Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Approve?
May 13, 2012 3:47 PM

Oct 2010
In the spoiler
is what you have as Character designs! MARVELLOUSLY WELL DONE!

Their names:
Twintails: Scilica
Pink Hair: Lizbet
Chestnut Hair: Asuna
Black Hair: Kirito

I dig the Twintails Scilica but my #1 as of this stands as Lizbet.

What do you think of the first type of designs?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 13, 2012 10:03 PM

Oct 2011
the design looks good, but I still think kirito looks too young compared his light novel design
May 13, 2012 10:15 PM

Nov 2011
They look cute. Hope there will be more badass characters.
May 13, 2012 10:34 PM

Oct 2010
lolzteez said:
the design looks good, but I still think kirito looks too young compared his light novel design
Yeah seems to be a problem around. I noticed that too with the MC of C3. He is way more serious in the manga.

May 14, 2012 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
now thats more like it!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 14, 2012 8:37 PM

Jul 2011
What arc do you guys think they will animate to?
I personally want to see gun one (arc title slipping my mind) animated
May 14, 2012 9:00 PM

Oct 2011
I'm guessing that it will only be the SAO arc + SAO SS in a chronological format, since that's all they had in the PV.
May 14, 2012 9:18 PM

Jul 2011
I figured Side Stories, the light novel version, will be there (since I saw Liz, well someone who looks like liz), but what about the one from the webs, I haven't read those yet. Can anyone confirm any of the characters up there from the side stories online.
May 15, 2012 9:30 AM

Dec 2007
Honestly I think those chara designs are kinda too "kawaii" - especially Scilica, since she looks just like your generic token loli., Kirito's actually all right

About animated material, I can pretty much guess that they will throw in everything Aincrad-related, which means Volumes 1+2+Aria.
tjordMay 15, 2012 9:33 AM
May 15, 2012 7:23 PM

Oct 2011
From the preview we can see that they will be animating SAO vol 1, the short stories in vol 2, Aria in the Starless Night, and most likely the First Day short story from vol 8.
Would love it if they also animated Algade Showdown xD
May 15, 2012 8:10 PM

Oct 2011
lolzteez said:

I still think EVERYONE'S design looks too young compared to the LN design. Oh, and it looks too cutesy. It should be more grittier, or at least less bright, with the stuff that happens later in the series.

And IMO, Lizbet's character design doesn't looks right. :/
KuranoMay 15, 2012 9:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2012 3:02 AM

Oct 2010
Kurano said:
lolzteez said:

I still think EVERYONE'S design looks too young compared to the LN design. Oh, and it looks too cutesy. It should be more grittier, or at least less bright, with the stuff that happens later in the series.

And IMO, Lizbet's character design doesn't looks right. :/
I noticed that too with manga of C3. MC male is far less serious in anime. Too cutesy even like you mention. Maybe in thee end it's MOE INVASION!

May 16, 2012 7:54 AM

Feb 2009
zerotenshigg said:
I figured Side Stories, the light novel version, will be there (since I saw Liz, well someone who looks like liz), but what about the one from the webs, I haven't read those yet. Can anyone confirm any of the characters up there from the side stories online.
What do you mean? The characters in the web novels are still the same characters, Kirito and Asuna. The ones available in BT are still about them.
May 19, 2012 12:16 PM

May 2010
Lol are they 12?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 19, 2012 3:33 PM

Aug 2011
I REALLY can't wait till July....
May 20, 2012 11:02 AM

Apr 2009
As someone who is reading the books, I can't express how exited I am for this show to start!
May 24, 2012 7:00 AM

May 2011
FREAKING AWESOME!!
May 24, 2012 7:04 AM

Sep 2010
The guy looks amazing. Summer is almost here!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 25, 2012 1:48 AM
Apr 2012
Confucius said:
Lol are they 12?

kirito is 14, if memory serves me right...
while the girls are the same and younger... close tho
tzukimataMay 25, 2012 2:13 AM
May 28, 2012 10:45 AM

Feb 2012
tzukimata said:
Confucius said:
Lol are they 12?

kirito is 14, if memory serves me right...
while the girls are the same and younger... close tho

kirito is 14 at the start of SAO, hes 16 by the end
asuna is 15 at the start

dont know about lizbet and scilla
May 31, 2012 8:56 AM

Sep 2009
> dont know about lizbet and scilla

Lizbet is the same age as Asuna. Scilica is 12 at the start of SAO. So she's 14 at the end
May 31, 2012 6:15 PM

Feb 2011
Well if they are only doing the SAO and SAO SS, then it will onlt be 12 episodes, I mean if it was 24 then it would cover Fairy Dance, and possibly Phantom Bullet if they dropped some of content, but yeah. 12 episodes.
May 31, 2012 9:33 PM

Feb 2009
dim100 said:
Well if they are only doing the SAO and SAO SS, then it will onlt be 12 episodes, I mean if it was 24 then it would cover Fairy Dance, and possibly Phantom Bullet if they dropped some of content, but yeah. 12 episodes.
SAO is 2-cour, just like Accel World. It wouldn't be fair for AW to be 2-cour while SAO is 1-cour.
So yeah, ALO might be included.
Jun 1, 2012 5:12 AM

Oct 2010
belatkuro said:
dim100 said:
SAO is 2-cour, just like Accel World. It wouldn't be fair for AW to be 2-cour while SAO is 1-cour.
So yeah, ALO might be included.
NICE! So we expect S1 then break and S2?

Jun 1, 2012 7:07 AM

Feb 2009
No, I'm pretty sure that SAO will run the full 2-cour and not a split cour like F/Z, Rinne no Lagrange and Horizon.
Jun 1, 2012 7:37 AM

Oct 2010
belatkuro said:
No, I'm pretty sure that SAO will run the full 2-cour and not a split cour like F/Z, Rinne no Lagrange and Horizon.
EVEN BETTER! Is there a official confirmation for this?

Yeah I do hope it will be 2 cours full. I expect it to go up the notch by half point for fall and hence school return.

Can this series live up to Shana easily?

Jun 1, 2012 5:53 PM

May 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
belatkuro said:
EVEN BETTER! Is there a official confirmation for this?

Yeah I do hope it will be 2 cours full. I expect it to go up the notch by half point for fall and hence school return.

Can this series live up to Shana easily?

No news about it, but I think ANN has already posted the news if I remember.
Jun 3, 2012 7:33 PM

Feb 2011
Well basing on how suguha is a supporting character that discounts fairy dance. Cause she is definitely a main character in that arc. Since no cast was done for Sinon means no chance at all of phantom bullet.
Also, being less savvy what is the exact meaning of "cours"?
Anyway, with the meta editions and SAO SS in volume 8, volume 2 together with SAO 1 it could be 24 episodes, but since not everyone knows about the meta editions they may think that some episode are filler. So yeah without Fairy dance 24 episodes is a possibility, while stretched, like a really big rubberband.
Jun 3, 2012 11:14 PM

Feb 2009
Cour means a full season run, 12-13 episodes. So two cour means 24-26 episodes.

Let's just wait until the second PV comes out. The first PV confirms that Aria in the Starless Night, volume 2 side stories(though no Yui yet) and probably vol8 ch3(the first day) are included. And it all depends how fast they do each chapter if ALO can be included. I hope it gets included though.
Jun 4, 2012 8:00 AM

Mar 2011
I'm hoping for PV 2 this june :/

Jun 4, 2012 9:20 AM

Oct 2010
ricardo241 said:
I'm hoping for PV 2 this june :/
I will try to put it up as another thread or just add here. I will try but right now there is nothing of it.

Jun 5, 2012 4:10 PM

Sep 2009
SAO would be 25 eps. It's already confirmed. But I still prefer detailed adaptation of SAO arc+SS+Aria in the Stainless Night+all other side stories than SAO+ALO adaptation.
Jun 6, 2012 1:34 PM

Jul 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
SAO would be 25 eps. It's already confirmed. But I still prefer detailed adaptation of SAO arc+SS+Aria in the Stainless Night+all other side stories than SAO+ALO adaptation.

I feel the same. But again, I wouldn't want them to change the ending of volume 1 and deviate from the original story. If you know what I mean, ALO is the direct continuation of SAO. XD Unless, they are planing to focus on SAO and all the other SS that has to do with SAO only and make a second season focusing on ALO. But then again, this means nothing since the first season didn't even air yet so I don't like to assume things.

Once again, I think they can really use that 24-26 episodes on all the SAO contents (including the SS in volume 8 and possibly all the ME) and make it good. It's rare that good results will yield from rushing too many arcs in one go and cutting out details...it's just...no. If they mess up the anime by trying to fit too many arcs in it, I will be really sad. ._.

Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Jun 6, 2012 10:53 PM

Feb 2009
The official website lists 'Lyfa' instead of 'Kirigaya Suguha' in the characters' list.
That's a pretty good indication of ALO.

And I wouldnt really consider the MEs as canon stuff. It conflicts greatly with the happenings of the original timeline. ME8 and ME9 are the most prominent.
Jun 7, 2012 9:25 AM

Mar 2011
Just looked on the official site and found out that LiSA will be performing the OP
And the date for the anime will be on July 7-8

Gahh can't wait .... I hope the next update will be the second PV (not CM)

Jun 15, 2012 7:20 AM
Feb 2010
1 volume +side stories are waaaaaaay too little to fill 25 episodes, they must and will adapt Vol. 3+4
Jun 15, 2012 2:27 PM

Dec 2010
El_Presidente said:
1 volume +side stories are waaaaaaay too little to fill 25 episodes, they must and will adapt Vol. 3+4

Its actually 2 volumes and the SS Aria; they may also include the SS in volume 8 as well, there is no need for volume 3 and 4, it would just throw the pacing off since its a completely different arc. Also the PV gives no indication of the ALO arc, and thats a good thing.
Jun 16, 2012 2:24 AM

Feb 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
El_Presidente said:

Its actually 2 volumes and the SS Aria; they may also include the SS in volume 8 as well, there is no need for volume 3 and 4, it would just throw the pacing off since its a completely different arc. Also the PV gives no indication of the ALO arc, and thats a good thing.
^Again, the official website lists in the staff and cast the name 'Lyfa' instead of 'Kirigaya Suguha'. That's a good enough indication that ALO might get animated. And again, let's just wait for PV2 to see how if they will go to ALO. The SS in vol8 about the first day will obviously be animated too, as we see Kirito running off in the sunset in the basic equipment.
Jun 16, 2012 12:31 PM

Dec 2010
belatkuro said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
El_Presidente said:

^Again, the official website lists in the staff and cast the name 'Lyfa' instead of 'Kirigaya Suguha'. That's a good enough indication that ALO might get animated. And again, let's just wait for PV2 to see how if they will go to ALO. The SS in vol8 about the first day will obviously be animated too, as we see Kirito running off in the sunset in the basic equipment.

I merely stated on my opinion on what i would think of them mixing in the ALO arc; i never said it was impossible for it to occur, and what i said about the first PV is true, also the official website might have errors in naming, it would be no different then listing Kirito as Kazuto or vice versa.

As a side note, they is also the murder case SS in volume 8 as well as the "First Day" like you mentioned, when you mix this with the first two volumes and Aria, it should be enough right? Since when you consider length, the two SS in volume 8 are pretty much another volume, so its almost 3 volumes and Aria
Jun 17, 2012 5:01 AM
Feb 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
Its actually 2 volumes and the SS Aria; they may also include the SS in volume 8 as well

That's what I meant with side stories. Still, normally 25 episodes cover around 6 Volumes of a light novel, covering Vol. 1-4+8 and some other short stories would be just about right. The Aincrad arc alone is NOT enough.
Jun 17, 2012 11:39 AM

Oct 2009
Why does everyone say they can't wait until July? All the information I've found says it starts in June. Exactly one week from today actually.

Also, I hope they don't screw up the relationship... They always change the relationship from the original story. I liked the relationship between the two of them in the first volume and hope they don't change it. Well of course they can't show
Jun 17, 2012 3:28 PM

Dec 2011
lol really? hope so. Well as one of the most anticipated animes of the summer let's just hope they don't tone down and modify the "story" just in order to make it target a younger audience, I really dislike that with Anime adaptions of great Manga/Novels. But since its by Aniplex Im not too worried about that happening with their bank of shows :3
Jun 17, 2012 7:45 PM

Feb 2009
Firestalker5 said:
Why does everyone say they can't wait until July? All the information I've found says it starts in June. Exactly one week from today actually.

Also, I hope they don't screw up the relationship... They always change the relationship from the original story. I liked the relationship between the two of them in the first volume and hope they don't change it. Well of course they can't show
From the More Info tab:
The first episode received an early screening at Tokyo International Forum Hall C on June 24th, 2012. The regular TV broadcast started in July 2012.

The official start date is July 7. The first episode however will be pre-aired in a special closed event next week.
And again, the special chapter 16.5 is not in the printed volume of SAO in Dengeki but in the web novel version in Kawahara's site. It will most likely not be featured but I think it will only be implied.
Jun 18, 2012 4:30 PM

Oct 2009
So does anyone know what volumes their going to cover on this show? After reading through volume 4 I have to say I can't how they'll do this with just the first and second volumes... and 12-13 episodes. I can see 12-13 episodes if they ONLY do the first and second volumes, but then the story would incomplete [unless they change it a lot].

The ending of the 4th volume seemed a lot better place to end a series. It felt more ended. But they can't fit the SAO and ALO arcs into 12-13 episodes, but they can in 26.
Jun 19, 2012 3:08 AM

Feb 2009
This is 2-cour. 25 episodes.
It's still in the air as to how much will be covered as the first PV only showed the beginning of vol1, the sidestory Aria in the Starless Night, and chapter 4 of volume 2 Sachi;_;. Unconfirmed but the last chapter of volume 8, First Day, might be included as Kirito is shown there in his basic equipment and running in the fields towards the next town.
Liz, Scilica and Yui are all around the promo arts in magazines so the whole of volume 2 might be covered too(the first two are in the PV1).
Yet, in the official website, you can see there the name "Lyfa" in the staff and cast list, which indicate that ALO arc mightl be included too.

tl;dr, needs more updates of info and PV2 to know how much will be adapted.
Jun 22, 2012 6:59 PM

Jul 2010
Here is a 15 seconds CM of SAO's ED song "Yume Sekai" by Haruka Tomatsu.

Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Jun 23, 2012 8:35 AM
Jan 2011

More topics from this board

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

88 by Lor3nzo2416 »»
5 minutes ago

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

19 by nasralkhatib »»
Jun 8, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1446 by kosarzek »»
Jun 6, 7:11 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

74 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1269 by Hesmiyu »»
Jun 4, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.