Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2012 4:24 AM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm not sure about the legends. But a leaf that prevented him to be fully splashed by the Demon Dragon's blood is quite ridiculous in my opinion.
Dec 9, 2013 2:40 AM

Jun 2008
xahjun said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I'm not sure about the legends. But a leaf that prevented him to be fully splashed by the Demon Dragon's blood is quite ridiculous in my opinion.

Why, it a fact that something stuck to your skin can stop a liquid from landing on you. Anyway this is a classic mythological legend so no need to overdo it with thinking.
Is the same as trying to argument that Santa Claus is stupid because reindeers can't fly etc.
Apr 21, 2015 12:19 PM

Feb 2009
Monad said:
xahjun said:

Why, it a fact that something stuck to your skin can stop a liquid from landing on you. Anyway this is a classic mythological legend so no need to overdo it with thinking.
Is the same as trying to argument that Santa Claus is stupid because reindeers can't fly etc.

Ineed. In this myth, the legendary Dragon-slayer Sigfried bathed himself in the dragon's blood, being oblivious to the fact that a leaf landed on his back, thus preventing the immortal coating to reach that very specific zone. It was his Tendon of Achilles as someone mentions in the episode.
Oct 30, 2017 9:29 PM
Apr 2017
Shiryu is only strong when he's without his armor
Apr 22, 2018 10:18 PM

Jun 2016
Dragon vs dragon. Shiryu is so cool as always. I wondered if we actually saw Shiryu fighting with a sword since that'd be a first, but it seemed to be there for imagery. Either way the battle of dragons, both being a double edged sword is fascinating. At first I thought that it was because both had a dragon stance, and thus both left themselves open in the same way, however to justify it to the myth behind Siegfried is fine too. Shiryu goes in to prove Siegfried's weakness, not to win, but to pass the torch to Seiya and let him finish him off. This duo is too lovable.

I found it humorous that Shiryu decided not to use the ultimate dragon because it would turn him and the sapphire into an eternal star or whatever, the sapphire would burn up. It's funny because of how logical that is compared to many things that go on in Saint Seiya, but for an excuse on why they can't use their strongest power, that's good. It was also another callback to the battle of the gold saints which I'm always for.

I do wonder why Shiryu didn't put his armor back on though. He took it off to bait Alberich, and unless there's a hidden rule that they can't put it back on after that it seems weird. Almost as weird as Siegfried automated battle-mode helmet chin strap.
Mar 19, 2019 1:59 AM
Feb 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Dragon vs dragon. I wondered if we actually saw Shiryu fighting with a sword since that'd be a first, but it seemed to be there for imagery.

Not for fighting. He used a sword to slice-open Hyoga's ice coffin in the Gold Saint arc.

By the way, are all God Warriors identifiable in Norse myth?

Siegfried (Sigurd in Norse),Thor and Fenrir (the wolf) are easy.
Mime is the sub spelling of Mimir (the wise). If one listens carefully, one can hear the actors sometimes managing the r at the end.
Alberich is Norse-Oberon, ruler of the elves.
Hagen is a worrier and the one who supposedly kills Siegfried in the Nibelungen saga by hitting his Achilles heel.
But who are Syd and Bud? There's no mention of twin brothers anywhere. There is one river "Sid" in Walhalla, and there's Baldre which can be mispronounced as Bud I guess, who's actually Thor's brother.

heqtorMar 19, 2019 10:19 AM
Mar 26, 6:43 PM
Jun 2023
Did Shiryu really killed people with a sword in his training? 0.0

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.