go with messed up power level. (seriously all those captains who was one-shotted by Aizen should've resigned from their positions. lol). Does Aizen need to defeat all of them? Wouldn't it better if Starc, 2nd espada and Halibel take out few of them? and then Aizen make his way to final battle with Ichigo and few others. I wouldn't go to Ichigo power levels, like how strong he is compare to all other captains and that's why he take out Aizen.

You seem to be forgetting a few details.
Aizen was very close to the limit of Shinigami, hence his interest over crossing the border between Hollow and Shinigami.
Aizen always was much stronger than every single captain except Yama which is the only shinigami alive to have reached this said limit (Or at least being closer to it than Aizen).
Aizen also had everyone under his complete hypnosys. He could walk toward them and slash them without them noticing anything before the strike. That's not to say that the number of person at that point didn't matter. He already is stronger than them and he can do whatever he want without being noticed, it's normal that no captain stood a chance against him.

Ichigo always had flucturating power, it was said since age ago. You remember that whole fight in SS when Ichigo talked about 'fighting together with his sword' while Zaraki thought he could just do whatever he want with his sword? Well that's the same thing Ichigo did with his hollow power since the start of the serie. He didn't accept them and both himself and his hollow power were clashing against each other resulting in Ichigo's power fluctuating while not being able to reach it's full potential.
I don't have to remind you that the first time Ichigo met Ulq he had the badge which was messing with his already messed up power and Ulq still said that at the peak of all that mess, Ichigo had still a power stronger than his.

Now with his dangai training Ichigo united his power and accepted them both, his reiatsu is not fluctuating anymore and is at it's peak. When Ichigo lent his body to Zangetsu, he destroyed Zaraki in one single hit while being in shikai (And should I remind you that bankai actually multiplicate a shinigami's reiatsu?) Even Noitora's special cero wasn't close of doing that. Then when he lent his body to his hollow side (Or rather his hollow side took it by force), he executed Ulquiorra like he was dealing with an ant.
Now Ichigo united both of these power and is using them at will, without any interference, without anything fluctuating. Ichigo reached the limit of a shinigami and the limit of a hollow and transcended both of them, he is what Aizen always wanted to be but couldn't manage to.

Call Ichigo broken but now he is the strongest shinigami, stronger than Yama, stronger than anything we've seen so far. If Yama wouldn't fight he could most likely execute all of SS without any trick like Aizen's shikai.
Jun 21, 2012 7:59 PM
Mar 2009
Everyone looks so different.

Time to call Ichigo to save their asses. Again.
Jun 22, 2012 12:18 AM

Dec 2008
A chapter full of reactions. So what will Ichido do? He's got his hands full at the moment! xD
Jun 22, 2012 2:31 PM

Jul 2009
For an organization that's been around as long as Soul Society, they sure can't do shit without Ichigo. Must have been going through Shinigami like toilet paper.

Lame. 2/5
Jun 22, 2012 9:22 PM

Jul 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:
Also pretty much sure that when Hitsuga said "It took our full strength to beat a couple of gillian" he meant that he had to have their limiter removed. He was at 30% of his power with the limiter if I recall properly, he never meant to said that he needed 100% of his power to beat him but rather that this 30% was not enough.

First of all Kyouraku said, he’s strong and i heard others saying he’s a little genius guy or something but anway, so 30% was not enough. Let’s say he used 50% power to beat a gillian (though i think it was more than that because he was practically useless on 30% level) So what can he possibly do against an espada? And a number 3 espada in all of them? Not he did survive but never took any good demage at all. I guess that gillian was lot better than what Halibal did in her given time.

Maddo_scientisto said:
Aizen was very close to the limit of Shinigami, hence his interest over crossing the border between Hollow and Shinigami.
Aizen always was much stronger than every single captain except Yama which is the only shinigami alive to have reached this said limit (Or at least being closer to it than Aizen).
Did i said, Aizen was weak? He was strong that’s why he easily fooled everyone and escaped so easily at the end of soul society arc. What i meant was that Kubo humiliated all other captains. It was not necessary for Aizen to beat all of them. I mean what the hell are they doing for thousands of years ? all that practice, hard-work, status, shikai, bankai, riatsu level. That everything become useless.

Everyone know Aizen is strong but If There was some importance for other characters, like top 4 espada. If they lived up to their hype, you can get at-least 6 captains on the floor. After they’re done with their role, it’s okay for strac and second espada to die (at-least they were usefull) and then Aizen strike Halibel from behind for whatever reason. Then you can see Aizen vs Remaining captains, ichigo, isshin, urhara, yoruichi etc. That would’ve been a lot better. In overall, Espada did nothing to story. Yeah absolutely nothing. They just appeared as so much over-hyped powerful enemies. 7 of them lost in hueco mundo. 3 of them lost in fake karakura without doing anything significant to their opponent except few injuries which are not even to count when you have orihime and unohana.

Maddo_scientisto said:
Ichigo powers

I didn’t even said anything about ichigo powers. You missed the whole point of my post. Let’s say Ichigo is THAT strong then what? All other characters are useless..?

You said,

Maddo_scientisto said:

Isn’t that based on merely conjectures? Did kubo mentioned anywhere for them to be that strong? I guess NOT.

Those guys are sealing or stealing bankai’s can be merely a trick and in matter of time, someone will figure it out and then what? Everything will get back their bankai’s and kaboom.. And once again situation will be just like espadas.

What real power i will accept is, if those bankais are gone forever OR even if they’re sealed temporarily. Quincies will get full benefit by killing at-least few important characters (for real this time), taking over soul society and show them, who's the boss here. Otherwise this whole dangai level or yama shikai power level is useless, If they just play around like “Hey look we’re strong. we killed thousands in few seconds” and before you knew they’re all dead like espadas.

By the way, you said something which is bothering me since long time.

Maddo_scientisto said:
Aizen also had everyone under his complete hypnosys.

What happened to his shikai and bankai in last fight? Did ichigo, isshin, urahra, yoruichi have some special powers and hypnotysm did not worked at all, so he had to relay on completely hogyuko.. or did i missed it somewhere?
Jun 22, 2012 9:36 PM
Feb 2012
Han-yuu said:
What happened to his shikai and bankai in last fight? Did ichigo, isshin, urahra, yoruichi have some special powers and hypnotysm did not worked at all, so he had to relay on completely hogyuko.. or did i missed it somewhere?
Ichigo at least didn't see the release, so he was unaffected. I'm not sure if it was ever said when Isshin was a shinigami, but I'm assuming it was before Aizen's time, so he wouldn't be affected either. Urahara and Yoruichi don't get a pass though as far as I can tell.
Jun 22, 2012 9:57 PM

Jul 2010
Aldo512 said:
Han-yuu said:
Ichigo at least didn't see the release, so he was unaffected. I'm not sure if it was ever said when Isshin was a shinigami, but I'm assuming it was before Aizen's time, so he wouldn't be affected either. Urahara and Yoruichi don't get a pass though as far as I can tell.

What.. he can release his shikai and bankai only once and then it's useless? I thought he can release it anywhere anytime.

I remembered Ulquiorra mentioned it in front of nnoitra. so it's not one time thing and how he was stronger than all other espadas if his zanpaktou was useless against them? just because of hogyouko?

And If it really is just one time thing than it's the most useless zanpaktou, just like it's very powerful if you see the release.
Jun 22, 2012 10:05 PM
Feb 2012
Han-yuu said:
Aldo512 said:
Han-yuu said:

What.. he can release his shikai and bankai only once and then it's useless? I thought he can release it anywhere anytime.

I remembered Ulquiorra mentioned it in front of nnoitra. so it's not one time thing and how he was stronger than all other espadas if his zanpaktou was useless against them? just because of hogyouko?

And If it really is just one time thing than it's the most useless zanpaktou, just like it's very powerful if you see the release.
He can release it anytime (I think. I'm not really sure). He just didn't do it with Ichigo the first time they met and apparently had it released the entire time he was in the FKT, so he didn't have a reason to release it again. At least that's how I see it and it's more believable then Aizen having an idiot moment (before his whole "I'm too awesome for strategy" phase) and just not releasing it. Hope that clears things up
Jun 22, 2012 10:47 PM
Jul 2011
Soul-Phone Call to Ichigo: OH GAWD WE'RE GETTING MASSACRED PLZ HALP!!/
Ichigo: Fawk, I'm busy handling my own shit over here geez!
Soul Society: X_X
Jun 23, 2012 4:56 PM

Mar 2011
It's good to see the captains back in action again. If it ain't Gotei 13, it ain't good Bleach.
Jun 23, 2012 10:49 PM
Jul 2011
The tension builds with each chapter! How will the Shinigami will be able to defeat the Quincys without Bankais?! This enemy is practically invincible! And Ichigo, can help them? He is in a cruel fight in Hueco Mundo, will it be time to help them? OMG! I'll go crazy! T_T
Jun 24, 2012 3:09 PM

Jul 2009
I fail to see how Ichigo is going to help here...
Jun 24, 2012 9:00 PM
Aug 2010
LOL, I didn't notice last chapter...

I can't believe Rangiku cut her hair!!!
Jun 26, 2012 12:38 PM
May 2012
I already forgot that Inoue can Heal Kira and Koryaku. So there's no problem there.

It's all bullshit anyway. Shinigami can fight without bankai. They have Kido and Hado, remember? And Of course Shikai! Why go bankai directly?!

But the plot always wins.

Also, we have the vizored, and quicies hopefully cannot steal hollow masks!
Jun 26, 2012 2:18 PM

Jul 2008
Oh well look like I forgot this thread until today.

Loggoyl said:
I already forgot that Inoue can Heal Kira and Koryaku. So there's no problem there.

It's all bullshit anyway. Shinigami can fight without bankai. They have Kido and Hado, remember? And Of course Shikai! Why go bankai directly?!

But the plot always wins.

Also, we have the vizored, and quicies hopefully cannot steal hollow masks!

Quincy take the energy in the air to use their spell.If Kido/Hado would work on your average quincy, using some against such high level quincy is like asking to fuel them so that they own your ass.
They are also fighting with Shikai but it's nearly not enough, bankai tenfold their reiatsu and without that boost they cannot fight them.

Hollow mask or not, those quincy are stronger than the espada, they are fated to get their ass kicked.

Han-yuu said:

First of all Kyouraku said, he’s strong and i heard others saying he’s a little genius guy or something but anway, so 30% was not enough. Let’s say he used 50% power to beat a gillian (though i think it was more than that because he was practically useless on 30% level) So what can he possibly do against an espada? And a number 3 espada in all of them? Not he did survive but never took any good demage at all. I guess that gillian was lot better than what Halibal did in her given time.

He's a genius, a prodigy but that only means that he's an exceptionnaly fast learner and someone very talented for the time he had. He's still the weakest captain amongst the 13 squads but he has the potential to rise amongst the strongest if he had the time to.

Let's drop the math aside. The only reason why he got hurt badly against the Gillian is because of his limiter. If he had been at full power since the start then the Gillian would have gotten his ass handed to him.
Also there's to note that Hitsugaya powered up since the first time he met the Gillian but it's like you're making Hitsugaya at that time as strong as FKT Hitsugaya.

Last time I checked, they were fighting Halibel 2v1 or 3v1 and they seemed to have big trouble while Halibel seemed to play arround.

You seem to really underestimate the limiter. To give you an exemple, if you're power is limited by half then imagine yourself doing sports or fighting while holding something proportional to half of your weight. You could have been the best in the world without that limiter but once you have it a total noob might do a number on you. You aren't at twice of your ability, you are much lower than that.

Problem is that you people are too much fixated on evaluating character power level with assumed and fictive numbers and so the moment it do not match up you blame the manga for not making sense. Can't expect someone that never fought once of his entire life to understand that in a fight, poweroutput is not that most important thing.

Han-yuu said:

Maddo_scientisto said:

1-Did i said, Aizen was weak? He was strong that’s why he easily fooled everyone and escaped so easily at the end of soul society arc.

2-What i meant was that Kubo humiliated all other captains. It was not necessary for Aizen to beat all of them. I mean what the hell are they doing for thousands of years ? all that practice, hard-work, status, shikai, bankai, riatsu level. That everything become useless.

3-Everyone know Aizen is strong but If There was some importance for other characters, like top 4 espada. If they lived up to their hype, you can get at-least 6 captains on the floor. After they’re done with their role, it’s okay for strac and second espada to die (at-least they were usefull) and then Aizen strike Halibel from behind for whatever reason.

4-Then you can see Aizen vs Remaining captains, ichigo, isshin, urhara, yoruichi etc. That would’ve been a lot better. In overall, Espada did nothing to story. Yeah absolutely nothing. They just appeared as so much over-hyped powerful enemies. 7 of them lost in hueco mundo. 3 of them lost in fake karakura without doing anything significant to their opponent except few injuries which are not even to count when you have orihime and unohana.

1-No nothing to do with his strength, he just well planned his things.

2-Most captain were doing paperwork and supervising those under them. They never felt any strong threat and thus were content with their power. It was necessary for Aizen to beat all them up otherwhise this would not have made sense. You tell me that Aizen would let captains get in his way just because he's a M and he like that? Aizen had the capacity to do it so there's nothing weird in him doing it.

3- That's the thing, stop calculating things with number for a moment. Espada lived up to the hype kubo made of them but you fan were talking between each other and ended up expecting the world out of them.
Halibel/espada 2/Stark were outnumbered and even though they could have mopped the floor with anyone they were fighting against in 1v1 that wasn't the case.
When fighting multiple opponents you do not have to be stronger than the total of them, you have to be much stronger than that.
You can't say that if Halibbel power is 5000 and that the two people she was fighting against power were 2000 each she would be able to beat them, that would actually be retarded if a fight worked that easely.

Again stop making a chart in your head, a fight is not about poweroutput but I can understand you since most shounen nowaday make it look as such.

4- The first time Aizen met the espada he told them to not trust him. The fight were dragging out and he expected Ichigo to come soon so he ended it on his own because of his own agenda.
The espada did nothing?
They created a threat that forced captains to improve and train, they instaured a long-forgotten concept of fear on the seniority of an "allpowerfull nation". They moved characted, gave relief to the story and served multiple time in character developement. But of course, since they didn't kill a shinigami they did nothing.

Han-yuu said:

Maddo_scientisto said:
Ichigo powers

I didn’t even said anything about ichigo powers. You missed the whole point of my post. Let’s say Ichigo is THAT strong then what? All other characters are useless..?

Yes because a character is useless if he's not strong, life must be pretty boring from your perspective.

Han-yuu said:

1-Isn’t that based on merely conjectures? Did kubo mentioned anywhere for them to be that strong? I guess NOT.

2-Those guys are sealing or stealing bankai’s can be merely a trick and in matter of time, someone will figure it out and then what? Everything will get back their bankai’s and kaboom.. And once again situation will be just like espadas.

3-What real power i will accept is, if those bankais are gone forever OR even if they’re sealed temporarily. Quincies will get full benefit by killing at-least few important characters (for real this time), taking over soul society and show them, who's the boss here. Otherwise this whole dangai level or yama shikai power level is useless, If they just play around like “Hey look we’re strong. we killed thousands in few seconds” and before you knew they’re all dead like espadas.

1-Sure is.
Just to begin with, they speedblitzed and almost killed one of the four senior captains in one single shot. Secondly their angel form is a more complete form of what Ishida did in SS back in SS arc which Mayuri said that it wasn't a power that an individual should be able to wield while his look was something along the line of "that's something breaking the law of natural order".

Quincy bend reiatsu to their will, and their power basically absorb reiatsu in the air and use it to attack but here's the catch: In SS everything is made out of reaitsu... everything. They can absorb a building and use it to nuke something else(Ishida did something similar before in case you go "no they can't"), they are literally fighting in a place where they have limitless energy. We haven't seen what they can do in the real world but in the SS they are the strongest.

2-Even with bankai the captains are pretty much screwed if they fight in SS which lead me to beleive that the final fights will take place somewhere they do not have an infinite amount of energy to nuke with.
Also while Bankai are strong, some of them are not pratical.
People are going under the assumption that most captain that did not use bankai yet was because they 'were going easy on their opponent' but that's likely not the case.
Giving Yama's Shikai, his bankai just might be something that nuke everything in a radius of 100km, is it 'going easy on your opponent' if you do not use it in a teamfight? No that's just because his bankai isn't fit to the situation.
Giving Kyouraku's shikai, his bankai just might be a much more dangerous gamble situation, is it 'going easy on your opponent' when you do not want to harm yourself and your opponent in a fight you cannot afford to lose? No, that's just because his bankai isn't fit to the situation.
Bankai aren't all as cool and pratical as Byakuya's, get over it.

3- You just want to see a death to see a death, you don't care much about how it would affect the story and you just want to see someone die because that's what cool shounen do nowaday. I cannot agree with that.
While I agree that it's ridiculous that nobody important died in bleach yet, it's not because of a screwed power level but rather because of many deus ex machina that Kubo love to pull.
I'm not saying that Bleach have only good points, I also think that the espada could have done more but going at the extent of saying they did nothing is wrong.
Bleach did not manage to reach it's full potential and people are trying to nitpicking everything they can but most of the time stumble into sensical thing and try to make them sound senseless.

And finally

Han-yuu said:

Ichigo, Isshin, Urahara and Yoruichi weren't in SS when Aizen pulled Kyouka Suigetsu. This ability has been hinted over and over to be something that take times and hence that you cannot use in the middle of a fight, especially if your opponent expect it and can counter it just by looking somewhere else.
He managed to get SS under his control because he was doing a fake demonstration of his shikai but in reality he was hypnotising everyone that were watching.
He likely fooled the espada that didn't even knew Aizen's ability at all before they were caught in it.
But it's not really possible to do it against someone that expect it.

There's lot of reason why he didn't use his bankai:
-It offered something that Aizen didn't need while he was transforming (If it's a powertype bankai it would serve no purpose since he could already nuke everything without his zanpakutou)
-It might be only in effect against those that are under his shikai's hypnosism so he didn't need it since those in his hypnosism were already no problem to deal with.
-His power is a stronger version of his shikai. In the same way as his shikai it might not be something easy to activate and would put him in a bad spot.
-etc, there's lot of other reason why Aizen possibly could not have used his bankai in the situation he was in.
Jun 27, 2012 4:12 PM

Jul 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:
The only reason why he got hurt badly against the Gillian is because of his limiter. If he had been at full power since the start then the Gillian would have gotten his ass handed to him.
Also there's to note that Hitsugaya powered up since the first time he met the Gillian but it's like you're making Hitsugaya at that time as strong as FKT Hitsugaya.

You seem to really underestimate the limiter. To give you an exemple, if you're power is limited by half then imagine yourself doing sports or fighting while holding something proportional to half of your weight. You could have been the best in the world without that limiter but once you have it a total noob might do a number on you. You aren't at twice of your ability, you are much lower than that.

Last time I checked, they were fighting Halibel 2v1 or 3v1 and they seemed to have big trouble while Halibel seemed to play arround.

Problem is that you people are too much fixated on evaluating character power level with assumed and fictive numbers and so the moment it do not match up you blame the manga for not making sense.

If opponent was strong then i won’t underestimate the power limiter but you seem to forgot, that gillian power level was not even one number behind espada. there was another group called “Privaron espada” which was stronger than that. (finding this "privaron" take me to page where tousen was looking on monitor. Which make me giggle and worth for looking this name)

If i have power limiter in sport and compete against a fairly low level opponent. I can defeat them by using my full limited power. The reason i will lose if opponent is stronger than my limited powers or i have too low confidence on my ability just because i don't have full power available, but i think it's hard for you to understand and It look like you never played sport or with limited power but i have played with injuries, which can work as power limiter.

The other thing i want to mention here is Ichigo power - which are highest at the moment but - was fairly low when hitsugaya was competing with a number 3 espada. Do you remember how hard time he had against grimmjow and beat him with his vizard power - which is supposed to be stronger than normal captain - and the moment he finished his fight, he was in no where near to fight again, even with noitra subordinate. That time 4 captains steps in hueco mundo and Aizen left for FKT. so time difference is not much but Hitsugaya power difference was too great to compete with Halibel and survive for quite sometime.

Last time i checked he trapped Halibel with his bankai. If it was not for that little arrancer help (i forgot his name) she was trapped there (forever?). Let's suppose if Hitsugaya was fighting with grimjow alone - just like ichigo – and without hollow powers. I would say girmjow is no match for him, because according to Kubo "each Espada member is chosen for their superior combat ability and then assigned a number". A bankai power which can trap Halibel (with her superior strength ability) there is no way Grimjow can survive.

I would want to mention Rukia fight as well with number 9 espada and Renji + Ishida fight against number 8 espada. How great difference was in the later one, both of them only survived just because Mayuri helped them in the end. not to mention, in that fight there was 2 other helpers as well, so it was 4v1 and 5v1 in the end.

Oh and we're talking about bleach power levels, obviously we will evaluate character powers or do you want me to just accept everything because i never fought or don't have super human abilities? Of-carouse it's author who make the rules and power levels but when you suddenly make a character so weak and then suddenly he become so strong, that's what you call hax and you will be criticized if there is not a good explanation.

Maddo_scientisto said:
No nothing to do with his strength, he just well planned his things.

It does. He fooled them with his Shikai powers NOT just telling some lies or some other cheap trick. It doesn't matter if they were fooled for Shikai demonstration. What happened after that was his zanpaktou work, which affected them for quite long and cost them too much.

Maddo_scientisto said:
Most captain were doing paperwork and supervising those under them. They never felt any strong threat and thus were content with their power. It was necessary for Aizen to beat all them up otherwhise this would not have made sense.

Oh my my. Aizen was the only one doing some real work all the time. I'm glad that's not an official statement from Kubo or I would think how more useless you can make them. Not to mention there were Vizards as well. Who were supposed to be doing even more quality work than Aizen in isolated space without any interference from Soul Society or controlling a bunch of weaklings, who serve no purpose in battles.

For the actual point. I would say again. It was not necessary for Aizen to beat all them up. It would’ve been less humiliating if he beat them all in one on one fight but ganging up on Aizen and getting beat up like that. It’s nothing more than a joke. Just like a bunch of cannon fodders in a movie. Only difference here is they’re still not forgotten, have their high posts and big fanbase.

edit:
Maddo_scientisto said:
You tell me that Aizen would let captains get in his way just because he's a M and he like that? Aizen had the capacity to do it so there's nothing weird in him doing it.

Aaw.. i forgot to ask about this. Aizen is M? I thought He was S with big smirk on his face. And NO, those few captains should've been on the ground. That's what i'm saying all along. Espadas were the one who should've defeated them not Aizen. If Halibel had taken out Hitsugaya. There is no way he would've get in Aizen way and one-shotted by him second time.

Maddo_scientisto said:
Espada lived up to the hype kubo made of them but you fan were talking between each other and ended up expecting the world out of them.

Halibel/espada 2/Stark were outnumbered and even though they could have mopped the floor with anyone they were fighting against in 1v1 that wasn't the case.
When fighting multiple opponents you do not have to be stronger than the total of them, you have to be much stronger than that.
You can't say that if Halibbel power is 5000 and that the two people she was fighting against power were 2000 each she would be able to beat them, that would actually be retarded if a fight worked that easely.

The first time Aizen met the espada he told them to not trust him. The fight were dragging out and he expected Ichigo to come soon so he ended it on his own because of his own agenda.
The espada did nothing? They created a threat that forced captains to improve and train, they instaured a long-forgotten concept of fear on the seniority of an "allpowerfull nation". They moved characted, gave relief to the story and served multiple time in character developement. But of course, since they didn't kill a shinigami they did nothing.

NO. They were not.

In above reference i posted, It's hitsugaya who trapped Halibel when it was 1v1.. Also It was Halibel who received help first, not Hitsugaya. Also Hiyori and That other megane girl joined fight and before she start fight seriously Aizen take her out. Another good character who served no purpose and didn't lived up to her hype.

And NO.. I was not expecting too much like killing all soul society or one guy to take out several captains just like Aizen did. Neither i wanted them to kill good guys because that doesn't happened in bleach, so expecting things like that would be asking for impossible. What i wanted was just to beat few good guys. Didn't i said, "Aizen beat the hell out of everyone, humiliated them and lost against ichigo" .. does that mean Aizen killed everyone? Not a single :D.. he just defeated them. If ALL espada just served little bit purpose by beating at-least few captains and make them unable to fight anymore, that would have been enough.

Maddo_scientisto said:
Yes because a character is useless if he's not strong, life must be pretty boring from your perspective

Hehehe. A character is useless if he is NOT useful when you need him.

It's Soul Society War in FKT (and include the recent events) and (pretty much) an outsider is saving them. Yup. very useful characters. Wait let me say it again, very useful characters and great common sense as well.

Maddo_scientisto said:
Sure is..

Just to begin with..........

I won't comment on this now. We will see how much raitsu and power absorb abilities will help them in taking over soul society.

Maddo_scientisto said:
Even with bankai the captains are pretty much screwed if they fight in SS which lead me to believe that the final fights will take place somewhere they do not have an infinite amount of energy to nuke with.

Now that's an interesting point. Lets hope that will happen and situation won't reverse if captains get control on bankai's again. It’s also necessary to prove your point about all their dangai and yama shikai level powers. Even though it seem quencies sure are a bit afraid against bankai's right now.

Maddo_scientisto said:
People are going under the assumption that most captain that did not use bankai yet was because they 'were going easy on their opponent' but that's likely not the case.
Giving Yama's Shikai, his bankai just might be something that nuke everything in a radius of 100km, is it 'going easy on your opponent' if you do not use it in a teamfight? No that's just because his bankai isn't fit to the situation.
Giving Kyouraku's shikai, his bankai just might be a much more dangerous gamble situation, is it 'going easy on your opponent' when you do not want to harm yourself and your opponent in a fight you cannot afford to lose? No, that's just because his bankai isn't fit to the situation.
Bankai aren't all as cool and pratical as Byakuya's, get over it.

So your bankai is a nuke. you won’t use it. losing is better than using your weapon and winning? to make it more worse, after losing you're leaving your opponent to your friends, which you were supposed to beat.

In a war, A soldier prefer victory over his life. And a good soldier can retreat as strategy. he can change his location. He can create a situation where he can win the fight and save his friends and country. Losing is not an option just because your weapon is nuke. There are ways to avoid friendly fire. Either your friends have to retreat or you can make it possible with different strategies. AND Bleach is mostly about one on one fight. that make it even more easier.

Maddo_scientisto said:
You just want to see a death to see a death, you don't care much about how it would affect the story and you just want to see someone die because that's what cool shounen do nowaday. I cannot agree with that.

Yes. i want because enough is enough. :) BUT yeah. even if quincies get things done rightly this time and only kira die. I would be happy with only that.

Maddo_scientisto said:
Ichigo, Isshin, Urahara and Yoruichi weren't in SS when Aizen pulled Kyouka Suigetsu. This ability has been hinted over and over to be something that take times and hence that you cannot use in the middle of a fight, especially if your opponent expect it and can counter it just by looking somewhere else.

It take too much time to activate and can be easily avoided? In order to use it properly you have to fool someone first.......... Whoa, I don't know what to think. Kubo you done it again. So our strongest Aizen was relying on stolen hogyoko powers and a zanpaktou powers against handful peoples after fooling them and If your new opponent know you ability, it's become useless.

Maddo_scientisto said:
While I agree that it's ridiculous that nobody important died in bleach yet, it's not because of a screwed power level but rather because of many deus ex machina that Kubo love to pull.
I'm not saying that Bleach have only good points, I also think that the espada could have done more but going at the extent of saying they did nothing is wrong.

I would like to say congratulation in the end for proving me wrong about your 100% blindly support for Bleach. Though i wouldn’t hate that at all either. Nitpicking and most of one liner comments are no fun in any discussion thread. You and Fai make bleach threads more interesting. I like to read some positive stuff in discussions, that total hatred bleach mostly get and those small nitpickings are no good. Sometime i think why someone reading this when you're not even a little bit optimistic and just read it for nitpicking.
Han-yuuJun 27, 2012 5:10 PM
May 21, 2014 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
Now they need Ichigo's help.

Sep 14, 2016 3:20 AM

Jun 2016
They need to find a way to encounter bankai stealing, or else they are all dead!
Jun 8, 2017 8:03 AM

Feb 2013
Call Ichigo because you guys are useless.
Oct 29, 2022 5:07 PM
Oct 2020
So Kenpachi's going to save the day since he's already super strong without Bankai. Also, they should've just had red hair or one captain use Bankai first instead of multiple captains trying at once. Fucking idiots.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 200 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 11, 2010

4 by Dattebayo2992 »»
Apr 29, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.