Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2012 3:11 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That explains what happened in their past.
Mar 16, 2014 8:38 PM

Apr 2011
I loved this manga. So cute! I wish we had gotten a little kiss-fan-service at the end though. I really like Hideyoshico's art and other works; so much feels :)
Jan 5, 2015 8:28 PM

Apr 2014
THEY DIDN'T GET TOGETHER?!

WHAT. I feel so frustrated

I had such high hopes for the both of them, and this chapter even made me tear up ;_; I don't want to be one of those people who only like good endings but this one REALLY deserved one.

Goddammit.
Jan 8, 2015 6:03 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting story, yet forgettable.
Jun 21, 2016 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
In the end, I found this to be pretty bad. 4/10.

The guy claimed he was starting to get confused between the two and wasn't sure who he liked. <-- We never saw any of it. When she took over the MC's body, we never saw how he interacted with his "girlfriend in a man's body". I cannot understand why that part of the story wasn't emphasized The Most. We only saw him crying when he believed his girlfriend was gonna disappear.

and, their connected past was pretty ridiculous imo. The positive: I have never read a similar shounen-ai (plot wise). Negative: the entire way this story was executed
Sep 11, 2018 8:35 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This had so much potential yet none of it's earned. You hardly care about the characters other then pity, the romance is set to auto pilot cause they can't naturally fall, and the end is so clunky and forced so you go OH I GET IT that it's just mind boggling. Irritating.

4/10
Jan 14, 2021 4:53 AM

Apr 2017
I didn't actually read the description until the end and was 100% on board for a "50 First Dates" type plot where the concussion messed up Kentarou's memory and he'd have to piece everything together. Near the end I was almost expecting the girlfriend to have been an alternate persona that Kentarou had made up because he was afraid of his feelings for Mashiba, with Mashiba playing along until Kentarou regained his memory.

I don't even know why this is tagged Shounen Ai. I mean I know it's tagged by magazine demographic, but if it wasn't I would have never assumed there was anything romantic going on between Kentarou and Mashiba. There are zero hints that they have any romantic feelings for each other. You could probably stretch it to the TWO panels where Kentarou (as Mi-chan) is straddling Mashiba, and the one in the extra with Mashiba resting his head on Kentarou's shoulder, but that's only if you're legitimately desperate to find some BL romance in here.

There was so much untapped potential. Kentarou feeling used by these two. Mashiba not being allowed to move on from his loss. Kentarou falling for the straight Mashiba because he was giving him attention (only while Mi-chan was in control). Mashiba being confused between his feelings for Mi-chan and Kentarou. All of them breezed past. The story looks deep at a first glance but is actually very shallowly done.

4/10

More topics from this board

» Extra

AlexSadist-sama - Apr 30, 2012

0 by AlexSadist-sama »»
Apr 30, 2012 3:19 AM

Poll: » Ikemen-kun to Saenai-kun Chapter 4 Discussion

0 by AlexSadist-sama »»
Apr 30, 2012 2:48 AM

Poll: » Ikemen-kun to Saenai-kun Chapter 3 Discussion

0 by AlexSadist-sama »»
Apr 30, 2012 2:34 AM

Poll: » Ikemen-kun to Saenai-kun Chapter 2 Discussion

0 by AlexSadist-sama »»
Apr 30, 2012 2:20 AM

Poll: » Ikemen-kun to Saenai-kun Chapter 1 Discussion

0 by AlexSadist-sama »»
Apr 30, 2012 1:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.