Forum Settings
Forums

What is the worst anime you ever watched, and why?

New
Pages (141) « First ... « 83 84 [85] 86 87 » ... Last »
Aug 26, 2012 3:36 AM
Jun 2012
Neane1993 said:
Shaduge said:
Neane1993 said:
EternalFire said:
Bobobobo by far.

Fuck you.

This is the best comedy anime ever created

Yeah, why do people hate it so much?

, Bobobo is one of these shows that should have never left Japan. It concentrates on pure Japanese humor so strongly, that for nearly every single person from overseas it becomes simply incomprehensible. So it's no wonder that Bobobo is trashed everywhere in english speaking society while being immensely popular and loved in Japan itself. Frankly, if you are determined to watch Bobobo there are at least three points you have to pass, otherwise you will probably hate the show. 1. Be able to speak Japanese language. 2. Know a great lot about japanese culture and err.. daily life traditions ;, I'm not even sure if this is possible if you haven't lived in Japan. 3. Have watched at least more than hundred different anime shows. If you don't pass all three then you'll wont get most of the parody jokes and you wont be able to watch more than 6 episodes of Bobobo
Neane1993 said:
Shaduge said:
Neane1993 said:
EternalFire said:
Bobobobo by far.

Fuck you.

This is the best comedy anime ever created

Yeah, why do people hate it so much?

, Bobobo is one of these shows that should have never left Japan. It concentrates on pure Japanese humor so strongly, that for nearly every single person from overseas it becomes simply incomprehensible. So it's no wonder that Bobobo is trashed everywhere in english speaking society while being immensely popular and loved in Japan itself. Frankly, if you are determined to watch Bobobo there are at least three points you have to pass, otherwise you will probably hate the show. 1. Be able to speak Japanese language. 2. Know a great lot about japanese culture and err.. daily life traditions ;, I'm not even sure if this is possible if you haven't lived in Japan. 3. Have watched at least more than hundred different anime shows. If you don't pass all three then you'll wont get most of the parody jokes and you wont be able to watch more than 6 episodes of Bobobo

LOL really?? Look how low it's rated on here and other various anime websites. I would not call it an abomination but it IS pretty stupid. I hope you're being sarcastic because not one single person I know likes that anime.
Aug 26, 2012 3:45 AM
Jun 2012
Neane1993 said:

They do actually. Like Soul Eater and such. Bobobobo got rated badly by critics and the public. You could even say the worst anime or film ever made is the best. You like it I don't. Like I said, it's stupid but I would not call it an abomination since you like it, as abomination is really overdoing it.
jammydodger63Aug 26, 2012 3:59 AM
Aug 26, 2012 3:55 AM
May 2012
school days
Aug 26, 2012 3:59 AM

Jun 2012
Bobobobo, Never really like it when i watched it on AdultSwim.

Clannad is not shit, is just that the art kill's it for me. really does makes it impossible to watch for me.

Jeller said:
5 centimeters per second
It was so god damn boring!!!

Genre: Drama, Romance, Slice of Life

READ THE FUCKING INFO!

You tought you was gonna see naruto in nine tails form or perhaps One Piece with his stupid ass "LONG ARM'S" to grab her from a far distance?.
or perhaps you tought that was a Echhi anime. where weird shit like a girls vagina on your face happen's evrey episode.
Aug 26, 2012 4:02 AM
Mar 2012
EternalFire said:

LOL really?? Look how low it's rated on here and other various anime websites. I would not call it an abomination but it IS pretty stupid. I hope you're being sarcastic because not one single person I know likes that anime.

funny, because I know many people who do, and how do you explain it being so popular in japan? the manga managed to end in WSJ and it's known that WSJ is merciless and cancels mangas easily when they rank low, even if they sell more than 200k units (see shaman king and nurarihyon no mago for example) and it even got a sequel in WSJ. He's right, you need to at least have watched a lot of animes to get the various indirect parodies. Although you don't really need to know a lot about japanese culture to enjoy the show since the most spread version is the english one and it changed various things, but it still was well done.
Aug 26, 2012 4:12 AM
Jun 2012
Shaduge said:
EternalFire said:

funny, because I know many people who do, and how do you explain it being so popular in japan? the manga managed to end in WSJ and it's known that WSJ is merciless and cancels mangas easily when they rank low, even if they sell more than 200k units (see shaman king and nurarihyon no mago for example) and it even got a sequel in WSJ. He's right, you need to at least have watched a lot of animes to get the various indirect parodies. Although you don't really need to know a lot about japanese culture to enjoy the show since the most spread version is the english one and it changed various things, but it still was well done.

I respect your opinion but maybe I took mine a bit too literally as well.
Aug 26, 2012 4:15 AM

Jan 2012
Inu x Boku SS
Aug 26, 2012 4:18 AM

Aug 2012
Hey, don't fight each other guys =D
I was afraid I'd get attacked for not liking Gurren Lagann, but I explained kindly why in order not to hurt other people' feelings toward it ^^

Saying "Clannad is an abomination" is a bit extreme :/

But I agree about the artstyle, it really throws me off to watch it, despite the story seeming really good.

Aug 26, 2012 4:20 AM

Jun 2010
DearS, It was just a waste of my time.
Aug 26, 2012 4:28 AM
May 2012
Foxley88 said:
professor-salt said:
Clannad. I honestly don't know how people can enjoy this abomination.

Too far. WAY too far. You can call it other things, hell even retarded but abomination? No. Just... no. You really went over the line there. I assume you've got a screw loose in your head.
Aug 26, 2012 4:30 AM
Jun 2012
Foxley88 said:
professor-salt said:

Too far. WAY too far. You can call it other things, hell even retarded but abomination? No. Just... no. You really went over the line there. I assume you've got a screw loose in your head.

He can call it whatever he wants, and he already did. Quit your bitching.
Aug 26, 2012 4:48 AM
May 2012
Deziah said:
Foxley88 said:
professor-salt said:

Yes and I have every right to say abomination is too extreme. I have every right to say something back and if you don't like my response either then you can push off.
Aug 26, 2012 4:51 AM
May 2012
Foxley88 said:
Deziah said:
Foxley88 said:
professor-salt said:

And you gave After Story a 10. I can sense some irony.
Aug 26, 2012 4:56 AM

Jul 2012
OhNasti said:

Clannad is not shit, is just that the art kill's it for me. really does makes it impossible to watch for me.

Jeller said:
5 centimeters per second

READ THE FUCKING INFO!

You tought you was gonna see naruto in nine tails form or perhaps One Piece with his stupid ass "LONG ARM'S" to grab her from a far distance?.
or perhaps you tought that was a Echhi anime. where weird shit like a girls vagina on your face happen's evrey episode.

You don't have to read the info and know the genres to find it boring. I think it's boring, too. Calm down.
Aug 26, 2012 5:58 AM
Jun 2012
Foxley88 said:
Deziah said:
Foxley88 said:
professor-salt said:

And you gave After Story a 10. I can sense some irony.

Irony? That word doesn't mean what you think it means. I wasn't defending him or agreeing with his opinion. Just simply stated a fact. Calm your little butthurt ass down.
Aug 26, 2012 3:29 PM

Jan 2012
For me, I think it would have to be Ikkitousen. I heard it gets better on, but I couldn't stand the fan service. While I have nothing against fan service, I find the large amounts of panty shots way too distracting. And the clothes were made out of paper or something. I remember one scene where some girl's shirt was ripped off by a punch.

Plus, one of the main female characters was just too ditzy for me.
MusihinxAug 26, 2012 8:06 PM
Aug 26, 2012 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
Mars of Destruction was the worst anime ever an for that reason i loved it
Aug 26, 2012 7:23 PM

Jan 2012
Elfen Lied
Aug 26, 2012 8:14 PM
Hawk of Endymion

Oct 2009
Samurai Gun
RYOJI KAJI
[to Shinji] So, I understand you're living with Katsuragi.
SHINJI IKARI
Uh, yeah...
RYOJI KAJI
So, is she still so... wild in bed?
Aug 26, 2012 8:21 PM
Sep 2009
Sword for Truth, probably. I mean there are several shitty anime that give it a run for its money, but Sword for Truth has to be the single laziest anime I've ever seen. The crew behind it didn't even try... and if they did try, they must be the most talentless fucks ever.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Aug 26, 2012 8:23 PM

Jul 2010
For an unfortunate anime that I somehow completed, I would have to go with Hidan no Aria.

Hidan no Aria, to me, was incredibly juvenile (though not in a good way, as some anime can pull off...) and most if not all the characters were incredibly annoying. It goes without mentioning that this is one tsundere as the main character that I cannot stand.
I watched the first few episodes and thought that maybe it wouldn't be as bad as the reviews painted it to be...But oh I was wrong.
I completed it, though. I don't know, maybe I like sabotaging myself.
Aug 26, 2012 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
judojon said:
Sword for Truth, probably. I mean there are several shitty anime that give it a run for its money, but Sword for Truth has to be the single laziest anime I've ever seen. The crew behind it didn't even try... and if they did try, they must be the most talentless fucks ever.

The whole movie consists of random scenes that don't make any sense. At least Akio Sugino's character designs are as eye-pleasing as ever, though the animation is obviously low budget.

I find it sad that Dezaki Osamu was the director of the movie...but then again, almost all great directors have their goofs.
Aug 26, 2012 10:17 PM

Mar 2012
Loveless. It was bad.
Aug 26, 2012 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
Underscore43 said:
For me, I think it would have to be Ikkitousen. I heard it gets better on, but I couldn't stand the fan service. While I have nothing against fan service, I find the large amounts of panty shots way too distracting. And the clothes were made out of paper or something. I remember one scene where some girl's shirt was ripped off by a punch.

Plus, one of the main female characters was just too ditzy for me.

This stands as one of the most disappointing anime I've ever seen, because on its own the premise sounds pretty awesome. Famous generals from the Three Kingdoms era being reborn in the modern day! It sounds really awesome, and then almost immediately the entire concept gets dumped in favor of torn clothes, torn clothes everywhere! They just didn't really care about the plot and used it as an excuse to throw in a bunch of nudity.
Aug 29, 2012 12:19 AM

Mar 2011
Kodomo no Jikan
What the heck did I watch back then? it's very irritating
Aug 29, 2012 12:20 AM

Jan 2012
toss up between Garbage Crown and Neon Genesis Clusterfuckileon
Aug 29, 2012 12:27 AM

Aug 2010
Definitely 11 eyes so far, had a lot of promise, and failed abysmally. VN is still pretty good though, which makes it even worse.
Eyes always lose their fire

Aug 29, 2012 12:28 AM

Feb 2008
Didn't know that this thread was about "<Insert name of a popular anime here>"

Then I have to say something like Code Geass.

Joke aside, even though CG's bad, it can't compare to the shittines of Kill me Baby. I haven't watched much anime, but nothing can compare to that piece of shit.

ihateeveryone said:
OhNasti said:

Jeller said:
5 centimeters per second

READ THE FUCKING INFO!

You don't have to read the info and know the genres to find it boring. I think it's boring, too. Calm down.

It's not the story that was boring, but the direction and execution, which were extremely bad as nothing really happened in that movie. You can cut 50min of it, and you'll still get the same story without any loss in character development. Oh wait...it can't even have less character development as there wasn't any to begin with. In other words, the movie is probably only interesting if you experience that same thing and if you are as stupid as MC. I can't sympathize with masochists, so I found the movie stupid.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 30, 2012 2:36 AM

Aug 2012
cyruz said:
sorairo said:[/b said:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Hated it with passion.</div>
Aww, how can you hate it? That one's a masterpiece :D.

I don't really watch animes I don't like, though I've tuned in to some
TV stations that showed quite bad ones. Too many to mention one in
particular.

definately agree with you.
Aug 30, 2012 4:48 AM
Aug 2012
I suppose it's not very fair to label something I've only seen two episodes of as the 'worst' (arguably 1 episode as they're 11 mins each) but I'm quietly confident it doesn't get any better.

So in recent memory - Starry Sky.

You know how some people say 'xyz is just an advertisement'....Starry Sky literally is. It must be. Presumably on the webcast there were prominent links to the game studio/buy this otome game here (joking. Kind of.).

Apparently people who played the game don't even like it. But I have to admire people who stuck it out for the full 26 eps....they are more shoujo hardcore than I am! And I guess it's a way to sample/hear loads of fan fav. male voice actors.

(In not so recent memory - It's Legend of Duo. Ahh fond memories.)
Aug 30, 2012 6:10 AM
Jul 2012
Hmmmm,I think the worst anime ever watched is the anime that you watch when you're not in the mood for anime,am I right?So for me it was 11eyes but after thinking a bit I realized that it was good afterall.
Aug 30, 2012 6:12 AM

Aug 2009
Umi no Triton and Witch Hunter Robin.

I'm still wondering how i finished them.
Aug 30, 2012 7:21 AM
Feb 2012
Manyuu Hikenchou
They could of made an awesome Anime. They could of made a really funny ecchi anime with samurai but no, they made it to serious and each episode excluding 1,11 and 12 they were pretty much the same
Aug 30, 2012 7:45 AM

Sep 2011
Durarara was pretty bad
Follow me on twitter @jaywhy620 if you like wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH) also I talk about anime occasionally and Follow me on Vine @ Awesome Wrestling
Aug 30, 2012 9:29 AM

Oct 2010
Karin. A vampire that squirts blood out of their nose and has ridiculous and somewhat fanservicey nosebleeds... Really? Just...really?

Highschool of the Dead. That, in my opinion, was a sack of garbage. Highschool DxD is even worse.

Blood-C was craptacular.
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai was pretty crappy too.

Clannad is just a giant snorefest.
Aug 30, 2012 10:28 AM

Apr 2011
Manyuu Hikenchou was actually funny, though.
Aug 30, 2012 10:31 AM
Jun 2012
uh....I haven't really seen any anime that I would call "the worst" but animes that i've liked the least would probably be One Piece and Bobobobobobobobobobo. I don't know why i was never into one piece. Maybe it was the setting, I always thought the characters were pretty cool, but that was about it.
Aug 30, 2012 11:04 AM

Aug 2012
I Didn't like fairly tail.
not at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2012 4:24 PM

Aug 2012
KissxSis

'nuff said
Aug 30, 2012 4:27 PM

Aug 2012
toridoshi said:
Karin. A vampire that squirts blood out of their nose and has ridiculous and somewhat fanservicey nosebleeds... Really? Just...really?

Highschool of the Dead. That, in my opinion, was a sack of garbage. Highschool DxD is even worse.

Blood-C was craptacular.
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai was pretty crappy too.

Clannad is just a giant snorefest.

You can just possibly be kiding right? -/
Aug 30, 2012 4:43 PM

Aug 2012
Tanken Driland (On-going)

They are chibis, what more can I say?
Sep 3, 2012 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!

and Naruto -Yea I SAID IT!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2012 11:00 AM

Apr 2011
TOP 5 WORSE ANIME I'VE SEEN.
1. Mars of Destruction
2. Arcade Gamer Fubuki
3. Rio: Rainbow Gate
4. Strike Witches
5. Hidan no Aria
Sep 3, 2012 1:58 PM

Feb 2011
Shiki
Sep 3, 2012 2:53 PM
Jul 2012
I hate Chaos head alot.
Sep 4, 2012 2:44 PM
Feb 2012
I find School Days very disturbing.
Sep 4, 2012 2:49 PM

Aug 2010
I agree I found that anime is very disturbing to the point where you actually wanna kill the main character. :/
Sep 4, 2012 2:57 PM

Mar 2009
I didn't like HotD -- I didn't know what to expect, but the opening sequence kinda gave me a bleak outlook (boobs pushed against chainlink fence). Gravitation: Lyrics of Love. Why did I even watch that?

Cinji said:
I hate Chaos head alot.

I didn't like that one either.
I also didn't really like Deadman Wonderland.

I finish these short series and what do I get at the end? No resolution, and the 'open ending' even feels like they actually made maybe 25 episodes and just cut it in half.
Like the Box Set of Black Lagoon, that tells you there's an episode 13 at the end of season 1.
Phantom-Brave12Sep 4, 2012 3:00 PM
Oct 8, 2012 1:12 PM
Jun 2012
High School of The dead. I really tried to like this series, but by the end it just became near impossible for me to do. It was actually laughable at certain points, which is the only reason i kept watching.
Oct 8, 2012 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
Chitose Get You.
Pages (141) « First ... « 83 84 [85] 86 87 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 8 hours ago

26 by Paul »»
14 seconds ago

» Categorize your Profile Favorite Characters as sadist, masochist, or switch

IpreferEcchi - 29 minutes ago

2 by Timeline_man »»
55 seconds ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

20 by logopolis »»
2 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 5 minutes ago

0 by Catalano »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.