Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 20, 2012 10:35 AM

Feb 2011
Okay..girls school and military. what more do we need?
May 20, 2012 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
Striker Units, Magic, Animal Ears and Neuroi.

That's all I could think of
Jun 2, 2012 8:05 PM
Apr 2011
They could change the infantry support gun for other long barrel, decent one. (?)
Nothing much to do with the anime itself but meh, I felt like saying that.
Jun 6, 2012 8:21 AM

Apr 2011
I'm gonna try this one since the script director is also the one that wrote the K-on.. K-on is a masterpiece(for me)... and no harm in trying, right :))
Jul 16, 2012 8:36 PM

Jul 2010
This series looks disgusting. What sick mind came up with the idea of making an anime about high school girls and a panzer 4 tank, a tank that caused so much death and destruction during the second world war. how dare the creators trivialise such a horrific symbol of destruction and try to cash in on its image. i mean whats next "Girl und Auschwitz", "Girls und Hitler"
Jul 20, 2012 2:53 AM

Mar 2010
magic_kaito said:
This series looks disgusting. What sick mind came up with the idea of making an anime about high school girls and a panzer 4 tank, a tank that caused so much death and destruction during the second world war. how dare the creators trivialise such a horrific symbol of destruction and try to cash in on its image. i mean whats next "Girl und Auschwitz", "Girls und Hitler"
Better than making an anime about girls slaughtering each other with these tanks.
Jul 20, 2012 3:01 AM

Mar 2012
magic_kaito said:
Someone with a much better sense of humor than you came up with such an idea. There's a time and a place for everything, dude. No one's making you watch the show. Would you react the same if the title was "Broads and Shermans" or "Birds and Churchills"?
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jul 28, 2012 7:35 AM

Aug 2011
This is all that is needed to satisfy me :3
Jul 28, 2012 7:43 AM

Oct 2011
akira25ysai said:
I'm gonna try this one since the script director is also the one that wrote the K-on.. K-on is a masterpiece(for me)... and no harm in trying, right :))
Plus technical consultant is guy who was working in Strike Witches and Upotte - and especially in the second one there was a lot of nice informations (heck that was almost educationa-ecchi series).

Girls und Hitler: so history of 3rd Reich with pantyshots of Goering wearing maid outfit and cat ears. That would be... interesting:
"Let's begin Fall Wiess plan and conquer Poland~nya!"
"Jawohl, Mein Führer~nya"
Jul 29, 2012 3:01 PM

Mar 2012
Girls and German tanks, what else is needed... maybe if Upotte, Strike Witches and Girls Und Panzer had a massive crossover...
Aug 21, 2012 6:06 PM

Jun 2008
This is going to be epic.
Aug 21, 2012 6:26 PM

Nov 2008
Redfoxoffire said:

I expect a line of tanks and figures of the girls, WWII models sell in Japan so having a line along with moe will definitely help figure and model sales. I may get one of the tanks and at least 1 figure of the girls.

Aug 23, 2012 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
Probably even dumber than it sounds.

akira25ysai said:
This is the exact type of person it's for.
Aug 29, 2012 1:45 AM

Apr 2008
Hoppy said:
Redfoxoffire said:

I expect a line of tanks and figures of the girls, WWII models sell in Japan so having a line along with moe will definitely help figure and model sales. I may get one of the tanks and at least 1 figure of the girls.
Military otaku already seems to be a well established niche in Japan, so nothing hurts about crossing that group with the anime fans. They already have overlapping population anyway.
Aug 29, 2012 7:59 PM

Aug 2008
Well, it sounds interesting enough to be checked out. I hope we don't get another Upotte, though.

magic_kaito said:
Auschwitz Hitler yadda yadda yadda

Every weapon causes death and destruction, duh.
Sep 13, 2012 6:05 AM

Nov 2011
Dalek-baka said:

Girls und Hitler: so history of 3rd Reich with pantyshots of Goering wearing maid outfit and cat ears. That would be... interesting:

Somebody should fund this.

LordAkbar said:
Girls and German tanks, what else is needed... maybe if Upotte, Strike Witches and Girls Und Panzer had a massive crossover...

Space & time would stop existing once such a thing happend. The universe can't handle that.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 14, 2012 4:44 PM
Feb 2011
magic_kaito said:

It's kind of the deal with weapons. They tend to cause death.
Any military inspired show, anime or not, action or moecrap, is basically cashing in on that.

DraconisMarch said:
Probably even dumber than it sounds.

Yeah, but it looks so trashy that it makes me want to at least try a couple episodes...

Dalek-baka said:

Wait, isn't that Hetalia? xD
Minus the girls, though...
Sep 25, 2012 8:52 PM

Oct 2009
Venneria said:
Lolis and pantsu. Tentacles and clothes dissolving slime are optional.
Sep 26, 2012 2:17 AM

Apr 2008
Venneria said:
Have school with names such as "Red Army High School" as rival and student council president who looks like Sir Integra Hellsing :D

Anyone read this one ? It's also about girls and tanks, with fan service cranked up by several degrees (same magazine as Aki Sora, figures)
Drawn by the guy who do Strike Witches' Africa series, semi-reference comic book about tanks and protest against Ishihara.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/20665/
Sep 28, 2012 3:02 PM

Jun 2012
I'll give it a try, but so far it seems like another Strike bitches type anime? Not that i dislike my strike bitches... They're pretty good.
Sep 30, 2012 4:58 AM

Nov 2010
Hmm... I guess M4 Shermans are moe... kind of.
Sep 30, 2012 12:03 PM

Feb 2012
Waiting to see a landkreuzer in this anime...
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Oct 7, 2012 5:49 PM

Jul 2012
In the trailer I saw the words "K-On!" I love anybody who had anything to do with that series. I'm going to watch this for sure.
Oct 8, 2012 1:26 PM

Jul 2009
Anime meets world of tanks. My life is complete now.
Oct 8, 2012 5:46 PM
May 2012
rederoin said:
Dalek-baka said:

Somebody should fund this.

LordAkbar said:

Space & time would stop existing once such a thing happend. The universe can't handle that.

This, this and this.
Dear Lord, now all that I require in order to die happily would be an Ecchi show about MODERN fighter jets. I mean: we have Strikw Witches with WW2 planes, Upotte! with infantry tactics and guns, and now we get Armored Division with Girls und Panzer! I know that what I'd like to see now is some sexy jet action.

Understand that last phrase in any way that you want ;D
Oct 8, 2012 5:52 PM

Jul 2010
A lot of people seem to be mistaking my disgust with this series as being directed at the fact that there a tank in it. Thats not true, what irks me is that their using a panzer mark 3 (possibly 4) a tank used by the Germans during the second world war and was a key tool in the deaths of millions of people in a horrible war that never should have happened.

Now im not saying this tank image should be censored from the world, like if your making an anime set in world war 2 then thats fine show the tank all you want. but when you making a sleazy series thats just trying to make money by appealing to weapons otakus and, lets be honest here, perverts then thats just wrong.

Why not just have a generic looking tank, or better yet the creators could use their fucking imagination and create some interesting and unique tank designs. But of course thats not going to happen because then weapon otakus wouldn't watch the show because their Favourite tank isn't in it, money before morals people.

I know im sounding like a whiny middle aged conservative mother, and im surprised myself how much this bothers me as usually i dont give a shit what animes put in their shows, but it does bother me because show like this continue to lower the bar for future shows in term of quality and common sense,
Oct 8, 2012 6:02 PM

Nov 2011
magic_kaito said:
A lot of people seem to be mistaking my disgust with this series as being directed at the fact that there a tank in it. Thats not true, what irks me is that their using a panzer mark 3 (possibly 4) a tank used by the Germans during the second world war and was a key tool in the deaths of millions of people in a horrible war that never should have happened.

Now im not saying this tank image should be censored from the world, like if your making an anime set in world war 2 then thats fine show the tank all you want. but when you making a sleazy series thats just trying to make money by appealing to weapons otakus and, lets be honest here, perverts then thats just wrong.

Why not just have a generic looking tank, or better yet the creators could use their fucking imagination and create some interesting and unique tank designs. But of course thats not going to happen because then weapon otakus wouldn't watch the show because their Favourite tank isn't in it, money before morals people.

I know im sounding like a whiny middle aged conservative mother, and im surprised myself how much this bothers me as usually i dont give a shit what animes put in their shows, but it does bother me because show like this continue to lower the bar for future shows in term of quality and common sense,

I understand where you are coming from but let's be honest, in this day and age people don't care as much about details such as weapons used, vehicles and such during WW2. Most people are just educated that this is World War 2, this is what happened and how it ended. So not a lot actually look into this stuff and/or if they do don't really care since this is something that didn't happen in their lifetime.

I mean look at where we are today, racial jokes, mocking religion, praising terrible people for laughs and so on. To say the least I think we've de-sensitized ourselves a lot compared to how people were decades ago.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 8, 2012 6:15 PM

Jul 2010
I suppose your right.

But i have yet to see an anime where a bunch of high school girls ride around in a giant robot that can only shout racist comments and mock religions.(Big emphasis on the "yet", im not putting anything past the anime industry these days)

I was just hopping to help convince people not to watch shows like this so that eventually writers will have to write better shows or people will just stop watching animes.
Oct 9, 2012 2:35 AM

Jul 2009
magic_kaito said:
Thats not true, what irks me is that their using a panzer mark 3 (possibly 4) a tank used by the Germans during the second world war and was a key tool in the deaths of millions of people in a horrible war that never should have happened.

Panzer IV with KwK 37/L24 I guess.

A tool is a tool, you can use a knife to chop vegetables or to stab people. Would you blame (let's say) Boeing for 9/11?

\EDIT: Holy crap, I'm driving german tanks in world of tanks, which means I'm a fucking nazi and mass murderer.
orzel286Oct 9, 2012 2:40 AM
Oct 9, 2012 5:47 AM

Nov 2011
orzel286 said:
magic_kaito said:
Thats not true, what irks me is that their using a panzer mark 3 (possibly 4) a tank used by the Germans during the second world war and was a key tool in the deaths of millions of people in a horrible war that never should have happened.

A tool is a tool, you can use a knife to chop vegetables or to stab people. Would you blame (let's say) Boeing for 9/11?

EDIT: Holy crap, I'm driving german tanks in world of tanks, which means I'm a fucking nazi and mass murderer.

Idiots will always be idiots. No point in wasting time on them.

Oct 9, 2012 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
magic_kaito said:

I was just hopping to help convince people not to watch shows like this so that eventually writers will have to write better shows or people will just stop watching animes.

Ye... about that.. that will never happen, most people don't give a crap about stuff like that.

You won't convince anybody, why are you wasting your time?

Oct 9, 2012 12:51 PM
Nov 2010
rederoin said:
orzel286 said:
magic_kaito said:

EDIT: Holy crap, I'm driving german tanks in world of tanks, which means I'm a fucking nazi and mass murderer.

Just because he's expressing his displeasure with a blatantly offensive anime premise doesn't make him an idiot. I was going to type out a much more well-worded argument but then I saw that you're the kind of cancerous filth who eats up any form of otaku bait, be it mecha musume or underaged lesbians, I decided I better not waste my breath.
Oct 9, 2012 1:07 PM

Nov 2011
bewareofmpreg said:
rederoin said:
orzel286 said:
magic_kaito said:

Just because he's expressing his displeasure with a blatantly offensive anime premise doesn't make him an idiot. I was going to type out a much more well-worded argument but then I saw that you're the kind of cancerous filth who eats up any form of otaku bait, be it mecha musume or underaged lesbians, I decided I better not waste my breath.

Thats okay, I wouldn't waste my time on you either. You're in the same group as that guy.

Oct 9, 2012 1:44 PM
Dec 2009
this show makes me want to cause physical injury towards the writer, still gonna watch it but ep one has me cringe.

Being a tank crew as a martial art specifically meant for females? high school elective?! Ok i can accept the martial art bit, operating any crew served weapon or vehicle is on par with any martial art. It requires coordination, communication, trust, and responsibility. But i dont like the fact that it is described as "for women" or any of the ways the introductory video suggested it would enhance womanliness. that aside how the hell can a school afford to maintain and operate both the vehicles or the grounds required for such training to occur?! This is made worse by the fact that the town is on the deck of an aircraft carrier. from the way the camera shows the ship, even though it is over sized there simply isn't enough room for any training in combat maneuvers beyond small scale skirmishes.

magic_kaito said:

i agree this kind of show lowers the bar...significantly, but the use of a panzer Mk3/4 is in no way inappropriate. The tank did not partake in genocide, only invasion. it is responsible for killing soldiers and other tank crews and perhaps collateral damage here or there like any other tank.

The choice of this particular model of panzer is probably due to its high numbers of production and the fact that it was THE tank which is iconic of the 2nd world war as the one which was in use when modern armored tactics were developed and used. This is probably the same reason why the opening sequence featured a Cromwell instead of say a crusader. they were the tanks iconic to their particular nations of the time. When you think german ww2 tank, the image which pops into your head 90% of the time will be a panzer mk3/4 not a tiger. Tigers also did not partake in maneuvers, they roll in and they blast. they were slow. the PZ3s and 4s were fast and maneuverable. which i am going to assume is the point of this show.

the reason they did not make up some generic tank is because a generic non existent tank has no appeal. Thus is the reason why in strike witches each unit could be identified as the tail section of a particular fighter plane and not just a generic tail section. Actual designs have meaning to them, crazy video game or tv generic designs don't. A panzer is the hallmark of german engineering, not fascism. People need to stop relating one thing to another. this is on par with saying some kid must be a trashy criminal cause his parents or grand parents are of a lower caste.
Bringerof_DOct 9, 2012 2:07 PM
Oct 10, 2012 10:41 AM

Jul 2010
seems like it has potential
Oct 11, 2012 5:58 AM

Nov 2009
๑magic_kaito

Wait, you blame the tank insted of people who used it to kill other people???

That's a strange logic, really.

The tanks/weapons themselve did noting wrong, it was people who used them to kill.
Marina2Oct 11, 2012 6:04 AM
Oct 11, 2012 4:29 PM

Sep 2010
Not even going to attempt to watch this cause it will probably be shit.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 23, 2012 4:39 AM

Dec 2007
magic_kaito said:

I see where you're coming from, but the fact is that it's a very weak position. As stated, the Panzer III and Panzer IV were not the source of so much death and destruction, nor were they instrumental in it. They were part of the German conquest of most of Europe, but they had nothing to do with what the Nazis did in occupied territoy. And they weren't even critical to that - any halfway decent tank model would have sufficed. All you have to do is look at the historical record - the Panzer III and IV were completely outclassed in armor and firepower by many British and French tanks in 1939, let alone the Soviet ones. It was the tactics used that made them successful in spite of this defficiency. If you really want to hate on a development that Germany could not have succeeded without, you might as well hate the radio. Their real secret was that the Heer was the first ground force in history to make heavy use of radio communication in order to coordinate operations. Every tank had one. Most infantry units did too. No one else had anything close for several years.

What the German tanks are is iconic. They're iconic because they were used to accomplish great feats despite great adversity. As I said, the Germans repeatedly bested opponents with superior armor throughout the first years of the war. And in the later years, the Germans repeatedly held their own against forces that greatly outnumbered them. Anything that can do that deserves recognition. To many people, those tanks represent the triumph of tactics and technical achievment over adversity far more than they represent the occupation of Europe, and few directly associate them with the Holocaust. Cattle cars and Gestapo agents (and Hitler of course) are much more deserving of that end of the stick.

But even if they were associated with that, so what? People have a long and sordid history of forgetting inconvenient facts when they want to respect someone or something. Henry Ford, for example, is practically deified throughout my home state of Michigan for his role in advancing industry and the economy. Most people never even learned that he was one of the worst Anti-Semites of the 20th Century, so much so that he is mentioned in a positive light, by name, in Hitler's Mein Kampf, and received an award from the Nazi Ambassador on Hitler's behalf. His violent efforts in preventing the formation of unions are also relegated to footnotes even in many local history classes. In short, he was a phenominally bad person, but still gets a great deal of respect for what he accomplished.

There are dozens of similar situations in modern history, and the number increases geometrically as we go further back. We remember what we want to remember, not the truth. If we focused on the latter, countless people and organizations considered to be great would have to be denigrated even though there's something to celebrate.

You're fine with your opinion. You're not alone. My cousin was apalled to see me playing Panzer General when we were younger - he could never get over the fact that I was playing Germans as they conquered the world, yet at the same time he enjoyed the Civilization series, which itself contains plenty of equally immoral content. He also didn't stick around long enough to watch me later switch it for Allied General and do the exact opposite.
Nov 6, 2012 6:19 AM

Apr 2008
Seeing you lots discuss every episodes here, at least for me, Girls & Panzer has become a masterpiece for this season like Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon for summer. Huge cast, epic battles, well researched facts and attention to the details.
May 1, 2020 12:55 AM

Nov 2019
That premise is not at all appealing to me. Better watch then think rather than think then watch this type of shows imo. Keep your expectations extremely low, but watch seriously. Result? Enjoy at your fullest.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 5, 2020 12:25 PM
Oct 2016
There are some minor things that could lower my enjoyment a bit (like how some tanks are going faster than they're capable of or that how the plot isn't too special), but they're not. I actually enjoyed it a lot, even with some minor errors like that. The characters are likeable, the action is awesome and the soundtrack is really good. That pretty much sums it up how much i like this series. I could think a reason or two for that.

Also, i should mention that i've watched it at least 4 times. Each time i rewatch, i usually pay attention to details i missed before. It pays off. Or i just watch it for fun.

Finally, i didn't watch it when it aired. Heard of it in 2016, started watching in 2019, but stopped after watching 3/4 of it for unknown reasons, and finally resumed it from the beginning in 2020. All in all, i'm glad i discovered such a masterpiece.
Mar 13, 2022 1:15 AM
Aug 2018
Im enjoying this anime eventho this have lot of different with the real one but the vibe about fighting,teammate and never surrender is really got me
8/10
Jul 25, 2022 9:05 PM
Nov 2016
OdysseusUlysses said:

Omg, I stumbled upon this discussion thread and absolute gem of an opinion. Best part, I think this person was serious. Holy shit…I love the absurdity of human thought

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.